Options

[Hearthstone] Arfus is the bestest boy

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    So, Plague to counter, right?

Plague, Paladin, or you can go the Druid Armor fatigue route.

### Custom Druid
    # Class: Druid
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Wolf
    #
    # 2x (0) Aquatic Form
    # 2x (0) Innervate
    # 2x (1) Cactus Construct
    # 2x (1) Planted Evidence
    # 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
    # 1x (2) Audio Amplifier
    # 2x (2) Dew Process
    # 2x (2) Embrace of Nature
    # 1x (2) Lifebinder's Gift
    # 2x (2) Rehydrate
    # 2x (2) Solar Eclipse
    # 2x (2) Splish-Splash Whelp
    # 2x (3) Frost Lotus Seedling
    # 2x (3) Pendant of Earth
    # 1x (3) Prince Renathal
    # 2x (3) Take to the Skies
    # 2x (5) Nourish
    # 2x (5) Shattered Reflections
    # 1x (7) Topior the Shrubbagazzor
    # 2x (8) Crypt Keeper
    # 1x (9) Fye, the Setting Sun
    # 1x (9) Yogg-Saron, Unleashed
    # 1x (10) Eonar, the Life-Binder
    # 2x (20) Naga Giant
    #
    AAECAdfXAwjlsATv3gSX7wTGxwWf8wX9jQaplQbBlQYQrp8E2p8EjbIErsAE1t4EhO8EtpgF2/oF8foFu5UGvpUG15wG2JwGqZ4Gl6AGmqAGAAA=

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    ### Excavate and Countess
    # Class: Paladin
    # Year of the Wolf

Saved as Release Meta Counteress and it's a quick 4-0 against a mirror-esque Paladin, Wig Priest (??!!), and then a DK and a Warrior that I stomped down much too quick to see what they were doing.

19/13 Windfury Divine Shield Lifesteal Sanguine on turn 6. Yep yep yep.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    First time trying Double Rainbow against Brann warrior, went to fatigue and CNE did 20 damage face and summoned 7 15/12s. Pretty satisfying win

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Yeah even if the decks were bad, there'd be a huge warrior population just because double battlecries is Funny, no matter how many hoops you have to jump through for it

The fact that the hoops are very few and the decks are good just amplifies that

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I played two games against that armor druid and I can't remember ever hating a deck as much as that one.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Just had this pop up after the end of a BG match:
    4dk4r45jptf8.png
    RIP Lubber

• Options
    I'm thinking about replacing Tour Guide for the new 2 mana spell that gives you two recruits (which have death rattle: summon a 1/1 ghoul.

It's a spell which helps activate Queen and gives 4 corpses instead of 2.

Downsides I lose a one drop that generates a ghoul on the spot thx to the free hero power.

What do you guys think?

See my profile here!
  • Options
    I finally bit the bullet and crafted Helya for Plague DK and it seems to have been a mistake.

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    I played two games against that armor druid and I can't remember ever hating a deck as much as that one.

Yeah, mill decks are the fucking worst. Especially one that can gain silly amounts of life and make multiple gigantic boards, then never fatigue. It's good in virtually every phase of the game and has an inevitable endgame. It needs MAJOR nerfs.

• Options
    The miniset boosted some of the strong classes to crazypants level and Plague DK did not seem to keep up. Maybe it'll stand a chance after the nerf cycle.

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    The miniset boosted some of the strong classes to crazypants level and Plague DK did not seem to keep up. Maybe it'll stand a chance after the nerf cycle.

I’m happy that I hit legend already. The current battlegrounds patch is pretty fun so I’m just playing that until they balance standard.

• Options
    Control warrior is good against aggro but has a terrible matchup against mill ramp Druid. It’s fun though. Excavate rogue seems very bad now, it’s not fast enough nor does it have enough midgame burst.

I’ve had ok luck with plague DK except against aggro. I think mill ramp Druid is prob the meta defining deck, since it has a pretty good matchup spread. Maybe some insanely fast aggro deck holds it in check? Not sure if that’s possible given how much life it gains (plus, infinite full heals can pull it back from the brink).

• Options
    edited January 22
    I kept running into Paladins when I tried to play Plague DK. I beat 1 in 4 and that win felt like a miracle. They can easily kill you on turn 5 if you don't get a perfect opener, and even with a good start you can still get blown out.

forty on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Vicious Syndicate podcast indicates that Reno Warrior is starting to look very bad as the meta settles. Tier 3 deck

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Vicious Syndicate podcast indicates that Reno Warrior is starting to look very bad as the meta settles. Tier 3 deck

Eh, I’ve gone 55% with Reno warrior. It’s not top tier but I think it’s very matchup dependent, so ymmv

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    I kept running into Paladins when I tried to play Plague DK. I beat 1 in 4 and that win felt like a miracle. They can easily kill you on turn 5 if you don't get a perfect opener, and even with a good start you can still get blown out.

I have a decent win rate with Plague DK against paladin.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    edited January 22
    I'm doing well with Rainbow vs the new palladin as well.
    Should anyone care: decided to keep the new spell as it generates way more pressure than the Tour Guide.

