As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Genshin Impact] 2.1 Releases 9/1.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I'm pretty reliably getting 1 gold book around every other run when i'm using condensed resin

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Talents are a bit of a grind, but I don't think it's too bad. I do hope they decide to mix up the domains at some point, though. I don't think they need to be changed as frequently as abyss 9-12, but I think most people are pretty tired of most of them by now.

• Options
    I just thought up my own personal headcanon about the traveler. Still dropping this in spoilers since it's related to recent story stuff, but it's probably just a dumb theory.
    My mind is trying to justify why your main character is called their default name. The simple explanation is just to get around the voice acting issue, but they're clearly fine with just avoiding referring to them by name no matter how awkward it is. So my personal headcanon now is that they're names actually are Aether and Lumine no matter what, but the name we give your traveler is just an alias to hide their identities. Whoever they are.

Of course, I'm sure tons of people just name them their default name. But if this ever did turn out to be real, it wouldn't be that crazy for them to record an extra line in case they were named the default. Not that I really believe this theory, but I think it's plausible!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I went fishing for another Fischl or Rosaria and a random Qiqi appeared!

Not really sure what to do with that.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Find the cocogoat, of course.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

Go pick some Liyue specialities? :P

Or just heal a lot. People really don't like her much but if you want heals, she's got heals. A lot of heals. I like her because Xiao's hp problems can't be countered with a shield but Diona is usually better.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »

Or just heal a lot. People really don't like her much but if you want heals, she's got heals. A lot of heals. I like her because Xiao's hp problems can't be countered with a shield but Diona is usually better.

Sure, seems reasonable.

Does the spirit work out at all well for Melt procs?

• Options

Sure, seems reasonable.

Herald of Frost? Maybe, but it attacks fairly slowly. Honestly I think Qiqi is one of the worst character in the whole game for applying her element, her skill has long CD and ticks slowly and her burst is one-off with high energy cost.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Its why when I used her I gave her Sac Sword. She has to be out for it to proc but it gives her way more healing uptime if you need it.

Edit: but for melt? Use any other Ice person

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    I just thought up my own personal headcanon about the traveler. Still dropping this in spoilers since it's related to recent story stuff, but it's probably just a dumb theory.
    My mind is trying to justify why your main character is called their default name. The simple explanation is just to get around the voice acting issue, but they're clearly fine with just avoiding referring to them by name no matter how awkward it is. So my personal headcanon now is that they're names actually are Aether and Lumine no matter what, but the name we give your traveler is just an alias to hide their identities. Whoever they are.

Of course, I'm sure tons of people just name them their default name. But if this ever did turn out to be real, it wouldn't be that crazy for them to record an extra line in case they were named the default. Not that I really believe this theory, but I think it's plausible!
    We have named her the default so if it is real I will let you know.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Sure, seems reasonable.

Herald of Frost? Maybe, but it attacks fairly slowly. Honestly I think Qiqi is one of the worst character in the whole game for applying her element, her skill has long CD and ticks slowly and her burst is one-off with high energy cost.

Might have to do some science on this - slow is ok if it resembles the CD on Bennett's ES or I can fill the gaps with Diluc autos.

You weren't kidding about sheer rate of her healing output, either. Yeesh!

Generally I'm in the position of actively looking for supports that work with a gameplan of maximizing Diluc's uptime. Or work well with Beidou or Kaeya. Unfortunately I can't have Xingqiu on both Abyss teams!

Auralynx on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Qiqi natural healing is so high there's no need to make her a healer she can do it anyway no matter how you build her. Just get her up, giver he some artifacts (users choice) and a weapon. Bam she can heal you.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Sure, seems reasonable.

Might have to do some science on this - slow is ok if it resembles the CD on Bennett's ES or I can fill the gaps with Diluc autos.

You weren't kidding about sheer rate of her healing output, either. Yeesh!

Generally I'm in the position of actively looking for supports that work with a gameplan of maximizing Diluc's uptime. Or work well with Beidou or Kaeya. Unfortunately I can't have Xingqiu on both Abyss teams!

There's two big things about setting up elemental reactions that aren't well known or particularly intuitive that kinda ruin Qiqi's ability to set up Melt reactions.

- Different attacks apply different "strengths" of their respective element for the purpose of reactions. Most attacks apply only one unit of their element, like Qiqi's E. One of the big reasons why Bennett is so good at setting up reactions is because just tapping his E skill is two units of pyro, and his burst is the same. So right away, Qiqi would not be able to keep up with him.

- For the Melt and Vaporize reactions, if you are doing the strong versions of these (pyro triggering melt, or hydro triggering vaporize), the strength of that element is multiplied by about 250%. This makes it extremely difficult for any cryo character to keep up with any pyro character, so the cryo attacks will likely be the ones that are triggering Melt most of the time. On the other side, if a cryo attack is the one that triggers melt, the strength of that element is multiplied by about 60%. This is why "reverse Melt" and "reverse Vaporize" teams are common; it's very easy to reliably have a cryo DPS like Ganyu or Kaeya regularly be the ones to trigger Melt with a pyro support like Bennett or Xiangling.

tl;dr: It's extremely difficult for cryo supports to keep up with pyro dps characters, or for pyro supports to keep up with hydro dps. It's very likely in any team composition that Qiqi will the one triggering Melt, for relatively little damage. I do think Qiqi can be very useful, but probably not in a team with any pyro character.

EDIT: Linking my resource, Keqing Mains Elemental Gauge Theory. There's a link in there as well to a spreadsheet that shows how many units of their element each attack from each character (except Rosaria) applies. Shoutouts to Beidou and Zhongli, the only characters who can apply 4 units of their element with one attack (their bursts. Just the initial hit in Beidou's case). Not that I really care about any of this except for characters doing Melt or Vaporize reactions, since it's so important that the strongest attacks trigger the reaction.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/4Z6P_2Gyv98

Looks like we're getting a rerun of Zhongli, and Yanfei and Eula are confirmed. And we're building a town of our own? Sign me up!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Some codes to redeem from the 1.5 stream, 300 primogems total:
    FS6SU367M279
    4BNSD3675J8D
    ATPTUJPP53QH

• Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    I like the graphics on that new Millelith set; straight up made for Zhongli.
    Now I'm kind of torn, pull for Eula or try for more Zhongli constellations...

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    Also, best note from the Dev conversation:
    Q1: Can't you lower the Original Resin Requirement of the weekly challenges? After doing one on Monday, I don't have enough resin to do anything else for the rest of the week.

A1: Paimon is on it! The Original Resin consumption of weekly challenges like Trounce Domain and Lupus Boreas, Dominator of Wolves will be adjusted in Version 1.5. For more details, make sure to check out our upcoming version 1.5 Special Program.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    They also teased a pink haired bunny-eared girl who's an old friend of Baal and Morax.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    eMoander wrote: »
    Also, best note from the Dev conversation:
    Q1: Can't you lower the Original Resin Requirement of the weekly challenges? After doing one on Monday, I don't have enough resin to do anything else for the rest of the week.

A1: Paimon is on it! The Original Resin consumption of weekly challenges like Trounce Domain and Lupus Boreas, Dominator of Wolves will be adjusted in Version 1.5. For more details, make sure to check out our upcoming version 1.5 Special Program.

Cool that they're lowering it but....what? Is that a translation issue and they meant they dont have enough resin to do anything else for the rest of the day, or am i an idiot for not getting their question.

McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    They also teased a pink haired bunny-eared girl who's an old friend of Baal and Morax.

Wonder if they are continuing the Honkai reference train or just straight giving us Yae. Cause she straight up looks like Yae but was not actually given a name, which is entirely intentional what with Baal having the Raiden moniker but no further name yet either...

Who-Psyd on
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Playstation Blog on 1.5/PS5 Update

Not sure if there are any additional details in there (compared to the Dev Stream), but figured it was useful to post.

Hope a fourth Trounce domain will mean I might eventually get a new billet. (It won't.)

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »
    Hope a fourth Trounce domain will mean I might eventually get a new billet. (It won't.)

At least not getting any billets will now be cheaper.

• Options
    New web event is up and running. Hilidream Camp.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Looks like doing all of the rewards will get you the first couple pieces of in game furniture for the housing.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    lguiqveksfu61.png

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Albedo's 10% chance:

3z85eqmzk2iu.jpg

Kind of a waste, but I'll take it I guess!

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    lguiqveksfu61.png

While it's kind of sad, it's honestly good that they're going to fix this bug, and also good that they announced it in advance. Still not going to stop me from abusing it as long as I can, though.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I took a look at my pull history on Childe's banner, saw that I had only done 12 since pulling Hu Tao and decided to use the 4 pulls from the battle pass for a chance at Rosaria. 4th one gave me Childe, so I guess I have him now. I was kind of hoping I would get someone off banner so I could chase one of the upcoming banners, but that's pretty good luck.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    All right, so I finished off the Battle Pass, and the Black Sword looks like it'd be a good for Lumine, and $9.99 is no skin off my nose. However, to Refine it, am I going to need to finish a battle pass where it's in the reward pool 4 more times and spend $50 on it total? :P

• Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    All right, so I finished off the Battle Pass, and the Black Sword looks like it'd be a good for Lumine, and $9.99 is no skin off my nose. However, to Refine it, am I going to need to finish a battle pass where it's in the reward pool 4 more times and spend $50 on it total? :P

Well, you lots of stuff for those $10.

We will most likely get a generic rifinement item at some point, but propably not for a few expansions.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    Also even without refines, that sword is the best weapon on the BP, and might be the best 4* sword so far. It's a great weapon for any character.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Nought wrote: »

That is true, it's not just the sword. Seems like a real bargain for all the stuff that comes from getting the gnostic hymn, Just making sure I hadn't missed the quest for craftable black swords or something, 'cause I'd rather do that rather than spend money in a FtP game.

• Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Nought wrote: »

That is true, it's not just the sword. Seems like a real bargain for all the stuff that comes from getting the gnostic hymn, Just making sure I hadn't missed the quest for craftable black swords or something, 'cause I'd rather do that rather than spend money in a FtP game.

As far as I remember, the BattlePass weapons are only on the battle pass.

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    Ok, looks like I will have about 120 pulls for new Zhongli banner, and I’m on my 50/50 at basically zero pity right now. I’m hoping I can get two more copies to hit the c4, which isn’t unreasonable probability wise. However, I could also end up with zero Zhonglis if I get unlucky. Fingers crossed!

• Options
    edited April 2021
    eMoander wrote: »
    Ok, looks like I will have about 120 pulls for new Zhongli banner, and I’m on my 50/50 at basically zero pity right now. I’m hoping I can get two more copies to hit the c4, which isn’t unreasonable probability wise. However, I could also end up with zero Zhonglis if I get unlucky. Fingers crossed!

The Childe banner over 50 or 60 pulls has dropped me 2 Rosarias, QiQi, and an absolute golf-bag of 4* weapons - hope your luck's better than that very low bar.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    .Just realized both Yanfei and Zhongli use Gold talent books. Farmed a bunch of them today just in case. Worst case scenario if I don't get either of those two my Beidou will use them. Also got a pile of mora and xp books stored, not quite enough to get anybody maxed but roughly enough to get somebody to lvl 80 which is fine for most characters anyways. Not too optimistic about getting ZL since I only have ~25 wishes stored but I lost my last 50/50 so whatever happens at least I'm not getting another Qiqi this time.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I think I'll pass on the zhongli banner. I have his C1, and would rather save for Eula. The new 4 star is tempting, but I'm sure I'll pick her up sooner or later.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I'm going in on Zhongli, but just for Yanfei. Zhongli is great, almost ludicrously so, but Yanfei is the first unit I think I'm "simping" for, as the kids say. She's YA red Phoenix Wright and I'm here for it. Been farming materials for her all week.

Edit: the wife's going in on the banner as well because she wants Zhongli's C1 pretty bad.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Despite have approximately 0 chance, I do really want Zhongli’s C2. I sure wouldn’t mind being able to use him in coop more.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Do we know if they're changing the BP weapons this go? It'd make sense, kind of, after 5 rounds, but of course not everyone focuses on one weapon only, so it makes sense to keep going with the same stuff, too.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.