As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] United in Horror at All of This

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Nice turn 4 Jaraxxus, you highrolling fuck.

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Jaraxxus' Hero power should at least cost two health now. It's so powerful versus any other control deck because of the value.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Jaraxxus' Hero power should at least cost two health now. It's so powerful versus any other control deck because of the value.

Or there should be more ways to mess with hero powers.
    hm6nku74ohbx.jpeg

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I've seen control decks tech for Reno Priest with Grizzled Wizard and Sir Finley in the past. Lets you functionally delete a special hero power.

JyaaVF7.pngDmt4pis.png

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Well, that's certainly a WILD solution.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Lady Anaconda plus Celestial Alignment can be nuts. Free spells are always balanced.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    One day Blizzard will realize almost every discount effect should have a floor of 1 cost

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Er. Since when is Auctioneer wild? I’ve seen people playing it in standard not 4 days ago.

kqkb33x1i7yy.png

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Er. Since when is Auctioneer wild? I’ve seen people playing it in standard not 4 days ago.

kqkb33x1i7yy.png

They stealth-patched to prevent you, specifically, from running auctioneer. Everyone else can still use it.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    According to this, Auctioneer is still in the Core set. Did you include the Core copy? It might be the Legacy copy that you were trying to put in the deck?

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    According to this, Auctioneer is still in the Core set. Did you include the Core copy? It might be the Legacy copy that you were trying to put in the deck?

What a weird issue. I guess that was it. I just removed the cards and added the auctioneers manually.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    yeah the logic the game uses for what card to select for a copy/pasted list can be pretty dumb, each card in the core set counting as a new copy of the old cards is a mess

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Well that fuckin' sucks.
    Hello everyone,

With the latest Hearthstone patch (20.4) the system requirements 7 for Android have indeed changed. The new requirements are Android 7.0 (Nougat) / Fire OS 6.0 or later

forty on
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Well that fuckin' sucks.
    Hello everyone,

With the latest Hearthstone patch (20.4) the system requirements 7 for Android have indeed changed. The new requirements are Android 7.0 (Nougat) / Fire OS 6.0 or later

"Lol, just buy a new phone! Sucks to suck!"

That is extremely shitty of them, and also extremely shitty that they didn't even like announce it or tell anyone, like people only found out because of a random blue post in the Tech Support section on the Official Forums???

How the fuck were people supposed to know about this?

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Nougat is from 2016. Unless your phone is exceptionally old, it can certainly run Nougat or a newer kernel.

Frankly I'm impressed they can support even that far back, Android has changed substantially in the last 5 years.

edit: I agree that they should have mentioned it somewhere just for politeness, but this really isn't "lmao get a new phone idiot," it's just that the older android versions are so different from modern ones that you can't support both at once (the same way no modern software supports Windows 2000 anymore).

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I mostly play(ed) HS on a Fire HD 10 7th gen, which as far as I can tell is forever stuck on Fire OS 5.

forty on
  • Options
    I don’t recall which Kindle Fire I’m using but Hearthstone is so goddamned slow on it that I stopped playing there anyway.

• Options
    I mean I've got a Samsung Galaxy A51 so I'm good, I just feel for the people affected by this

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    WowHobbs using his Lorewalker Cho tech to fuck up the Warlock Mecha'Thun OTK deck in Wild.

https://youtu.be/kUWehERGiGk

Between milling and long animation times from Cho/Keymaster, the Warlocks just get flustered and run out of time. :D

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I think I'm gonna try for triple Legend this month. Posting so that the shame of failure will motivate me through this incredibly stupid decision.

I still need Priest and DH wins so maybe Standard Deathrattle DH, Wild Odd DH, and just Classic Miracle Rogue because fuck playing Classic Priest.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    More classic priest for me ha!

That's how that works right?

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Some out of context, basically meaningless screenshots of Mercenaries mode, apparently:
    7dxwsevimb471.png?width=946&format=png&auto=webp&s=3ec0f76353447bdff7b011b04597fc5d09d258e0

• Options
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's always convenient when your combo video is also your decklist

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    WinklebottomWinklebottom Registered User regular
    I guess someone forgot blur exists.

