As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pondcasts Thread [Podcats Thread]

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    @Reynolds
    don't read this

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

This is how I do fan critique

those Dyson fans sure are expensive and seem like they'd be less effective and they look so dumb

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    @Dyson is going to come out of their 13-year hiatus and be really hurt by that.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Don't get me started on the spheres!

It's like in order to build this you'd have to have a power source greater than what you get from building it!

And what's the deal with replicator food...?

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Anyone worrying about if it's wrong to yell at fans rather than laughing about how it's funny to yell at fans also has cop brain

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Right, but it says anonymous. That person is not their friend or someone that's spoken to them before and expects to be listened to or replied to. As far as I can see.

I've sent an @ or PM out at podcasts without expecting them to read it or respond, they likely get at least dozens of those daily.

If those messages are telling people how to do their jobs, I would highly recommend stopping that!!

So it's never alright to make any public comments about what you think creators should do? Is it alright here because we're smaller? Even though we've been publicly quoted by like Austin Walker or Ethan Page? We've even had people here make suggestions for podcasts and such made by people that post on the forums regularly who definitely saw it, is that not allowed?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Well I'm not listening to behind the bastards today I guess

I'm listening anyway

Folks this episode is bad

bad how?

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Right, but it says anonymous. That person is not their friend or someone that's spoken to them before and expects to be listened to or replied to. As far as I can see.

I've sent an @ or PM out at podcasts without expecting them to read it or respond, they likely get at least dozens of those daily.

If those messages are telling people how to do their jobs, I would highly recommend stopping that!!

So it's never alright to make any public comments about what you think creators should do? Is it alright here because we're smaller? Even though we've been publicly quoted by like Austin Walker or Ethan Page? We've even had people here make suggestions for podcasts and such made by people that post on the forums regularly who definitely saw it, is that not allowed?

DMing someone unsolicited advice is extremely invasive and unwanted, it's even worse when it's aggressive, I legitimately don't know how this is a struggle!

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    *slides my tarot card-based RPG onto the table*

If we're bringing up games designed to be played on Actual Play shows, I've got one tucked away in my pocket.............

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I don't think the message/advice was as aggressive as the response, in that example.

I also think a lot of people don't think messaging famous people is the same as messaging an average person. And I'm pretty sure places in Tumblr or Twitter have ways to block/ignore messages from people you're not expressly whitelisting (but maybe I'm wrong?). I wouldn't do something like the clipped message, but I lean more in the direction of it not being a big deal than you or Reese do, obviously.

Any time I make something I usually ask everyone that sees it for input and usually get none, so I've definitely got a different viewpoint.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    if you aren't ok with a person seeing and responding to a message, why are you directly sending it to their private message inbox

just post somewhere else. i talk shit about strangers i hate all the time i just don't send them a damn letter in the post about it

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

I'm listening anyway

bad how?

Its about Chris Chan

do not look into chris chan

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'm fairly sure people used to post Chris Chan content on this very forum way back in the day

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2022
    I don't think the message/advice was as aggressive as the response, in that example.

I also think a lot of people don't think messaging famous people is the same as messaging an average person. And I'm pretty sure places in Tumblr or Twitter have ways to block/ignore messages from people you're not expressly whitelisting (but maybe I'm wrong?). I wouldn't do something like the clipped message, but I lean more in the direction of it not being a big deal than you or Reese do, obviously.

Any time I make something I usually ask everyone that sees it for input and usually get none, so I've definitely got a different viewpoint.

well on the flip side, I don't think that response was at all aggressive. It was a funny joke, made in response to one example of a question/comment that I'm sure he gets a lot, knowing D&D nerds..

And to your other point - maybe people shouldn't differentiate so much between messaging 'famous' people (and 'internet famous' is a LOT lower bar than 'actual famous') and not-famous people???? It's not cool to be more of a jerk just cause someone has an audience.

tynic on
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Uh isn't the Ethan Page thing a joke based on his Twitter ego searches

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »
    Uh isn't the Ethan Page thing a joke based on his Twitter ego searches

It is, mainly because I would (until he tragically stopped vanity searching after he signed with AEW) regularly tweet about his matches without tagging him, but by writing "Ethan Page who is definitely reading this tweet," and waiting for him for inevitably like the tweet

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Hello, it’s me

Ethan Page

(Who is Ethan Page?$

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Ethan Page who is a pro wrestler who, even among pro wrestlers (a profession which, being made up almost of image obsessed carnies, and thus, is full of vanity searchers), was for many years known for the ferocity which with he vanity searched his name

You could tweet the name Ethan Page and generally he'd like it within at most a few hours

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular

I'm listening anyway

bad how?

