As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Remote Play Together Sale (2/28 - 3/7) - Get some games! Play with friends!

• Options
    AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    Sounds like your answer, Akilae - probably not the one you wanted to hear, but the one you're getting nonetheless - is "Those days are gone, and they're not coming back." (Sometimes with a "That format" and/or "I miss it too, but" in front.)
    Now that I'm on the far side of 50, it's something I'm hearing/have heard a lot. Time passes and things change, even when we don't want them to.

Oh I know. My commentary was more a lament for days gone. The world, and technology has shifted way too much for old fashioned LPs to come back.

But we'll always have Paris...

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Im pretty sure there are still people out there doing old school lp....

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Im pretty sure there are still people out there doing old school lp....

Yep. I briefly dabbled in the idea of continuing the Idol Manager one here, but I didn't want to clutter up the thread, and figured I'd get more feedback in its own.

That said, @Pixelated Pixie , I totally encourage and hope you'll continue yours here, it looked fun.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Jazz wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    So, I've played through Halo. All the Master Chief Collection games (including the Spartan Ops, which in retrospect I really should have at least tried to find people for).

They're fun! And shooty! And the stories are honestly engaging. It helps that Spartans feel badass, I think, but also there's an earnestness to their space opera meets hard sci-fi mixture. Even Halo 4, which was apparently the first foray for a new studio with the same property, felt more or less like it belonged somewhere in the crazyass story they had to tell.

And complaints I'd have about the games, at least at the campaign level, are not really worth grousing about (save for that secondary Spartan Ops thing in 4, which really should have had a way to play all episodes in a chapter without having to return to the menu and I will totally kvetch about that). Lots of fun. Sort of disappointed 5 isn't on the PC, though it appears as though the 14.99 Game Pass gets some kind of cloud gaming thing that I should be able to play it through. I can't just skip it, as reviled as it apparently is by long-time fans. If I'm to ever play Infinite, I'll have to have played 5 first.

Know anybody with an Xbox One you can borrow? Failing that, yeah, the cloud streaming works fine. (Caveat: I've not tried it on PC. But it worked fine on my Xbox! Although running natively on the local hardware is still better, of course, but for quickly trying stuff out, streaming is neat.)

It's honestly weird that Halo 5 hasn't come to PC natively yet, not that there's a ton of demand for it I wouldn't have thought.

Apparently not enough demand to have 343 do anything about it, they've repeatedly said nope. Apparently they didn't even like it? I dunno, I still want to play it.

I don't think I know a single person in meatspace who has an XB1, no. Considering I have one actual good friend and a bunch of "sort-of" acquaintances, I don't exactly have a ton of avenues for people with other consoles.

Edit: also the only Let's Plays I've ever watched and probably ever will watch are on PlayFrame over on YouTube. I like a very specific, friendly, and curated space, and that space is all of those things.

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    @Karoz insists I resist, what I do not know, but maybe it has something to do with vampires?

u6gfxy1vb3bg.png

thanks!

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    I'm really enjoying the Vampire Survivors game. I can't seem to put it down. Plus the older I get the more I appreciate games that are easy to jump into and don't take a hundred hours to complete. Anyways I've beat the Hypermad Forest a couple times now. I'm disappointed doing so didn't unlock anything more. The Laurel shield is pretty badass. When I beat the level the other night I'd maxed it out so when Death appeared at the end of the stage it took him a few seconds to get through it. :lol:

The build I had going this evening was just craziness. Maxed out the Santa Water and it's pretty good even though it doesn't have a final upgrade. I upgraded the Fire wand(meteors), the Magic wand(machine gun), and the King Bible(whirling blender of death) and the abilities for things like cooldown reduction, area, speed, etc work pretty damn good for powering up your abilities.
    This last wave is just boss bats dropping red exp gems which level you super fast when they drop in mass quantities like this. The fully upgraded Bible was just shredding everything.
    tcyjli6u0794.jpg

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I just did the evolved weapon stuff and holy shit!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Sifd is a streamer who's been playing Vampire Survivors and making it look kind of boring/solved, to be honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p02Q1J78Kv0

