As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Do an impression of yourself!

Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
In this thread we realise how bad our posting habits are, like, for example, I use commas way, way too much.

Also I am terrified of making a paragraph. Instead I have to whack that enter key twice and carry on from there. I feel like I’ve written too much at once if it goes on to a second line in the post box. Gross, it’s happened right now.

What are your quirks? When did they begin? Do you use them everywhere or are you putting on an accent to look cool at the PA forums?

How do some of you start your sentences without a capital letter? Do you have to go out of your way to do that or are you posting via a steampunk typewriter that doesn’t automatically capitalise the first word?

At this point in a post a usually @ Peas.
@Peas
PEAS!

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    oof ouch oof I have been called out
    also you don't use commas too much, the writing style for forum posts is more conversational and the extra commas can help convey a cadence of speech better imo

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    If I could just post something without just filling it full of "just" and also other pointless words like also just so I could think for a second while I'm typing also just to get my point about although it's just not necessary also my sentences just run on.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    The reverend said I had to try and keep my abusive self recriminations private

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Like what even is a line break for?

I feel like if paragraphs made sense they wouldn't read so formally and non conversational.

In conclusion my positing style is perfect...

Except when I am nervous and start to be too verbose and over explain myself to the point where I repeat myself. I don't like repeating myself it makes me more anxious so I start doing it more like a weird cycle.

/End impression

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    oof ouch oof I have been called out
    also you don't use commas too much, the writing style for forum posts is more conversational and the extra commas can help convey a cadence of speech better imo

It’s true. I do talk very slowly in real life, with regular pauses, as if I am thinking very deeply about the topic at hand.

It’s why I have struggled my whole life with being considered competent by old and young alike.

Every day I am handed something I don’t know the name or purpose of, turn around, and then asked what it is and should be used for by someone beaming at me pleasantly.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    i,m gonna regret this gary

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    It depends on the board/thread

I’m very whiny and increasingly despondent in D&D politics

In SE threads I don’t use punctuation and have subconsciously and very poorly emulated Hobnail’s style (without the humor or wit or earthy charm)

In sports threads I’m just embarrassingly wrong about everything...in pro sports threads, Butters usually is the first to call me on it, while it’s ebum getting me in the college threads

Nothing but poop stories in the [kids] thread...literal drive-by shitposting

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Abolish punctuation marks

The elipses is to tempting

Also I don't know the different between to and too anymore it fell right out of my head recently

See also affect and effect

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

nc0yklld3og3.png
    When you gaze into the thread it gazes also into you.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    yeah hang on someone make a joke so that I can jump on the bandwagon with a worse version of it

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    yeah hang on someone make a joke so that I can jump on the bandwagon with a worse version of it

With something a million times worse?

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Go stick your head inside of a Ninja Blender™️ that's more or less what it's like to experience my posting

• Options
    Real talk my greatest post was in some funeral thread and I said to throw my still burning ashes into the eyes of fascists. I’m going to put it in my will.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Go stick your head inside of a Ninja Blender™️ that's more or less what it's like to experience my posting

disagree

What?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »

i laugh at all your dang ol posts, i rarely luagh at a Ninja Blender

• Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    My only good posts have pictures

bldlbg8adbfe.jpg
    ewuajnug6hkv.jpg
    ljbdnj78yecm.jpg

But not all of my good posts have pictures

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Used to give a unreasonable amount of ducks what people thought of me now I don't

My posts are still garbage tho

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Used to give a unreasonable amount of ducks what people thought of me now I don't

My posts are still garbage tho

i'll still take those ducks tho

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I have an accent to my posts that no one would ever hear from me in real life because social anxiety sucks.

I have no goddamn idea what accent it's supposed to be when I'm butchering the messages with my own wordisms throughout but every now and then something clear and concise comes through that isn't a result of crossed mental wires.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    If you're having trouble perceiving yourself from an outside perspective, I recommend Naikan: Gratitude, Grace, and the Japanese Art of Self-Reflection by Gregg Kretch. It's available through Hoopla, so you can probably get the ebook for free from your local library right now!

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    You see, the reasons we are encouraged to tear ourselves down through satire are always the results of the material conditions imposed upon us by capitalism

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    every post i make oughtta hang in the louvre

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    every post i make oughtta hang in the louvre

What about every breath you take

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    My relentlessly high quality posts are above parody.

• Options
    I also find it interesting, genuinely, that my username means nothing. It pertains to nothing in my life now or in the past. Yet, I am, at least for brief periods of my day, Endless_Serpents.

The underscore is only there because I didn’t realise you could have a username that just has a space in it.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Here's a thing I saw

no, don't make this personal, EVER

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I use ellipses too much, am too quick to post a grumpy negative comment over a positive one, and have a terrible memory so I probably repeat myself a lot on certain topics.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I use dots a .... lot

only four at a time

also, when I heat things in the microwave, I have to set the timer to a number with an even square root. every time I do it I get annoyed with myself and yet I know I will do it again.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Misunderstood the question, summoned a Soviet demonic doppelganger. So now I've got this self-imp Russian to deal with, thanks for that.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    tynic wrote: »
    My relentlessly high quality posts are above parody.

You were supposed to do an impression of your posts by posting some more perfect instagram quality food, nerd.

• Options
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Misunderstood the question, summoned a Soviet demonic doppelganger. So now I've got this self-imp Russian to deal with, thanks for that.

You are multitudes, I guess.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    seize the means of production and obliterate our masters

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    *sound of one million angry hornets*

Ya'll

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    There are some pretty spot on impressions in here

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I use to be the guy who did all the misspelling all the time. Thanks to just...getting less dyslexic, and spellcheck.

Now I just am the old guy who has been here forever and shows up to make comments and everyone just sort of glosses over.

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Shitted and farted

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Fuck I fucked up

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I say "like" like, a lot

also I type

with spaces instead of periods because that's how I separate sentences.

I feel like just making paragraphs makes it way too busy.

another thing I do is get like, way personal with my posts because I talk about upsetting/sad stuff in real life all the time why wouldn't I do it to people I don't even really know.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    also I double post pretty often

this is my real impression of myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J69udOCFRjw