As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I love Neco she is the most beautiful and best at everything [chat]

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »
    Kruite wrote: »
    One would think studying the immune system would garner someone's ability to ignore anti vax propaganda
    is this a thing that nursing school teaches? i have absolutely no idea what goes on there

I mean

I think my high school biology class taught it

Yeah, but no one pays attention in high school

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    butts

Tumin on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    One would think studying the immune system would garner someone's ability to ignore anti vax propaganda
    is this a thing that nursing school teaches? i have absolutely no idea what goes on there

Nah they learn it in nursing school. Nurses are right a bunch of the same stuff doctors are.

Knowledge does not clear up intentional ignorance though.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Nah they learn it in nursing school. Nurses are right a bunch of the same stuff doctors are.

Knowledge does not clear up intentional ignorance though.

But like, why the huge difference in vax rates between doctors and nurses?

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular

I mean

The high school bio class I subbed in was covering how vaccines work.

Apparently parents were gettin mad about it.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Finally, an angry video game nerd speaks. I’m so happy this demographic is making their voice heard at last.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I love Neco she is the most beautiful and best at everything
    Because a lot of nurses spend their free time getting radicalized on Facebook

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    We're at the dog adoption place looking for a new floof!

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Finally, an angry video game nerd speaks. I’m so happy this demographic is making their voice heard at last.

He's the Joe Bob Briggs of classic gaming though.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

the most oppressed minority

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »

I mean

The high school bio class I subbed in was covering how vaccines work.

Apparently parents were gettin mad about it.

Sifting through the dusty halls of my memory ... DNA, phagocytes, mitosis, meiosis, Kingdom Phylum Order Family Genus Species ... no, I am confident we spent more time in high school going over chi square setups for recessive genes than going over how vaccines work.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    twu23ks2jeny.jpeg

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    haha we lost a territory and they're all just yelling at each other about how much they're idiots and no one knows how to pvp and everyone's useless hahahaha

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    When did I learn how vaccines work?

Did I learn vaccines work?

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    If she didn’t want to be mocked she should have gone back in time to tell her parents not to pick a name like “Skye”

Whoops i guess I didn’t need that batsignal after all LOL

This Bible's Greatest Hits attitude.

Make names weirder!

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    When did I learn how vaccines work?

Did I learn vaccines work?

When they talked about smallpox in school.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    haha we lost a territory and they're all just yelling at each other about how much they're idiots and no one knows how to pvp and everyone's useless hahahaha

Ah, yes. AKA the reason I bailed on Guild Wars 2 once I realized that was the end game

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    twu23ks2jeny.jpeg

Yes, this certainly makes it better

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    RedTide wrote: »
    twu23ks2jeny.jpeg

Yes, this certainly makes it better
    While we were shitposting he studied t h e a l g o r i t h m

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

I taught introductory microbiology to nursing students and I absolutely taught them immunology

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    Angry Video Game Nerd is good don't blame him for the dark metamorphosis the word "gamer" has been taking the last decade or the fact that crappy clickbait video preview images just work for getting your viewer count higher

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    The problem with continuing education requirements is some professionals will take them seriously and others will do the absolute minimum and just get drunk at conventions on their employer's dime.

What you really need is like, recertification with testing but lol that's never happening.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

Ah, yes. AKA the reason I bailed on Guild Wars 2 once I realized that was the end game

it's one of them in this game but there's also dungeons and raids and stuff to look forward to

i'm kind of happy with the idea there's not a lot of endless grind i have any interest in

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Woah. 2004 predates youtube.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Woah. 2004 predates youtube.

used to watch that shit on screwattack.com

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    "Dark Comedy"

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Writing a slur laden letter to Nintendo Power to let them know what I think about making half the cast of Jet Force Gemini female.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    "Dark Comedy"

Yes, the opposite of comedy. Nega Comedy.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Angry Video Game Nerd is among the most aggressively unfunny things on the internet. It’s comedy for people who don’t like comedy.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Seal wrote: »
    Angry Video Game Nerd is good don't blame him for the dark metamorphosis the word "gamer" has been taking the last decade or the fact that crappy clickbait video preview images just work for getting your viewer count higher

i used to get mad at clickbait thumbnails but then i realized i should not be mad at the players for playing the hand they've been dealt

i should be mad at the people who cause clickbait thumbnails to be the meta by actually clicking on them

• Options
    Six wrote: »
    Angry Video Game Nerd is among the most aggressively unfunny things on the internet. It’s comedy for people who don’t like comedy.

But enough about all of the posters on forums dot penny arcade dot com

• Options
    See, I used the same joke twice in one day as a sort of meta commentary on the joke itself and- *gets mouse smoothie thrown at me*

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I’m at a bar waiting for forumers to come drink mice with me

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I know I must have learned how vaccines work at some point but I don’t recall when exactly

For all I know it was when I was getting them to go into grade school

It’s not exactly a difficult concept

You train your immune system to fight a monster by giving it a weaker version of that monster to beat up first

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Six wrote: »

Please. Next you'll be saying nonsense like Zero Punctuation isn't hilarious.

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I know I must have learned how vaccines work at some point but I don’t recall when exactly

You train your immune system to fight a monster by giving it a weaker version of that monster to beat up first

Vaccines are like ghost viruses though

And ghosts give you negative levels

Checkmate, hyperbolic training chamberists

Tumin on
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Roofer just left. Going to get a price for a new roof tomorrow or Monday.

While he was up there. Every neighbor came over to talk.

• Options

Now I can say I learned about holistic medicine from Debate and/or Discourse. I had no idea what it was until a message board for a video game webcomic fussed about it.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Folks.... i paid 100 dollars to a podcast and they'll do a monthlong miniseries themed around Daft Punk.

• Options
    I had the joy today of showing my coworkers the Tesla "robot" reveal.

This discussion has been closed.