As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Lego] Thread - Adults Welcome

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Yeah here's hoping they don't change the jazz dudes too much, I love the design of them

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    For the Office set I would rather have it be descrete scenes. Like a larger Michael Scott office, then the front desk with pam, and Jim and dwight's desks. Maybe the conference room or lunch room so you can have the rest of the minifigs. I don't know if I need the entire office floor. It's just so flat.

Oooh it needs a forklift and baler thrown in, with a Craig Robinson mini-fig on crutches.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I can't imagine it will stay like that for the final release. At the very least I think they are gonna need to add the stage lights and such. :) Though.. I don't know much about the Office, did they film in a studio, or was it filmed truly like a documentary in a real building?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I can't imagine it will stay like that for the final release. At the very least I think they are gonna need to add the stage lights and such. :) Though.. I don't know much about the Office, did they film in a studio, or was it filmed truly like a documentary in a real building?

First season was a real building, then sets afterwards.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    But the conceit isn't that it's in front of a live studio audience, but rather filmed by a documentary crew. They might not keep up the set dressing stuff.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    A lot of the rejected sets are really, really beautiful. I'm pretty disappointed by some of those getting rejected.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    That Office set just looks dull; a big ol' grey flat space with identical desks in it. I think the main draw would be the twenty-or-so minifigs, because that pictured set doesn't even include the entire main room the show takes place in.

I think it's also worth mentioning that there's a second "The Office" set in the rejected list, so it appears there are 10k people who just want an Office-branded set no matter how it looks.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    A lot of the rejected sets are really, really beautiful. I'm pretty disappointed by some of those getting rejected.

0AA2Y04.png

I really wanted these fish

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I would 100% have bought those fish for my wife.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    If they can't get the Snow White license I hope they release just that house or a similar build, it looks so good

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    I'm so mad the succulent garden didn't make it. It'd be perfect with the botanical line.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    i want more complex lego heroica stuff. like why isn't there better DnD cross-over with lego...come on WotC and Lego, quit letting me down!

Because Hasbro.

No seriously. Lego is the #1 toy brand in the world, Hasbro is #2. So naturally there's no way in hell they will ever work together (though I'm sure Lego would be open to it).

Case in point: Kre-O.

Y7OrtvAl.jpg

I still don't get why they res'd drizzt. as this was where they first did it, I know forgotten realms is the more popular books for D&D but still I would have paid good hard earned money for a beholder or Tiamat

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    If they can't get the Snow White license I hope they release just that house or a similar build, it looks so good

Would they need to license Snow White? I mean, it's not exactly a recent story.
    Still, probably better safe than sorry where The Mouse is concerned.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    What we need is a full on UCS Xwing and BWing!

I already own two UCS X-wings and one B-wing. Give me some UCS capital ships, like the Nebulon B.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Given how many different Disney properties are or have been sets and minifigs, I can't imagine that licensing the Disney version of Snow White would be difficult for them.

• Options
    pezgenpezgen Registered User regular
    I'm so mad the succulent garden didn't make it. It'd be perfect with the botanical line.

I’d guess that’s one of the reasons why it was rejected - they’ll have their own equivalent in the pipeline

• Options
    ouchiesouchies Registered User regular

How do the specifics of TV rights licensing work? The only two other TV-based sets that I know of are the Friends set and the Seinfeld set. Those were both the most popular shows on NBC during their run, and the Office was one of NBC's most popular shows in later years, and it's of course become even bigger with streaming. I wonder if there is any sort of deal between Lego and NBC for their properties, or if it's just a coincidence.

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    ouchies wrote: »

How do the specifics of TV rights licensing work? The only two other TV-based sets that I know of are the Friends set and the Seinfeld set. Those were both the most popular shows on NBC during their run, and the Office was one of NBC's most popular shows in later years, and it's of course become even bigger with streaming. I wonder if there is any sort of deal between Lego and NBC for their properties, or if it's just a coincidence.

The Office is based on the BBC show though, so that might complicate rights for merchandise etc. compared to the properties that are fully owned by NBC.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    so I was like "hey it's double VIP points again, and that pirates set I keep mentioning is reportedly retiring soon, I think I'm gonna snag it"

and my girlfriend was like "ok well if we're doing a lego order for sets retiring soon, let me take a look at the other ones retiring soon"

long story short here's how we just... Gained 5200 VIP points! Yeah that's how to frame it!

ln4kbi9j16bz.png

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    We don't talk about it often here, but Lego sure has a lot of different series going on now. I wonder if all of it is successful or if some series are the money makers that allow them to release some more limited niche sets or take risks with franchises that might not be as popular as they hoped. Like I saw they have WW '84 sets and I just can't imagine those are doing well.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Lest we forget (try as we might), Lego also did a Big Bang Theory set.

And the owner of a show isn’t necessarily the network it airs on. Friends is WB, which has a decent relationship with Lego already.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    We don't talk about it often here, but Lego sure has a lot of different series going on now. I wonder if all of it is successful or if some series are the money makers that allow them to release some more limited niche sets or take risks with franchises that might not be as popular as they hoped. Like I saw they have WW '84 sets and I just can't imagine those are doing well.

Like new ones?

I saw 1 box for WW84 back in 2000 (if not earlier) and it just sat on the shelves... They often have just single set tie-ins for movies.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options

Like new ones?

