Options

[Hearthstone] United in Horror at All of This

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    her line in the battle for lordaeron in-game is perhaps even dumber
    Sylvanas Windrunner: You call for peace when it suits you, little lion, but you're quick enough to kill.

"OH so peace only suits you when i'm NOT warring on you HUH"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    To be fair, Sylvanas is currently the WoW equivalent of Hitler's head stapled to the body of Stalin.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    3clips3 wrote: »
    To be fair, Sylvanas is currently the WoW equivalent of Hitler's head stapled to the body of Stalin.

okay listen i've been out of WoW since Mists, what the fuck

the fuck HAPPENED like what the fuck lol

i mean i knew WoW's writers were shit but like, fucking what

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Blizz keeps giving aggro decks more ways to draw and generate resources than control decks. This is a design mistake they make repeatedly and games like MtG figured out years ago to avoid.

It’s insanely frustrating to stabilize against aggro only for them to easily recover with hidden passage or skull. DH is prob the worst offender but rogue has issues too.

Also, guaranteed mana progression means there is no drawback to threat density (unlike games that require players to balance mana generation against action cards).

• Options
    CorranCorran VARegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    What are you swapping out for the Amalgams?

I've been trying out different things. Barov, fleethoof, claw machine, carousel gryphon.

I think claw machine was the best of them but YMMV.

• Options
    Dibby wrote: »

sylvanas literally started a new war because she and Satan had tricked the afterlife into sending every soul that died to Super Hell

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited February 2021

sylvanas literally started a new war because she and Satan had tricked the afterlife into sending every soul that died to Super Hell

I need to stress that this is not a joke, it is literally how the plot of Battle for Azeroth leads into Shadowlands.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options

I need to stress that this is not a joke, it is literally how the plot of Battle for Azeroth leads into Shadowlands.

i fucking hate this

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    vol'jin made her warchief because a ghost told him to and he went "yeah okay"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    but the ghost was an EVIL ghost who was TRICKING him, ooooOOOOOOooo

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I actually kinda like sylvanas' motivation; she's scared to die (again) and thinks she's found a way to never die

I fully expect the payoff to be stupid though

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    vol'jin made her warchief because a ghost told him to and he went "yeah okay"
    but the ghost was an EVIL ghost who was TRICKING him, ooooOOOOOOooo

HOW DOES IT KEEP GETTING WORSE

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

On the bright side, Jaina is no longer like "all Horde are evil and I hate them all."

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i distinctly remember garrosh calling sylvanas a bitch in one of the remade cata zones (silverpine maybe?) and have learned that this was since removed

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    i distinctly remember garrosh calling sylvanas a bitch in one of the remade cata zones (silverpine maybe?) and have learned that this was since removed

Yeah, the explanation they gave was mostly ass-covering, I think they just (correctly) realized that having such misogynistic language in the game wasn't a great idea. It becomes less and less socially acceptable each year.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Beasteh wrote: »

Yeah, the explanation they gave was mostly ass-covering, I think they just (correctly) realized that having such misogynistic language in the game wasn't a great idea. It becomes less and less socially acceptable each year.

they really had to drive it home that garrosh was a Not Good and that was the only way they could possibly think to represent that in writing

writing, which has an infinite way of expressing things, a multitude of possibilities at your fingertips, and they went with "you's a bitch tho"

what a concept

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Ok, died last 3 games in BG on less than 10% lethal. Time to take a break.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Alert: Arcane Explosion and Arcane Watcher are being run unironically at high legend.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Jump to 2:46 for hilarity. I'm guessing Glide just isn't cutting it in DH decks.

https://youtu.be/xS7DA4oRXpQ

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    started playing again recently because I got a bunch of free packs

tempo rogue is a lot of fun, feels amazing to pull a bullshit turn straight out of your ass. I'm starting to run into more Alura paladins as I get to high gold and things are becoming significantly less fun. That deck completely destroys my deck unless they miss both Alura and Nozdormu which never happens

4801jyqfpv22.png

got my first trash talk today, a pure paladin that I beat

I'm sure there were a lot of misplays on my side, it's a hard deck! but he didn't stick around for my retort that the game losing misplay was his Libram of Hope getting eaten by my counterspell

shoulda played around it my friend

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Some people just want to rage because they should have been favored in the matchup, but somehow think favored = always win.

