As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Queer] thread: A Gay ‘Ol Time

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Was idlly talking about music the other day with friends, and we were talking about the albums we listened to on repeat in the 90s.

and I was reminded of "Little Earthquakes" by Tori Amos. Specifically the song "Winter".

which dredged up all kinds of memories of my relationship with a person a year younger than me in high school. we flirted, we joked, we cuddled, we listened to Tori Amos, and we tried to pretend that we were learning Wicca and being all rebellious in ourselves and against our parents (specifically his father). And nobody really understood our relationship. We held hands in school, we'd cuddle as much as we could in French class (the desks in that classroom were super close together). We were just super duper affectionate with each other, but it never went any further than comfort (comfort? Like, they'd kiss me on my nose and i'd give them a peck on the cheek, but that was it.)

and I was remembering our relationship and how just out of the normal it was for our town and our area and how we had absolutely no words to explain how we were both so very comfortable just being affectionate and comforting, but not sexual.

(I'm using they pronouns because I don't know exactly where they ended up on the rainbow, as we lost touch shortly after I graduated high school)

But just.

I was wondering how much easier it might have been for me to settle into know that I'm panromantic if I'd even begun to have an inkling to that being a thing back then. Or even knowing that there was a difference between 'romantic' and 'sexual' preferencese.

I get that life is fucking shit for LGBTQ+ kids now, it always has been. but I can't help but wonder how much easier my life would have been, at least in that single relationship, or other relationships and friendships after, if I'd been able to point to a label and be all "see? totally really not interested in sleeping with 'your man'. just want some nice cuddles."

anyways, idle thoughts from a 40 year old woman, quietly regretting the panromantic cuddles I may have missed out on in my youth

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    first one that springs to mind is Misfile
    which is actually still updating in 2022? huh
    looks like the original story ended and the author started a new one at some point, same art style as fuckin' 2009 or whenever I first saw it on keenspot though.
    The only nice thing I can say about Misfile is that the protagonist actually hates it so it’s more like reading about a trans man. Although that was like…a decade ago so maybe it got worse but I recall it acknowledged Trans Day of Remembrance in 2009 so someone on there is trans or knew someone trans.

…it’s still not a good comic.

I do not vouch for or really remember much of Misfile, it's just the first thing that came to mind as "webcomic with genderswapped boy as the protagonist and that being a major component of the story"

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Celeste confirmed true

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Celeste confirmed true

you didn't believe them when they said being trans let you double jump.

Oh how the turntables.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    It's true, about a year ago I jumped and then thrust myself higher to catch a helium balloon that my nephew let go of. It's a handy feature.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I can't wait to visit the Antarctic Trans Empire y'all have founded. I expect the finest, crispest pickles found on Earth.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    frozen pickles be crisp as hell

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I sort of left SE a while back but sometimes I remember this thread and I'm newly enamored of how rad skirts are. I'm full on black skirt dark hat cane I am a sorceress/warlock

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Ffffffffuck

The person I talk to about brain medicine every month or so moved so there's a new person in. And they've got a speaking style that throws in a lot of 'sir's and 'my man's and gdi apparently now I gotta go through coming out to someone else. I guess the place doesn't have a line on a form for that or they never updated it because that was the first place I told. Maybe I can just tell my therapist tomorrow.

It's... a thing i'm gonna have to work on, clearly. Just wasn't expecting it in this context.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    OMG I wish a book like this existed when I was a kid, it would have helped so much:

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    It's true, about a year ago I jumped and then thrust myself higher to catch a helium balloon that my nephew let go of. It's a handy feature.

I opted for the grapple shot but maybe Ill respec

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Posting over here from one of my other communities.
    A trans girl euphoria anthem

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    I started HRT about a week ago finally. It has been an interesting ride so far. I don't know exactly what I am feeling, but less anxious and depressed maybe? Like just generically happier. I don't know exactly what I expected as a result of this. I never really thought I would be financially stable enough to do this so it was always just a dream of what it will be like down the road.

