As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Remote Play Together Sale (2/28 - 3/7) - Get some games! Play with friends!

• Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    I just played a bunch of Superflight, which sank its hooks in almost immediately with a gameplay loop of wingsuit flight around and through caves in procedurally-generated floating rock formations. Don't like a particular map? Find a warp or just dive into the clouds to try a new one. I've only tried out a couple seeds posted in the community, but they were good for setting up lengthy combos.

Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Yeah, Superflight is pretty neat.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    y6k7vphpfi3q.jpg
    Fixed Library being unresponsive after startup on machines with thousands of installed games

Jesus Christ.

Yeah, that's insane. I only have 260 games installed. I can't imagine having the space to have 1000s.

Even this seems crazy to me.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    But do you regret your words and deeds?

That's my secret, I regret everything.

Except this, @KoopahTroopah (thanks for the reminder! :+1: )

rm8D5Ia.jpg

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

I had honestly forgotten this. What an asshole.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

Nope, best character in the team, apart from DD.
    (Best dog)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    What is the difference between Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together besides multiplayer?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    What would make a more entertaining charity stream, FMV or rhythm games? I have too many of both.

Dress up and act out FMV scenes

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I vote FMV. With or without dress up.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    y6k7vphpfi3q.jpg
    Fixed Library being unresponsive after startup on machines with thousands of installed games

Jesus Christ.

Yeah, that's insane. I only have 260 games installed. I can't imagine having the space to have 1000s.

Yeah, right now I have 13 games instealled, and even then I coulf probably prune half of them because I'm not actively playing them.

When I have too many games installed, I get choice paralysis and don't play anything.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I try to keep my number of games installed to a small enough number that I don't have to scroll my library. That seems like a reasonable number to me.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    y6k7vphpfi3q.jpg

Jesus Christ.

Yeah, right now I have 13 games instealled, and even then I coulf probably prune half of them because I'm not actively playing them.

When I have too many games installed, I get choice paralysis and don't play anything.

Yeah, that's one reason I'm not keeping too many installed.

Also, in any collection of thousands of Steam games, there have to be a ton that are cases of quick pick up and play, okay I'm good, moving on now. I don't know that I would tempted to keep them hanging around even if my SSD was some crash-landed alien shit that could hold everything.

Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Konami got the Yakuza to deny Kojima's new company health insurance.

I'm sorry, what?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    What would make a more entertaining charity stream, FMV or rhythm games? I have too many of both.

I guess an Auger costume would be pretty easy.

nte1.gif?ssl=1&w=233&zoom=2

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
  • Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Stragint wrote: »
    What is the difference between Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together besides multiplayer?

They're updating Together regularly with new events, new characters, new items etc. At the moment I think it has Terraria crossover event, the last content update (besides bug fixes) on Don't Starve singleplayer was in 2018 when they released a dlc. But Don't Starve singleplayer also has some unique content that is not present in DST, like the Hamlet dlc and Shipwrecked dlc.

Florin on
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    edited November 2021

I guess an Auger costume would be pretty easy.

nte1.gif?ssl=1&w=233&zoom=2

I'm only donating if there's Demi-fiend cosplay.
    atlus-usa-presents-shin-megami-tensei-nocturne-1-800x800.jpg

an_alt on
    Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Iolo wrote: »
    Mirkel wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I'm really interested in that new Ruined King game, but I was hoping someone here had already got it and could give me an honest review.

I re-bought it after they fixed the bug (also I take it back what I said about their bad QA - looks like the bug was only for Swedish/Finnish versions of Windows, that's understandable to miss) and it works fine for me now. Haven't gotten very far yet but it's fairly close to their previous game Battle Chasers. Lots of turn-based combat with walking around in between. I like it so far, game looks and sounds good and the combat animations are great. There's a lot of different abilities for each character and you can customize them with talent points. So if that sounds like your cup of tea I can recommend it.

Frankly both Battle Chasers and this are what I always wish the turn-based combat in JRPGs would be like. There's no million-turn long boss fights or constant one-shots in harder fights or spamming auto-attack against pointless constantly respawning trash mobs.

Wait, is this essentially just a reskin of Battle Chasers with League of Legends stuff?

I had been ignoring this game because it said League of Legends and I have no need for lane based MOBAs teams gacha and whatnot and get off my lawn.

But I really liked Battle Chasers.

EDIT: Please don't gift it to me. Will decline. Just curious.

More or less, yes. I've never played LoL and that hasn't really hindered me any here, it explains any relevant lore stuff well enough with cutscenes and conversations and party's chats. I'm sure you'd like this just fine. Been a while since I played Battle Chasers but I think this has even more customization layers (talents, runes, gear, gear enchants, party composition) than it had which is one of the things an autistic tinkerer like me really likes.

Hey Mirkel, some quick Ruined King questions for you.

I'm about 3 hours in and just finished some cutscenes introducing Yasuo and Ahri. Is it just me (it probably is) or is everything really slow? My characters "runs" through the map like they're in first gear. The Bildgewater map is huge so it takes forever to get anywhere and there's no minimap on-screen, so I'm having to open the map constantly which keeps things slow. And why do I have to scan to see shit on the map?

The menus are a jumbled mess of abilities, armor, items, and so forth. I have no idea what I'm doing with half the stuff I've found so far.

In combat, should I be worried about mana at all? Instant attacks are basically worthless, but Lane attacks are painfully slow (even at "fast" speed). I'm guessing that combat won't change much, so I'll just have to get used to it. There seems like a lot of debuffs for each character which I'm unsure of what they do. Do they matter or should I just ignore them?