Now I'm trying out the naga that copies a spell drawn instead of the Acolyre of death (3/3-4 draw a card when a friendly undead dies).
    Upside: potential 3rd Necrotic Explosion or just either better boardclears and or draw, which also helps the Queen.
    Downside: can also copy a plague and potentially slightly less draw in the deck, but I feel the deck still has quite a lot of draw.

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
  • Options
    Went 6-3 this morning in Legend with a lower curve Reno warrior list. I cut Odin since he’s only good in mirrors basically (you never have time to get him down against aggro, and he’s too clunky against Mill Druid).

Aftershocks has been essential against aggro and is really good against paladin (fu divine shields) and tree Druid (can clean up and/or weaken deathrattles). That’s why I put another one in ETC rather than Boom (would swap it if I saw more control). Not a perfect list but probably a good place to start.

### Custom Warrior2
    # Class: Warrior
    # Year of the Wolf
    #
    # 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
    # 1x (1) Slam
    # 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
    # 1x (2) Bladestorm
    # 1x (2) Blast Charge
    # 1x (2) Dirty Rat
    # 1x (2) Flint Firearm
    # 1x (2) Kobold Miner
    # 1x (2) Needlerock Totem
    # 1x (2) Shield Block
    # 1x (2) Stoneskin Armorer
    # 1x (3) Bellowing Flames
    # 1x (3) From the Depths
    # 1x (3) Reinforced Plating
    # 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
    # 1x (3) Steam Guardian
    # 1x (4) Aftershocks
    # 1x (4) Craftsman's Hammer
    # 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
    # 1x (4) Aftershocks
    # 1x (5) Steamcleaner
    # 1x (6) Theotar, the Mad Duke
    # 1x (4) Ignis, the Eternal Flame
    # 1x (4) School Teacher
    # 1x (5) Brawl
    # 1x (5) Burrow Buster
    # 1x (5) Sanitize
    # 1x (6) Deepminer Brann
    # 1x (6) Trial by Fire
    # 1x (7) Badlands Brawler
    # 1x (8) Reno, Lone Ranger
    # 1x (8) Tidal Revenant
    # 1x (9) Yogg-Saron, Unleashed
    #
    AAECAQcehqAEiKAE5bAEjLcElrcE884EjtQE4qQF/cQFtPgFkPsFl/sFofsFpPsF2IEGhYIGyoMG0IMGko4GwpEGi5QGqZUG5JgG6JgGnJ4Gn54GzZ4G0Z4Gr6gG0LAGAAABA7jZBP3EBf/hBP3EBZ+eBv3EBQAA
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »

Yeah, mill decks are the fucking worst. Especially one that can gain silly amounts of life and make multiple gigantic boards, then never fatigue. It's good in virtually every phase of the game and has an inevitable endgame. It needs MAJOR nerfs.

I was doing great against one of these dumb druid decks and then they cast *four* copies of Shattered Reflections and played like 3 Astalor's against me sitting at 80 life. The fuck is my midrange secrets deck supposed to do about that?

I can't even talk about Reno warrior. The meta is just really really stupid right now.

• Options

I was doing great against one of these dumb druid decks and then they cast *four* copies of Shattered Reflections and played like 3 Astalor's against me sitting at 80 life. The fuck is my midrange secrets deck supposed to do about that?

I can't even talk about Reno warrior. The meta is just really really stupid right now.

You can’t really go over the top of mill Druid. Basically, rush them down or lose. So it’s pretty rock paper scissors right now. Aggro will try to keep mill Druid in check, control (usually warrior) will try to prey on aggro, and mill Druid will destroy control and try to marginally improve against aggro.

Depending on the relative strength of each archetype, the meta will shift to adjust. If they’re roughly even, then just pick whichever you prefer. If one is the strongest, then the composition will shift to be more of the strongest deck and its counter, with the odd one out declining.

I’m seeing more aggro recently (maybe players trying to beat mill Druid) so my control warrior deck list is mostly aimed at them (for example, aftershocks in ETC rather than Boom).

• Options
    Mill Druid should have problems with 2 boards of 15/15 right?

I haven't encountered the deck yet, strangely enough.

See my profile here!
  • Options

Probably not. They can play basically endless taunts and heal to full. You need to clear the taunts before attacking. It’s one of the problems with the deck, it’s very good at dragging games out.

• Options
    This meta feels is pretty hostile to midrange shit, which is usually what I play. Hell, the mage secret deck I'm playing is fairly aggressive and I felt like I was winning the whole game but it was an illusion.

• Options
    d86k9qfhrmw0.png

Average turn 4 Rogue board. The deathrattles are of course copied from Drilly.

• Options
    It's amazing to me that Velarok only requires one card to activate. It takes almost no effort for a rogue to do this.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Just hit Dad Legend for the first time ever. Not sure I will have enough time for a Legend push with work stuff going on but man I feel like if I made it this far, I have the technical skill to reach Legend.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Just hit Dad Legend for the first time ever. Not sure I will have enough time for a Legend push with work stuff going on but man I feel like if I made it this far, I have the technical skill to reach Legend.

Yeah, the only difference is time. There are a lot of trash players in legend 😆

• Options
    I lied and played some more, up to D4 now. FML now I just want to forsake all responsibilities and go for it.

sig.gif

• Options
    Having played with some new variants and different sets of cards. I'm feeling this mix has a good chance versus the current meta. In goes Crusher and Mining Casualties, together with surprise hit Sire Denathrius. He is like a second or 3d Explosion, and benefits greatly from the creature generation and destruyction.

The new weapon is perfect versus Warrior, but I might return to my murlocs again as its populairity is quickly waining.

### Rainbow 3.0
    # Class: Death Knight
    # Year of the Wolf
    #
    # 2x (1) Arms Dealer
    # 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
    # 2x (2) Gold Panner
    # 2x (2) Mining Casualties
    # 2x (2) Plague Strike
    # 2x (3) Chillfallen Baron
    # 2x (3) Crop Rotation
    # 2x (3) Nerubian Vizier
    # 2x (3) Sickly Grimewalker
    # 2x (4) Malignant Horror
    # 1x (4) Maw and Paw
    # 2x (4) Quartzite Crusher
    # 2x (5) Corpse Bride
    # 1x (5) Queen Azshara
    # 1x (6) Sylvanas, the Accused
    # 1x (8) The Primus
    # 1x (10) Climactic Necrotic Explosion
    # 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
    # 1x (20) Reska, the Pit Boss
    #
    AAECAdDJBgjbuQTp0ASk7wTipAX8+QXt/wWLkgb/lwYL8OMEh/YEtPcEmYEFkpMFopkFl5UGkZcGzpwGkqAGy7AGAAA=
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

See my profile here!
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    I am hoping they nerf that fatigue Druid. It's a pain to play against and takes forever. I thought Bliz wasn't a fan of the burning cards when Rogue did it but it's fine for Druid?

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    I feel like Druid, Pally and Rogue are all getting hit. I was maybe going to buy the tavern pass just for Velarok (and the other goodies) but if that deck gets smacked then I won't bother.

sig.gif

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Shroomscvate is just nuts.

They need to make the guy who designed that post publicly about why they wanted to break standard.

3 mana wind fury in a hilarious sticky deck with 8 other buff cards, 2 of which can be zero mana by turn 5/6? Yeah, that was always going to be busted.

• Options
    ronzo wrote: »

They need to make the guy who designed that post publicly about why they wanted to break standard.

3 mana wind fury in a hilarious sticky deck with 8 other buff cards, 2 of which can be zero mana by turn 5/6? Yeah, that was always going to be busted.

Easy fix: get rid of windfury. Divine shield and an excavate seems fine.

• Options
    edited January 25
    ronzo wrote: »

Easy fix: get rid of windfury. Divine shield and an excavate seems fine.
    That probably won't work for Team 5, because it breaks the flavor of the card. It's a dual-class card and that's why it's divine shield + windfury. With only divine shield, it doesn't make much sense being a paladin/shaman card.

If I were going to nerf it, I'd just slap the old "It can't attack heroes this turn" on it a la Blessing of Authority.

forty on
  • Options

Probably not. They can play basically endless taunts and heal to full. You need to clear the taunts before attacking. It’s one of the problems with the deck, it’s very good at dragging games out.

Finally had a chance to square off against the dreaded Druid.

cfniifpvlefv.jpg

This one couldn't even handle a single Explosion.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    I have a light work day tomorrow so I am going to try and push for Legend before the nerf hits. Right at D3 (3 stars) and hoping I can get it done tomorrow. If not then I'll find some time this weekend and/or early next week.

I really, really want to make Legend.

sig.gif

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    gbjeaxsqrqkv.png

lol?

• Options
    Welp, I didn't do 100 damage to the Druid in 6 turns, I guess I played into that OTK. :|

• Options
    Idx86 wrote: »
    I have a light work day tomorrow so I am going to try and push for Legend before the nerf hits. Right at D3 (3 stars) and hoping I can get it done tomorrow. If not then I'll find some time this weekend and/or early next week.

I really, really want to make Legend.

Good luck!

I don't even know if I'll hit Diamond this season, I just feel so deflated by the current metagame. I did find that my reno dragon druid is still pretty good and several of the new cards fit in well. But it doesn't hold a candle to reno warrior which is everywhere. And I'd really like to play something different anyway.

I've seen a lot less of the mill druid (fingers crossed). But warrior and rogue remain absurdly oppressive.

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    edited January 26
    I feel like I'd rather play against a bunch of the unstoppable meta decks than this endless drudgery of random-keysmash names that seem to just aimlessly play random core cards, that plague the lower ranks.

e: They're not bots, at least not like the ones I've seen in prior months - the bots play good decks, well, and play instantly and faster than any human could. These are actually taking time on their turns, thinking, before dropping, like, a Chillwind Yeti on 7.

antherem on