I do find it funny that apparently the library map is bugged all the way up. Its top and bottom are walled off, and instead of redistributing how enemies spawn, if anything was supposed to spawn on the top or bottom, it instead spawns on the right. So if you walk left, basically no monsters spawn, and if you walk right, huge hordes spawn.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    cj iwakura wrote: »

You better believe I didn't advance Yakuza 5's story until I had slain all rivals in an avalanche of So Much More.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    This last wave is just boss bats dropping red exp gems which level you super fast when they drop in mass quantities like this. The fully upgraded Bible was just shredding everything.
    tcyjli6u0794.jpg

I haven't seen that many red numbers since the last time I did my taxes

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Does Project Zomboid win the prize for “longest early access period ever” or…?

It’s fun tho. I doubt I would like it much fully solo, but multiplayer makes it silly mayhem.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    The moment you've all been waiting for has arrived. Join the journey of Solasta: Team Pink!

Absolutely glorious.

Somehow my unwavering devotion to Einar is not yet coming through. But I'm sure it will.
    Because I'm hot!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Absolutely glorious.

Somehow my unwavering devotion to Einar is not yet coming through. But I'm sure it will.
    Because I'm hot!

Pakri. I switched you from Einar to Pakri so you could be in the Order of Owls and be all about that law and order. Plus, Mina is already a cleric of Einar and we should spread around our divine devotions...

Sorry I didn't tell you I changed your religion. :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Well that certainly explains why my devotion to Einar wasn't coming through. Good work, MNC Dover!!
    I'm hot!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Hitman 3 drops in a few hours
    I swear, if they try to get full price out of me... 😡

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I have installed surviving mars again as I stated because "kill everything that isnt a techoorganic [spoilers] or my pets" is bad for my mental health

Especially after all this grinding for necro parts

Eidolon hunting is still fun

Anyway, i fucked around and found out and got my colony stuck on a plateau. Method 1 to get all that sweet resource swag is to slowly build a ramp down from by city on the hill, needing a fick ton waste rock to do so

Method 2 will be sending a rocket to a point B where the tunnel from point A will end up

Good news, my settlement so small, no risk of capturing meteors fucking something vital up

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

I mean, yeah, it's gonna be full price. They're not gonna launch it on sale. That's why I picked it up for $15 on EGS during the winter sale.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options

I mean, yeah, it's gonna be full price. They're not gonna launch it on sale. That's why I picked it up for $15 on EGS during the winter sale.

The majority of former EGS exclusives launched with a discount when they came to Steam afair.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

The majority of former EGS exclusives launched with a discount when they came to Steam afair.

Looks like it's $60. That said, also on GamePass if you have that.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    I don't. Maybe it'll dip during the Lunar sale. I waited a year, I can wait longer.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    I don't. Maybe it'll dip during the Lunar sale. I waited a year, I can wait longer.

I bet you could sub to gamepass for a month for like $10 and finish the game long before the month is up. :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited January 2022

I bet you could sub to gamepass for a month for like $10 and finish the game long before the month is up. :D

I cooouuuuld, but I'll forget to unsub and all that, I know myself :D

e: plus, I have my progress on Steam. It's fine, there's no lack of games. I'm just disappointed in IO. Eh.

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

e: plus, I have my progress on Steam. It's fine, there's no lack of games. I'm just disappointed in IO. Eh.

In recently redeeming a free month of Game Pass (sadly, just the base level, so I can't use it to play Halo 5 which is what I had hoped to do), I had to add a card even though the month itself was free. The first thing I did once I got in was to turn off recurrent payments. Like, very very first thing. :lol:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Hmm, can I port my EGS Hitman progress back to Steam? It was so arduous going the other way.

Edit: the Hitman sub emphatically says no. They're also pissed at pretty much everything about the steam release.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Oh hey, I could get a gamepass month for a buck. HMMMM

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

I save myself from forgetting to unsub to stuff by buying gift cards in stores and using those. Easier than forgetting to uncheck a box that is usually hidden.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Just learned that I can't transfer my potential Gamepass progress to a later purchased Steam version

weak

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Do the purchases at least transfer more than once?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Just learned that I can't transfer my potential Gamepass progress to a later purchased Steam version

weak

It's funny because 5 years ago nobody in their right minds would seriously think about something like this, let alone be mad at its absence.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

weak

It's funny because 5 years ago nobody in their right minds would seriously think about something like this, let alone be mad at its absence.

