As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Genshin Impact] 2.1 Releases 9/1.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Grislo wrote: »
    Do we know if they're changing the BP weapons this go? It'd make sense, kind of, after 5 rounds, but of course not everyone focuses on one weapon only, so it makes sense to keep going with the same stuff, too.

I feel like they would have announced any new BP weapons by now.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Do we know if they're changing the BP weapons this go? It'd make sense, kind of, after 5 rounds, but of course not everyone focuses on one weapon only, so it makes sense to keep going with the same stuff, too.

Probably not, there's no leaks talking about new BP weapons at least. Even if you are buying the BP every time you still could get a dozen BPs to R5 different weapons or even getting the same weapons several times for different characters.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

I hope they keep them as they're pretty much all great and I have a R2, R2, and R1 at this point and would like at least 3 R2s.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind an excuse to not get the battlepass for once, even though the weapons haven't been my prime reasoning for buying it for a while.

On the Zhongli banner talk, I'll definitely be rolling. I retired my secondary account a while back since he was really the only thing on it that I cared about that I didn't have on my main account, so I'm really hoping to pick him up and be good to go for the foreseeable future. My next 5* is guaranteed to be on-banner, but I don't think I have enough rolls saved up to hit pity. We'll see.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Time-wise and backlog-wise, I really can't afford to dip into this right now. But the PS5 release is going to be damn tempting, I'll tell you that. Excited to see how good it looks and how well it runs (but a little worried about experiencing its amazing art and then going back to FFXIV's dated visuals).

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Noelle and Diona as the other 4* on the banner. I had heard a rumor for Ning, but I will take Noelle. Time to c6 both of them, let’s gooooooo

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Don't forget you'll get a free Diona from a quest in 1.5.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Real shame that Noelle's on there since I already have her at C6, but I'd like to get more of Diona. Been using her a lot lately. Although I suppose that demand might go down if I get Zhongli...

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Don't forget you'll get a free Diona from a quest in 1.5.

That'll be my c6 so I guess I'll get nothing but Dionas from ZL banner. She's only my second c6 and so far I've never gotten "wasted" (c7+) pulls but I'm sure that'll change.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    What happens if you've fully constallation'd a servant and then pull another one? Just Zhong Li standing there looking awkward at your fully buffed one?

• Options
    What happens if you've fully constallation'd a servant and then pull another one? Just Zhong Li standing there looking awkward at your fully buffed one?

You get 5 starglitter instead of 2 for 4* or 25 instead of 10 for a 5*.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

You curse a little bit more.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »

You curse a little bit more.

I don't know about you, but I curse a LOT when this happens.

It basically killed my drive to play for a while.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    If you are so inclined, the game is now up.

• Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    ok, so as I said I had exactly 120 pulls planned, at basically zero pity and on the 50/50 with the hopeful goal of getting two more copies of Zhongli to transform my c2 to a c4. At the 7th 10-pull, I got a Keqing (for c2). Disheartened, I went ahead and kept going. On pull 12, my last shot, the following happened:
    sdcemwe1xfqp.png
    and there was much rejoicing!
    Also got Diona and Noelle to c6 and a c2 Yan Fei. That'll do, game.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    I have to admit I'm more than a bit envious, but then again I wasn't really expecting much with my 34 wishes. Got Yanfei right away but other than that it's the usual gacha crap: a total of 1 Yanfei, 2 Dionas (c6, c7), 1 Noelle (c5) and 1 Flute. One 4* per ~7 wishes is pretty average I suppose.

• Options
    Think I have Noelle at C12 now?

Zero Yanfei. Boooo.

• Options
    Whole bunch of Noelles. Oh well, there's still time.

I'm kinda in disbelief about the new domain. What is their obsession with this double-geovishap encounter? Geovishaps are still relatively new, and yet this is the fourth time they've made us fight this exact fight. Surely you could pair them with literally anything else? I mean, Beidou absolutely annihilates them, so it's fine. But still.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    The teapot home seems like it has potential for infinite grinding. 14 hours of waiting just to create one thing when you have an empty mansion and (in my case) a huge empty island waiting for about a thousand items to fill it. It's a bit like if you were playing Sims but only were allowed to add one piece of furniture every 14 hours of real time. Feels mostly just daunting instead of inviting. Not sure if they really hit the mark with this, game design-wise.

ETA: Also getting wood is fairly ridiculous. You hit a big tree (but not too big, the huge trees don't drop wood) and these tiny logs the size of a coffee cup fly out. I didn't even see them at first.

Mirkel on
  • Options
    TravanTravan Registered User regular
    I’m dead. These teeny flying logs have killed me

Gamertag- Travan7838

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    How do you update to the new ps5 client?
    Is it automatic?

NVM Figured it out

edit: ps5 specific edition is kinda ass. frame drops all over the place. feels sluggish. feels significantly worse than ps4 playing on ps5. doesn't look significantly better, not worth it for the drops and performance issues.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Travan wrote: »
    I’m dead. These teeny flying logs have killed me

I've been playing Valheim - the contrast is both stark and hilarious.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Haven't been playing for awhile, but heard Zhong Li was back. My last 10 pull was for Hu Tao.

My first 10 pull this time around got me a QiQi and a Noelle (yay C10 Noelle at this point / shoot me). Second 10 pull? Zhong Li.

Closed app, back to Destiny lol.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Early heads-up about Yanfei, seems like her pyro application is really fast, so she can't just easily Vaporize her attacks the same way the other pyro dps characters can with Xingqiu support. That's not to say that it's not viable, but it might take a little more help from other characters and being careful about your attacks. On the other hand, since she applies pyro so quickly, she works very well to enable your burst support characters. Like, in the same way that people use Childe to attack so that all of Xiangling's abilities will Vaporize, you could use Yanfei to enable Kaeya and Rosaria's abilities to Melt.