Most people really dont get that, in any card game like this, the best win rate you can really hope for 70/30.

Sometimes the draws just fuck you, no matter how good you play or how bad your opponent plays.

Edit:
    also, the drive-by of add friend, insult, then block before you can respond is so childish. At least take your lumps back instead of being a coward.

ronzo on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Huh

That's a huge shakeup

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Wow, I didn't think we'd be getting the Classic changes announcement this early.
    More deck slots!
    RIP all casual players. :rotate:

forty on
  • Options
    Unlike how Basic and Classic functioned previously, the Core Set will be refreshed each year. At the end of every (Hearthstone) year, a new Core Set will take the place of the previous, comprised of new and existing cards. When that happens, the Core Set cards that are rotating will be swapped with new ones in your Collection automatically.
    Seems like they're committing to a lot more work for themselves.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Unlike how Basic and Classic functioned previously, the Core Set will be refreshed each year. At the end of every (Hearthstone) year, a new Core Set will take the place of the previous, comprised of new and existing cards. When that happens, the Core Set cards that are rotating will be swapped with new ones in your Collection automatically.
    Seems like they're committing to a lot more work for themselves.

True, but this is for the best. The Basic/Classic set being unchanged for 7 years showed left a huge stagnant aroma in the meta. Refreshing the Core set every year truly changes up the dynamics of deckbuilding and keeps things fresh.

Honestly, this should have been done back in 2016.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Jesus fucking hell that's the biggest change to the game they've ever made, something I don't think ANYONE was actually expecting, but many people were hoping for some kind of core set rotation, yeah?

Hella interesting. This is... really good.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Picking and choosing from the old sets and adding new cards for each year sounds fun.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Just pondering here - do cards flip stats depending on which style you're playing?

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Is classic format supposed to be a permanent thing? How exciting is a constructed format that never gets new cards or balance changes supposed to be? Or do they plan on slowly adding more until it becomes Wild II?

• Options
    The Judge wrote: »
    Just pondering here - do cards flip stats depending on which style you're playing?
    Potentially, yes. They gave an example with Knife Juggler:
    If you have Knife Juggler in your Collection, you’ll have two versions of it—one that can be used in Wild with 2 Attack and 2 Health, and one you can use in the Classic format as it was in 2014 with 3 Attack and 2 Health.

• Options
    Cards that were added to the Classic set later in Hearthstone's history will not be usable in the Classic format or drop from Classic packs, but will be craftable as part of the Legacy set in Wild.
    Sounds like there's no reason for me to hang on to the Classic packs I hadn't been opening, then? Might as well open them now since I don't really care about Classic format, and the more non-Classic "Legacy" cards I hit, the less I'll be missing in case they ever become relevant in a Wild format of some sort.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Is classic format supposed to be a permanent thing? How exciting is a constructed format that never gets new cards or balance changes supposed to be? Or do they plan on slowly adding more until it becomes Wild II?
    Good questions.

It will be interesting to see how quickly the Classic meta stagnates with all the sites and tools available now that weren't around in 2014. I envision it will see a bunch of play for a couple weeks and then quickly taper off. I can't imagine it will be a good avenue for climbing ranks for end of season rewards, because I'm guessing after a while it'll just be filled mostly with a relatively few dedicated die-hards.

If I'm understanding what I've read correctly, new players will be completely disincentivized from Classic mode, as you'll still need to actually own the cards to use them, and there will otherwise be very little point to buying Classic packs and crafting Classic cards anymore.

forty on
  • Options
    (laughs in kibler)

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    When is this going into effect? My foolish dream to maybe hit Legendary may finally die now.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    No official dates yet, but it sounds like there will be two phases. The rotation and Core Set being introduced won't happen until the next expansion releases, which will probably be early April. In some sort of patch before then, Classic Mode is supposed to become available. I would guess mid to late March but we'll have to see.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Does this mean we'll have four formats to play ranked in?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Standard
    Wild
    Classic
    Arena
    Battlegrounds
    Duels

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    lolduels

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I'd honestly forgotten Duels existed. I think I did like 2 runs and decided that that was plenty.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc