Options

I love Neco she is the most beautiful and best at everything [chat]

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I love Neco she is the most beautiful and best at everything
    zagdrob wrote: »
    Anyone still looking for a video card?

I've got one already but my EVGA queue just popped for a 3070 XC3.

I would so take you up on this but

A) I just bought a new PC so I got a 3060 with it so that'd be a dick move
    B) Even if I was ok with that I really couldn't justify the price after recently buying tickets to see Halestorm+Evanescence, Ghost+Volbeat, and Tool in Minneapolis over the next six-ish months

My older brother is looking to build a new PC though so if you want I can see if he'll buy it from you.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »
    hi, i'm back, what'd i miss

i forgot ur my neighbor let's get pizza or something next week idk

if i don't catch delta this weekend

poo
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Waffles doesn't want us to have any sort of halloween jump scare thing because she's worried a kid will get scared and jump and fall and hit their head on the sidewalk and we'll get sued.

*scribbling furiously*

traps...must be...lethal...to entire family...

*underlines "must" twice*

• Options
    I am loving the barely restrained schadenfreude in this article

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/oct/01/germans-living-in-uk-urged-to-drive-lorries-to-ease-our-fuel-crisis

tl;dr: if you passed your driving test in Germany before 1997, and swapped that licence for a UK driving licence, you are automatically entitled to drive heavy goods vehicles (i.e trucks over 7.5 tons)

The British government has recently written to everybody in the country with such an entitlement, asking them to take a job driving a truck
    One 41-year-old German man, who, along with his wife, received a copy of the letter at their London home on Friday morning, told the Independent: “We were quite surprised. I’m sure pay and conditions for HGV drivers have improved, but ultimately I have decided to carry on in my role at an investment bank.

“My wife has never driven anything larger than a Volvo, so she is also intending to decline the exciting opportunity.”

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Fatal Halloween jump scares are how you weed out the weak and undeserving children so that all the candy calories go to only the strong

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    I'm surprised there isn't some kind of separate additional licensing for fuel transport in the UK versus their standard HGV licensure

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Excuse me but my job is now carrying a product that I expect to taste like shit but that takes me back to my childhood so of course I got some to try

• Options
    I'm surprised there isn't some kind of separate additional licensing for fuel transport in the UK versus their standard HGV licensure

There is, it's a separate licence category again for transporting certain materials, including fuel, and holders need to annually recertify to actually drive

It's nevertheless quite funny that this is the level of barrel-scraping they're reduced to

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    Anyone still looking for a video card?

I've got one already but my EVGA queue just popped for a 3070 XC3.

Oh yes, I am for sure.

I'll PM you.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    wilyhl9h1tul.jpg

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    ah yes, the speed of a boy

that is why we have 8 years olds running in the olympics

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    oooh I fucked up at work.

whoops.

forgot to announce an outage related issue to upper management.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

love to have blood fights with my homies

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    What's causing the fuel shortage in the UK?

It is just general global supply chain disruption, or, like, some specific consequence of Brexit or...?

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »

It is just general global supply chain disruption, or, like, some specific consequence of Brexit or...?

Check the British politics thread. My understanding is it's a shortage of truck drivers.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    The US right now is having a major shortage of Bus Drivers for schools

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Excuse me but my job is now carrying a product that I expect to taste like shit but that takes me back to my childhood so of course I got some to try

Is it those plastic juice bottles with the foil top?

• Options

Is it those plastic juice bottles with the foil top?

lfv7ahb0l1ln.jpeg

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular

late delivery because of brexit

shortage of delivery drivers and tankers for fuel

government says don't panic buy

yakity sax ensues?

• Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    I have family visiting for the first time Covid hit, it’s nice to see everyone and make sure they’re doing all right.
    Yeah even the shuttle parking at my local airport is closed on account of there not being anyone to drive the shuttles at the moment.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    *snip*

MrMister on
  • Options
    Darlan wrote: »
    I have family visiting for the first time Covid hit, it’s nice to see everyone and make sure they’re doing all right.
    Yeah even the shuttle parking at my local airport is closed on account of there not being anyone to drive the shuttles at the moment.

!!

Last time I flew out of Denver the long term lots were closed. I assumed it was due to low flight volume from COVID. Didn’t occur to me the shuttles weren’t staffed.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    A lady was ordering a custom roll from our sushi guy, and she was asked- do you like spicy?

And she said, oh, heavens no.

I thought chat would enjoy this

We want deets on the custom roll

I unfortunately have no data. It was the very end of the conversation, the sushi guy was just like ‘ok, it’ll be 5 minutes’. My break was ending so I never saw the finished product.

I apologize for failing you, mojo sama

I'm livid

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options

Driver shortage for HGVs and specifically fuel tankers. There are supply disruptions to supermarkets too, so most are selling a limited range at the moment.

Essentially a large number of HGV drivers in Britain were EU nationals, most of them have left, any arriving now almost certainly won't qualify for a work visa on an HGV driver's salary, and the agreements that allowed cabotage (EU trucks transporting goods within the UK) ended with brexit which dramatically reduced available logistics capacity.

On top of that covid closed driver testing centres for the best part of a year so even if someone wanted to become an HGV driver now there are waiting lists to actually do the test.

Then even if you do the test and pass the DVLA (which issues licenses) is taking months to do so for reasons I'm not clear on

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Ur uncle’s hot mrmr

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Holy shit mrmr

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »

Inside every person are two large chested women...

they're septuagenarians!

They give me hope

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Limed for truth, holy fuck... I ... think I've heard of that case/story too?

Edit: I wonder if contracts were involved...

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    Limed for truth, holy fuck... I ... think I've heard of that case/story too?

It made national news when the paternity suit was happening, and was written up in the NYT, but we're a little young to have caught it then

I think it also sometimes gets discussed in histories of family law, as it really was quite novel at the time

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Apparently the DVLA is backlogged because they sent everyone home without making any arrangements for remote working, then brought everyone back into work with no covid precautions, which led to an outbreak that resulted in 643 covid cases and one death

There are apparently over 54,000 HGV licence applications in the backlog, of which around 6000 are new applications, the rest being renewals (that is, already qualified drivers that can't drive until the DVLA issues their renewed licence)

japan on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    This is my favorite wasteful practice due to its scale, ubiquity, and invisibility to the average person:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxqz2g05MTI

If you watch all the way through they actually follow the trucks all the way to landfills.

They're calling out Amazon here but tbh it's just because amazon is really big and handles a lot of goods. It's not like they're pioneering this captain planet villain type shit here. It would happen without them, just less centralized.

I mean that's the whole shit of it, isn't it?

this practice should be criminal

• Options
    So this documentary is about how everyone made wise decisions and has no regrets and ultimately settled everything with no disagreements, right

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Does Mrmr win "gayest chat family" on a technicality or?

• Options
    I was looking for Uncle Iroh tattoos and it led me to a guy who I find so singularly unattractive that maybe I’m just straight again

Also this feels mean but I can’t help PREFERENCES

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    This is my favorite wasteful practice due to its scale, ubiquity, and invisibility to the average person:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxqz2g05MTI

If you watch all the way through they actually follow the trucks all the way to landfills.

They're calling out Amazon here but tbh it's just because amazon is really big and handles a lot of goods. It's not like they're pioneering this captain planet villain type shit here. It would happen without them, just less centralized.

I mean that's the whole shit of it, isn't it?

this practice should be criminal

Yeah but free 2 day shipping

• Options
    3zrthry55041.png

(I just hit my CNA roommate with this daring gambit)

• Options
    So this documentary is about how everyone made wise decisions and has no regrets and ultimately settled everything with no disagreements, right

I bet nobody even dies of AIDS

*checks dates of this documentary starring a gay man*

o-oh, oh no

• Options
    edited October 2021

o-oh, oh no

ffffffffuck

well now I think I know the rough arc of this story

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

o-oh, oh no

Oh noooooo did I make light of your dead gay uncle AHHHHH

*literally dies of shame*

• Options

o-oh, oh no

Oh noooooo did I make light of your dead gay uncle AHHHHH

*literally dies of shame*

no, no, not at all

he was indeed smoking hot, and it's important

This discussion has been closed.