As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Lego] Thread - Adults Welcome

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Yeah, 2022 is sure lining up to be another expensive Lego year. Not that I'm complaining since I am enjoying their stuff lately.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    Reindeer battle pack is a go.

244dgwci3jss.jpg

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Uh. Have we talked about next year's modular city building? Because I just found it on the Lego website and not seen it anywhere.

Boutique Hotel
    kfi3ujelutei.png

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/boutique-hotel-10297

The french restaurant has a neighbor finally!
    Really of the sets I know I want to get now [Mandalorian Starfighter, Fett's Vette, Imperial shuttle, flower bouquet, guardians’ ship and the blacksmith} I kind of plan on getting after the holidays
    the real problem is sadly I know they will become accidental investments because I lack the room to build them and I have several modulars...

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    I've been doing the Home Alone house advent calendar style and taking a picture from the same position after each bag, so I should get a decent timelapse when its over.

Last night included the front stairs, Kevin and the sled.

The engineering and brick placement involved to ensure that EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. you push the sled down the stairs it shoots out the front door like in the movie is INCREDIBLE.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    I want it just for the tentacle monster.

LEGO-Marvel-Doctor-Strange-in-the-Multiverse-of-Madness-Gargantos-Showdown-76205.jpg

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Maybe spoil that one

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Not a movie set, but a Lego 3 in 1 creator set that people have noticed is very realistic, maybe nsfw ? specifically the tiger from this set
    P-gEoQVY4oIyybNCsXS-24fJo6vN6Qzv7eW6ScoJWGc.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=adfbf273345b9da2cfc665768c58f53886c9acbd

the tiger from another angle..
    uxbpc13vvj381.png?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=13b9accbe469b95b1f74653ff905f43da86f011f

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Marvel Advent Calender
    I'm currently torn on this calender. I kind of like how its building a party tableau for Stark Towers, but in general I like them to be more stand alone. I do love the Spiderman mini-fig though.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Maybe spoil that one

They announced the character/monster same day as the set appeared (and it's listed on Lego site).

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    pezgenpezgen Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Maybe spoil that one

They announced the character/monster same day as the set appeared (and it's listed on Lego site).

Lots of people try to avoid those kind of spoilers, though, so throwing spoiler tags around it in a thread that isn't about the MCU is just good manners.

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Oh man! That lunar research base looks so cool! It’s definitely going to be a birthday present next year. I’m annoyed they’re making yet another rocket launch set. I think it’s the third iteration on that theme that I’ve seen. Give me a mars helicopter or lunar mining base instead.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    My UCS AT-AT arrived last week, but I have not had any time to take it out of the box or build it. :bigfrown:

Here is the first photo to share.

UCS_AT-AT_01.jpg

They shipped it in the box that is to protect the display box (thus the label on the outside). Next step is to actually take it out of the box and hopefully set aside some time to work on it.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    That Dr. Strange kit:
    No Bruce Campbell minifig. Boo.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I've never sold Lego, are Lego Technic sets from the 90s popular?
    How do you determine what a set is worth? I don't want to sell to scalper, how do you avoid those?
    I know that Bricklink is popular in The Netherlands/EU, but is a set like this https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=5664#T=S&O={"iconly":0} really worth €90,- to someone?

I think I have all that stuff still in storage at my parents and my FIL had some Technic sets donated to him.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    That set was one of my unicorns when I was into Technic... I'd probably pay $100 for it if it's complete, alas I'm out of room for them. D:

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    "Stay on target!"

xr8ggusiqiqh.jpg

• Options
    Raiju wrote: »
    "Stay on target!"

xr8ggusiqiqh.jpg

Santa's Visit has a whole new meaning.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    I've never sold Lego, are Lego Technic sets from the 90s popular?
    How do you determine what a set is worth? I don't want to sell to scalper, how do you avoid those?
    I know that Bricklink is popular in The Netherlands/EU, but is a set like this https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=5664#T=S&O={"iconly":0} really worth €90,- to someone?

I think I have all that stuff still in storage at my parents and my FIL had some Technic sets donated to him.

Search EBay by the set number for items that sold. That’ll give you a good sense of the current prices people have actually paid.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

Good God. The dystopian police state that is Lego City just keeps getting scarier and scarier.

akdfnP2l.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    what are you talking about

the cops are all perfectly friendly

• Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Raiju wrote: »
    "Stay on target!"

xr8ggusiqiqh.jpg

Santa's Visit has a whole new meaning.

