As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch 2] OWCS Stage 1 Qualifiers in March

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I think I read various unsubstantiated comments about it being about playtime for Finale which is surprising since he's been better than Although so far. As for Muze, it seemed like it was an issue between him and head coach KDG. I've only heard good things about working with Muze from Dpei while they were on Glads together. Pretty sure KDG had a separate discord aside from the team server for the Korean players when he was with Fusion which is pretty messed up.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    It might be telling that KDG was dropped by Seoul and Philly despite those teams performing well with him as head coach.

Or it might be nothing.

*shrug*

• Options
    Toronto management and Muze himself have both refuted the reports of trade requests. Haven't seen anything from Finale but this just seems like people working through typical team game struggles. Something got leaked and it blew out of proportion.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    APAC runs 4 days this week, get those preds in

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    We're gonna get a real good look at Philly, Chengdu, and Shanghai this week. 4 straight back to backs for them.

• Options
    Philly vs Seoul
    Looks like the APAC circle of suck has been achieved. I didn't get to watch the match, but it sounds like Profit made Aimgod play respawn simulator.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    this week in APAC
    https://youtu.be/Vmn9asN-8AE

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I'm currently sitting at almost 60 points cause I've generally gotten at least 6/9 of each set, except i didn't do any picks for the first week cause I was out of town and my phone and laptop weren't logged on, and I still use a physical authenticator.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    APAC
    I think the Saltybet method might be the only way to get points out of APAC Pick 'Ems...

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    My APAC pick 'ems are doing fine so far this week.
    Except for Philly

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    I exaggerate. My Pick 'Ems are 4/6 so far this week. I'm sure you can guess which two I got wrong.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure it's physically impossible for me to get more than a 66% pick rate for APAC. Last week I went 6/9 and I'm 4/6 for this week (the same two as everyone else, I'm sure). And to be completely honest, there isn't a single APAC game for the rest of the weekend that I really feel good about. Maybe Seoul beating Shanghai feels like a pretty solid lock, but at this point who the hell knows.

• Options
    Been a while since I put one of these up. Video is a mixture of Overwatch 1 and 2.

https://youtu.be/EveoJmzTbmU

• Options
    4/6 APAC, same situation as Baidol. Got all 3 NA matches today too. 2 perfect scores total. Not bad.

• Options
    I wonder why APAC is so hard to pick. Like my prediction strategy is almost wholly uninformed, equally so for both, and I still tend to get APAC wronger.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Boy today's NA matches sure are...something

• Options
    London is so much fun to watch. I can't help but cheer for them.

• Options
    Because the Boston Uprising is a professional organization, I have them losing to Dallas tomorrow, but in a 3-2 rather than a 3-0.

I have Glads over Atlanta 3-2, but...
    ...after today's booming by London, I might tip that more in the Glads' favor.

• Options
    I think I'll give Boston a map, but other than the Houston loss Dallas has been looking pretty hot, so I can't quite justify more than that. Considering how things are going though, I won't be surprised when Boston sweeps them somehow.

• Options
    FLA/WAS
    I flipped to Washington late last night just before going to sleep, I'm such a fool.

Got all the APAC picks right so that's cool.

• Options
    Most recent day of APAC
    I was so close to putting the Valiant over the Hunters, but did not commit.

• Options
    APAC today ruined me. I only got the last one correct. At least it was a perfect pred...

• Options
    More APAC
    I had the 3-2 in the Philly/Spark game, just going the wrong way.

• Options
    I feel like I had a 50/50 shot at getting the first game right, went against my better instincts and paid the price.

There are just some teams you should never put your faith in, and I really should have known better.

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Gladiators pulling out the Rein comp against Atlanta after their match against London yesterday is hilarious.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    Didn't do fantastic this week. Went 15-5 across both regions, but I only got perfect preds on 3 of them and got both double-point matches completely wrong.

I went ahead and filled out my tourney preds today and locked them in. Didn't want to leave myself any wiggle room for second-guessing since that almost always ends up biting me in the ass. I ended up putting Dallas and Glads in the finals with Dallas winning it all. The way both of them have looked these last couple of weeks I don't think that's crazy, but I won't be surprised if things just go completely tits up.

• Options
    I have just managed to crack triple digits after a bad week 2.

• Options
    haven't done my bracket yet, will probably look over some of the games i didn't watch first, but i went 14-6 with 6 perfect preds

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    15-5 with 5 perfect picks. Sitting at 115 total points.

Should be a fun tournament weekend. Definitely gonna need to study up tomorrow to figure out that bracket.

edit: Also
    Diya getting his first win was beautiful.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    I also went 15-5 with 5 perfect picks this week. Currently sitting at 117 points.

I just made my bracket and have Shock and Seoul winning. I expect Dallas and Shanghai to actually win, but I chose to go with my heart.

• Options
    Well I'm at 116 now and I have Dallas and Shanghai so if nothing else the tourney should shake up our standings one way or another.

• Options
    Are group boards available yet? They said they were during the cast on the weekend but when I tried it said unavailable.

Not sure how they managed to make it stop working since last year.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    yeah it's the same as ever for me, nothin

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Heads up that Blizzard changed the losers bracket in the Pick 'Ems, so those need to be resubmitted.

• Options
    Maybe it'll let me actually save my picks this time

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I had trouble the first time I tried because of two things:

1) I missed the East/West tab
    2) I didn't realize the Grand Finals are first to 4 instead of first to 3.

• Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    I had trouble the first time I tried because of two things:

1) I missed the East/West tab
    2) I didn't realize the Grand Finals are first to 4 instead of first to 3.

My problem is that it wouldn't let me put the west finals to 4 points, but it required 4 points to save them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Did you scroll all the way to the right for the final? I could see that being easy to miss what with their being a ton of empty space after the winners final.

Weird bug otherwise.

• Options
    Oh shit, no i didn't. I didn't see how enormous the bracket was.

steam_sig.png