I saw 1 box for WW84 back in 2000 (if not earlier) and it just sat on the shelves... They often have just single set tie-ins for movies.
    Oh huh, seems to be just the one. It looked like different sets on display, but it's just this one. Obviously a tie-in for the recent movie with Gal Gardot.
    https://www.lego.com/nl-nl/product/wonder-woman-vs-cheetah-76157

• Options
    Yup. It has a very different look front to back, but it's the same kit.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I'm about 2/3 of the way through the ?Block build. This thing might be the coolest set Lego has ever designed.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

Like new ones?

Oh huh, seems to be just the one. It looked like different sets on display, but it's just this one. Obviously a tie-in for the recent movie with Gal Gardot.
    https://www.lego.com/nl-nl/product/wonder-woman-vs-cheetah-76157

There is also this one which was supposed to be 2020 Con Exclusive. They silently launched it at Walmart and still is on the website.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-DC-Wonder-Woman-77906-Building-Toy-Model-Featuring-Wonder-Woman-Cheetah-and-Etta-Candy-255-Pieces/938776755

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Bonsai tree remains a fun set. I wanted to buy a bunch of fall-colored leaves and branches from pick-a-brick, but following the spirit of the examples in the manual I decided to use the pieces I already have lying around.
    qjx4aym852th.jpg

• Options
    RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »

I already own two UCS X-wings and one B-wing. Give me some UCS capital ships, like the Nebulon B.

A lot of fans such as myself got into the Lego Star Wars game a bit late, and only just started collecting the UCS starfigther sets with the Y-Wing and A-Wing, so we're still missing the X-Wing and B-Wing.

I'm a bit mad at myself for missing out on the UCS TIE Fighter but honestly I'm more interested in completing the Rebel Alliance starfigther fleet at this point.

• Options
    Raiju wrote: »

A lot of fans such as myself got into the Lego Star Wars game a bit late, and only just started collecting the UCS starfigther sets with the Y-Wing and A-Wing, so we're still missing the X-Wing and B-Wing.

I'm a bit mad at myself for missing out on the UCS TIE Fighter but honestly I'm more interested in completing the Rebel Alliance starfigther fleet at this point.

Understood and I get it, the UCS ships only come out at a pace of like, one per year and only stick around 2-3 years, so it is easy to miss out. Being that the most recent X-wing was in 2013-2014, I expect we'll see a new edition in the next few years. Given that the B-wing is a niche ship, I doubt we'll see a second UCS of it.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Raiju wrote: »

Understood and I get it, the UCS ships only come out at a pace of like, one per year and only stick around 2-3 years, so it is easy to miss out. Being that the most recent X-wing was in 2013-2014, I expect we'll see a new edition in the next few years. Given that the B-wing is a niche ship, I doubt we'll see a second UCS of it.

Yeah I'm in the same boat, but I think you've got it right. The Nebulon B couldn't even win that contest for the last UCS and I don't think there's more demand for the B Wing than that.

I would be satisfied with a UCS X, Y and A Wing, but also want a Mon Cal Cruiser.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    The UCS A-Wing is in production right now but is set to retire at the end of the year. So I would snag one ASAP if you can.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

There's a good chance that was rejected because its similar to a plan. With how well the botanical line is doing they probably don't want rando Ideas sets in it.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    I'm about 2/3 of the way through the ?Block build. This thing might be the coolest set Lego has ever designed.

Fine, I'll order one - I do enjoy the intricate moving parts sets like the typewriter

Oh dear, the Stranger Things set is retiring soon, and I enjoyed that show...

And a ship in a bottle would be an appropriate bit of decoration to go with my map of the ocean...

Noooooo
    Yeeeesssss

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    New Lego Art Project is now up for pre-order.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/art-project-create-together-21226?icmp=HP-SHH-Standard-LAR_Hero_21226_Pre_Order_Product_HP-PR-LAR-ZVJ9167TXK

Also, they have an offer for VIP of a free "Rebuildable Flying Car gift for VIPs with purchase over $120, valid 10/18-10/24."

Edit: Just found out that if it is 1 cent away from the freebie they give it to you. So if you order that set you get the free car included. Just make sure that it shows up in your cart before checking out.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    Mos Eisley came a day early, so..... I shouldn't build it all tonight, right? Pace myself, etc?

• Options
    Lego on discount at the Kruidvat. In case you're in their general area. @Dizzy D

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I didnt get the Gingerbread house during the double points because I was thinking, I can only make one big LEGO purchase for the rest of the year. Home Alone HAS to be timed with Christmas.

...AWWWWWW YEAH

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/d528ac2e-a094-49cc-bd54-325e625faee2

Largest Lego ideas set ever at almost 4,000 pieces.

The set has a new mechanism for opening.

It comes in 24 bags designed to start on Dec 1 and finish it Christmas eve - and the bags build in order with the movie. $250.;

Its incredible.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    Tiago has an early review of the Home Alone house set:

https://youtu.be/LOjUkBOgx9c

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    The way the walls open is so cool.

I have the Simpsons sets (the House and Kwik-E-Mart), and the biggest drawback is on display they just...sit. Big hunkin' bricks. There's no real way to show off the interiors without taking them down and like, standing above them.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I didnt get the Gingerbread house during the double points because I was thinking, I can only make one big LEGO purchase for the rest of the year. Home Alone HAS to be timed with Christmas.

...AWWWWWW YEAH

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/d528ac2e-a094-49cc-bd54-325e625faee2

Largest Lego ideas set ever at almost 4,000 pieces.

The set has a new mechanism for opening.

It comes in 24 bags designed to start on Dec 1 and finish it Christmas eve - and the bags build in order with the movie. $250.;

Its incredible.

The bags and build order are clever. Now someone needs to buy it and do a daily log of their build.

oosik_betsuni.png
This discussion has been closed.