No idea how strong she is in general yet, but I expect it won't be long until some maths are available.

• Options
    GarickGarick Registered User regular
    Well, used all my primogems I'd saved since Xiao was released and got... 1 Yanfei and a whole bunch of purple weapons. gg genshin, gg.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Early heads-up about Yanfei, seems like her pyro application is really fast, so she can't just easily Vaporize her attacks the same way the other pyro dps characters can with Xingqiu support. That's not to say that it's not viable, but it might take a little more help from other characters and being careful about your attacks. On the other hand, since she applies pyro so quickly, she works very well to enable your burst support characters. Like, in the same way that people use Childe to attack so that all of Xiangling's abilities will Vaporize, you could use Yanfei to enable Kaeya and Rosaria's abilities to Melt.

No idea how strong she is in general yet, but I expect it won't be long until some maths are available.

She seems designed as a safe contributor to co-op, primarily, but the damage appeared to be there during the trial.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Grabbed a Yanfei and C3 Noelle on my 10 pull. That'll play just fine as i needed a fire caster, but i demand to know immediately if she's OP and if the answer is "no" then I don't wanna know.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edit: ps5 specific edition is kinda ass. frame drops all over the place. feels sluggish. feels significantly worse than ps4 playing on ps5. doesn't look significantly better, not worth it for the drops and performance issues.

Yeah, seems like it could have used a bit more time in the oven. It's like, sure, loading times are almost instantaneous, but that doesn't do much good if the environments aren't loading in just as quick as the player character.

Tangentially, sure would be nice if the Shield Crystals generated during the Azdaha fight didn't spawn directly beneath him and thus made inaccessible by his girthy hitbox.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »

Yeah, seems like it could have used a bit more time in the oven. It's like, sure, loading times are almost instantaneous, but that doesn't do much good if the environments aren't loading in just as quick as the player character.

Tangentially, sure would be nice if the Shield Crystals generated during the Azdaha fight didn't spawn directly beneath him and thus made inaccessible by his girthy hitbox.

Sucks the PS5 native version isn’t sounding great atm. I uninstalled the PS4 version when I installed this one.

• Options

It's frequently an issue on Primo G as well. They're setting themselves up to need to rework Crystallize substantially at this rate.

• Options
    I had enough primos left this morning too do another ten pull. Zhongli and 2x Yanfei. Hooray!

She's 81 now. I don't know how to build a team with her yet, but I'm puzzling through it. She seems really great though, had a blast just trying her out for a while!

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular

Sucks the PS5 native version isn’t sounding great atm. I uninstalled the PS4 version when I installed this one.

I personally haven't noticed or felt any significant frame drops or anything. But it does feel like pop-in has become much worse, because you're likely loading in that fast.

The loading is great and all, but honestly we're kind of pushing up against diminishing returns here. Loading on the PS4 version was never longer than 7 seconds. A time I would consider perfectly acceptable. The PS5 version loads everything in 3 seconds. Which hey, 4 whole seconds saved! It's a luxury at this point though. I would say the perfect loading time is long enough to grab a beverage off a side table, take a sip, and return the glass.

Barring some major issue that crops up, I'll probably stick with the PS5 version.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I guess there's a "get your friend who left to play GI again" thing, It doesn't seem likely anyone I know would get back into it, though.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    Azdaha update:

I was already getting pretty annoyed about how inconsistent Albedo tends to be bosses, but to hit a mandatory-shields one of that magnitude who constantly scrapes the flower and pushes me out of Bennet's ultimate is a real feel-bad moment.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    eMoander wrote: »
    ok, so as I said I had exactly 120 pulls planned, at basically zero pity and on the 50/50 with the hopeful goal of getting two more copies of Zhongli to transform my c2 to a c4. At the 7th 10-pull, I got a Keqing (for c2). Disheartened, I went ahead and kept going. On pull 12, my last shot, the following happened:
    sdcemwe1xfqp.png
    and there was much rejoicing!
    Also got Diona and Noelle to c6 and a c2 Yan Fei. That'll do, game.

I finally reached enough wishes to get my first pity pull.

sIoippT.jpg

This is fine.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    I accidentally miscalculated my pity pull and it triggered for the normal banner. D'oh...

Bright side, it gave me the Jade Serpent polearm.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    411Randle wrote: »
    I accidentally miscalculated my pity pull and it triggered for the normal banner. D'oh...

Bright side, it gave me the Jade Serpent polearm.

Pity is separate for each banner, and you can't calculate it super accurately anyway since it's like an incremental increase in your odds (with a sharp boost at ~70 pulls until it hits 100% at 90 for that banner).

Kamar on
  • Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    I don't have the graph handy, but someone mathed it out and it's around pull 75 or 76 that the chance for a 5* shoots way up before falling back down until you hit the guaranteed pull.

Pulled Zhongli off the banner and tried the new Artifact domain even though my characters are only 40/41 and the recommended level is 59, but Zhongli's shield (any at-will shield, I guess) completely trivialise it.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Azdaha update:

I was already getting pretty annoyed about how inconsistent Albedo tends to be bosses, but to hit a mandatory-shields one of that magnitude who constantly scrapes the flower and pushes me out of Bennet's ultimate is a real feel-bad moment.

I just accept that Albedo does nothing on any boss, as sad as it makes me.

• Options
    Good news everyone!

5qvdpre42sum.jpg

The threat of the forests has been quelled!