I will say there has been at least a couple of surprises. Like literally two in one case. I was trying to figure out what it would be like for boob development just for more curiosity than anything else. An odd google hole, and conversation with my beloved spouse later and apparently some of what I thought was a part natural body development... well it was and it wasn't. My beloved spouse seemed both exasperated and and happy when I broached the subject. Apparently they noticed this when we first started dating (a decade ago) but didn't exactly know how to bring up since I really dislike people talking about my body. The hows and whys of this have triggered nasty dysphoria when trying to research it so I am just going to take the win on this one. At least I am someone familiar with the titty pain I am going through again? Going to take some time to process this one. Tentatively happy and very confused.

I also have an insatiable potato craving. Baked potatoes specifically. Don't know what to make of that either. I know pickles is a typical thing, but that is off the table for me. The taste of pickles doesn't agree with me, but more importantly I am deathly allergic to dill. This might be a real problem come summer and I am not excited that my oven is heating up the room.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    the way the nervous system can figure out what kinds of compounds the body needs more of and translate that into a desire for the flavors of specific foods you can remember is always astonishing to me

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The pickle thing is related to salt, correct?
    Makes perfect sense a nice, baked potato with the skin rolled in sea-salt before going in the oven would work great as a substitute.

No personal experience with this so if my speculation is off-base I'm happy to be corrected.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    So today marks officially 10 years post GRS.

I should grab some rum

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    So today marks officially 10 years post GRS.

I should grab some rum
    @Psykoma Happy Re-birthday! :smile:

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I didn't end up getting any rum.

I did make a white chocolate shortbread cake witha strawberry vulva decoratiom.

• Options
    Switching to Estrogen pills.
    If anyone in the pittsburgh area wants 6 E patches no questions asked hit me up.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Greg Abbot has officially directed Family and Protective Services to begin investigating all trans children in Texas and prosecuting their parents as child abusers.

He has also instructed all teachers, doctors, and caregivers to begin reporting any trans students they see.

If you hare a "duty to report" in Texas, Texas is officially saying that you have to report trans youth to family and protective services or risk losing your job.

this is scaring the shit out of me

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Fuck Abbott, child murdering fuckstick.

Feels fitting I had my first injection two days ago, to spit in his eye.

• Options
    My neice asked why I dont visit since they moved to Texas and I had to tell her I didnt feel safe there.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I am trying to think of loopholes that families could try and use to protect their kids.

But I am too angry to think well.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I might not be understanding that right. It seems to be saying there are certain procedures already considered illegal, which people have to report?

The tweet makes it sound like any kid showing gender nonconformity needs to be reported.

I'm not suggesting either of those is good I just am not really clear what exactly it's saying.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    It's genocide.

reVerse on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I might not be understanding that right. It seems to be saying there are certain procedures already considered illegal, which people have to report?

The tweet makes it sound like any kid showing gender nonconformity needs to be reported.

I'm not suggesting either of those is good I just am not really clear what exactly it's saying.

Attorney general Paxton's opinion and Governor Abbott's letter have no legal effect, can't change Texas law, and can't override the constitutional rights of Texas families.

No court anywhere in the country has ever found that gender-affirming care can be considered child abuse.

Although these materials are not legally binding, they spread fear and misinformation and could spur false reporting of child abuse at a time when trans youth continue to be threatened by state leadership as part of a politically motivated misinformation campaign.

Texas isn't alone — dozens of states have proposed banning medical care for trans youth, including criminalizing access to this care.

There is a nationwide crisis of politicians using their power to attack trans kids, and we will use the full firepower of the ACLU to fight back.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    They're using the huge loophole they were handed on the abortion bill (it's not the state doing it, it's private citizens, our hands are tied!) to deputize people into hunting down trans kids and their families.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Basically Paxton (our scumbag AG) issued a legal opinion (which is just that, an opinion), that any and every kind of gender affirming care (including everything from surgery to puberty blockers to therapy) either is outright child abuse, or has the potential to be child abuse and should be investigated as such. Therefore, any healthcare workers/teachers/others with a "duty to report" would be required to report any signs of gender affirming care to the Texas's Family Protective Services.

Abbott's letter is further putting the screw on the Texas FPS leadership/bureaucracy to follow through and actually investigate these reports. They're basically forcing frontline healthcare workers/teachers/etc to risk loosing their jobs/face prosecution themselves if they want to treat/protect trans kids, while also threatening parents that support their trans kids with prosecution.

The entire thing is fucking abhorrent, and I cannot safely express my thoughts about this on a public forum.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited February 2022

3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    They're using the huge loophole they were handed on the abortion bill (it's not the state doing it, it's private citizens, our hands are tied!) to deputize people into hunting down trans kids and their families.

feels like they've realized that while they can't create a sundown state, they can encourage every town to become a sundown town

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options

There aren't any procedures that are 'illegal' per se. It's just about a bunch of transphobes trying to ban/make it illegal for doctors to prescribe puberty blockers, and continuing to spread the common lie about 'surgeries' being given to under 16's, which they are not, and never have been, same as in the UK, whilst also forcing paediatricians/social services to snitch on parents who support their kids to present as the gender they wish to at home and at school, and have those kids removed from their parents. :disappointed:

Greg Abbott is a fucking abhorrent monster. :neutral:

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Ok, thanks for the clarification

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services has opened an investigation into one of its own employees who has a transgender teenager after she was reported for alleged child abuse, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday. https://t.co/9JDG7tBp0t

Leopards. Faces. etc, et al, ad infinitum, ad nauseam

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I sincerely doubt that someone working in CPS with a trans kid was rooting for that guidance in the first place.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    I sincerely doubt that someone working in CPS with a trans kid was rooting for that guidance in the first place.

Or for Abbot in general. There are Dems and leftists in Texas.

• Options
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

Or for Abbot in general. There are Dems and leftists in Texas.

One of the most awful things certain liberals/lefty people do is that classic "this state elected a horrible politician who will bring pain and suffering upon their residents, therefore they deserve for bad things to happen to them, as a lesson/retribution."

As if election fuckery i.e. gerrymandering, unjust voter laws, unjust felony convictions, deliberately-underfunded transportation and polling locations, etc didn't exist in very notable ways in those same states.

The state of Georgia recently went blue in the last federal election with a lot of local grassroots work in Atlanta as the cause. Well the largely-hated senator (who came into power in a heavily corrupt and widely-believed-to-be-manipulated election) just pushed through an anti-trans youth sports law and one of the major counties in the metro area just got re-drawn by the GOP to tilt the scales back in their favor.

And yet that "well fuck those rednecks!" attitude persists in northern/blue states to blame the people working hard and suffering to fight the unfair system. The game is fucking rigged. If you're not helping, then at lease shut up.

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    emb2g82f9orq.jpg

Ya girl got orchi-ed

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    jaziek wrote: »
    emb2g82f9orq.jpg

Ya girl got orchi-ed

i always wanna make the comment that orchids are lovely flowers.

Hope your recovery goes well! 💜💜💜

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    I don't wish to alarm anyone, but re: the whole Texas situation, the federal government might actually be...doing...something?

Something good?

???

Huge response from the Biden administration on Texas taking trans kids from supportive parents. There's too much for one tweet but...

- Office of Civl Rights will make contact with parents/defend them

- Children's Bureau contradicts Texas CPS

- HHS demands HIPAA be followed

This is the first tweet of a thread that goes into more detail on what the Biden admin is planning.

Tweeter is a nerd from DC who's very pro trans rights.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    So people may or may not remember this, but there was an issue I discovered last summer at my company where they had expanded trans coverage to include ‘cosmetic’ services like FFS, hair removal, vocal surgery, etc, while simultaneously continuing to tell everyone that stuff wasn’t covered. Well, we finally resolved everything and were able to announce that people are going to get retroactive claims coverage backdated to the time this all started. Am seriously not sure I am going to ever accomplish anything professionally that is more important than this.

MsAnthropy on
    Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby