As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Genshin Impact] 2.1 Releases 9/1.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Okay, so, lvl 6 Hu Tao low hp Burst does 499%.
    x2 from vaporise/melt (are they both x2) is 998%.
    I'm not sure how elementary mastery or attack works into this. Potentially this could push it over 2000%? I haven't found any data or formula for how elementary mastery actually translates into damage on reactions. Does anyone know what it is?

Everything else, such as crit damage, bennet, mona, elemental shreds from vv, zhongli shield, Eula gets access to (superconduct is the physical shred equivalent from vv right? is that percentage too? If not then nevermind that). So her numbers are going to be pushed up by those too.

Where is my Eula 2000% number coming from?

Level 6 Eula Burst does a 512% base physical hit with the light sword goes off, plus 93.74% from each stack of 15 =1406%.

1406 + 512= 1918%

So elementary mastery and attack% affecting the vaporise/melt reaction has to be doing a hell of a lot of heavy lifting to hit 2 million with hu tao's burst, even with all the stacking of bennet, vv, mona, artifacts, crit damage etc in that combo, right?

Am I missing something in how that x2 works? Is it before or after everything else is applied?

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Damage

Melt and Vaporize bonuses do their multipliers towards the end of the stack, and well after the Elemental Mastery damage bonus. Only thing that really happens after them are straight up damage modifiers and enemy defense/resistance mods.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    If the EULA ult is phys, you also have to take into account the big boy mobs increased phys defense (~70%?). Which is what you usually bother to use the ult on.

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    It might be best to compare Eula's burst damage to someone like Beidou, who does big numbers without any reactions. Using level 6 for the same comparison as above, if you assume that you trigger 11 lightning attacks (10-12 is realistic), it adds up to about 1649% damage. Eula being able to compete with that is extremely good! Beidou will still win out against two or three enemies because of the way her burst works, but I'm sure Eula's got enough other things going for her to make her better overall.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Characters with Physical Resistance Shred to take note.

Razor: 15%. C4.
    Xinyan: 15%. C4
    Rosaria: 20%. C6
    Zhongli: 20%. Omni-shred (everything).
    Eula: 16-25% Physical + Cyro (depending on E level).

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Eula needs to do a lot of damage. Xinyan already can hit 75k+ on her ult as is without -that- much comboing or godrolling. There's no reason to pull for Eula if she can't do more or be better in some fashion.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Dont need healing?

Boy am I playing this game wrong/bad/very bad. I need healed alllll the time.

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Eula needs to do a lot of damage. Xinyan already can hit 75k+ on her ult as is without -that- much comboing or godrolling. There's no reason to pull for Eula if she can't do more or be better in some fashion.

I mean, I am going to pull for her because she looks cool.

• Options
    Reigner wrote: »
    Dont need healing?

Shields are a hell of a drug.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Dont need healing?

I'm just now finally building Diona. Can confirm, shields are glory.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I'm struggling to try to get the shields up with albedo against these 2 geovishaps. It's not really workign that well

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    I'm struggling to try to get the shields up with albedo against these 2 geovishaps. It's not really workign that well

Geo resonance shields aren't anywhere near as strong as geared Zhongli/Diona/Noelle/Beidou shields. They're a nice addition to cover the gaps, but not a primary.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Geo resonance shields aren't anywhere near as strong as geared Zhongli/Diona/Noelle/Beidou shields. They're a nice addition to cover the gaps, but not a primary.

Speaking from a lot of experience of having him on the team Albedo's great for mitigation over longer periods of time, but the actual-shield characters are way better at letting you faceroll.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

Speaking from a lot of experience of having him on the team Albedo's great for mitigation over longer periods of time, but the actual-shield characters are way better at letting you faceroll.

People love running with Albedo + Zhongli.

Too bad I don't have Albedo.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    I too would like infinite meteors but Albedo wasnt cute enough and I'd already used up my allowance of non cute characters.

I manage the discount version with Geo traveller or Ningguang.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular

I mainly use Albedo for the almost-free damage, the shields are a nice bonus on top of that. I do run the much maligned Qiqi as well in my usual team right now, I like being at full health after a battle and I'm way too clumsy to dodge everything. Though for Geovishaps in particular Qiqi gets benched and I bring Diona.

• Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    I've been running Noelle for most of my time playing. It has meant I have some bad habits of face-tanking in groups without her, and taking a lot of damage.

But as much as dps is king in this game, you just need to play in a way that is fun for you.

I always prefer to have some lifesteal on my dps, as my reactions suck and I have a hard time avoiding damage.

At the end of the day, optimized builds only matter if you are hitting a wall. And those mostly happen with very under geared/leveled characters or if you need a hard counter element.

Fatui are really bad with not taking any damage if you don't match their shield counter.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    Nought wrote: »
    Fatui are really bad with not taking any damage if you don't match their shield counter.

Fatui shield is basically +100% Resistance. If you have enough resistance shred in your party you can actually just straight up ignore most of it and still do really strong damage to them, cross element or no.

• Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Nought wrote: »

Fatui shield is basically +100% Resistance. If you have enough resistance shred in your party you can actually just straight up ignore most of it and still do really strong damage to them, cross element or no.

It's kinda embarrassing but I never actually looked that much into it, but that explains a lot about why it's easier sometime.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »

I mainly use Albedo for the almost-free damage, the shields are a nice bonus on top of that. I do run the much maligned Qiqi as well in my usual team right now, I like being at full health after a battle and I'm way too clumsy to dodge everything. Though for Geovishaps in particular Qiqi gets benched and I bring Diona.

