As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SHOTS SHOTS SHO SHO SHO SHOTS [EVERYBODY]

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    The vaccine is really good news, but I'm worried about how it'll affect urgency to take measures against covid in the very near term while supplies are heavily constrained.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Now I want to go to Costco and get a hot beef injection.

That’s what that means right? Eating a hot dog?

Come over and I'll explain.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    There’s going to be some really shitty takes.

From what I’ve read you’re going to get a little sick when you get the vaccine...so anti-vaxxers are going to jump all over it.

This is why imuno-compromised cancer patients are I believe not taking the vaccine at this time. None of the trials included cancer patients.

So basically we need as many people as possible to get the vaccine because we can't get it ourselves. Since you do show some symptoms, it means if I get the vaccine it's possible that I could pass it to my son.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Come over and I'll explain.

Ok but why do you want me to wear assless chaps?

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Are we allowed to do shots immediately after getting our shot, or is this against vaccine rules

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    To see how much they hurt.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yes, I’m aware chaps are always assless but I will call them assless chaps until my dying day.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    There’s going to be some really shitty takes.

From what I’ve read you’re going to get a little sick when you get the vaccine...so anti-vaxxers are going to jump all over it.

This is why imuno-compromised cancer patients are I believe not taking the vaccine at this time. None of the trials included cancer patients.

So basically we need as many people as possible to get the vaccine because we can't get it ourselves. Since you do show some symptoms, it means if I get the vaccine it's possible that I could pass it to my son.

(Hey, for any shitheads out there who have been bandying herd immunity around for months, this here is what it’s actually about)

sig.gif
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Are we allowed to do shots immediately after getting our shot, or is this against vaccine rules

This is important info and I hope we know soon.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »

i'm gonna guess no

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular

A costco dog does sound pretty good right about now.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Wait are Costco dogs all beef, some beef, or no beef

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Left beef

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    So only beef from the left part of the cow?

Or beef left in a dumpster

• Options
    They’re 100% BEAF

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Beef only from certified left-handed cows.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I hate getting shots more than anything in the world.

that said, as soon as I can get these two shots, I will be getting these two shots.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

No, the left side of the hotdog is beef, the right side is pork.

If you take a bite and you get the wrong flavour, that's because YOU'RE HOLDING THE HOTDOG THE WRONG WAY AROUND, DINGUS!!

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular

i'm gonna guess no

How dare you

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options

No, the left side of the hotdog is beef, the right side is pork.

If you take a bite and you get the wrong flavour, that's because YOU'RE HOLDING THE HOTDOG THE WRONG WAY AROUND, DINGUS!!

This is why I shop at BJs

• Options

i'm gonna guess no

How dare you

Cello shots

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    I wonder what the numbers are going to look like for people who actually get the second shot. 2 shots, 3-4 weeks apart, and you're going to feel pretty crummy after each one seems like a perfect setup for people to talk themselves out of the second dose

• Options
    When you get the second dose they give you a lolly and a sticker, so basically 100% compliance is expected.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Carpy wrote: »
    I wonder what the numbers are going to look like for people who actually get the second shot. 2 shots, 3-4 weeks apart, and you're going to feel pretty crummy after each one seems like a perfect setup for people to talk themselves out of the second dose

I read a story from someone who was in the 2nd stage of testing.

They were blinded, obviously, so they didn't know for sure if they got the shot or a placebo, but he and his wife had about 12 hours of mild fever and flu symptoms the day after the first shot and the 2nd shot just made them super tired but no other symptoms.

I know side effects hit everyone differently but this isn't even a live attenuated virus, it's just causing a generic "SOMETHINGS WRONG" immune response and it stands to reason the second dose would be way milder. Hopefully there's a lot of people saying the 2nd shot was easy.

Honestly though I think the best way to make people get the 2nd shot is setting them an appointment for it as they get their first. An auto billed cancellation fee if they miss it would help too

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    The best way to make sure people get the second shot is to put a bomb collar on their neck that can only be removed after the second shot is administered and if they don’t get the shot with 48 hours of the scheduled day it blows up.

FINE! bomb is too severe. Maybe it’s a collar that just makes them smell really bad.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Swedish government just said that everyone over 18 + everyone under 18 in a risk group will be offered the vaccine in the first half of 2021. Hopefully works out.

Worried that people will avoid it because there was a lot of media attention on the people who got narcolepsy from the swine flu vaccine a few years ago. Already have coworkers talking about how unsafe it must be since it was developed quickly. As if they have any frame of reference for vaccine development speed.

• Options
    "Hey, you already got one shot, so you might as well come back. What are we gonna do, put another 5G mind control chip in you?"

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    My insurance is odd, in that they don't cover flu shots at pharmacies. I have to go into a doctor's office. Last year, my job had a free flu clinic, but that ended. My husband's job has free flu shot appointments that we tried only once, because the process was so cumbersome. And the location was very far away.
    My usual default is the local urgent care center, but the wait there are very long due to covid testing.
    Getting to my real doctor is just difficult enough, what with actually having to go to work and staying home with my kids on remote schooling days. I did sign up for one free flu shot thing a local politician set up on a day I knew both of my kids would be in school. But then the mayor shut down the schools, and I had to stay home with the kids.
    I'm finally scheduled for this Thursday, as my kids will be in school and I don't have to go into work that day. Here's hoping I can actually go this time..

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options

i'm gonna guess no

How dare you

no shots for you! guess you gotta give yur booze to me ho ho ho!

• Options
    Man I need a shot

• Options
    Of anti-rona, I’m stuck in my office having to pee real bad but there’s a guy in my house trying to fix some carpeting in a different room and I’m keeping my air as far away from his air as possible

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Chall wrote: »
    "Hey, you already got one shot, so you might as well come back. What are we gonna do, put another 5G mind control chip in you?"

6G, bruh. 6G.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, 6 Gs? I didn't even realize Gs could go that high

Chall on
  • Options
    all the gs every one shot right up in there

• Options
    Ain’t many more Gs to go

https://youtu.be/RkP_OGDCLY0

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    So my Mom is posting borderling anti-vax stuff on her FB and I just cannot

Thankfully my brother and one of our uncles seem to be up for patiently educating her but I swear to fucking Jod she better get this fucking shot series

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I've already had the shit, plus I'm sorta youngish, and I'm an essential worker.

So chances are I will be at the very bottom of the list. Just in time for it to mutate and then I will catch Super Carona or something.

• Options
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I've already had the shit, plus I'm sorta youngish, and I'm an essential worker.

So chances are I will be at the very bottom of the list. Just in time for it to mutate and then I will catch Super Carona or something.

Maybe you'll get tentacles! Look at the bright side!

• Options
    New career as a prawn star

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    cb9fnj8xay12.png

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig