As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fighting Game Thread] Street Fighter 6 demo out now on playstation.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    del ay ne t

cod e

is fi

ne I don 't

ge t

what all the co m plaining is

• Options
    a

bout

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    simulacrum wrote: »
    Please don't subject yourself to delay netcode

I uh, dont even know which is which or if both are delay based. I only know Skullgirls and the next guilty gear are rollback native. And that might be wrong too.

• Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    sfv is rollback albeit kinda wonky at times

Dbfz is delay

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Short answer is they just handle lag/de-syncs differently.

Delay will delay your inputs if you and your opponent fall out of sync. Which isn't a big deal if you have a consistent connection under 3 frames but grows more and more unplayable the higher you go.

Rollback doesn't delay your inputs but if it detects a desync it will "guess" the game state and then roll it back if it was wrong. Usually this happens too fast for you to notice(cause most rollback still has a delay buffer its just fixed) but when it does get bad you will notice a lot of jerkiness(ie SFV).

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Short answer is they just handle lag/de-syncs differently.

Delay will delay your inputs if you and your opponent fall out of sync. Which isn't a big deal if you have a consistent connection under 3 frames but grows more and more unplayable the higher you go.

Rollback doesn't delay your inputs but if it detects a desync it will "guess" the game state and then roll it back if it was wrong. Usually this happens too fast for you to notice(cause most rollback still has a delay buffer its just fixed) but when it does get bad you will notice a lot of jerkiness(ie SFV).

Oh thanks, I actually did know rollback vs delay, just not which game used which. Still a useful overview!

In more direct news, oh my goodness friendly lounges where you can grind games feel so much better than ranked or casual, even when I'm getting beat just as bad.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah I would say casual match can be more conducive to learning at times.

As people are more willing to play multiple sets as they don't have a rank to worry about.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Oh man, had my first alt+f4 in ranked PC Tekken 7 in a long, long time. I forgot how that feels.

• Options
    Tekken ranked is hilarious.

Folks will play you as much as you want if they think they're better but will one and done you if you seem like a threat.

I really wish fighting game ranked was mandatory best of 3 then optional after that.

• Options
    Tekken ranked is hilarious.

Folks will play you as much as you want if they think they're better but will one and done you if you seem like a threat.

I really wish fighting game ranked was mandatory best of 3 then optional after that.

Wish sfv had a more direct option to offer casuals after a ranked bo3 aside from manually inviting them

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the focus on matchmaking in online games over time - across like, all genres - has really pushed people towards the idea of just, one-and-done being your interactions with all competitors

the idea of just genuinely playing a bunch against some people like you're all at a lan on or on the couch has become alien unless they're your well-known friends

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    a copy of snk heroines fell into my lap today

is this game... any good at all? did anyone here buy/play it?

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i have it. cool ideas, but since it's an SNK game it is literally unplayable online. it makes Samsho look like LAN, no joke

• Options
    that is dire

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

The stuff this game does with sound is fascinating.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular

Anji looks BUSTED AS SHIT.

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Just don't push buttons lol

• Options
    Yeah guard points and moves with auto-evade means he's gonna be YOLO the character.

• Options
    Everybody looks good in the demo video, so I'm not worried yet. But arcsys. Plz hire someone to translate move names, even poorly. My dumb English brain just hears them all as sounds and I can't follow at alllll what you are talking about. By all means be bad to my monolingual ass, but gimme SOMETHING.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Yeah guard points and moves with auto-evade means he's gonna be YOLO the character.
    Gonna press a random button after Fuujin every time. They can't know what I'm gonna do if even I don't know what I'm gonna do.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Gonna press a random button after Fuujin every time. They can't know what I'm gonna do if even I don't know what I'm gonna do.

And then once they expect the random button, you hit them with the ultimate mix-up: no button.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Deans wrote: »

I don't understand what these string of symbols mean. Is it like some kind of proto English?

• Options
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Deans wrote: »

I don't understand what these string of symbols mean. Is it like some kind of proto English?

