As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Genshin Impact] 2.1 Releases 9/1.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    My hot opinion: Don't gear him at all until the new artifact sets drop

Tenacity of the Millelith is basically specifically designed for him

If you have the pieces lying around though, 4pc Noblesse is my choice

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    So, if someone were to be sitting on 55+ rolling spheres, if they didn't have Ganyu/hu tao/zongli, would it be worth rolling the new character, or nah?

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    So, if someone were to be sitting on 55+ rolling spheres, if they didn't have Ganyu/hu tao/zongli, would it be worth rolling the new character, or nah?

Any 5* is going to be Good, but I would base rolling decisions on what 4* characters are on the banner.

Assume you won’t get the 5* (unless you have 90 fates), but you WILL get the 4* to various constellation levels.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    My hot opinion: Don't gear him at all until the new artifact sets drop

Tenacity of the Millelith is basically specifically designed for him

If you have the pieces lying around though, 4pc Noblesse is my choice

Does the pulse trigger the 4piece?

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Zhongli is very good as a straight carry with crescent spear.
    I just have 4 piece gladiator on him and he rocks faces.
    Thinking of trying 2x 25% physical pieces when the new sets drop but this will do for now.

There are technically better sets for specific things like dropping meteors or whatever but he's our main carry and this is no screwing around. (Phys damage goblet)

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I'm sitting on almost 30 of the good wishes, which is strange and unfamiliar. The rider characters on Venti's banner are just not ones I want more constellations for.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    So I had been working on my Noelle recently anyway (took her to level 90, been increasing her talents) but I hadn't used her for anything relevant since then. Getting C2 Ningguang yesterday made me try her again, and uh, wow. This is one of my best teams now. At least against single targets, since Beidou and Xiao can be a bit absurd against groups of enemies, but Noelle's not bad there either.

Kinda wish I had a favonius codex for Ningguang, but it's not a big deal. Certainly not having any trouble keeping Noelle's burst going on rotation with Xiangling and Fischl around, but it's going to be a bit sketchier when those two are inevitably busy on my other abyss team.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    I'm sitting on almost 30 of the good wishes, which is strange and unfamiliar. The rider characters on Venti's banner are just not ones I want more constellations for.

I can't roll on anything that has sucrose in the list. I will get 10 sucrose and nothing else. I will wait until the banner rotates.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021

I can't roll on anything that has sucrose in the list. I will get 10 sucrose and nothing else. I will wait until the banner rotates.

So you are the guy who is getting all my Sucroses. I've tried to get her from like three different banners and I still haven't got her at all.

ETA: So there's a new arena thingy, didn't realize it's going live today. Very straightforward stuff: murder hilichurls, get rewards. A bit easier than I expected but maybe the later arena fights will be harder.

Mirkel on
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    The combat arena is great so far, I just wish they would open up more stuff at the outset instead of one fight.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    cursedking wrote: »
    The combat arena is great so far, I just wish they would open up more stuff at the outset instead of one fight.

Slow trickle of new content is what they always do. Gotta keep people logging on every day instead of being able to binge in one go.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »

So you are the guy who is getting all my Sucroses. I've tried to get her from like three different banners and I still haven't got her at all.

ETA: So there's a new arena thingy, didn't realize it's going live today. Very straightforward stuff: murder hilichurls, get rewards. A bit easier than I expected but maybe the later arena fights will be harder.

I stole 4 of yours as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »

I have several and about all the Noelles I'll ever need.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    The arena thing is very... Venti-bait again.

Which I guess is fair since they just ran a Venti banner.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Goddammit. My Venti banner pity ended up being Qiqi c2 and I don't have any other of the standard banner 5* characters yet. Now I'm slightly mad and sad at the same time.

Daaaaaaamn. The tiny, tiny silver lining is that that was 75th wish and not 90th but still pretty cruel bad luck.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Goddammit. My Venti banner pity ended up being Qiqi c2 and I don't have any other of the standard banner 5* characters yet. Now I'm slightly mad and sad at the same time.

Daaaaaaamn. The tiny, tiny silver lining is that that was 75th wish and not 90th but still pretty cruel bad luck.

Look on the bright side. Your next is guaranteed on-banner.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    McMoogle wrote: »

I hereby grant you every future sucrose I might ever get. I don't need anymore, she's c15 for me now.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    You'd think today's Contending Tides would be a good chance to satisfy the Electro-Charged triumph for Elemental Mastery, but I'm not sure Electro-Charge can actually kill anything before you would kill something otherwise.

• Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Ugh, I want Rosaria but the next banner suuuucks for me. No interest in Childe and I already have c6 Barbara and Fischl. I’m nowhere near pity so I feel like I can do a couple ten pulls but there’s a high likelihood I walk away with nothing. Bleh, may just be better to wait til she rolls around again. I’ll probably wait for the test run and see if I actually like how she plays before deciding.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'll skip too. I really like cryo characters, but everything else is just a bad pull for me, so the odds are terrible.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    *sigh* I have c6 barb, so it's likely if I did a 10 pull, I'd get 4 Barb

• Options
    *sigh* I have c6 barb, so it's likely if I did a 10 pull, I'd get 4 Barb

20 masterless starglitter for 10 wishes and 10 closer to next 5* pity? I'd take it.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I thought about pulling on Rosaria depending on the banner. But then I figured I might as well stockpile, since she'll obviously show up again. I also don't really give a hoot about Childe, so that helps. And honstly, I don't need her and wouldn't even use her.. Unless extensive testing shows that she is literally, figuratively, and metaphorically... "the tits". Like "say hello to the game's new 7 star character who outperforms everybody!"

