As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I can't log in. Blizzard sent me an email saying my password has been reset because my authenticator is too old, and to go to the "forgot my password" thing on battle.net to get a new password. That (is supposed to) send a one-time passcode to my email, which it doesn't. (I get emails from them, such as the one about the old authenticator, but not this email. And now battle.net gives an error after me clicking the "re-send code" button "too many times".)

I guess that's one way of breaking an addiction.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    I stole this deck but it's pretty good.

# Class: Paladin
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Pegasus
    #
    # 2x (1) Drone Deconstructor
    # 2x (1) Frequency Oscillator
    # 2x (1) Righteous Protector
    # 2x (2) Hi Ho Silverwing
    # 2x (2) Jukebox Totem
    # 2x (2) Mining Casualties
    # 2x (2) Showdown!
    # 2x (3) Bucket of Soldiers
    # 2x (3) Muster for Battle
    # 2x (3) Tigress Plushy
    # 2x (4) Crusader Aura
    # 2x (4) Flash Sale
    # 1x (5) Toy Captain Tarim
    # 1x (6) Harth Stonebrew
    # 1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000
    # 1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000
    # 1x (3) Pylon Module
    # 1x (4) Ticking Module
    # 1x (8) Prismatic Beam
    # 2x (10) Sea Giant
    #
    AAECAaToAgSZjgbHpAbTqQbmqQYNyaAEotQE2dAF8egFlPUFlfUFuf4FvI8G9ZUGkqAGz6kG0akG3roGAAED87MGx6QG9rMGx6QG6N4Gx6QGAAA=

You keep on tossing out minions and then buffing them. If you run out of steam, use Stonebrew and you are cooking again. I had all my minions nuked over and over against Warrior so I used Stonebrew and got Galakrond Priest and got the win.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Best card art: Testing Dummy
    tmja9jwne7b6.png
    Best flavor text: Fetch

• Options
    Does Miniaturize work like a battlecry card or does it work like a played card? If a Dirty Rat pulled a Miniaturize minion from an opponent's hand, it wouldn't leave behind a Mini version, right?

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Does Miniaturize work like a battlecry card or does it work like a played card? If a Dirty Rat pulled a Miniaturize minion from an opponent's hand, it wouldn't leave behind a Mini version, right?
    You have to Play the card, so no Dirty Rat/summon minis.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Its Tendrils everywhere in ranked right now

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Is there a reason why they didn't use some keywords on new cards? I think I saw a corrupt card and a honorable kill card that just had the text spelled out.

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    I seem to be running into nothing but some sort of weird Death Knight Headless Horseman deck.

• Options
    edited March 22
    Grobian wrote: »
    Is there a reason why they didn't use some keywords on new cards? I think I saw a corrupt card and a honorable kill card that just had the text spelled out.
    Those keywords were limited to those specific expansions/year. The gimmick of all the "Nostalgic <X>" cards is that they specifically implement a keyword from a prior expansion without having the keyword itself (while also having Miniaturize). There's also a Spellburst one.

forty on
  • Options
    NoHandsGamer was playing a Wheel Warlock control deck that seemed pretty legit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1i0myR4cJI

Sometimes it just wins around turn 6-7 by making 2-3 15/15s out of Loken if your opponent doesn't have some big removal. And if you whiff on Loken by drawing your big shit early, it still has a solid win condition via Wheel, which allows you to instantly drop Fan for some immediate defense, with things like Reno and Sargeras to help stall, and Zilliax or Symphony to help reduce fatigue damage. I think after making this video, he swapped out the Speaker Stompers for something, but I don't remember what. :(

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    A lot of CCGs won’t use keywords for a mechanic that’s just a one or two off in the set, in an effort to lower the mental load of learning new cards. You don’t gotta hover over the card to learn “honourable kill”s definition in order to parse one card in the set

Now, obviously, concepts like that were more prevalent with physical CCGs, where the way you would have to look up an old mechanic was through googling two year old cards. There’s various experimentation and opinions through various digital CCGs as to whether these truisms about learning load still hold true when you get all the ingame functionality. But of course, digital games also have a second requirement: QA. Making it so that this card isn’t ACTUALLY the Corrupt mechanic, for example, means you don’t have to test that it works correctly with each card from the past that cared about cards being Corrupted

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Ironically, in this same expansion they finally made Elusive a keyword after 10 years.

And Counter was a single card keyword for like the first 7 years of HS's life.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    As an old it was definitely jarring to me, because I was trying to figure out how the mechanic is different from the keyword. I can see the benefit for new players.

It's funny to me that they also push signature cards which always require you to read the hover text. If money is involved, those new players can fend for themselves.

• Options
    edited March 25
    Did about average in # of legendaries vs. packs opened, but I managed to unpack both DK legendaries, which is what I was really hoping for. They both seem like good choices for Rainbow DK, which I'm hoping to do the dad legend climb with this month. Still in gold so I've got a way to go.

Early impression is that Paladin seems totally bonkers so far. Ran into one person playing Whizbang. It might have been a decent deck, but I kinda drew/RNG'd the nuts so he didn't get to do much with it.

forty on
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Golden Packs have a "first 10 pack opened nets a legendary" guarantee, right?

