As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fighting Game Thread] Street Fighter 6 demo out now on playstation.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah. I know why I'm not too worried.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Not only is ya boi on a hot streak, but he made bronze! And not only did he make bronze, but he did it against a super bronze that was also on their league up chance. 8-)

Apologies to the laggy akuma I didn't give a runback though. I hope it was better on your end.

I've already recognized once everyone is quick riding I'm going to have to adapt, right now I get a lot out of knockdown, toss a thunderclap over you, now you gotta guess. But my setups for the qcf elbows needed to get better anyway. It'll be fun to whif those against people who know how negative they are for me on block. With little pushback. And after the patch I'm just gonna wait for someone else to tell me if sprinky step is good now, I love my cartwheel overhead/semi anti air too much.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    I wish I could tell people to get into SC6 because I feel like it strikes the balance most fighting games are looking for of being very accessible while having lots of depth.

But the online is so garbage.

But I seriously think it is one of the more fun fighters out that people aren't playing mainly because the online is so bad.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I wish I could tell people to get into SC6 because I feel like it strikes the balance most fighting games are looking for of being very accessible while having lots of depth.

But I seriously think it is one of the more fun fighters out that people aren't playing mainly because the online is so bad.

So many meticulously crafted costumes, lost to bad online like tears in the rain.

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular

I think it is legit the best fighter of the generation, but it's so easy to get bad connections.

Maybe SC7 will get rollback ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    templewulf wrote: »

I think it is legit the best fighter of the generation, but it's so easy to get bad connections.

Sc7 with rollback and no sexy armor destruction would be an easy sell for me. Go back to my first fighting game love of talim. Cause in a game about big swords I just wanna punch people.

• Options

Sc7 with rollback and no sexy armor destruction would be an easy sell for me. Go back to my first fighting game love of talim. Cause in a game about big swords I just wanna punch people.

SC6 allows you to set costume parts to not explode! Of course, opponents can do whatever they want, but it's a start.

One reason I love SC6 is that they actually let talim be *good* this time. Wild, right?

• Options
    edited May 2021
    My brother is a high level SC player...like actually won tourneys in the past for 4 and 5.

He plays Talim, Setsuka is his main though.

And yeah he made me hate her.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    I would like to play casuals to practice things, but noooo can't do that because this fuckin' 80% win rate chun li is in bronze. Just chilling in casuals forever, never having to fight people their level. Thousands of matches! WHYYYY

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/I-Lys7OLglU

Okay this is just a preview of the songs in the game, whatever, but this is the first time I've heard Ky's theme and I'm losing my shit at how Discount Bon Jovi it is

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I would like to play casuals to practice things, but noooo can't do that because this fuckin' 80% win rate chun li is in bronze. Just chilling in casuals forever, never having to fight people their level. Thousands of matches! WHYYYY

yeah that's very common. you're 90000% better off just doing ranked if you're trying to experiment and learn. just suck it up and remember the LP means nothing

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Wow, I'm... not a fan of Strive's soundtrack based on those samples.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    The strive soundtrack sounds has big "what if Andrew Lloyd Webber wrote a RWBY musical" energy

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ph blake wrote: »
    The strive soundtrack sounds has big "what if Andrew Lloyd Webber wrote a RWBY musical" energy

see guilty gear already looks like a theatre kid's metal so

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I was into "this is bullshit! BLAZING" but the rest of it I'm not feeling at all yeah

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    It's not as good as BlazBlue music, but I still like it.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    guilty gear music in the past has been more my jam than blazblue but also in the past it hasn't had what I can only assume is Daisuke Ishiwatari singing

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I'm liking what I've heard so far, I'll wait for the full songs to be available to really judge.

Colors/Alone Infection is still my favourite so far.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    i'm pretty sure Naoki Hashimoto does the vocals for most guilty gear songs, i think daisuke is primarily a guitar player

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i think i liked basically all of the xrd vocal tracks but idk something about them not being the character themes made it more acceptable? even if the rest of the tracks in strive lack vocals i feel like you are going to be hearing the vocal tracks nonstop because they're the default

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    We got a release date for the Virtua Fighter thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChN6AjsLORY&ab_channel=IGNIGNVerified

In one week! A week before Strive! Uh oh!