Compromise, hold back.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF07o74V7nc
    Command Grab Super that shoots projectiles if it wiffs

5ZpXaTB.png

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    That wiff looks VERY blockable (and I have no idea how chip works in this game) but those projectiles took HALF the health unblocked. That is a scrub killer.

• Options
  • Options

ArcSystemWorks
    #GuiltyGearStrive 06.11.21
    @ArcSystemWorksU

The #GuiltyGearStrive Open Beta #2 starts today! Server opens at 8PM PST!

#GETHYPE

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    Server was up, but few people got in and now it looks like the servers are down.

I tried for an hour and just got errors.

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i got in without issue about 5 minutes before the announced start time, and about 45 minutes later I got thrown out with seemingly almost everyone else

• Options
    I got in, played a bit with I-no and found myself kinda over my head, her movement seems slow at first but I need to get used to her air offense. Switched back to Pot and had a much easier time. They nerfed his Hammerfall to be easier to be punished, but otherwise I didn't see any huge changes since the last beta.

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    training mode training mode

pot's 5P whiffs on crouchers now, antiair 6P will never yield a combo, i believe pot buster is back to throwing the opponent fullscreen so you can't get any pressure after landing it midscreen. influencers complaining about potemkin getting what they want. how dare he have a kara grab that has basically the same range his pot buster has always had, he's too good. (but actually nerfing hammerfall to be more reliably punishable on block was extremely necessary because it was stupid, regardless of whether or not it was balanced)

nagoriyuki feels a lot worse. his non-teleport specials cost more blood gauge, he can never loop juggling after 623H (which would be generally bad with the new blood gauge cost, you'd bloodrage yourself instantly, but situationally would be worth it to make a combo hit the wall and then burn overdrive to stop from bloodraging), he lost the ability to OTG 6H in a bunch of situations (and you can't cause the wallstick with OTG 6H anymore, which makes managing the bloodgauge harder since you can't end wall combos with 6H 6H for a bunch of blood gauge reduction). seems like combo routes are going to generally rely on juggling with c.S f.SSS after launching with 623H 236K but causing the wallstick with f.SSS is really disappointing because you often are unable to then break the wall with 6H/5H/2H and have to do c.S instead, meaning you miss out on even more blood gauge reduction. blood gauge seems like it is going to be much harder to manage. couldn't tell in the previous beta if he was really good or not because i didn't have a sense of how much better his combo potential was compared to the rest of the cast, but now it seems like his combo potential isn't really that much better? idk, guess its too early to say anything meaningful

axl felt about the same. noticed you can 2K low profile antiair. 6P seems to antiair fine but doesn't give a good combo compared to his other options.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    I'm not really getting Ky's shock state. I'm not the best at labbing so I could be missing something but it outside of some extra chip and damage it doesn't seem to do much.

• Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/L2s8neb1rY0

I am trash at this game, made it to Tower 6 so far. The lobby system sucks…less, but they put some of that suck into jumping. Game feels weird now.

Not really worried about it, though; if the devs are responsive enough to make changes like this so late I imagine they’ll keep adjusting things.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    It seems inevitable that they'll roll back some of those jump changes. It's nice to see some experimentation even this close to release though.

I enjoyed playing Chipp in this beta but I don't really know what to do with his rekkas or how I'm fishing for any significant damage aside from wall-run combos. The rekka only has one ender, and it's the slow overhead that can be interrupted; there's no reason to block low on the third hit, and you can see when he doesn't cancel into it from the sweep, so it's not like you can dash in and do a low afterward instead

You can mix up the second one high/low but what do you do when you want a block string that maintains pressure? No idea

ninja run fast

• Options

Tencent announced Project: Fighter (Tentative title) at its conference today.

It is essentially a One Piece fighting game for mobile developed by Tencent's More Fun Studio and authorised by Bandai Namco.

Only confirmed for China atm. https://t.co/JBYpY5y5Mx

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9pm3Kr_Jfs

Strive story trailer.

Aria is tottally going to be DLC.

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    nagoriyuki feels like dogshit in this build

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    I missed the first beta, but I liked the way Potemkin felt in this one. I do miss having the option to skip Heat Extend for wakeup pressure though.

This discussion has been closed.