Well the issue is that games get taken off Gamepass sometimes, and if you want to play it, you have to buy it somewhere.

It was one of my issues with Outer Wilds: besides the game not being particularly good, if I DID want to keep playing, I don't think I could transfer my save over unless I bought it on Windows 10 Store.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options

weak

Well the issue is that games get taken off Gamepass sometimes, and if you want to play it, you have to buy it somewhere.

It was one of my issues with Outer Wilds: besides the game not being particularly good, if I DID want to keep playing, I don't think I could transfer my save over unless I bought it on Windows 10 Store.

excuse me

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I went to the bathroom and my second living dome lost power, they are dropping like flies

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Honestly, I’m a little worried about Game Pass. Like, it feels like…

Man, I am going to describe this badly… but it feels like the “well, it’ll just be on Game Pass why should I buy this game?” Might end up being a bit of a problem, I dunno? Since I was under the impression the money you get from putting them on there isn’t the greatest, but at least it’s something to help recoup part of the cost of making the game.

But it feels like it could form some sort of feedback loop, like with how the mobile market hates games that are sold for more than a dollar.

*shrug* IDK, might be fine and I’m just sleep-deprived from work.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Apparently an IOI person who was active in the Hitman subreddit deleted their account

shit hit the fan huh

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    PMAvers wrote: »

Man, I am going to describe this badly… but it feels like the “well, it’ll just be on Game Pass why should I buy this game?” Might end up being a bit of a problem, I dunno? Since I was under the impression the money you get from putting them on there isn’t the greatest, but at least it’s something to help recoup part of the cost of making the game.

But it feels like it could form some sort of feedback loop, like with how the mobile market hates games that are sold for more than a dollar.

We'll see how it goes long term, but at least for 1st party games, they're still selling gangbusters on steam. I still don't even know what the actual game part of Sea of Thieves is, the bit I played was pretty bare bones.

And not just the skeleton fights

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Expeditions: Rome launched today.

I like how these Expeditions games drop you in an important historical event, but then allow you to give those events your own twist because you're not actually Cortes, or Ragnar, or, as is the case with Rome, Julius Caesar.

So even though I'm not really into Roman history, I decided to get this game anyway because I do enjoy messing with history. And also turn-based CRPGs.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular

weak

What? Yes they would. It's super weird that saves are tied to storefronts now.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

I imagine they're run the numbers and if people sub for $15/month then they're buying 4 games at last gen's full price per year. I don't remember the last time I bought an XB1 game (might have been Recore way back when), but I sure as hell play a lot on Game Pass (just started Death's Door this morning). The market that plays on Xbox first is probably still buying games on release instead of waiting for a potential Game Pass release, and the crowd that subs to Game Pass is in the MS ecosystem even if the only purchase they ever make is more Game Pass.

And the deal is all the sweeter because Game Pass Ultimate gets me PC games, too.

And even better for me (and probably worse for MS) I get it for free because I'm willing to search on bing every day and turn in a daily achievement which nets me enough points to re-up my GPU subscription using MS rewards points.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Not going to start a Saints Row 2 LP, but I thought some people @Pixelated Pixie would appreciate this little anecdote.

I thought my initial Boss was reasonably what I wanted her to be.
    50tbsypkmd3c.jpg

That lasted until my teenage daughter came into my office, asked me what I was playing, and why my character was female.

Upon receiving my explanation: "I want a character I'm going to be staring at for 25-50 hours to be attractive." she pronounced my efforts to be weaksauce and demanded the controller to do better.

One trip to Image as Design and a couple of clothing stores later, The Princess pronounced her efforts good.
    cuvv7tb9g7we.jpg

I mean, she's not wrong.

• Options
    t14f6h4y390l.png

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~