As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    MNC Dover wrote: »

There's also a glowing Triforce on the back thanks to light piping from the backlight.

https://youtu.be/n-OvGw_8-kY

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    Motion controls are going to feel wrong for an hour or so. But personally I am absolutely in love with the feel of the stick for gross movements and the gyro for fine aiming; it's about as precise as you can get without a mouse.

It's a really good setup once you're used to it, yeah. It's easily the best first-person aiming on a console.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    Motion controls are going to feel wrong for an hour or so. But personally I am absolutely in love with the feel of the stick for gross movements and the gyro for fine aiming; it's about as precise as you can get without a mouse.

I just wish I could keep the R stick control on with the motion controls. It's wild that they disable it, I don't understand the logic. D:

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Yikes on the GTA Definitive Edition getting compared to Cyberpunk 2077 in plenty of places. Lots of refund requests flying around and I'm sure the thing is getting review bombed everywhere too.

Was looking forward to getting this eventually but it sounds like it needs a lot of patches.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »
    Yikes on the GTA Definitive Edition getting compared to Cyberpunk 2077 in plenty of places. Lots of refund requests flying around and I'm sure the thing is getting review bombed everywhere too.

Was looking forward to getting this eventually but it sounds like it needa a lot of patches.

I still think it’ll sell like crazy. Meanwhile I’d love to see Metroid get half its numbers.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    All they had to do was follow the damn train.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Joel Vinesauce apparently spent 50 minutes making CJ drink from the spunk soda machine which caused his game to crash and then refuse to load back up at all period.

Comparing the GTA remasters to Cyberpunk 2077 is dumb because bugs and such aside i could still play Cyberpunk 2077 and not only is the GTA Remaster unplayable in places (good luck doing anything in the rain.) they outright removed the older versions from the storefronts.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Well if we are talking about a games removal from store fronts due to ongoing issues . . .

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »
    Well if we are talking about a games removal from store fronts due to ongoing issues . . .

We aren’t. Rockstar didn’t remove the older versions due to ongoing issues.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    To be fair and balanced tm c r, the old versions on Steam are wack and busted. Been trying to fix ye olde San Andreas with mods and it's a tricky beast.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    It's really easy to fix old SA
    just get silent patch

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    It's really easy to fix old SA
    just get silent patch

I'm trying! Shit don't work.

Edit: I GOT IT WORKING YAY! Problem was Steam usurping the mod and trying to give me a community sourced control scheme. Once I disabled that, the mod works amazingly.

(Mostly, Vice City crashes if I try to change the resolution, but eh, looks fine)

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    We pulled the trigger on a Switch lite for the kid for Christmas. Anyone know if there's a good dock for it that's reliable? Not looking to plug it into the TV obviously, just want to make sure that the kid knows it has a home in the living room and that's where it stays.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    You know ya boy *had to go get another unnecessarily expensive Switch **bag.

p7JZzJ9.jpg

oRAT34y.jpg

XBK7mIC.jpg

*Ya boy did not have to buy another unnecessarily expensive Switch bag. Ya boy has questionable spending habits.

**There is no world where I get away with calling this a case.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I got my Zelda Game & Watch on Saturday. It's cool that you can take over and play the clock parts.

But also the timer is complete bullshit. It's one thing to not obey the proper color palettes of Zelda 2 for enemies. It's another to spawn a Blue Ironknuckle who doesn't shoot swords and CAN'T BE ATTACKED WITH JUMP STABS. No! Bad Nintendo! (also it uses the Japanese SFX which... eww... I get the Famicom Disk System is supposed to sound better but like, Zelda 2 is the exception... the US version of that game is superior in every way including sound design... those tin-y deflect sounds are the worrrrrsssttttt). Also they used the little sperm icon (it's actually supposed to be a spirit but come on...) from the Japanese version for an enemy kill counter which is bleh and probably confusing to a lot of people who don't know wtf that is :P

(but honestly, the iron knuckle thing makes it clear this is coded from scratch and not using any of Zelda 2's actual combat code, which I mean, makes sense. But if you're gonna do that, get it right! :P I know the jump stab is actually hitbox jank but it was cool and a way more fun way to kill them dammit!)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    We pulled the trigger on a Switch lite for the kid for Christmas. Anyone know if there's a good dock for it that's reliable? Not looking to plug it into the TV obviously, just want to make sure that the kid knows it has a home in the living room and that's where it stays.

you could just buy a 3rd party TV dock and not plug it into a TV.

