As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] To the Lighthouse!

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Honestly the solution is to not do it as a fuck no to bad design.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    https://reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/oohs9q/shot_my_friend_with_a_shotgun_over_1000_times_so/

Pretty solid breakdown of lightweight, precision, and aggressive shotguns post-nerf.

The main break down is that for lightweight and precision, full choke can add up to an extra meter of range vs all other barrel mods. Range for these doesn’t matter as much as full choke as long as you’re over 50R for lightweight and 75R for precision.

Aggressive apparently just wants the most raw range stats possible, including smoothbore. That’s right, the previous most-Garbage possibly perk might be worth a damn now.

Really the other takeaway from that post though is that 6m is the new always-OHKO for shotguns, with some perfectly rolled examples being able to hit out to 7ish meters.

ronzo on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Knocking out some challenges and oh my god this match
    151tl2o0zhpz.jpg

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Man those Legendary lost sectors are no joke. I mean, I'm the first to admit I'm not great at shooters, but going in at only 10 levels under (my weapons are still around 15 levels under) and it literally only takes a yellow bar about a second and a half to knock me out. Meanwhile I need a full clip to kill a red bar and 3 to 4 clips to get rid a of a yellow. Being forced into using an autorifle and a sidearm/submachinegun (depending on the enemy type) is really a problem for me since my selection of potential weapons is so limited. I've gotten to the last fight of one (after several tries) but have yet to actually finish. The advice to "go slow" seems so counter to my experience I wonder if I'm doing it wrong? I find that if I stop moving even for an instant I'm likely going to be at 25% or less heath before I even know I'm in danger.

26904.png
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    It heavily depends which Lost Sector. Some are a lot easier than others. I also abuse the fuck out of invis hunter or stasis to make a quick ice wall to save my ass. I also use 1KV to burn down champions quickly. Rat king would work for non hunters too.

Protip you can use stasis ice wall to help deal with champions, freeze them before shield/regen/run at you then load up the stun again

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I don't have Thousand Voices. To be honest, I've never completed the Last Wish raid at all.

I never finished the Rat King quest either. I probably could have but I never got around to it.

I haven't bought Beyond Light yet. I was going to jump in during the final (long) season this year and play it then.

Looks like grinding another few levels and maybe dropping a couple thousand tokens on Banshee and Zavala for a better selection of guns is going to be on the menu for tonight!

26904.png
  • Options
    You can buy Rat King from the kiosk, not sure on 1KV

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    1KV still only comes from Last Wish

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    The true answer is just run up and hit them with crown splitter with the class mod that doubles firefly/explosions and you don't need champion mods.*

*half joking if you are under leveled, but it would work.

Being underleveled in destiny is a huge detriment, 10 levels under starts with like ~20% reduction to your damage. Weapons 15 under is like 30% I think? Don't do content under level unless you have to, its going to be a bad time.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    There's a ton of content for which you are always under it's stated level. It's always just a matter of how difficult it is and how careful you have to be and how much you have to think about your build.

• Options
    YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    Man those Legendary lost sectors are no joke. I mean, I'm the first to admit I'm not great at shooters, but going in at only 10 levels under (my weapons are still around 15 levels under) and it literally only takes a yellow bar about a second and a half to knock me out. Meanwhile I need a full clip to kill a red bar and 3 to 4 clips to get rid a of a yellow. Being forced into using an autorifle and a sidearm/submachinegun (depending on the enemy type) is really a problem for me since my selection of potential weapons is so limited. I've gotten to the last fight of one (after several tries) but have yet to actually finish. The advice to "go slow" seems so counter to my experience I wonder if I'm doing it wrong? I find that if I stop moving even for an instant I'm likely going to be at 25% or less heath before I even know I'm in danger.

Your weapon level actually matters for damage calculation, so if you can squeeze an extra 5-10 points you should be killing things faster. If you have one, I recommend a blinding grenade launcher to help with crowd control (and unstoppable champions), sometimes banshee sells one, so check there.

Having to spec for 2 champion types is a pain for sure, so it's important to bring something that can burst down a champion once you have it stunned, Rocket Launchers are in a good place for that and have some good mods available in the artifact. Drifter sells one that's decent btw, not sure on the unlock requirements though. You can also get a Code Duello from battlegrounds which is great.

