As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Queer] thread: A Gay ‘Ol Time

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    oh hey I see why, you look cool

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    It's a subtle hint trying to convince you to get a perm and go full Slash with it.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I came up with a joke can someone tell me if this is a) actually funny b) unintentionally offensive

Why do people who aren't male or female have trouble working with computers? Because they're non-binary.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I'd rather turn computers into the subject, also makes the joke funnier (it's the computer which is binary, not the user)

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Why do so few computers use they/them pronouns - they haven't yet figured out being non-binary

is how I'd write that joke, for example

• Options
    Yeah I was struggling with the phrasing and wanted to workshop it.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I’m really struggling with this programming course I’m on, I keep trying to code non-binary.

All the computers at work are binary, you can tell because half of them have little pink bows on and the rest wear baseball caps.

Bit of a stereotype, but non-binary people really struggle with computers. I don’t know why but I just thought I’d let you know. It’s like gingers with sunlight.

A lot of people say computers don’t have souls, like cisgender people—they’re both binary. Please don’t cancel me cis folks; I’m not ready for a Netflix special.

Lot of people think all computers are the same. Not true. Weird thing, I actually bought a non-binary computer the other day… and it’s running fine.

My friend tried to jack into the Matrix the other day. Timely reference I know roll with it—Could not do it. It’s all in binary, 0s and 1s, and let me tell you, they own an antique cuckoo clock and a pair of glittery bowling shoes! So that’s me saying my friend is non-binary but there’s not a lot of established reference points yet.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Analogue computers are non-binary.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I’m sorry I don’t actually know anything about computers.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    facetious wrote: »
    I came up with a joke can someone tell me if this is a) actually funny b) unintentionally offensive

Why do people who aren't male or female have trouble working with computers? Because they're non-binary.

Fl4k in Borderlands 3 is they/them nonbinary( in honor of their designer )
    Fl4k is also a robot

The joke has many levels youre fine

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I dont know if this person is insane or not but I like their energy

• Options
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    The absolute institutional obliviousness to not realize that the first thing is directly responsible for the second thing is just...

It's not surprising, of course. More just...depressingly impressive.

(Which also of course ignores that plenty of people still have to hide who they are at work, it's not like it's a solved problem.)

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    huge dubs for all involved

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The issues of police hostility are because they fucking abuse the law and also murder people with impunity. "We're a bunch of fascist jerkoffs" is not that complex

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    They’re mad because if they don’t go in uniform they can’t get paid for it.

That’s it! That’s the reason.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Damn it sounds like they should quit their fuckin jobs, then there'd be no issue

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Or they can wear their cop polos or whatever, as suggested by the march.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, there is no problem with just, cop shirts or whatever.

But they have to be in uniform to be considered on the clock so uhhhhhh it’s copist.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I cannot deal with them describing it as being forced 'back in the closet'. Fuck all the way off and keep going.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Truly cops are the most persecuted minority.

• Options
    Apparently all the cops in pittburgh are nearing retirment age and theres no replacements.

So good time to move here and overthtow the city council so we can gut the dept

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Up in the city looking at apartments and the cute enby I’ve mentioned before invited me to a drag show they were running for their job. It was a lot of fun! It was my first time being around a bunch of queer folk. I wore my getup I had posted here with the addition of a pride bracelet my sister gave me. I felt very naked at first but eventually started to feel cute. They also told me I was very very cute. And they were also super cute. It was our first time actually meeting. We’re not dating or anything yet, but here’s hoping. <3

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Had the follow up at the surgeon's office since getting the boob job. Was good, turns out the cheapie post-op bra I got from target is crap (so surprise) so now I have a couple of proper Marena ones. They're not cheap, but they're a lot cheaper than the surgery and given I'm going to be basically living in them 24/7 for the next 6 weeks or so, totally worth it, so much more comfortable. Also I have a strap over the top to add downward compression, or as I'm going to be telling everyone, because they kept leaping up and attacking passers by.

Ultimately though they're healing well, everything is still really tight and not the most comfortable but I'm down to only sometimes seeing them side on in the mirror and thinking 'oh god what have I done', so that's good. Once they settle in and settle down, things will be much better.

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    As a follow up, I got an apartment in the city (Rochester, specifically. Not sure why I’ve been coy on that). And I got it in a very heavily queer neighborhood according to the enby I’ve been mentioning (I did see a lot of pride flags when I walked to the showing after spending some time checking out the area beforehand). I had been a bit anxious as I had secured a job there, but was afraid I might not find an apartment before I started.

And the cute enby is excited to introduce me to a lot of their queer friends and such. The drag show the previous night was actually at a gay bar and was to drive funding for an organization supporting queer youths, and I’m real excited to get to know this lovely community. Just really riding that high and hopefully things keep going well!

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    s6ntrdz570u7.png

Oof.

(It's the remaining 80% of my FFS bill)

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    s6ntrdz570u7.png

Oof.

HOLY CRAP

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I live in America, I don't know if that's a lot.

edit: Exchange rate aside, I mean. Prices for everything in the US are kinda fucked to really fucked (depending on insurance).

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »

edit: Exchange rate aside, I mean. Prices for everything in the US are kinda fucked to really fucked (depending on insurance).

it's not a lot for america but is for everywhere else

• Options
    Psykoma wrote: »
    s6ntrdz570u7.png

Oof.

My premium is about 5000. Im hoping I can get the surgeries I want all over the course of a year and with a payment plan so its not as bad

• Options

In comparison, three years of braces / orthodontic appointments almost every month was 4k.

• Options
    MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

it's not a lot for america but is for everywhere else

Definitely not a lot for the US. I was quoted $80-90k for it without insurance. Same procedures through Facial Team in Spain were quoted at ~ $30k without insurance.

Now if I had known that my insurance plan covered the procedures it would have run me probably only the max out of pocket of $5k, but I didn’t find out until I had already reserved my slot overseas and the backlog to get rescheduled for another US consult was months after my scheduled date. So am still working out authorization for some reimbursement of out of pocket expenses rather than delaying things by 18 months. Gotta love my company effing up all of their online insurance materials.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Options
    Also note this is just for forehead, I'm not having anything else done

• Options
    this is the first year i'm legit scared to put out a pride flag

feels nice to be suddenly back in the 80's, am i pretty again

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Oh I live in Rochester. It is pretty gay here

• Options
    My boob job was about A$12k, not covered under any of my insurance because it's considered a cosmetic surgery.

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    this is the first year i'm legit scared to put out a pride flag

feels nice to be suddenly back in the 80's, am i pretty again

I wanna buy a pin but I feel like Ill get jumped

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Truly surprising everyone, i'm getting cold feet regarding requesting to change my name at work to Pixel to be more obviously enby because my masc name is getting me misgendered.

• Options
    Get some metaphorical socks on and go get what you want!

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Pretend I made a good pun involving resolution that is also inspiring

Fencingsax on