Or alternativly just buy a case for it and say that that case never leaves the living room and when the switch isn't in use never leaves that case.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »

Or alternativly just buy a case for it and say that that case never leaves the living room and when the switch isn't in use never leaves that case.

there's a bunch of USB-C passthrough charging stands for the Switch (no dock components, cheaper too) that you could set up as a place for the switch lite to sit on when not in use and to charge it to boot.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    wunderbar wrote: »

there's a bunch of USB-C passthrough charging stands for the Switch (no dock components, cheaper too) that you could set up as a place for the switch lite to sit on when not in use and to charge it to boot.

That's basically what I'm looking for. I just wasn't sure if regular Switch mini docks would work because of the size difference.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular

p7JZzJ9.jpg

oRAT34y.jpg

XBK7mIC.jpg

*Ya boy did not have to buy another unnecessarily expensive Switch bag. Ya boy has questionable spending habits.

Excellent choice. I’ve been buying their stuff for awhile.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options

p7JZzJ9.jpg

oRAT34y.jpg

XBK7mIC.jpg

Excellent choice. I’ve been buying their stuff for awhile.

I'm in love with it just like the slip case they did. It smells like a Men's Warehouse. It's great.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Gentlemen, I need a link to that

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      edited November 2021
      TimFiji wrote: »
      Gentlemen, I need a link to that

Behold, the Majestic soothing stylings of Gary:

https://youtu.be/TVJ3AwpE2BQ

https://www.sfbags.com/collections/gaming-cases/products/nintendo-switch-cityslicker-case

You have other options as well.

Edit more: You cannot escape Gary:

https://youtu.be/jFVR-1N3aVM

Handsome Costanza on
      Resident 8bitdo expert.
    • Options
      LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
      Zunde wrote: »
      Joel Vinesauce apparently spent 50 minutes making CJ drink from the spunk soda machine which caused his game to crash and then refuse to load back up at all period.

Comparing the GTA remasters to Cyberpunk 2077 is dumb because bugs and such aside i could still play Cyberpunk 2077 and not only is the GTA Remaster unplayable in places (good luck doing anything in the rain.) they outright removed the older versions from the storefronts.

I totally misread the first half of this and thought that you were talking about Animal Crossing.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
      Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    • Options
      KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    • Options
      PailryderPailryder Registered User regular

it looks like you've gotten a few replies already but just in case, this is the one we picked up and it works great.
      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9RTMWS/

• Options
      ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
      edited November 2021
      Man. Bandai Namco did a stream advertising Sophie 2 the other day, and... wow, there are some fucking horrendous looking systems that they're adding to the game, and despite the original promo video, it's definitely not like the Dusk/Khemia combat engine. You have to explicitly choose to use a swap out attack before hand, and it's just picking a move for a character in the back row to use immediately after as they come in. No support defense at all.

Harvesting materials especially looks like it's going to be a fucking nightmare of over complicated garbage minigames. The two they showed were:

A golf-swing like meter that rapidly goes up and down, with about 8 different icons on it completely randomly distributed across about 30 slots, each one for quality, quantity, elemental types, money, etc, that you need to 'roll on' four times and then it shits out materials.

A big grid, again with the same 8 icons, about 30 of them, rapidly zooming around on it that you have 15 seconds to shoot as many as possible.

94ZNSPm.png

Every. Single. Harvesting. is one of these stupid minigames.

The most hilariously stupid thing they showed and people did the world's least convincing oohing and aahing over was that now fields will have narrow spaces that you need to use a contextual button press to squeeze through. This is their definition of a 'narrow' space.

ArcTangent on
      ztrEPtD.gif
    • Options
      urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
      Not going to lie.... That sounds good to me. At least the harvesting parts haha.