Its about Chris Chan

do not look into chris chan

the post-4chan internet gossip sphere that the cult of Chris-chan spawned is honestly some of the most toxic shit I've ever seen in my couple decades on the internet

if it gives you any idea, K*wi F*rms, the place what routinely drives people into depressive spirals or even suicide, and even has active threads on at least one former PA forumer, is a spin-off of the CWCWiki Forums

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't understand anything said in the above post sequence but I think I'm gonna try and keep it that way

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    there's a special surprise for all you formula one fans in today's Shift F1
    this is going to be a one time thing but I figured if I'm going to have a name read on a podcast it needs to be the best name, and god knows it isn't mine

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Youtube tried to recommend a lot of videos from, and apparently this is a real term, "Christorians" who cover whatever the latest deal is with the creator of Sonichu.

Honestly at this point it feels like putting someone with mental health problems on display like at a freak show and I can't say I'm not uncomfortable.

• Options

I'm listening anyway

bad how?

I feel like they don't condemn the voyeuristic behavior they are talking about and instead are kinda just feeding into it by focusing so much on the target of said behavior instead.

It's gross.

• Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    I've been binging a podcast call Let's Stop There recently (formerly Amazon Book Club). Dunno if it's been mentioned here before, but the idea is that they pick up a (generally free on amazon) book and read the first, 25%, 50%, 75% and last page of it in an hour and try to make judgements based on just those 5 pages

If you like podcasts that are chaotic messes, where hosts leave mid-episode to deal with cat shit and the other hosts narrate, where each book feels like a fever dream, then I would recommend it

The hosts aren't particularly negative about the books they read and I think the author of Bigfoot Cop isn't out there trying to win awards so it's all in fun

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    I don't understand anything said in the above post sequence but I think I'm gonna try and keep it that way

Genuinely better off not going down that rabbit hole if you're not already so Terminally Online as to already know, there's a reason I censored that site name

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    there's a special surprise for all you formula one fans in today's Shift F1
    this is going to be a one time thing but I figured if I'm going to have a name read on a podcast it needs to be the best name, and god knows it isn't mine

Yeah I don't use this username anywhere else anymore because I'm trying to get a fresh start because part of my addiction was being way too attached to the perception people had of me as the Funny Internet Weedlord

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Oh! I am genuinely sorry then, I wasn't aware this was a sensitive subject. Should have checked it with you ahead of time but I figured it'd just be a nice surprise - I apologise if it caused any harm.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I've gone mostly offline so it would have been easy to miss if you haven't been watching like 1 or 2 threads

• Options
    tube's sins

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    SinTube

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Folks we did it, Sydnee is going to be President
    qibd5p43nqy81.png

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I know that primaries and midterms have generally dismal turnout but it is still startling to see a vote TOTAL of "the maximum occupancy at a Golden Corral"

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    for context that district has about 19000 residents

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    That appears to be a preliminary report, despite the 100% reporting tag. Ballotpedia has the total votes at around a thousand for both the Democratic and Republican primaries in the district, or about 10% turnout. Not terrible for a local primary.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    The democratic candidate for Governor here is named Blood, which is pretty sick.

Sadly, the only way she'd win is if fucking Herbster, who lost the primary to the non-trump endorsed dude, runs as a third party and splits the r vote. Which would be hilarious.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Apparently Behind the Bastards this week is about Chris-chan. Looks like I’m gonna skip this one, and keep my sanity and faith in humanity intact.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Probably the funniest (in a depressing way) primary story I know was a few years back the state rep for the chunk of PA I used to live in lost the R primary, then just ran as and "independent" in the general and won cause the Dems didn't even bother to run someone.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I live in Alaska where Republican Lisa Murkowski lost the primary for a congressional senate seat to a far right candidate, only for that candidate to get embroiled in some scandals, so she ran as a write-in and managed to win.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    the voyeuristic fetishization people have for the decades-long harassment of an autistic person is fucked

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    the voyeuristic fetishization people have for the decades-long harassment of an autistic person is fucked

Yeah this

This discussion has been closed.