As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Genshin Impact] 2.1 Releases 9/1.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Good news everyone!

5qvdpre42sum.jpg

The threat of the forests has been quelled!

The dwarves thank you for your courage, hero.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Ok, this new domain is really annoying me. Does anyone have any tips for fighting Geovishaps? Right now I'm just kinda facetanking it and hoping for the best, but I'm having to hop over to the pillars to heal like every other run. Albedo's shields are too transitory to really matter, if I could even find the crystals in the mess that these thicc bois are making in the first place. Noelle is at c6, but won't be geared for probably another few months, and the entire point of grinding this is to gear up zhongli in the first place

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I bet you. With default shields. Zhongli could still do decently.
    Throw some random hp artifacts on him.

I have a full on dps Zhongli and he tanks like a mofo when he has no right to.

Like the point of that set is that it makes support Zhongli absurdly overpowered.

The reason it makes him absurdly overpowered is because his shield is already "wtf how is this so good?" without that set.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Hellbore wrote: »
    I don't have the graph handy, but someone mathed it out and it's around pull 75 or 76 that the chance for a 5* shoots way up before falling back down until you hit the guaranteed pull.
    It doesn't actually fall back down. That's an effect of people being more likely to get their pity in the 70s, thus being less likely to get it in the 80s, but the increased chance is still active.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Ok, this new domain is really annoying me. Does anyone have any tips for fighting Geovishaps? Right now I'm just kinda facetanking it and hoping for the best, but I'm having to hop over to the pillars to heal like every other run. Albedo's shields are too transitory to really matter, if I could even find the crystals in the mess that these thicc bois are making in the first place. Noelle is at c6, but won't be geared for probably another few months, and the entire point of grinding this is to gear up zhongli in the first place

Noelle absolutely does the job, but keep in mind that they have some resistance to geo and physical damage, so you might have an easier time with other elements.

I used to struggle with this fight, too, in Abyss 12-1. My best advice is to do as much damage as possible before they charge up. Geovishaps are absolutely brutal once they're attuned to elements, so you really don't want two of them to still be healthy at that point. Things like Beidou's and Xiangling's bursts can really rip them apart. They can also be frozen, too, so permafreeze strategies involving Kaeya/Xingqiu or Ganyu/Mona can be effective too.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular

Here is me clearing it with a Razor/Zhongli team. I think if you had much gear at all for Zhongli, you could shield and rip them up. Also, I didn't realize OBS was capturing my mic on this but then I didn't want to do it again SO you can hear my really cool breathing.

https://youtu.be/BJvvbbLPD5Q

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I'd been screwing around with Xinyan, and Zhongli/Albedo/Bennett as supports just for fun before the patch, so I just kept that team and have run it maybe 10 times or so, which has been fine.

Just a very basic punch it until it dies approach, takes a minute and 10 maybe? But that's a very shield-y setup, of course.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Wee. Spent this morning setting up an okay looking teapot with how few furnishings I can get so far.

EDIT: Make sure you go into the top right and let people visit your teapot when you're offline. The option is on the Map Screen when you're inside the teapot. Visiting others' teapots on the weekend is how you'll meet the traveling salesman on the weekends.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I’ve been doing the new domain with randos in coop. I bring Albedo, Ganyu has been a popular choice, as well as Zhongli.

Haven’t failed it yet.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Quick advice for the teapot: Spend those flasks that instantly complete building and just make every new item you can. Don't try to save them and wait out the fucking ridiculous 12h+ timer. You get more when you rank up, and you can buy 5 a day for a fairly cheap price. You can rank up instantly to rank 3, getting more blueprints that you can put down to build up your town energy and earn more coins. There's an engine here that takes a while to be productive, but you'll never start it if you wait out the damn building timers at the start.

It's hilarious this system even exists, but at the same time I'm not the least bit surprised at this point. Gatcha gotta gatcha.

Since there's now a tangible reason to have a friends list, might as well plonk mine down and start adding everybody as well. :) I assume it's the UID number in the corner of the screen? 603168926

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Quick advice for the teapot: Spend those flasks that instantly complete building and just make every new item you can.

Specifically, favor the items that grant you more points. Some items give you 60 and others 30, use flasks to build those 60 point items. If you can't see the point value it might hide behind the "NEW" indicator.

Mirkel on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Which is why I'm waiting to see what sort of items the travelling merchant has on the weekend, since they might be orange quality.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    This is pretty much Animal Crossing, right?

Because I am very much enjoying Genshin Crossing so far.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    I just facetank it with reactive healing. Here's a quick one off run.

https://youtu.be/bcvDLvvt6-Q

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    So having gotten Zhong Li once, I really wanted to get him to C2 and share his shielding fun with everyone, so I figured, 'why not spend some primogens?'

2x 10 pulls later, I have a Favonius Greatsword and 3x more Dionas.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Wee. Spent this morning setting up an okay looking teapot with how few furnishings I can get so far.

EDIT: Make sure you go into the top right and let people visit your teapot when you're offline. The option is on the Map Screen when you're inside the teapot. Visiting others' teapots on the weekend is how you'll meet the traveling salesman on the weekends.

Is this the "allow direct join" option? Or should I be looking somewhere else?

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    VanderbrentVanderbrent Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

I actually find fighting the bigger geovishaps easier than the small ones. I use shield characters (eg. zhongli, xinyan etc.) and power through them with a superconduct razor team, they usually die pretty fast. The small ones that dig into the ground are super annoying to me.

Also feel free to add me on PC, my UID is 602178754.

Vanderbrent on
  • Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »

Is this the "allow direct join" option? Or should I be looking somewhere else?

That is it.

Also Teapot joining is a separate system from World Coop since only friends can even try to Join a Teapot.

• Options
    Oh thank god, I got Yanfei. It was starting to look bad, after I literally got three Noelles and two weapons. I should probably make it to pity for Zhongli before the banner goes away, but there was never a guarantee of getting her. Wanted to keep up on having all of the 4* characters.

Would be nice to get another copy on the road to Zhongli, but I don't think I care about her constellations that much. The first few definitely aren't bad, but they don't look particularly important to me.

• Options
    Oh thank god, I got Yanfei. It was starting to look bad, after I literally got three Noelles and two weapons. I should probably make it to pity for Zhongli before the banner goes away, but there was never a guarantee of getting her. Wanted to keep up on having all of the 4* characters.

Would be nice to get another copy on the road to Zhongli, but I don't think I care about her constellations that much. The first few definitely aren't bad, but they don't look particularly important to me.

The first constellation is pretty decent, but otherwise the rest don't feel huge until C6. Like.. a kinda ok shield is fine I guess, but increasing damage below 50%? I mean, that's fine I guess, but not that big a deal.

In related news, I know overload is cancer for melee characters, but Fischl/Yanfei are a ton of fun together. Just throwing monsters around constantly, and Yanfei attacks so fast that she just keeps connecting. It's hilarious.

• Options

The first constellation is pretty decent, but otherwise the rest don't feel huge until C6. Like.. a kinda ok shield is fine I guess, but increasing damage below 50%? I mean, that's fine I guess, but not that big a deal.

In related news, I know overload is cancer for melee characters, but Fischl/Yanfei are a ton of fun together. Just throwing monsters around constantly, and Yanfei attacks so fast that she just keeps connecting. It's hilarious.

Yanfei is fantastic at enabling reactions for support characters. Mihoyo made a statement that they're testing out buffs for the reactions besides Vaporize and Melt, so an Overload team with Yanfei/Fischl/Beidou might be great down the road.

• Options
    I feel like Yanfei would have to get too close with Beidou. Her disadvantage is that she is very squishy. I think mine has just over 15k HP. All of the catalyst users seem pretty weak, but she is particularly rough. A shield character is probably most important. I'll probably run her with Diona/Jean (the latter for emergency heals) for now until I can get Zhongli leveled up.

She is a ton of fun though. Just so damn fast!

• Options
    I feel like Yanfei would have to get too close with Beidou. Her disadvantage is that she is very squishy. I think mine has just over 15k HP. All of the catalyst users seem pretty weak, but she is particularly rough. A shield character is probably most important. I'll probably run her with Diona/Jean (the latter for emergency heals) for now until I can get Zhongli leveled up.

She is a ton of fun though. Just so damn fast!

Beidou provides a shield with her C1, and having her on a team can stop a lot of damage just by swapping to her to use her E. But yeah, I think the last spot on the team would have to be someone like Bennett/Zhongli/Jean in order for her to stay alive.

For now, I'm more interested in putting her on a team with Rosaria and Kaeya to amp the damage of their bursts. Maybe Ganyu instead of Kaeya, but the problem with using Ganyu as a burst support is that you always wonder if you'd be better off not swapping back.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Yanfei's shield constellation is for people using her as main deeps. When she does her burst she wants to stay on the field for at least 15 seconds until the buff from her burst runs out. The shield helps smooth that out.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    The new weekly boss was a fucker until I realized I could just stand on the opposite end of the arena and still drop bombs on him...then he became a lot less frightening.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Energy Amplifier event started and I did the first stage but destroying the mutator stone didn't seem to do anything. I was still hitting for 10% of normal damage and getting hit for 2x damage even after I broke the stone and the black-red buff aura vanished from the mobs.

