As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV]: Endwalker! Game sales resume Jan. 25th. USE SPOILER TAGS.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Shadowbringers, about to do Qitana Ravel (Rak'tika Greatwood)
    Does Ran'jit ever get interesting or is he just boring the whole time. He's like a somehow less interesting version of Zenos
    Also, why would I literally ever trust Emet-Selch, just let me kill him every time he enters a scene

No he sucks

Which is a shame because thematically he's obviously very relevant to two characters' inner conflicts, but it's barely explored in the actual text. He feels like everything important about him was left on the cutting room floor.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    It sure would have been nice to get some insight into why he’s such a megabadass with the pet dragon and the spooky yellow eyes that see through all.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    not making teams waste dev time making Bespoke Dirt Textures or a fully unique Level 5 Vest of Sucking Shit is a crime against gamers

Saw this today:

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    "Consume level art"? Who do they think we are, Willem Dafoe?

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    It sure would have been nice to get some insight into why he’s such a megabadass with the pet dragon and the spooky yellow eyes that see through all.

The little that is explained about him in the game does say
    that he has fought Sin Eaters long enough to see generations of Minfilias die (and as such that's why he's locked her away from fighting). So provided you're at all familiar with martial arts movies it's pretty easy to simply chalk that up to old man martial arts grandmaster is Very Strong, but yeah it's still part of a lot that isn't very well communicated(where it actually is).

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Enlong wrote: »
    I still remember repeatedly running Castrum Abania trying to get the Scholar weapon.

I ran it enough times to get every piece of equipment as the guaranteed "leveling" drop. Only to realize that weapons are excluded from that feature.

I never got the weapon. I eventually got a reskin of it from Dohn Mheg.
    I didn't actually know weapons were excluded from that, huh

IIRC weapons weren't included when it was first implemented but they are now on the freebie drop table.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Tweets for very specific audiences

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Shadowbringers, about to do Qitana Ravel (Rak'tika Greatwood)
    Does Ran'jit ever get interesting or is he just boring the whole time. He's like a somehow less interesting version of Zenos
    Also, why would I literally ever trust Emet-Selch, just let me kill him every time he enters a scene
    Emet-Selch would disassemble you into your component molecules. Also you wouldn’t have his very useful advice.

No one in your group has been tricked into trusting him. They just recognize that it’d be way worse to have him as an active enemy right now.

admanb on
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Emet-Selch: your best friend and mine

Extremely trustworthy new ally, Emet-Selch! :biggrin:

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    IRF4f8g.png

Finally
    CNO6xPo.jpg

It's done.

That's one more thing crossed off the list.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Well I finished 5.1, which was mostly dull right up until the end and they throw all kinds of shit at you.

Also finished the Hilde quests, which are very silly and it makes me happy how much effort and love they put into a totally pointless side adventure. Their only point is to be fun, and that's great.

Also found some better looking arm slots for my now even tacticooler caster
    xid2lu14z6v5.jpg

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    OH WAIT NO THERE'S EVEN MORE HILDE

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

You can also hang out with a certain private detective in Ishgard now that you've done Hilde.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I made a tank glam with the shisui joy chest and yorha 51 legs as a joke so people would be like what are you wearing and I would just say tank gear ha ha funny

this was a Bad Idea in ways I did not foresee

• Options
    Jars wrote: »
    I made a tank glam with the shisui joy chest and yorha 51 legs as a joke so people would be like what are you wearing and I would just say tank gear ha ha funny

this was a Bad Idea in ways I did not foresee

Is it because it's a :cool: tank top

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    IRF4f8g.png

Finally
    CNO6xPo.jpg

It's done.

That's one more thing crossed off the list.

iz8z6b409s8l.png

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I have been taking care of the level 80 Job quests, I was not expecting an emotional hit from the Summoner one because it is a job I don't feel terribly attached to currently.

Seg on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    My favorite level 80 job stories have been from Scholar and Dark Knight.

• Options
    Aldo wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »

You can also hang out with a certain private detective in Ishgard now that you've done Hilde.

Yeah the reason I got into this whole questchain finally was that I wanted a nice chest piece for my eventual NewSummoner

And I was like, oh hey, this scholasticate coat looks good, and it's just from a side quest!

