As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Remote Play Together Sale (2/28 - 3/7) - Get some games! Play with friends!

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Just learned that I can't transfer my potential Gamepass progress to a later purchased Steam version

weak

It's funny because 5 years ago nobody in their right minds would seriously think about something like this, let alone be mad at its absence.

What? Yes they would. It's super weird that saves are tied to storefronts now.

But what if you could purchase your save as an NFT...?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Just learned that I can't transfer my potential Gamepass progress to a later purchased Steam version

weak

It's funny because 5 years ago nobody in their right minds would seriously think about something like this, let alone be mad at its absence.

Why would you even put this idea out there in the universe?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular

weak

Everyone knows you need to blockchain saves, that's a no-brainer!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    That lead me to a nightmare galaxy brain idea of a game where you have to pay crypto to save....

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

weak

This is the moment when Iolo destroyed the world as we knew it.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Bad Iolo! Stop!

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    That lead me to a nightmare galaxy brain idea of a game where you have to pay crypto to save....

Already exists and with the bonus of MLM with a splash of EVE Online corpos.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    God, every time BHVR's devs do a Q&A, it just makes me question why the fuck they thought any communication with anybody was a good idea. Just... fucking talk about things you're going to do, and improvements you're going to make. Don't take questions about all the things people want you to do so you can say "fuck you, you're all idiots" and arrogantly talk down to and mock the audience. The fuck is wrong with you.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

weak

Well the issue is that games get taken off Gamepass sometimes, and if you want to play it, you have to buy it somewhere.

It was one of my issues with Outer Wilds: besides the game not being particularly good, if I DID want to keep playing, I don't think I could transfer my save over unless I bought it on Windows 10 Store.

excuse me

Sorry, I did the thing and meant the other one.

The not-Fallout game with one joke. Outer Worlds.

I haven't even played Outer Wilds.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    I also tend to play as female characters, but I never understood the "I'm gonna play as this person so I want them to be hot!" mentality. It's like, you got to the right result but for the wrong reasons.

I don't think I want to fuck any digital characters.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Apparently an IOI person who was active in the Hitman subreddit deleted their account

shit hit the fan huh

The IO community manager hangs out there a bunch, but it's gotten understandably harder in recent years as IO has started doing more and more things that the community didn't like. And suddenly the community manager becomes a lightning rod and target for abuse that they don't deserve: IO deserves it, not him.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I also tend to play as female characters, but I never understood the "I'm gonna play as this person so I want them to be hot!" mentality. It's like, you got to the right result but for the wrong reasons.

I don't think I want to fuck any digital characters.

>.>

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I want to play as female characters, because honestly they usually are better acted.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Apparently an IOI person who was active in the Hitman subreddit deleted their account

shit hit the fan huh

The IO community manager hangs out there a bunch, but it's gotten understandably harder in recent years as IO has started doing more and more things that the community didn't like. And suddenly the community manager becomes a lightning rod and target for abuse that they don't deserve: IO deserves it, not him.

Idk if IO deserves it either. Angry gamers are a bunch of babies and nobody should have to put up with them.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    This has been a test of the No Goddamn NFTs warning system. You all had the correct responses. Well done!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Steam threading.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    i for one am glad to finally get my saves outside of the system of banking regulation and instead pay a flat fee per save of *checks notes* $45

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Betsuni wrote: »

weak

This is the moment when Iolo destroyed the world as we knew it.

Future historians will look back at this day and condemn us for not stopping him.
    This has been a test of the No Goddamn NFTs warning system. You all had the correct responses. Well done!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Steam threading.

Terrible crypto ideas are like bad weather or things that could go wrong at work. You can't give them voice lest you breathe them into existence.

Hevach on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

weak

Why would you even put this idea out there in the universe?

Because he’s hot!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Reports of horrible experiences of Gamepass PC alone are probably pushing MS' Steam sales. Not much danger buying in for a buck and see for yourself, but they just added the ability to choose where your games install like a few months ago. Some games they are even gracious enough to allow you to mod! UWP is very much the devil and though that seems to be deprecated going forward, it's still a huge chunk of the existing MS Store.

• Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I want to play as female characters, because honestly they usually are better acted.

I get that. Femshep for life.