• Options

Isn't that a Demon Hunter card? I don't think DH has the sheer amount of card draw and healing required to pull off a 1-turn OTK in this Brawl, unlike a Druid.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Isn't that a Demon Hunter card? I don't think DH has the sheer amount of card draw and healing required to pull off a 1-turn OTK in this Brawl, unlike a Druid.
    I actually got linked to this clip from a reddit thread of someone turn one killing with DH using Blur, card draw, and all the face attack spells (Blur means you don't need healing). It was barely enough.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Go first and kill them druid works if you are quick enough. First try so I'm done this week and won't be going back.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I just came to post that it's whoever goes second wins, because you don't have enough time in the first turn. So I guess I just suck, huh?

• Options
    The Judge wrote: »
    Amusingly, my last time on ladder a couple days ago, I played against two Secret Paladins and a Rogue.

• Options
    "We're nerfing Paladin pre-emptively because we expect them to be such a powerhouse with Wailing Caverns"

:rotate:

Maybe see how things play out first then make changes after, Blizzo.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    On the new Battlegrounds heroes front, shockingly (not), Guff, who approximately has pre-nerf Wagtoggle's power is performing extremely well so far, solidly in the lead for average placement. His 1st place rate isn't as high as some, but he's a very solid top 4. He's got the C'Thun curve but better.

Mutanus looks to be something like a top 5 or top 10 hero, which isn't a big surprise based on our expectations from his hero power (it looked pretty damn good!).

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Sometimes I can't understand the BG pairing algorithm. There are 7 players alive, I'm 6th and play against the 7th. After that round I'm 7th, so obviously I play against the first. Then I'm still 7th and play against the 3rd. Then I'm out and salty enough to come here to complain. I had never played against the dead guy in the whole round.

Grobian on
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    Sometimes I can't understand the BG pairing algorithm. There are 7 players alive, I'm 6th and play against the 7th. After that round I'm 7th, so obviously I play against the first. Then I'm still 7th and play against the 3rd. Then I'm out and salty enough to come here to complain. I had never played against the dead guy in the whole round.

Pretty sure the algorithm is Fuck You, Yes You, Specifically, And Only You.

• Options
    edited June 2021
    https://mobile.twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1403431995858849794

Stealer of Souls to be banned in Wild next week. Yes, banned not nerfed.

This is doubly funny because the deck is frankly kind of shit and really struggles against fast decks. I guess it passed whatever their lower limit is on how fast combo decks can be.

E: Dawson says that on rotation it will be unbanned and nerfed appropriately.

Yilias on
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    https://mobile.twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1403431995858849794

Stealer of Souls to be banned in Wild next week. Yes, banned not nerfed.

This is doubly funny because the deck is frankly kind of shit and really struggles against fast decks. I guess it passed whatever their lower limit is on how fast combo decks can be.
    That's never really been a major factor in if combo decks (or just just incredibly polarizing ones, like Un'Goro quest Rogue) get nerfed though. That decision usually gets made based on how much the deck is affecting the meta (if only a few people are playing it, no big deal) and a factor of how frequently/miserable/uninteractive it is to lose to the deck.

Even if it's meant to lose to fast decks, the fact that it can high roll and pop off for a turn 4/5 win (which even a hyper aggro deck is going to be hard pressed to be able to stop) with some regularity -- and is probably a miserable deck to face for less fast decks -- means this deck was probably ruining the Wild experience enough for a nerf.

The fact that they're doing it by just banning a brand new card from Wild ("Wild is wild!" lul) is fuckin' nuts though. I guess maybe that beats the usual thing where a card that's just OK in Standard gets totally gutted due to some Wild combo nonsense. That said, I'm sure there are ways it could have been nerfed that would have had essentially 0 impact on it in Standard, but I guess they just decided to go with the path of least resistance rather than put effort into re-coding the card.

• Options
    I was expecting a rules change where you can't pay life as a cost while immune. More so because it seems like a rules oversight than anything else.

• Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    I was expecting a rules change where you can't pay life as a cost while immune. More so because it seems like a rules oversight than anything else.

That sounds like a coding/text nightmare to change. Probably best to just ban it.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page