• Options
      I was not ready to wake up today to "Dead by daylight but Dragonball."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYv-c7GaT4k&ab_channel=BANDAINAMCOEurope

• Options
      SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
      ArcTangent wrote: »
      Man. Bandai Namco did a stream advertising Sophie 2 the other day, and... wow, there are some fucking horrendous looking systems that they're adding to the game, and despite the original promo video, it's definitely not like the Dusk/Khemia combat engine. You have to explicitly choose to use a swap out attack before hand, and it's just picking a move for a character in the back row to use immediately after as they come in. No support defense at all.

Harvesting materials especially looks like it's going to be a fucking nightmare of over complicated garbage minigames. The two they showed were:

A golf-swing like meter that rapidly goes up and down, with about 8 different icons on it completely randomly distributed across about 30 slots, each one for quality, quantity, elemental types, money, etc, that you need to 'roll on' four times and then it shits out materials.

A big grid, again with the same 8 icons, about 30 of them, rapidly zooming around on it that you have 15 seconds to shoot as many as possible.

94ZNSPm.png

The most hilariously stupid thing they showed and people did the world's least convincing oohing and aahing over was that now fields will have narrow spaces that you need to use a contextual button press to squeeze through. This is their definition of a 'narrow' space.

What the fuck? Harvesting isn't just "Hit a button and you pick it up" anymore?

LxX6eco.jpg
      PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    • Options
      SyphonBlue wrote: »

94ZNSPm.png

What the fuck? Harvesting isn't just "Hit a button and you pick it up" anymore?

Gamification all the things!

I hear it at work too. And l work for a National Defense Contractor.

• Options
      DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
      It looks interesting as a novelty, but IMO it really all depends on whether it has worn out its welcome by say hour 20.

• Options
      SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
      Donnicton wrote: »
      It looks interesting as a novelty, but IMO it really all depends on whether it has worn out its welcome by say hour 20.

That looks like it'll wear out its welcome by minute 20.

LxX6eco.jpg
      PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    • Options
      skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

Why would anyone choose to play as anyone but Oolong the shapeshifting pig?

Nintendo Console Codes
      Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
      it's fiiiiiiiine, it's fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine, stop complaaaaaining
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx4IURmHjV0

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
      camo_sig2.png
    • Options
      skeldare wrote: »

Because Bulma is awesome

• Options
      SyphonBlue wrote: »
      Donnicton wrote: »

That looks like it'll wear out its welcome by minute 20.

It's Mass Effect Omnigel all over again.

• Options
      Yeah those mini-games look charming.

But then not so charming when you're playing it for the 4832789575757 time trying to get that one material that for some reason does not want to exist in good amounts.

• Options
      EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
      skeldare wrote: »

Presumably, other characters will have their own special skills/items. And a smart hunter might just spy-check every random bit of pottery just in case.

• Options
      ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
      edited November 2021
      Here's the stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdeOx6Yvq8Y

The harvest part is first brought up at ~43 minutes with a screenshot of the fishing minigame (not shown later). There is a fishing bit in the clip, but it doesn't trigger the minigame? I'm not sure the exact mechanics here. There's a lock on the preview, so maybe it's not unlocked yet or there's some additional requirement.

53 is the slingshot minigame and 54:20 is the mining minigame.

It just seems insane to me. Like, who looks at picking up an item in a game where you are scouring maps, picking up things everywhere and says "This. This is the thing that needs to be changed. It's too quick, seamless, and easy. It should at minimum take 30 seconds and be a whole elaborate, barely controllable side thing." Reeks of having a bunch of shitty mobile game things thrown in because... uh... mobile games get the dough, so we need to be more like them.

ArcTangent on
      ztrEPtD.gif
    • Options
      Here's the stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdeOx6Yvq8Y

The harvest part is first brought up at ~43 minutes with a screenshot of the fishing minigame (not shown later). There is a fishing bit in the clip, but it doesn't trigger the minigame? I'm not sure the exact mechanics here. There's a lock on the preview, so maybe it's not unlocked yet or there's some additional requirement.

53 is the slingshot minigame and 54:20 is the mining minigame.

Did they say it was every harvest or maybe it's like a critical harvest? I really don't have an interest in watching a Japanese stream of a game that I'll likely never actually see on US shelves lol.