And then I was like oh jeez there's a whole chain of quests to get to that side quest

And then oh double jeez I have to do all the Hilde ARR quests just to get to this OTHER series of quests

I'm never making it to endwalker >.<

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    My favorite level 80 job stories have been from Scholar and Dark Knight.

I honestly like the DRG one, as it adds some interesting context for the Heavensward story.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    You know, during the lead up to SHB, and then mentioning ‘we don’t like gendered having gendered sets anymore’ I’m perfectly fine with them not going back and reworking every single gendered set that had been released up to that point, all at once. It’d take a lot of time and effort to do so and I’m fine with doing it in phases. What I’m less okay with is them deciding to just do the exact opposite and release MORE gendered sets. It’s really annoying and going over a lot of the media tour interviews and the questions that were asked by the streamers and such, I’m really bummed that yoship was never pressed on giving an explanation or what their plans will be to address it going forward.

• Options
    yeah they sure didn't fucking follow through on that one huh

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    aren't those all mog station stuff though? nothing new in game is gender restricted that I can think of besides the frontier set. most of the mog station stuff isn't either, 7 out of the last 10 are unisex

Jars on
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    not gender-locked but different models for male and female characters, like all the nier stuff, the neo-ishgardian sets, etc.
    mogstation stuff ought to be un-genderlocked too while we're at it

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Jars wrote: »
    aren't those all mog station stuff though? nothing new in game is gender restricted that I can think of besides the frontier set. most of the mog station stuff isn't either, 7 out of the last 10 are unisex

The Frontier set that came out in 5.5 is just regular old crafted gear and all the pieces are locked to one or the other.

It’s also entirely irrelevant imo whether something is obtained through the mog station or not for this particular facet

• Options
    not gender-locked but different models for male and female characters, like all the nier stuff, the neo-ishgardian sets, etc.
    mogstation stuff ought to be un-genderlocked too while we're at it

Whether I mind the ‘looks different’ depends entirely on how different, so I’m not automatically not okay with that part. It just sucks that they made this declaration then did really nothing about it for the entire expansion and just haven’t talked about it at all.

And the stuff that they DID go back and remove the gender-locks for, HEAVILY favored ‘fem characters being able to wear previously masc-tagged equipment’ and almost none of the vice-versa.

• Options
    on femme stuff they let male characters wear it's pretty much just the bunny suits and the wedding dress, right?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Pretty much. The 2B set also but honestly after looking at how gearsets across the expansion were treated I’m more willing to give Yoko Taro the win for that one.

Javen on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Pretty much. The 2B set also but honestly after looking at how gearsets across the expansion were treated I’m more willing to give Yoko Taro the win for that one.

Even then the 2B set doesn't give dudes a dumptruck like it does for girls.
    on femme stuff they let male characters wear it's pretty much just the bunny suits and the wedding dress, right?

And one (1) pair of short shorts.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »

I got the 2B outfit from Copied Factory yesterday, and uhh... does it inflate the bust size?

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    The legs increase butt size on female characters except when paired with some chestpieces (probably to resolve clipping issues or something).

My personal suspicion is that it's because Yoko Taro wanted 2B to be accurate to the game and FFXIV's characters are a bit less endowed in that respect.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    FFXIV characters have zero ass, a choice I find absolutely baffling

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    The gold saucer bunny girl outfit also alters the butt contour, IIRC, probable precisely because most characters have hank hill ass

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »

I got the 2B outfit from Copied Factory yesterday, and uhh... does it inflate the bust size?

you have no one to blame for that one but yourself

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Neveron wrote: »
    The legs increase butt size on female characters except when paired with some chestpieces (probably to resolve clipping issues or something).

My personal suspicion is that it's because Yoko Taro wanted 2B to be accurate to the game and FFXIV's characters are a bit less endowed in that respect.

According to the devs it was supposedly a bug that the 2B legs increased butt size - in fact they were going to fix it a while back but the player base complained so much that they decided not to. :bzz:

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    FFXIV characters have zero ass, a choice I find absolutely baffling

the limitations of the cell processor

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    I seem to have found someone's Christmas tree on Elemental.
    BSv3GtX.jpg

This discussion has been closed.