As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch 2] OWCS Stage 1 Qualifiers in March

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    yeah I spent a solid minute looking at the screen trying to figure out wtf I was doing wrong before I realized there was a little scroll bar at the bottom I was missing

this tourney is fucking huge and I've already accepted that all of my picks are gonna get knocked out in the first round

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I couldn't even see the scroll bar until I scrolled down enough to see there was a losers bracket. I kinda wondered why it looked like they were doing different formats for east and west.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    UltraPrime Academy (Guangzhou Charge's academy team) recently announced their roster and it's kinda nasty. Might actually be better than their main roster. It's basically Chengdu's bench and Team Chaser.

They've got Apr1ta, Jimmy, and Kaneki at DPS, Off and Xray at tank, Kyo and Xerneas at support.

Xerneas is Yveltal, which is a, *ahem*, legendary name change.

I'm not sure what the rules on on promoting players is but I think they only have to pay out a month of players salaries that are dropped so they could conceivably restructure their roster midseason.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    Oh shit Vancouver dropped their coaches! The world is healing! Speculation on who they hire? Reddit is feeling Dpei or GetAmazed.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    About fucking time. They've had the same coaches for years.

• Options
  • Options
    And for the triple post, private Pick 'Ems leaderboards are back. It looks like the one from last year (PA Scrimbux Exchange) is still working and I'm currently in the lead. B)

For now, anyway. My dumb brackets will probably drop me a few spots this weekend.

• Options
    I'm not seeing the leaderboards on mobile.

Is there anyone here that was not in the group last year that wants to be added when we're able? I could also make a new one if we can't have new people join.

• Options
    You have to refresh the page.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    I did!

Now it works, independent of the refreshing though.

If anyone that wasn't in it before wants to join here's the ID and password:

ID: pa-scrimbux-exchange
    Password: wang

edit: Regarding brackets.

I'm now seeing that I selected Philly and Seoul to knock out Hangzhou immediately and I already regret that decision. My rationale was that Hangzhou played Philly close and had to clutch out (and get a little lucky) to win and Playoff Profit will arrive. I just took my foolproof formula of never trusting both Philly and Seoul and threw it out the window.

edit 2: Just saw that Halo is reporting that Dpei will be hired by Vancouver. I've never been a huge Dpei fan, in that he seemed like a solid coach but not one that will take you to the elite tiers long term, but this should still be a major boon for the Titans. They've got several really good players, they just need some guidance.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    And for the triple post, private Pick 'Ems leaderboards are back. It looks like the one from last year (PA Scrimbux Exchange) is still working and I'm currently in the lead. B)

For now, anyway. My dumb brackets will probably drop me a few spots this weekend.

I defy anyone to have a dumber bracket than me. I have Houston losing to Dallas then coming back through the loser bracket to the finals.

Though I'm not crazy enough to have them winning the whole the thing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Surely, the Gladiators will make a lower bracket run this tournament.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    I have Gladiators losing to Dallas in the final after delivering Shock their first loss.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    ready and waiting for my preds to get shredded

i have fuel losing to and then winning against shock in the finals, then in apac i'm all in on Playoff P taking seoul through the losers bracket to win against spark

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Are 99% of brackets about to get immediately boomed?

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    MidniteMidnite Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Sure looks like it. I should've expected good Washington to show up.

Midnite on
  • Options
    Well, my bracket is safe but I'm sad that it is.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    uh...huh

so now that the tourney has started, are anyone's predictions showing up as not selected?

I definitely filled mine out, locked it in, and double-checked that it had submitted. But now all the matches are listed as 'not predicted'

so if I did fuck up somehow and it didn't save my picks, I guess I'm not getting anything from the tourney. damn...

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Picks reset a couple days ago because how the lower bracket was created was incorrect.

I would also check to see that you are logged in.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    oh it did? well then, guess I fucked myself by picking so early!

unless everyone else's picks end up being extremely bad, I'll probably be missing out on enough points that it kinda makes me not wanna play out the rest of the season. nuts.

(and yeah I'm logged in, it has all my previous scores and all that)

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I'm 7th in the group leaderboard!
    Of 7 people with any points.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm so happy they buffed Zarya's self knockback on her right click, and made that Hotba contest possible.

• Options
    If Grand Finals aren't on LAN I'll be very sad. Great day of games. Even the blowouts were entertaining with the crowd and some great casting. 3/4 on the day. Had the correct score but the wrong winner, just like their last matchup.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    HZS/PHI
    The end card bug rears it's head again. Kinda funny that it didn't come up until yesterday with ATL/FLA and immediately happens again. Push also just does not seem as imbalanced against first fight winners as everyone initially reacted to. I don't have a problem with giving a slight advantage to first fight winner cause, I mean, yeah you win the first fight then you get to push first, build more ult charge, and set up for your next fight so of course that's going to give you some snowball potential. We've had tons of Push maps go down to the wire in the past couple weeks so I think teams are just getting better at pacing themselves and understanding when you actually have the advantage, independent of bot progress.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    shd/seo
    also had a crazy close push game where they went back and forth so much the bot barely made any progress on either side most of the time

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    SEO/SHD
    HOLY

What a match. I'm feeling a lot better about Hangzhou going out against Seoul cause they looked sick. Shanghai just looked inevitable. The end of Lijiang Market was outrageous. Seoul clutches to deny the round win and Shanghai clutches right back to steal it. Then they dominate with the Rein comp on Control Center to close it out. WOW.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    shd/seo
    i would've walked away a lot more satisfied with the outcome had night (day?) market been the final round and everything else about lijiang played out the exact same way but yeah, heckuva series

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    woof my bracket is not lookin so hot

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    yesss, everyone crash and burn so I still stand a chance after the tourney is over!

my own preds would also be in absolute shambles at this point anyway, so I don't feel so bad about missing the cutoff

• Options
    i have no idea how bad pachimari works this quickly (GLA/DAL)

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    GLA/DAL
    I'm glad to see Gladiators performing up to their ability, but I refuse to put too much of my hope into them until elimination is on the line. That being said, I'll be perfectly happy to see them keep this up.

• Options
    Holy shit, Pelican.

• Options
    welp my bracket is gigaboomed but even more importantly i lost the house, the car, and the shirt off my back in avast's channel point predictions

at least i probably split the difference enough in my crystal ball picks

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Man I'm actually feeling pretty good about my APAC bracket now. Unfortunately I don't think I can score a single point in NA unless I get the finals right (They would be coming from opposite sides of the bracket but I would think it will still count?)

• Options
    can't wait for people to wake up and see the APAC results heheh

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    It's impossible for me to get any points from my APAC bracket at this point...

Edit: Though, both my crystal ball picks are still in it.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Wow I actually did pretty well at APAC. Just missed winners round 2.
    My west bracket is pretty busted though. I only got one right.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Apac
    Philly once again unstoppable on their march to #2

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    I've missed the live events.

n8Jdvq2.png