Situational awareness and cover though are key, knowing where the useful cover is and having a plan to move forward and take ground really helps.

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • Options
    YerMum wrote: »
    Stupid wrote: »

Your weapon level actually matters for damage calculation, so if you can squeeze an extra 5-10 points you should be killing things faster. If you have one, I recommend a blinding grenade launcher to help with crowd control (and unstoppable champions), sometimes banshee sells one, so check there.

Having to spec for 2 champion types is a pain for sure, so it's important to bring something that can burst down a champion once you have it stunned, Rocket Launchers are in a good place for that and have some good mods available in the artifact. Drifter sells one that's decent btw, not sure on the unlock requirements though. You can also get a Code Duello from battlegrounds which is great.

Situational awareness and cover though are key, knowing where the useful cover is and having a plan to move forward and take ground really helps.

In general when speccing for 2 champs, look to cover one of them with grenades or a special weapon if you can. Sometimes you gotta just go double primary though.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I can’t tell if there’s a server outage, or if my account has been accidentally deleted.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    I think it may be part of the massive server outage from this morning from Akamai going down

• Options
    edited July 2021
    I think it may be part of the massive server outage from this morning from Akamai going down

I can use the Destiny app to look at the characters of anyone in my clan. Or friends list. But I don’t see any of my characters specifically, even if I look through the clan page and select my profile as I would anyone else’s. And all my game history is gone (but I can see anyone else’s game history). I can see that I’m in a clan and that’s it.

Pretty weird.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Curious, I checked you on Trials report and same thing, can't load any info on you

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Sounds like a good number of reports came in on their help forums of similar issues. So you aren't alone. Presumably they will announce an investigation soon, but fingers crossed it doesn't take long.

• Options
    As long as I’m not alone in this, then I’m not too worried.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    TW@B is out:
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50496

Not a ton to say, but one nice change next season:
    Effective at the start of Season 15 we will deprecate the passively-earned world currency, Synthstrand, that was used to purchase Armor Synthesis bounties from Ada-1. In its place, these bounties will be purchasable for 10,000 Glimmer instead.

And also info about next season's NF reward system:
    Next week, Nightfalls will feature double rewards. We will also have a mixed bag of rewards as Palindrome, THE SWARM, and Shadow Price will all be dropping. So everything is on the menu, and with double rewards it’s a fantastic opportunity to pick up more rolls of add them to your collection for the first time.

Speaking of Nightfall rewards starting in Season 15, the Nightfall weapon rotation will be changing. Instead of six weapons in a 1/1/1/3 rotation as we had in the second half of Season 14, we'll have eight weapons, in pairs consisting of one newer and one older weapon. You might remember the new weapons being reprised from Destiny 1 as a hilarious Shotgun and a Rocket Launcher that was the ultimate reward for doing the longest Crucible quest. Each week, one of these new additions will be featured along with another weapon already in the pool.

For example:
    The Comedian / Shadow Price
    The Hothead / Hung Jury

The additions this Season have the spicy perk combinations typical of Nightfall loot, including a couple of perks not seen on these archetypes in the past.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Ah yes, the Hothead. You could get one, single roll of it. And it was likely terrible.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Also, now that the new Bungie Store is out, if you reset your password and link your Store account to your Bungie.net account before August 1st you get a free in-game emblem.
    Also all the physical Bungie rewards are now on a new page: https://bungiestore.com/bungie-rewards

Crippl3 on
  • Options

• Options
    After much pain and failure last weekend, I finally eeked out another flawless!
    s31t0spikl4a.jpg

Linked up with a decent LFG who actually gave call outs and worked together, I was amazed. As is tradition, my Adept HC is absolutely trash with One For All 🤮

But I did mange to quickswap to my ice pistol so I'm only 4 post-flawless wins from gilding my Flawless title again!

Also also... Hate mail from a team we 5-0'd
    4rubdku292p6.png

• Options
    We got a Trials team together last night and actually swept straight to 3 wins without a loss. Got stonewalled after that but even 1 or 2 of those games were winnable imo. No a bad weekend all things considered. I wonder if a bunch of people are in Trials trying to get the SMG.