ETA: Looks like the buff just has a long invisible duration, like 1 minute. So after you break the stone and take a break the enemies will be easy again.

Mirkel on
  • Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Can anyone else buy things from other people's teapot vendors? I tried dropping into a lot of other worlds and all of them say to wait for 18 hours. Maybe its a control to make sure no one buys out someone else's vendor before they get a chance to to buy it themselves.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    eMoander wrote: »
    Can anyone else buy things from other people's teapot vendors? I tried dropping into a lot of other worlds and all of them say to wait for 18 hours. Maybe its a control to make sure no one buys out someone else's vendor before they get a chance to to buy it themselves.

I remember seeing that the time window to buy stuff from your own visiting vendor was larger than the time window to buy stuff in somebody else's teapot.

What did you see on your vendor btw? Mine had a boar, a dog and three different types of those stackable lego stones.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »

I remember seeing that the time window to buy stuff from your own visiting vendor was larger than the time window to buy stuff in somebody else's teapot.

What did you see on your vendor btw? Mine had a boar, a dog and three different types of those stackable lego stones.

From what I've heard, people have datamined the vendor, and he only sells pets and stones. And the items really are limited and don't change for friends. If somebody comes into your world and buys him out, then there's nothing for you. That's why there's the weird 24 hour window, so you can buy what you want first.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Energy Amplifier event started and I did the first stage but destroying the mutator stone didn't seem to do anything. I was still hitting for 10% of normal damage and getting hit for 2x damage even after I broke the stone and the black-red buff aura vanished from the mobs.

ETA: Looks like the buff just has a long invisible duration, like 1 minute. So after you break the stone and take a break the enemies will be easy again.

As per the in-game notices, it's actually just a bug that sometimes breaking the stone(s) doesn't do anything.

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »

As per the in-game notices, it's actually just a bug that sometimes breaking the stone(s) doesn't do anything.

Huh. I got that bug (almost) every time. Going away and returning later did seem to clear the bug, the stones don't respawn.

In related news I'm sick and tired of killing various geovishaps by now. The event domain has them, the twisted event domain has nothing but them, Yanfei needs the smaller geovishap boss mats to ascend and now there's a bigger geovishap boss also. Think I spent an hour killing mostly different variants in a row today.

• Options

From what I've heard, people have datamined the vendor, and he only sells pets and stones. And the items really are limited and don't change for friends. If somebody comes into your world and buys him out, then there's nothing for you. That's why there's the weird 24 hour window, so you can buy what you want first.

Yeah I ended up checking the list for all the possible things after I asked. Looks like the list has cranes, those would be nice to have. Quite annoyed that both level 3 and 4 absolutely require buying stuff in somebody else's teapot. I don't know anybody playing on EU servers and I really don't want to go around begging random people to be able to visit their homes.

• Options
    The domain challenge is a motherfucker at max risk, sheesh. Well, the amplifier bonuses don't really help most of what I like to do so I'm not getting much help there.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Got my Yanfei to a point where I can actually use her to kill things and I'm really liking it so far. I'm slow to learn new character attack patterns but at least hers is fairly simple. Just mash E and Q and hit charged attack every time she has 3 sigils, otherwise fling small fireballs. Ning's old Favonius Codex is probably far from ideal for her but it was lvl 90 and I really didn't need another thing to level up so it'll have to do for a while.

Nice to have a new pyro, I don't have any 5* pyros so my Xiangling is one of my three level 10 friends because I used to always bring her everywhere to burn things that needed burning.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    So, I did end up getting a five-star from the Zhong Li banner.

QiQi.

CURSE YOU!!!

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    the housing thing is interesting. I do need to get some co-op going for this twisted domain. I don't see why they decided to not have matchmaking in it up front. Why make that hard?

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    The monthly store refresh enabled the fabled double-pity on Event and Permanent banners. The 50/50 didn't exactly land in my favor, but I have a feeling Diluc will suit my needs more than Zhongli would. Meanwhile perma banner rolled on a Mona constellation, which means I'll probably spend most of this patch learning how she plays and leveling her up.

The 10-pull on the Event banner also granted C6 Noelle, so now I can witness the full power of her lightsaber-based cleaning solution.

• Options
    Mona is great, still one of my favorite units and she still has my best gear. Congrats!

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Also, in case anyone else missed it there are 2 vendors that sell teapot blueprints. One in monstadt and one in Qingce .

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Probably preaching to the choir but Bennet being the monthly “free” unit is great if you don’t have his C1 yet

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains