[Football/Soccer] - Harry Kane - Goals: 267, Trophies: 0

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    No
    4eruhuqvg34e.jpg

Home Rule Rome Rule etc

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    You know what could help the NHS?

Well, yeah.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Nein
    not to be That Guy but international footballers always donate their international earnings to charity

England have been doing it for every match since 2007

• Options
    No
    Tav wrote: »
    not to be That Guy but international footballers always donate their international earnings to charity

England have been doing it for every match since 2007

And if they gave to a charity this time, fair play, no complaints. I'm just having political thoughts.

• Options
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    No
    Getting my poll vote in before the match.

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    No again, but secretly you think yes but don’t want to jinx it
    Pickford is from Sunderland, I'd be more surprised if he wasn't scrapping on nights out

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    Apparently the Italian team have landed in Luton, which feels far more disrespectful than booing their anthem.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    The Germany thing is a lame opinion, but Southgate is Boro, so I'm legally in his corner until they actually show some sort of puppy-kicking video.

Still doesn't mean I want England to win. But rooting for Italy is just . . . I can't do it and feel clean.

So in the end, I'm hopeful for a good game. A minimum of dumbassery and zero PK/VAR bullshit would be nice.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Nein

in case there was any wonder which way Derry was leaning

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Channel 4 was showing the 1966 World Cup final tonight. In colour, for what I gather was the first time. The print was in good condition too, some minor scratches but nothing distracting.

Unfortunately it had the ITV commentary track, so no "They think it's all over! ...it is now!" moment, but still very cool to see.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    ifwanqrksyhd.jpg

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    Still doesn't mean I want England to win. But rooting for Italy is just . . . I can't do it and feel clean.

tqpcpudu6v7a.jpg

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    an excellent example of an almost perfect post/sig combo

cew5qaogut5p.png

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
  • Options
    Nein
    that was some bad defending for the argentina goal

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Nein
    an excellent example of an almost perfect post/sig combo

cew5qaogut5p.png

Fffffffffff

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Oh hey, he did the thing

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Nein
    Oh man, so happy for Messi. You could see how much it meant to the whole team that Messi finally had success with them too.

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    The tabloids front pages today are dogshit. just incoherent, poorly photoshopped gibberish from people who plainly think their readers have a heavy concussion.

In one of them Harry Kane is Caesar, the famous uh Roman?

Bogart on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I'm surprised the Daily Express didn't run that Diana's spirit was cheering the team on from the afterlife

• Options
    No
    Ave Italia, Roma Invictrix

• Options
    Nein
    just saw that Chucky Lozano collision from last night and fucking hell that might be the worst refereeing i've ever seen

the ref's incompetence could be bordering on life threatening

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    My Spanish is rusty practically non-existent but I believe what they are saying is that he was given a yellow for simulation.

#lolconcacaf

• Options
    No
    Discussing tonight's match, my brother in law is of the opinion that if England loses, the weight of expectations will result in the team being crucified and Gareth sacked, despite this being the most successful team in a long time. Any chance of that happening?

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Discussing tonight's match, my brother in law is of the opinion that if England loses, the weight of expectations will result in the team being crucified and Gareth sacked, despite this being the most successful team in a long time. Any chance of that happening?

Well, England is a +155 dog, which works out to a 39%-61% split. So I'd put the chance of that happening at...60%

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    Nein

i can see it

english fans have basically spent the last three years shitting on him because he lost a World Cup semi final, not delivering a Euros after having the easiest possible run to the final would probably be enough for the sack

• Options
    edited July 2021
    No

i can see it

english fans have basically spent the last three years shitting on him because he lost a World Cup semi final, not delivering a Euros after having the easiest possible run to the final would probably be enough for the sack

Perhaps a culture that demands instant success despite systemic reforms taking time to play out is not the best?

Anyway, it's going to Rome etc.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    the Tories will somehow still gain seats though

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Nein

i can see it

Perhaps a culture that demands instant success despite systemic reforms taking time to play out is not the best?

Anyway, it's going to Rome etc.

i think a problem unique to international football is how seeding works because if you're a top team, over half of your games are easy wins because you're playing qualifiers against the likes of Faroe Islands and Gibraltar. This has gotten a bit better with the nations league but no one really cares about that so as it stands, you only play a handful of important games every two years and how your entire tenure is seen is based on that

england have won 15 and drawn 2 of their 18 qualifiers for the last two tournaments which is a phenomenal record, but really no one gives a shit an it's all down to how well you do in the knockouts

this goes for all major national teams, not just a knock on england

• Options

Nah.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    just saw that Chucky Lozano collision from last night and fucking hell that might be the worst refereeing i've ever seen

the ref's incompetence could be bordering on life threatening

Christ alive

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Buongiorno amici italiani

Now Playing:
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    Nein
    gabagool

• Options
    edited July 2021
    So after landing at Luton we then made Italy train at Spurs, thus bringing them under the ancient curse of being So Spursy. Absolutely no quarter given at all.

Bogart on
  • Options
    Ok, fellas, score predictions? Me heart says 3-1 England and my head says 2-0 Italy.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Nein
    I’m going to be wrong anyway so I’ll say draw.

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular

I'm not sure what will be worse for public order a win or a loss.