Yeah, the damage is the point. The mitigation is helpful, it's just not on the same level as a dedicated shielder's would be.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular

PS5 native version confirmed for Spring. Enhanced Visuals, Faster Loading, Dual Sense support.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Dont need healing?

I see her name come up a lot in conversations how to build roflstomp teams. Also, I built up enough fate to do a roll, and got her and Razor. Literally raining cats and dogs. Character and weapon level ups are burning through a ridiculous amount of mora.

• Options
    Dont need healing?

I see her name come up a lot in conversations how to build roflstomp teams. Also, I built up enough fate to do a roll, and got her and Razor. Literally raining cats and dogs. Character and weapon level ups are burning through a ridiculous amount of mora.

It's the talents that really set mora on fire though. 450k for level 8->9! Ouch!

• Options
    Is there any benefit getting to world level 8? Other than enemies who hit you a bit harder and take that one extra swing to kill.

• Options
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Is there any benefit getting to world level 8? Other than enemies who hit you a bit harder and take that one extra swing to kill.

Guaranteed Gold artifact off of elemental world bosses. Much higher (but still shit) rates on the higher tier elemental gems.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    There's virtually never any reason to not be at your highest world level

The differences are gradual enough that it's not going to be a roadblock, and the world bosses are virtually all more about execution in a way that makes their level almost irrelevant (Oceanid and Geovishap are maybe the outliers)

• Options
    Amber and Razor are the monthly shop characters.

• Options
    Amber and Razor are the monthly shop characters.

That's the same lineup we started with, right? Wasn't expecting them to return quite yet.

• Options
    I'll finally get a C1 Amber!

• Options
    I'll finally get a C1 Amber!

I have one.

Was actually pretty helpful for the balloon-shooting events.

• Options
    Ganyu was really nice for balloon shooting. It felt like cheating.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

Kinda yeah

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I figured out that, for the monstadt weapons domain, it's faster to just ganyu everything than to fool around with any vape combos or even using bursts, really

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Bennet is very unlucky.

Dragonspine unlisted "quest" spoiler.
    We used him to turn on all the fires inside that room that is opened when you collected all the tablets.
    The one you get the greatsword from.

Anyway he nearly died during the little cutscene that shows you the wall paintings and then the sword in the middle of the room, because he was sitting on top of one of the fires while it played out....,

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

Kinda yeah

Eh, the consistent 100k crits I see from my wife's Zhongli tell me a few characters might be considered cheating. ;)

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    New month, new stardust rolls. Hey, C2 Keqing from the permanent banner. Don't mind if i do.

McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Monthly blue fates got me a C2 Ningguang on my main account. That's honestly incredible. Already have her at that on my other account and using her as a main dps over there, but here, I wanted her C2 just to use her as support for Noelle. As good as geo traveller is, her rocks are annoying to use, so the convenience factor of using Ningguang is huge.

I wonder if she should be built with a lot of energy recharge for that role? She swims in bursts naturally when she's the main damage dealer, but I'll be feeding all the orbs to Noelle now. Going to want that burst up as frequently as possible if only to explode a screen.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular

Kinda yeah

Eh, the consistent 100k crits I see from my wife's Zhongli tell me a few characters might be considered cheating. ;)

OK, I keep hitting my head against the wall trying to build my C1 Zhongli and nothing feels right.

Ive gone 4piece Bolide trying to get a good cup and everything sucks
    I've gone 2p Gladiator and 2p Bloodstained with a Phys Dam cup and everything sucks
    I've gone 2p Gladiator 2p Petra with a Geo Cup and everything sucks.

what am I missing

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options

Kinda yeah

OK, I keep hitting my head against the wall trying to build my C1 Zhongli and nothing feels right.

I've gone 2p Gladiator and 2p Bloodstained with a Phys Dam cup and everything sucks

what am I missing

Personally I like 2pc Petra 2pc Noblesse for him. 4pc Noblesse would also be fine. He's best in a role where you just swap him in to keep his shield up and drop meteors whenever possible, although I'm sure he can do fine with normal attacks with the right build.

More than worrying about the sets, just optimizing his stats is probably the most important thing. It takes a pretty specific mix of HP, Attack, Geo damage, and crit stats to really get big numbers on his abilities. Weapon choice probably goes a long way too. I don't want to look at what damage I'm getting out of his burst, because my build is extremely biased by Staff of Homa.

He's also one of the characters who benefits more than usual by being taken beyond level 80, since base HP and defense go up a lot more than attack in those last levels.

• Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular

Kinda yeah

what am I missing

Personally I like 2pc Petra 2pc Noblesse for him. 4pc Noblesse would also be fine. He's best in a role where you just swap him in to keep his shield up and drop meteors whenever possible, although I'm sure he can do fine with normal attacks with the right build.

More than worrying about the sets, just optimizing his stats is probably the most important thing. It takes a pretty specific mix of HP, Attack, Geo damage, and crit stats to really get big numbers on his abilities. Weapon choice probably goes a long way too. I don't want to look at what damage I'm getting out of his burst, because my build is extremely biased by Staff of Homa.

He's also one of the characters who benefits more than usual by being taken beyond level 80, since base HP and defense go up a lot more than attack in those last levels.

Yeah, I run 2 pc petra, 2 pc noblesse with a geo cup, hp sands, and crit rate hat. Staff of Homa as well, but there are a lot of weapon options that are decent. Shields and meteors are where its at!

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822