Strafing your house with holiday cheer! Also handy for a Death Star trench run or two.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Get a robot head piece for the Santa and you've got the makings of a Futurama set

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    That is a hell of a testament to how strong those legs are.

I wonder if they planned for little kids to ride the AT-AT or something? Or at least similar destruction tests.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    All the stability of an AT-AT, and the legendarily unsinkability of The Titanic - the perfect machine

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    hey if the real life titanic had giant legs it could have just kicked the shit out of that iceberg using jiu-jitsu

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    hey if the real life titanic had giant legs it could have just kicked the shit out of that iceberg using jiu-jitsu

Well the Rebels would know how to take it down at Hoth. Snowspeeder, tow cable, and a huge chunk of ice.

I'm thinking of these lines:

"Distance to iceberg?"
    "One-seven, decimal two-eight."

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Not a movie set, but a Lego 3 in 1 creator set that people have noticed is very realistic, maybe nsfw ? specifically the tiger from this set
    P-gEoQVY4oIyybNCsXS-24fJo6vN6Qzv7eW6ScoJWGc.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=adfbf273345b9da2cfc665768c58f53886c9acbd

the tiger from another angle..
    uxbpc13vvj381.png?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=13b9accbe469b95b1f74653ff905f43da86f011f

This is one of the pigs at Lego Land.
    lr1zh2reu8u2.jpg

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    https://brickset.com/article/67728/series-22-collectable-minifigures-revealed!
    Girl with foal
    Figure Skater
    Bard
    Wheelchair Racer
    Raccoon Suit Girl
    Birdwatcher
    Chilli suit girl
    Acorn boy
    Ice Warrior
    Moon Warrior
    Space Alien
    Robot

29hxevqcn4re.jpg
    bh7czwy5p6mx.jpg
    dp0n5efdvm3e.jpg

Brb, making a D&D character to use Moon Warrior for.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I finished the Daily Bugle after a long delay!

icpfUFml.jpeg

Somewhat dominates the entire Lego City... Hmmm...

Edit, btw, this isn't even the true full height! I trimmed the antenna array on the roof because it couldn't fit on either level!

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    We need to get you the gardens to finish off that city, STAT.

• Options
    I have the Gardens too! Been hesitating on starting em because I'm unsure on wether both pieces will fit on the shelf! Going off the baseplates it should, but both City and Gardens upper levels extend out wider over their bases.

I think if I omit the little shrine plate, it'll fit...

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    I finished the Daily Bugle after a long delay!

icpfUFml.jpeg

Somewhat dominates the entire Lego City... Hmmm...

Edit, btw, this isn't even the true full height! I trimmed the antenna array on the roof because it couldn't fit on either level!

That is a clever and awesome way to display your sets.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Added a net covering to tie down Santa's presents on the sleigh.

z3syznjr9r0z.jpg

Santa Claus: "Oh no no! The Empire is definitely on the Naughty List this year!"

8pk2te4h210t.jpg

Santa Claus: "Ho Ho Ho! Payback's a bitch, Imp!"

sfb2c2jv16sk.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2021
    I also recently built the play scale Imperial Shuttle Tydirium (I believe it's a set from 2015) and really love it (looks better than the latest, smaller 2020 version, IMHO). I was trying to figure out how to display it with its unfolded wings fully deployed and hit on the idea of using the display base that came with the Amelia Earnhart GWP set. Built a stand using brackets and tiles and it's sturdy enough to hold up the shuttle.

cqm46fdsa8ha.jpg

0ypmjfy8rwyo.jpg

Raiju on
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Huh, looks like another design flaw has been found in an official Lego set. This is a Marvel set, I think for the upcoming Dr. Strange movie; the article doesn't show much in terms of spoilers, but I think it's in reference to a set that itself contains spoilers. Be aware, in other words.

https://brickset.com/article/68334/possible-design-flaw-found-in-2022-super-heroes-set

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Parents found this, it must have been out of production for a while or I would have seen it on the website before. You'll be glad to read that they stack perfectly.
    qqwzj8dkxe4o.jpg

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ene40NembOk
    UCS AT-AT Motorized Work in progress

it begins

• Options
    I finally got around to taking photos of all my VadersVault original trilogy lightsabers with their Lego MOC hilt counterparts (courtesy of Demonhunterbricks on Etsy). The scale is pretty close to 1:1 on most of them.

ajgwwak5k7bi.jpg

This discussion has been closed.