Also we got the 4 people who've gotten the Mythoclast their catalysts. The gun still sucks apparently but getting the catalyst was relatively painless and not too bad in terms of extra time.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/B7266v5H9pk
    Flawless clips. I need to get back into the groove of streaming but I'm scared to swap back to a wired connection if it brings back my Baboon errors

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So what's in a good place now for PvP?

120s still seem solid, but not as "necessary"? Are ARs more competitive now?

Is Chaperone still nuts? (Yes.)

I see Zk using Palindrome a lot now, may give that a shot

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I've moved off 120s and been using The Summoner. Dire Promise has made a big comeback. You want something with range and a good ttk. SMGs are in a good spot too.

If you don't use Chaperone, Riiswalker or something then a Fusion is keen. Bastion, Glaciochasm or plug one

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Dead Man's Tale is still really good as well.

Like, it absolutely ate a nerf and almost certainly deserved it but it actually seems like it was a well done nerf that still left the weapon powerful but just not dominant at all times in hipfire anymore.

• Options
    I love my Vorpal DMT for shutting down roaming supers

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    What're you running on your Summoner?

I love that gun.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    I have Dynamic Sway and Rangefinder, with a Handling masterwork for crispy quick swaps

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I really want alternatives to get catalysts for exotics, because I don't really have time to line up with others to get the DMT one. So I missed the window of it being even crazier to use. If it were thousands of kills somehow I could have gotten that easily by now with it...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I've moved off 120s and been using The Summoner. Dire Promise has made a big comeback. You want something with range and a good ttk. SMGs are in a good spot too.

If you don't use Chaperone, Riiswalker or something then a Fusion is keen. Bastion, Glaciochasm or plug one
    shryke wrote: »

Like, it absolutely ate a nerf and almost certainly deserved it but it actually seems like it was a well done nerf that still left the weapon powerful but just not dominant at all times in hipfire anymore.

I love DMT for PvE stuff, but strangely it just never feels right for me in PvP

I do have a couple decent Dire Promises I can try, could probably pair with a Glacio or Plug1 (not sure which I like more yet)

I do love Chappy though. I'm not sure how optimal it is, but I've always been a fan of Last Perdition

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I was looking at my unfinished exotic catalyst quests and uhhh.... has anyone actually finished the Ticuu's Diviniatuon 50 crucible kills quest? Because lol wtf

• Options
    edited July 2021

I do have a couple decent Dire Promises I can try, could probably pair with a Glacio or Plug1 (not sure which I like more yet)

I do love Chappy though. I'm not sure how optimal it is, but I've always been a fan of Last Perdition

Have you tried messing around with Duality? It's no Chaperone, but it's fun to play around with in QP. Great range for a shotgun that's not Chaperone, but with very consistent performance against rushers even when hip-firing.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    august wrote: »
    I was looking at my unfinished exotic catalyst quests and uhhh.... has anyone actually finished the Ticuu's Diviniatuon 50 crucible kills quest? Because lol wtf

Well, if you did it during the season it was introduced and had the season track bonuses, it was really like 13 kills

But it's really not that bad to get kills with, should be a body shot with the trackers and then a headshot to kill, make sure to put Bow Targeting on your helmet to make it snappier

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

During the season with the boost it was like 13 and not horrible. That is one of the few I did in season because I saw that and decided to say fuck ever doing it everwards.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular

Well, if you did it during the season it was introduced and had the season track bonuses, it was really like 13 kills

But it's really not that bad to get kills with, should be a body shot with the trackers and then a headshot to kill, make sure to put Bow Targeting on your helmet to make it snappier

From what I've gathered due to a bug kills from the shot that procs the explosion do not count towards the catalyst.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Yeah the season pass weapon needs to be done that season or it is quite literally 4 times more grindy due to the lack of boost.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »

Have you tried messing around with Duality? It's no Chaperone, but it's fun to play around with in QP. Great range for a shotgun that's not Chaperone, but with very consistent performance against rushers even when hip-firing.

I play with it some, but then I forget about it and I’m not sure why. I definitely don’t hit the slug shots with it like Chappy, I think it’s just something with the sight that throws me off

I do need to keep practicing with it though. I think the hipfire pellets retain the damage falloff range that the slug has, which is why it feels so consistent

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg