As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Football/Soccer] - Harry Kane - Goals: 267, Trophies: 0

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Nein
    well now

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    This game is asking for a penalty to complete the hat trick

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    I know Lukaku will get the love on Chelsea's first today - and rightly so, that cutback was velvet - but Kovacic's move into space and then that pass? Lordy.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Nein

souness just got an embolism and he doesn't know why

• Options
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    Liverpool last season: don't need to buy a backup cb to replace lovren, well be fine!

*VVD cut down and out for the season, cue endless cb issues all season long.*

Liverpool this season: don't need to buy a backup mid to replace wijnaldum, we'll be fine, hell we have the wonder kid Elliot now!

*Elliot's ankle broken in a red card tackle from behind in the 4th match of the season*

Cool. Cool cool cool cool cool

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Pellaeon wrote: »
    Liverpool last season: don't need to buy a backup cb to replace lovren, well be fine!

*VVD cut down and out for the season, cue endless cb issues all season long.*

Liverpool this season: don't need to buy a backup mid to replace wijnaldum, we'll be fine, hell we have the wonder kid Elliot now!

*Elliot's ankle broken in a red card tackle from behind in the 4th match of the season*

Cool. Cool cool cool cool cool

I used to think that having 97 points and still not winning the premiership was the most Liverpool thing Liverpool could do, but they seem intent on making a fool out of me.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Nein
    i feel bad for Struijk

it was a fine tackle, he just got very unlucky

• Options
    Post game analysts suggested someone else tackled Mane the same way earlier and nothing happened so certainly possible it was a results based card.

I don't really have the stomach to go rewatch it myself so I'll take your word for it, gutted for Elliot either way.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Now a really important save during a Miami game

https://youtu.be/pwgkgkDW6Dw

Saved by the American flag. Almost a bit schmaltzy.

• Options
    Nein

we just scored this goal where the only explanation is the injured player kept him onside

if that’s the case *ahem* lmaoooo

• Options

UEFA really cares about the important things

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    'Different kind of expression' is certainly a way to phrase it.

• Options
    PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    American striker beats Man U in UCL opener (He prefers to go by Jordan Pefok, his mother's surname, but commentators keep referring to him by his father's surname, Siebatcheu):

• Options
    CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular
    No again, but secretly you think yes but don’t want to jinx it
    Oh Jesse

• Options
    Nein
    gug3o7zcrbo0.png

even without watching the game i can tell this is the exact moment things went to shit

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Nein
    United somehow find a way to lose to smaller club in the CL once again.

• Options
    Nein
    it's fine, we're going to batter Villarreal

this is the Champions League, Unai Emery has no power here

• Options
    Nein
    milan putting on a masterclass in The Score Is The Most Important Thing here

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Today's fun statistic is that Forest now have to appoint their 28th manager in 17 years.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    A band of merry men!

• Options
    Nein
    A good thread on Manchester United's midfield

• Options
    Nobody expects the red card Spanish Inquisition!

• Options
    Nein
    wolves’ new goalie looks a right ballbag

• Options
    Nein
    david moyes football genius

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Nein
    Watching Ole run on to the pitch while all the players were piling on Dave celebrating with him after what happened in the Europa League final... so beautiful.

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    Nuno has the air of a very sad, wise, dying Jedi

From the Guardian match report.

• Options
    Uh oh, Pochettino commited lese-majesty and took Messi from the field in his first home game
    GettyImages-1235367691.jpg?w=620

• Options
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    The song is equally about football being hosted in England again in 1996 so it technically already did come home in a very real sense

That was really good.

It’s going to be interesting to see how long it takes for the Super League to come slinking back.

I’m guessing the next try will start with a long PR campaign, to get the fans onside, since the owner’s ‘misjudged’ how the fans would react next time.

• Options
    Nein

not a bad aul goal to get the draw tonight

• Options
    Those 7 minutes when Manchester city trailed the Wycombe Wanderers was the best part of the season so far.

Alas it was not to last.

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
  • Options
    A 3-3 draw to stay top of the table? Sure

• Options
    Nein
    brentford are just really fucking great to watch

i saw someone before the season started saying that they were going to be Derby 07/08 levels of bad and boy has that opinion aged like a fine milk

• Options
    Nuno really settling into the Spurs manager role now.

• Options
    We won, and Jiminez scored an absolute beauty. Glory be.

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Fuck off where you belong, Spurs!

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Jaap Stam, gets canned. Huh, maybe coaching in North America is a different beast than Europe!

:so_raven:
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Nein
    Ugh. Covid border restrictions and the threat of another season being based away from home just resulted in Steven Taylor (ex-Newcastle), our captain and probably best player in our squad retiring rather than spend another season in New South Wales.
    Taylor said he felt his body could handle another couple of years in the A-League, but he did not want to spend another season in Australia, after the club announced last week the Phoenix would be based in New South Wales until at least January as current border restrictions prevent quarantine-free travel.

He said the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic had ultimately forced him into an early retirement, but he was also unhappy the Phoenix were only willing to offer him a one-year contract extension last season.

“100 per cent [I have retired] There’s no chance I would leave the Phoenix to go to another club. That would not happen,” Taylor said.

“If we were based in Wellington, 100 per cent it would be a no-brainer [to stay]. That’s why I signed here and I think everyone understands that.

“My team-mates understand that. They know how much I love playing in front of the Yellow Fever.

“Playing at Sky Stadium, that’s why I’m a professional footballer, for that atmosphere. It’s disappointing that I can’t do that.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options