As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Football/Soccer] - Harry Kane - Goals: 267, Trophies: 0

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Group D is getting interesting.

Loosely related. The fact that Perez apparently has is own personal judge in Madrid that just hands out judgments for him against UEFA is insane.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Nein
    good ebening

• Options
    Nein
    i think Liverpool vs Man City games should just start 1-1 in future

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    Wonder if Liverpool can win the title by beating all the lesser teams and drawing with all the best teams.

Y'know, Chelsea, City, Brentford.

• Options
    Nein
    a liverpool friend of mine is earnestly complaining that it's unfair that Chelsea get to be top of the table when both Liverpool and City are better teams

the level of brainworms some football fans have never ceases to amaze me

• Options
    CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular
    No again, but secretly you think yes but don’t want to jinx it
    As the most northerly Premier League team Newcastle should be top of the table in perpetuity

My reasoning is flawless

• Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    a liverpool friend of mine is earnestly complaining that it's unfair that Chelsea get to be top of the table when both Liverpool and City are better teams

the level of brainworms some football fans have never ceases to amaze me

I had one claim that because of Salah's goal they should be top and there should be bonus points system awarded to Liverpool.

• Options
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    If Liverpool want to be top they should consider not shipping in 5 goals over their last two premier league matches.

And I even root for the bastards.

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    What usefull purpose does the FA vetting process serve? Answers on a postcard to....

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Before letting a blood-soaked tyrant take over your club, find out how much is going into the transfer kitty.

• Options

Amazing.

• Options
    Lots of 'well what about City/Chelsea/Arsenal' going around.

I don't like any of it you fucking idiots! I don't go to matches any more or pay for Sky Sports, so my protests matter little in the scheme of things, but I'm still gutted.

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Nein
    This is darkly funny happening in the shadow of the Super League. Will be lovely to watch the Premier League and UEFA talk about the integrity of the game the next time their wallets are threatened.

• Options

I don't like any of it you fucking idiots! I don't go to matches any more or pay for Sky Sports, so my protests matter little in the scheme of things, but I'm still gutted.

Arsenal? Kroenke sucks but I don't THINK he's as as bad as the petrostate sportswashing clubs, unless I'm missing something.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Pellaeon wrote: »

Arsenal? Kroenke sucks but I don't THINK he's as as bad as the petrostate sportswashing clubs, unless I'm missing something.

There is always room for Jell-O!

• Options
    Pellaeon wrote: »

Err yeah I think I was originally making a different point and left Arsenal in there.

I support Gateshead now anyways

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Obviously, fuck MBS.

But if Newcastle get all this petrostate sportswashing money and still being midtable I might never stop laughing.

sig.gif
  • Options
    It would be extremely Newcastle to be the first club bought and then flipped by a petrostate all whilst never troubling the top 10

Imagine the scenes in six years when after the oil price drops through the floor the shares are bought for a pittance by…

Mike Ashley

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Is Shane Duffy good again Tav? He was pretty poor at Celtic last year, though that may not have been entirely down to him.

• Options
    Nein
    Is Shane Duffy good again Tav? He was pretty poor at Celtic last year, though that may not have been entirely down to him.

He's been great. Potter dropped him when he first took over at Brighton because he was poor at playing out from the back but he's really improved that aspect of his game and he's played every minute so far this season. He still turns like a truck but he's got great positioning and he's the goat at set pieces.

Celtic is, rather strangely, an absolute graveyard for Irish talent recently. Off the top of my head you have Duffy, Lee O'Connor, Afolabi, Luca Connell and Oko-Flex who've all failed to kick off there in the last few years. Liam Scales joined over the Summer and has played about 20 mins in the League Cup. Bosun Lawal is captain of Celtic B but lets see if that translates to breaking into the first team.

Luca Connell is the one I'm most annoyed about since he seemed to have the highest ceiling. He was playing Championship football aged 18, got an Ireland call-up, joined Celtic and then they almost immediately loaned him out to Queens Park in the fourth tier of Scottish football. The lad's agent should be shot with balls of his own shite for allowing that to happen.

• Options
    Uncle_BalsamicUncle_Balsamic Registered User regular
    Niet
    Lee O'Connor's been steadily not amazing at Tranmere

2LmjIWB.png
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Football!

• Options
    Fuckin' hate football.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Nein
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Fuckin' hate football.

Yeah it’s great

• Options
    Unless this is a blip that precedes a good run of form, as much as I like him and think he's been good for the club, I don't see Ole staying put for much longer.

Big Sam is still available, afaik....

sig.gif
  • Options
    Steve Bruce will be free soon.

• Options
  • Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    Mourinho reacting to the Man Utd result.

• Options
    Tav wrote: »

A mate of mine has a picture with Shaw, and the man is huge. Like a fridge with a sweet peg.

• Options
  • Options
    Spurs kit today is pretty ugly.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    At least they don't look like they washed theirs with City's.

• Options
    Game now suspended. A fan in the stands had a cardiac arrest.

• Options
    Nein
    nuno really went to the ref to complain about the stoppage

fucking hell

• Options
  • Options