For slowness, have you switched running on? It shows a running man in the lower left corner if you are running, it's SHIFT key by default I think.

I didn't have any issues with the menus so can't really help you there.

Combat - my problem later in the game is that instant attacks are so good after they've been upgraded that everything dies before I get to use lane abilities much. The slower lane abilities are too slow I agree, by the time they fire the target is often either dead or so low that the slow lane ability is now an overkill. I usually start any battle with an instant attack or two and then use overcharge to pay for lane abilities, but if you don't mind using mana potions (you get tons of potions if you loot everything) I guess you could start using them earlier. The thing is most champions buff themselves with the instant abilities or debuff the enemies so even if mana wasn't an issue you'd still want to start with instants.

There's quite a lot of text and synergies and stuff for each champion, if you aren't that interested then you can just switch to easier difficulty. The game does have a fairly bad difficulty curve where it starts challenging but after lvl 15 or so it just gets easier and easier and you outlevel all enemies even if you ignore side quests. I'm playing on Normal and while I had to pay attention early on now I can just spam quick attack and things die. I think the game suffers from a common problem where the early game is well tested but late game balance isn't that good. Their previous game had better balance but I played it way after launch so they might've patched it better, I don't know. This one could use an extensive balance patch too for sure.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Guys. GUYS. Farming Simulator 22 is supposed to launch tomorrow. I know what I'm doing with my entire week and weekend.

I'm only sort of kidding.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    akjak wrote: »
    Guys. GUYS. Farming Simulator 22 is supposed to launch tomorrow. I know what I'm doing with my entire week and weekend.

360 crop rotation

I'm tempted to check out the new Farming Simulator, I played one of the earlier ones for a while and it was a lot of fun. Very relaxing.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    akjak wrote: »

360 crop rotation

I'm tempted to check out the new Farming Simulator, I played one of the earlier ones for a while and it was a lot of fun. Very relaxing.

PSH! 720 NO SCOPE crop rotation!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    y6k7vphpfi3q.jpg

Jesus Christ.

It's easy. When you start running out of space you buy another SSD.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Florin wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »

They're updating Together regularly with new events, new characters, new items etc. At the moment I think it has Terraria crossover event, the last content update (besides bug fixes) on Don't Starve singleplayer was in 2018 when they released a dlc. But Don't Starve singleplayer also has some unique content that is not present in DST, like the Hamlet dlc and Shipwrecked dlc.

Cool, so no reason not to play both in sounds.

Thank you!

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Feels nice to go back to the military checkpoint and get some payback.

Too much to loot and carry, giving up on shotguns and just sticking to two rifles, sniper rifle, and a submachine gun.

That sounds like a bit much, though. The rifle with the grenade launcher might not have good amounts of ammo later on......welp, just gotta muscle my way through and see what happens.....or find a safe storage point near the lab area to store the 2nd rifle as backup

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I try to keep my number of games installed to a small enough number that I don't have to scroll my library. That seems like a reasonable number to me.

twist: Pixie's Steam library is on a second screen, an ultrawide monitor in vertical mode

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Stolls wrote: »

That's my secret, I regret everything.

Except this, KoopahTroopah (thanks for the reminder! :+1: )

rm8D5Ia.jpg

Thank you @Stolls ! Super classy of you and puts us over $500! <3

Also, thanks to @an_alt for putting us at an uneven dollar amount! <3

Five days!

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    y6k7vphpfi3q.jpg

Jesus Christ.

It's easy. When you start running out of space you buy another SSD.

Unfortunately I don't have unlimited money or slots; both of which you need for SSDs.

Also, I don't play more than 2-3 games at a time anyway so it never made sense for me.

• Options
    el_vicio wrote: »

twist: Pixie's Steam library is on a second screen, an ultrawide monitor in vertical mode

It's not an ultrawide but... you're not entirely off-base...

>.>

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular

>.>

modern-problems-chapelle.gif

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    y6k7vphpfi3q.jpg

Jesus Christ.

Ha! I have 3 things installed and one of them is a demo.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I have 2 things installed and one of them is you need a budget.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    I have 2 things installed and one of them is you need a budget.

I assume the other is a gatcha game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Dead Cells getting a new free update, bringing weapons, skills & skins from Hollow Knight, Blasphemous, Hyper Light Drifter, Guacamelee, Skul & Curse of the Dead Gods:
    https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/588650/view/3073137349138845593
    https://youtu.be/rUb-6F1TV6M

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited November 2021

>.>

1) That's not a computer, that's a goddamn spaceship
    2) how do you play when you're being watched like that o.o

e: okay I just saw the drink holder, that's truck af and I love it

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

>.>

There is so much about that that is giving me setup envy.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Trufax: I have the same desk and drink holder thanks to Pixie's advice when I was looking to buy one earlier this year.

Also I try to keep all my currently installed games favorited and keep my favorites to about 20. If something gets removed I uninstall it, and vice versa, to keep the list manageable.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Not gonna lie, that drink holder is my favorite thing about this desk.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    I've been hovering around ~600 games installed for a while now, and that's on a 6TB drive with with almost no room left over. God knows how much space you'd need for thousands.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I've been hovering around ~600 games installed for a while now, and that's on a 6TB drive with with almost no room left over. God knows how much space you'd need for thousands.

It's literally got to be indie games or anime tits (even then, what's the typical size of a Sakura game?).

Unless DLC counts, in that case it's like three Paradox games or Train Simulator.

Hevach on