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The game, “remade for a new generation,” features the same fundamental gameplay and combat as previous entries, but with rebuilt graphics using Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio’s Dragon Engine, as well as new background music for every stage, a new user interface, a new opening cinematic, and new lighting and shaders. Players can also spectate online matches in real-time, as well as build robin-robin style online tournaments. The private and public lobby system supports up to 16 players, and includes new communication tools like stamp

All that work and no mention of Rollback, and coming out right before Strive.

I can't believe it's already dead.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Yeah...I was interested in it but if it's same old, same old especially this close to Strive I ain't buying it.

And I feel like most companies know rollback is a selling point at this point so the lack of mention doesn't bode well.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    I muted the music in the strive beta pretty early on it's just not at all what I wanna listen to when I'm playing a guilty gear match

And yeah I'd say it's a pretty safe assumption that they're avoiding talking about the virtua fighter netcode because they don't want people yelling at them when it's inevitably delay

simulacrum on
  • Options
    I actually don't mind the soundtrack it's cheesy but I'm no stranger to cheesy metal/rock.

Also I don't mind the lyrics either. Instrumentals are cool but it's nice to have a change of pace every now and then too.

• Options
    Yeah...I was interested in it but if it's same old, same old especially this close to Strive I ain't buying it.

And I feel like most companies know rollback is a selling point at this point so the lack of mention doesn't bode well.

I can't imagine rollback is anything but a requirement at this point unless you want to make a release that sells...moderately at best and then you don't have to support much because no one keeps playing. I find it hard to believe that is anyone's model given how much $$$$$$$ is in selling skins and characters and stages etc.

• Options

I can't imagine rollback is anything but a requirement at this point unless you want to make a release that sells...moderately at best and then you don't have to support much because no one keeps playing. I find it hard to believe that is anyone's model given how much $$$$$$$ is in selling skins and characters and stages etc.

If it's some budget indie doujin fighter meant to be played at cons and locals, sure, rudimentary online support is whatever.

But this has eSports stickers all over it! The first announcement was VF x eSports! Did they really not think even 5 minutes ahead?

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2021

If it's some budget indie doujin fighter meant to be played at cons and locals, sure, rudimentary online support is whatever.

But this has eSports stickers all over it! The first announcement was VF x eSports! Did they really not think even 5 minutes ahead?

shit fuckin, I mean, even those indie ass games have decent netcode. Melty has rollback. fuckin Divekick has rollback.

no one, much less Sega, really have any excuse releasing a fighting games with busted netcode five years ago, let alone 20-gatdang-21

they put rollback in an NES game! it probably has better netcode than this release of VF5, bet

Zxerol on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    The rumor is that VF5 is going to be part of next month's PS+, which will at least hopefully give it a decent player base.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Zxerol wrote: »

shit fuckin, I mean, even those indie ass games have decent netcode. Melty has rollback. fuckin Divekick has rollback.

no one, much less Sega, really have any excuse releasing a fighting games with busted netcode five years ago, let alone 20-gatdang-21

they put rollback in an NES game! it probably has better netcode than this release of VF5, bet

I was politely leaving that out, but yeah, the biggest studios are also the worst offenders. Why does TFH have better netcode than SFV? Why does the EFZ fan caster have better netcode than Tekken? Who is making these decisions?

Edit: Strive isn't unique in having good netcode, it's just unusual for a major name to do it.

templewulf on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    That VF5 looks so bad, like one of those generic Unreal/Unity fighters you find on Steam. The life bars and stuff are just atrocious.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    TBF before
    Reynolds wrote: »
    That VF5 looks so bad, like one of those generic Unreal/Unity fighters you find on Steam. The life bars and stuff are just atrocious.

I mean it is still an old game just retextured.

My main hope is it's meant to drum up hype for a VF6.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Ryu and Chun-Li are in Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid now.

If you don't have the game, you can get the newly released Super Edition that has everything released so far I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws3XVvpL-rk

• Options
    Lars wrote: »
    Ryu and Chun-Li are in Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid now.

If you don't have the game, you can get the newly released Super Edition that has everything released so far I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws3XVvpL-rk

so hows the netcode? :P

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Rollback netcode and crossplay with everything.

Also, I thought Ryu and Chun-Li were going to be like Smash and Granblue where you could do the motions or use the special move button...Nope, they're motions-only for their specials and EXs. Well, motions for Ryu, as Chun-Li is a charge character.

• Options
    It's Rollback, so it's good.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
This discussion has been closed.