Options

I love Neco she is the most beautiful and best at everything [chat]

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I had a dream last night that my mother was still alive and my brother arranged a spiritual intervention to save her soul with Jesus and all of my aunts and uncles and cousins were involved. In the dream, I was kind of sad that I wasn’t involved or that anyone thought i needed saving even if I thought it was kind of nonsense.

Also in the same dream I got myself a baby panther and a baby leopard and was playing with them and even in the dream I was thinking, “this is probably a really bad idea, owning big cats.”

In summary, I’m back on the trolley for getting a dog.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I love Neco she is the most beautiful and best at everything
    I was up all last night tossing and turning because of sudden muscle tension/pain in my arms and back. I don't know what it was about but it felt awful and made it really difficult to sleep.

Anyway, this morning I impulse bought one of those massage guns so let's see if that prevents it from happening again.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    What will really do it for me VR-wise is when they can combine the tech in that $6k one with the form factor of the really slim light ones they're coming out with these days.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Dogs, eh

DZK2jjIh.jpg

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I took a nap last night and dreamed that I bumped into Dolly Parton on the street and for some reason we immediately began making out. But dream me broke it off after just a few moments, saying "hold on, wait here, I'll be right back" and ran across the street to a tattoo parlor, pointed to a Ken doll on the counter that had "DREAMS DO COME TRUE" tattooed on its face, and said "I want one like that!"

Then my alarm went off and I woke up, very confused at dream Jacob's judgment.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Electrician did work for us at the house last week and said he'd bill us

It's been like 10 days and I haven't received a bill despite emailing twice to ask about it

that means it's free now right

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    jckj0962s5ga.jpeg

Because I'm 40 I now have friends who were adamant that the dog they got in their 20s was the same thing as a baby who now have actual kids.

Occasionally they'll vent about much work kids are/how much they worry about their kids/how expensive they are

And it takes everything I have not to remind them how shitty they got anytime someone pointed out that no, a dog is not a human child and that a human child is actually takes a shitload more, well, everything

Surely nobody ever does that seriously? It's always just a joke?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    jckj0962s5ga.jpeg

Because I'm 40 I now have friends who were adamant that the dog they got in their 20s was the same thing as a baby who now have actual kids.

Occasionally they'll vent about much work kids are/how much they worry about their kids/how expensive they are

And it takes everything I have not to remind them how shitty they got anytime someone pointed out that no, a dog is not a human child and that a human child is actually takes a shitload more, well, everything

Surely nobody ever does that seriously? It's always just a joke?

Heh

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Electrician did work for us at the house last week and said he'd bill us

It's been like 10 days and I haven't received a bill despite emailing twice to ask about it

that means it's free now right

Absolutely

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    jckj0962s5ga.jpeg

On the plus side human children actually begin to take care of themselves in many ways.

Meanwhile everyone I know with a dog has to get up first thing in the morning and take it to piss or something. Like it's a fucking perpetual toddler.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Pets and babies are similar in that they are both dependent living creatures but like

The differences are so stark, even early on

The almost immediate independence of animals, the massive cognitive leaps human children make, the fact that even a toddler can communicate verbally and understand basic negotiation, etc

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    The number one takeaway from having a needy cat is that my partner and I wouldn't be able to handle having a kid, or we would have to change our emotional makeup dramatically to gain the resilience necessary

Because a needy cat doesn't even come close and it's still A LOT

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I'm out of cumin. Only have about half of what I need for this chili. Should I pull an Ohio and replace it with cinnamon?

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Kids are not fuzzy and animals are fuzzy

Unless you get one of those hairless cats but they are pretty gross-looking so better not

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    I'm out of cumin. Only have about half of what I need for this chili. Should I pull an Ohio and replace it with cinnamon?

cmjpmnu5zpvu.png

• Options

cmjpmnu5zpvu.png

Maybe I'll add some curry powder. That could be fun.

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

Unless you get one of those hairless cats but they are pretty gross-looking so better not

what about kids that are always in a fuzzy onesie?

• Options

cmjpmnu5zpvu.png

Maybe I'll add some curry powder. That could be fun.

Curry powder has cumin but also some others, might give it a bit of a different taste but still within the chili wheelhouse

• Options
    How much Cream of Tartar does one person need? Is it 5 containers?

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    ooooh, I think it's almost time for me to make another batch of chili.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    sure its fine calling a dog "a fur baby" but as soon as i call a kid "a flesh child" apparently i'm the weird one

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited October 2021

Do the other half cinnamon, throw some mace in it, get wild and throw some allspice in it

or just add a little more paprika and chili powder

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Neither of my cats has ever had a poop disaster

10/10 children, my only criteria tbh

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Tav wrote: »
    sure its fine calling a dog "a fur baby" but as soon as i call a kid "a flesh child" apparently i'm the weird one

Skin kitten

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I don't understand why twitter is convinced that NFTs are super harmful and ruining the planet, when in reality they're mostly just extremely stupid.