I usually play a female character because I'm not a woman. I get to act out a life through a lens not my own.

For example, in FF14 I'm currently a FemRoe. As much as I might want to be, I'm not a 7 foot tall Amazonian walking fortress. But at least I have an avenue for it.

The Brayster on
    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular

Nooooooo close the box close the bo-

1*cLSxT5AwMI_-LOGlfEXCFw.jpeg

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

I usually play a female character because I'm not a woman. I get to act out a life through a lens not my own.

For example, in FF14 I'm currently a FemRoe. As much as I might want to be, I'm not a 7 foot tall Amazonian walking fortress. But at least I have an avenue for it.

I go back and forth. If I can customize the character I tend to play as a dude and make him look like me. If I can't I tend to play as a lady because I like lookin' at ladies.

I did make a male lalafell in FFXIV though because I thought it would be funny to see a two and a half foot tall warrior running around. I haven't played in a while and can't find where I put my actual character screenshots but here's what he looks like:
    jik2pxc642di.jpg

• Options

FemRoe for life.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Whenever there's a character creator, I'm almost always a version of myself, which means I rarely play as a gal. For games like AC Odyssey where I found out Kassandra was the intended main character, I played as her because that made the most sense. I don't generally favor a gender when playing a game that lets you switch around characters, or assigns gender and class at once. So, like, if the only magic class that's like the traditional fire/ice/lightning/etc wizard is female, that's the one that I'm playing. Because magic. Otherwise, all things being equal I usually play "me" in as close as the character creator can get.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I always make who I'd want to be if possible. Invariably that ends up being female characters.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    If there’s purple hair, I’m pickin’ it.

All the more sad that my own real hair does not want to accept purple as valid. The punk red was fine, the purple washed out immediately.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I try to flip races and genders in games

Was quite happy default skyrim let me get a redguard who had the aesthetics of my fatherland's women (1k years of sea trade has perks)

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

weak

I can honeslty say I've never had a problem. All the games I've played across two stores (Steam and GoG) have put their saves in the same My Documents folder and uploaded cloud backups after saving locally. They've happily picked up the save from the local location from the other storefront and done a cloud backup as well.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    Does Project Zomboid win the prize for “longest early access period ever” or…?

It’s fun tho. I doubt I would like it much fully solo, but multiplayer makes it silly mayhem.

I believe Warframe is still technically in beta.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I alternate at kind of random, but generally if the game involves a bunch of outfit customization (you know, your Monster Hunters and the like) I will intentionally always play a girl because I tend towards armor-y characters and I would rather not play a walking refrigerator.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

weak

Well the issue is that games get taken off Gamepass sometimes, and if you want to play it, you have to buy it somewhere.

It was one of my issues with Outer Wilds: besides the game not being particularly good, if I DID want to keep playing, I don't think I could transfer my save over unless I bought it on Windows 10 Store.

excuse me

Sorry, I did the thing and meant the other one.

The not-Fallout game with one joke. Outer Worlds.

I haven't even played Outer Wilds.
    Aahhh, okay.
    I enjoyed Outer Worlds for what it was, but the reduced scope really did it no favors. party members got less interesting as you met them, too, which is odd

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

1*cLSxT5AwMI_-LOGlfEXCFw.jpeg

pandora’s lootbox

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Most hilarious thing that ever happened to me playing a female character was playing Guild Wars 1. I was playing a female Ranger in expensive Druid armour that was effectively just a leather, leaf and twig bikini.

Some player ran up and just stood next to me for a few minutes, then:

Them: Hi
    Me: Hi
    Them: You’re hot
    Me: I’m a guy
    Them: OH MY GOD
    *leaves town*

I was laughing for hours.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    O dang, thanks @Viking for sending me Vampire Survivors! Sounds kind of wild! Can't wait to check it out!

dD4p8YB.png

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I just thought out the best improvement to viscera clean up detail and need to actually play the game now

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    s7nj2nduvilo.png

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    HitBit is the amazing.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I’m gonna make an NFT of that. Is that how it works?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I’m gonna make an NFT of that. Is that how it works?

Right-click -> "Save as..."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Hey, look! I just made a new NFT!
    qi7s6mzrvktp.png