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Uh, is the peculiar domain thing supposed to be like...actually impossible solo?

At a certain point the Geovishaps just decide to start spamming together, dodging becomes impossible, and I literally cannot do anything at all until all my characters are dead.

Kamar on
  • Options
    They respond very negatively to shields. I didn't have very much trouble. Team was Razor, Zhongli, QiQi, Fischl.

• Options
    cursedking wrote: »
    They respond very negatively to shields. I didn't have very much trouble. Team was Razor, Zhongli, QiQi, Fischl.

Albedo / Beidou / Bennett / Diluc worked the several times I was in there also. Not getting the bomb room helps.

Hopefully the Geovishaps stay the only shield-mandatory stuff for a while.

• Options
    Geovishaps are pretty brutal when they aren't alone, and this is the third time the game has thrown two of them at us. Shields help a lot (especially here because of one of the buffs the game gives you), but my best advice is honestly just to kill at least one of them quickly. They get a lot more dangerous once they get an element, so you don't want it to take too much longer than that to kill one of them. Note that they resist physical and geo damage, but the likes of Noelle and obviously Zhongli can still be really good.

I used Noelle/Fischl/Ningguang/Xiangling and it was fine, and I know from Abyss 12 that my Beidou, Xiao, or Ganyu teams can also deal with them.

• Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Haha today’s contending tides is made for Xiao. Plunging damage affects the entire arena? And an air current? I almost feel bad for the hillichurls.

That said, wasn’t contending tides supposed to give the oceanid pet? I don’t see it on the rewards list so maybe I got the event name wrong?

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    eMoander wrote: »
    Haha today’s contending tides is made for Xiao. Plunging damage affects the entire arena? And an air current? I almost feel bad for the hillichurls.

That said, wasn’t contending tides supposed to give the oceanid pet? I don’t see it on the rewards list so maybe I got the event name wrong?

Either the conclusion of Contending Tides will be a special version of the Oceanid fight and grant the Pet, or we're just waiting on the concluding portion of 1.4 that contains a Story Quest + New Abyss Boss and whatever grants the Pet.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    This was first arena that gave me any trouble. Problem is that if you let the Ruin Guards start twirling you lose so much time it is basically over, at least with my meh dps setup. Ended up going over the edge too which made me slightly less mad at myself for missing the fifth kill by a few seconds only.

The three-kill challenge was still totally trivial though.

Mirkel on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Ya wanna know how we beat this one on extreme?

Diona burst + spamming healbot barb attacks.

Suck it all ya deepsers. Healer team a go go.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Zhongli's shield is a hell of a drug man. You don't need healing if you never take any damage. :)

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I pulled ganyu in from the reserves and switched in bennet for qiqi to make up for the physical resistance they have. Took me two tries with the new team but the second one went very very well and completed the challenge with like 45 seconds left on Extreme.

• Options
    I haven't had any trouble with any of the arena challenges yet, but I feel like I just happen to have all the best tools to deal with them. Venti, Xiao, and Ganyu have trivialized some of the fights, and my secondary account just shreds everything with Ningguang/Zhongli because that combo doesn't care about anything.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    I haven't had any trouble with any of the arena challenges yet, but I feel like I just happen to have all the best tools to deal with them. Venti, Xiao, and Ganyu have trivialized some of the fights, and my secondary account just shreds everything with Ningguang/Zhongli because that combo doesn't care about anything.

I have, effectively, none of those except my shiny new support Venti, and my traditional Diluc / Bennett / Xingqiu or Albedo / Utility Slot approach hasn't been an issue yet.

We'll see how today's goes.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    I may have namedropped a bunch of busted 5*s, but I'm sure there's plenty of other setups that could really abuse today's challenge. Beidou probably destroys it. I'd be interested in seeing what Chongyun could do with repeated freezings, or a permafreeze Kaeya team.

• Options
    My team was Kaeya/Xingqiu/Chongyun/Fischl. I beat it in 30 secs. Probably could have been quicker, but I actually had to wait for more robots to spawn.

• Options
    I guess I just suck, then. :(

• Options
    In case you haven't noticed the text blurb saying it, every arena battle has a special bonus effect. For this ruin guard one, freezing and attacking frozen enemies will do additional shockwave damage. So you can try that and it might be the edge you need.

• Options
    In case you haven't noticed the text blurb saying it, every arena battle has a special bonus effect. For this ruin guard one, freezing and attacking frozen enemies will do additional shockwave damage. So you can try that and it might be the edge you need.

I noticed it and tried to utilize it, but I don't really have a good freezing team set up. I did far better with just Xiao jumping up and down, just not quite well enough.