Doesn't each one do like 100 pounds of carbon emissions for absolutely nothing?

I know it's not a lot but man, making things worse doesn't seem like a good idea

Yeah but there's thresholds right? There's a carbon footprint for everything and there are battles worth fighting. NFTs are dumb as fucking shit. They're valueless, pointless trash. Creating a unique token someone can hold to prove they """own""" a jpeg is utterly moronic. But regardless of my personal views, I think we can agree to file it away as a discretionary entertainment spend.

Every time you eat beef you produce, conservatively, 200x that weight in CO2 released into the atmosphere. Every time you buy a new TV or a new PC part for gaming, or order a toy online, or fly somewhere for a vacation, or activate climate control in your home, the carbon footprint stacks up and it stacks up pretty goddamned high!

So as completely stupid as NFTs are, and they are just about as dumb as anything can be, I don't feel they especially rate vs various things we do as a matter of course, living our lives in a developed country. Most people aren't buying thousands of NFTs. And the reaction to their environmental impact and the discourse around it, is imo way out of proportion.

Also mocking NFTs for being stupid is better because it can't be argued against.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »

what about kids that are always in a fuzzy onesie?

Better than a dog in some sort of horrifying skin onesie

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    I'm feeling the allspice

Like Jamaican beef meets chili

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Bogart. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited October 2021
    I don't understand why twitter is convinced that NFTs are super harmful and ruining the planet, when in reality they're mostly just extremely stupid.

I know it's not a lot but man, making things worse doesn't seem like a good idea

Yeah but there's thresholds right? There's a carbon footprint for everything and there are battles worth fighting. NFTs are dumb as fucking shit. They're valueless, pointless trash. Creating a unique token someone can hold to prove they """own""" a jpeg is utterly moronic. But regardless of my personal views, I think we can agree to file it away as a discretionary entertainment spend.

Every time you eat beef you produce, conservatively, 200x that weight in CO2 released into the atmosphere. Every time you buy a new TV or a new PC part for gaming, or order a toy online, or fly somewhere for a vacation, or activate climate control in your home, the carbon footprint stacks up and it stacks up pretty goddamned high!

So as completely stupid as NFTs are, and they are just about as dumb as anything can be, I don't feel they especially rate vs various things we do as a matter of course, living our lives in a developed country. Most people aren't buying thousands of NFTs. And the reaction to their environmental impact and the discourse around it, is imo way out of proportion.

Also mocking NFTs for being stupid is better because it can't be argued against.

NFT from a trusted issuer representing an actual physical asset, like a title or deed, or land rights, would be a neat use case for the tech IMO. Especially once proof of work gets mitigated.

What they are used for today is just fucking dumb, full stop.

edit: though, arguably, so are trading cards and rare comics.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

I think it's obvious stupidity exacerbates how much of an environmental impact it makes. I get a PC part, I can do something of objective value. Having a JPEG worth money because of techbro-voodoo-blockchain-bullshit that also pollutes makes it's rather meager contribution to the global climate crisis even more offensive, imho.

It's like if Rush Limbaugh were also a shitty tipper.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    The difference between pets and babies is, leaving a puppy locked in a kennel in the bathroom to cry all night is normal. Leaving a baby locked in a kennel in the bathroom to cry all night is a felony.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

NFT from a trusted issuer representing an actual physical asset, like a title or deed, or land rights, would be a neat use case for the tech IMO. Especially once proof of work gets mitigated.

What they are used for today is just fucking dumb, full stop.

edit: though, arguably, so are trading cards and rare comics.

At least cards and comics you own the actual thing. NFTs are like buying a receipt not issued by the store saying you "own" a thing in the display case.

• Options
    @amateurhour @VishNub New season of MeatEater is on Netflix and episode 3 had them doing whitetail deer in Texas and man the food looked good

the star was they fileted out this sheet of venison from like the ribs? Normally throwaway meat or just ground for sausage or whatever, and the had this wild game chef there who knew how to butcher out this cut, and they did a roulade with that, bacon, onion, cheese, and jalapeno and rolled it up and grilled it off then braised it for a day

Also the ranch is holyshit beautiful in like Texas December

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    This is now my favorite video on the internet:

https://youtu.be/fjNzbvBDpBg

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    They had Luke Combs on for an antelope hunt on the first one of the new season. Neat. Made tacos, looked sweet.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    rolling coal may not add much pollution, but it still makes me want to punch anybody who does it in the crotch over and over

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    They had Luke Combs on for an antelope hunt on the first one of the new season. Neat. Made tacos, looked sweet.

Antelope taste not great.

Just my opinion.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Drez wrote: »
    This is now my favorite video on the internet:

https://youtu.be/fjNzbvBDpBg

I'm going frame by frame on this Zapruder film to see the moment

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    even a toddler can communicate verbally and understand basic negotiation, etc

Once they start talking, they can start talking back.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLe09qoyPP8

This discussion has been closed.