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    handbuff paladin is unbelievably toxic

that weapon is nonsense

• Options
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Golden Packs have a "first 10 pack opened nets a legendary" guarantee, right?
    In my experience, they have a guarantee of 4 commons and 1 rare.

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

that weapon is nonsense
    I don't see how Paladin doesn't get hit in the first balance patch.

• Options
    I have won a game with every class for this Tavern Brawl except Warlock. I've played 5 games and the stars must have to align perfectly if you want to last to turn 10 and start throwing around fat demons.

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »

that weapon is nonsense

It seems Palladin isn't that strong in higher ladders, but for the sake of the lower ranks they should address it.

If you are having trouble, try using Taunt warrior or even better: Beast Hunter.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I played ranked for the first time in about three months, and holy cow Wild is infested with bots. Since it had been a while since I’d played, my MMR had declined, and I think that I played 95% bots until I hit Diamond, at which point I was only against 40% bots. On the one hand, Even Warrior ate the aggro bots up and spit them out. But yikes. So many basic rogue portraits with a name like [fancy colour name][creature] (for example, EbonyImp or JadeHawk or RubyGnoll), all playing in a weirdly timed way. It made the legend climb easy I guess.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Alphagaia wrote: »

that weapon is nonsense

It seems Palladin isn't that strong in higher ladders, but for the sake of the lower ranks they should address it.

If you are having trouble, try using Taunt warrior or even better: Beast Hunter.

Beast Hunter? How does Beast Hunter clear the board of 1/1s before the Paladin starts throwing down auras?

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »

that weapon is nonsense

Beast Hunter? How does Beast Hunter clear the board of 1/1s before the Paladin starts throwing down auras?

According to this podcast, because it's so much faster than Paladin.

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-podcast-episode-157/

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Beast Hunter can make wide, aggressive boards fairly quickly if not actively cleared out with spells. Buff Paladin doesn't have a lot of that, but the Hunter has stuff like Sneaky Snakes, Remote Control, Ball of Spiders, R.C. Rampage, and Jungle Gym to try to gain presence quickly and stick a Saddle Up to solidify it for a win.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have won a game with every class for this Tavern Brawl except Warlock. I've played 5 games and the stars must have to align perfectly if you want to last to turn 10 and start throwing around fat demons.

I have lost every game of the tavern brawl because everyone plays the taunt happy warrior deck

• Options
    6snha9u3lg2w.png
    Well this seems like a really stupid way to start the event quest chain.

PSA: It looks like maybe the Paladin and Shaman decks in the Brawl have Jepetto. We've only got the next 12 hours or so to get this done via the brawl if you don't own the card (it's not a free one), so you might want to knock that out today if you can.

• Options
    -silent--silent- Registered User regular
    Can confirm I completed it via the Shaman Brawl deck.

• Options
    edited March 27

that weapon is nonsense
    8 nerfs and 2 buffs coming "soon".

Nerfs: Tigress Plushy, Deputization Aura, Shroomscavate, Awakening Tremors, Thrall's Gift, Odyn, Aftershocks, Zilliax (Ticking Module).
    Buffs: Aviana, Frost Lich Cross-Stitch.

Looks like Paladin getting hit the most in terms of number of cards played.

Aggro DH stonks going up.

forty on
  • Options
    Cross Stitch works like a Zombeast, right? He gets the buffs in addition to the stats?

• Options
    Unless I goofed, Cross Stitch is the 5 mana mage card that does 4 damage and spawns a water elemental if you kill the target.

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    I think they may mean Dr. Stitchensew? Haven't seen him played so I do not know.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    Feriluce wrote: »
    I think they may mean Dr. Stitchensew? Haven't seen him played so I do not know.
    Oh, then no. It's a custom nesting doll/piñata. Stitch deathrattles into the 5 drop, the 5 drop into the 3 drop, and the 3 drop into the 1 drop.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited March 27
    Swear to god fam if I have to play against another goddamn Handbuff Paladin I'mma freak it

Although I ran into one at Legend who... kept slamming handbuff after handbuff after handbuff and then like never played out his fully buffed hand, only ones that were buffed 1-2 times. HOW ODD.........

Unrelated but god DAMN do I miss School Teacher and Nerubian Vizier. Such good fuckin cards, my decks will never be the same without them :'(

Unless I goofed, Cross Stitch is the 5 mana mage card that does 4 damage and spawns a water elemental if you kill the target.

Swtfg I thought they meant the 2 mana Death Knight spell that gives a minion "discover/cast a 4 mana or less spell on death"

...which is called Silk Stitching instead. TOO MANY STITCHES

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    Swear to god fam if I have to play against another goddamn Handbuff Paladin I'mma freak it

Although I ran into one at Legend who... kept slamming handbuff after handbuff after handbuff and then like never played out his fully buffed hand, only ones that were buffed 1-2 times.

Just throw out a Starfish or two to silence everything.

... oh, wait.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Imo we could do without strong neutral silence. Deathrattles have been really weak for a while

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    When wheel of death lock hits on turn 7/8, it fees real bad to play against

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Day9 is playing Hearthstone again and it is delightful.

https://youtu.be/gowagPrEjNo

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Nerfs:

Awakening Tremors - Worms generated are now 3/1s
    Tigress Plushy - now 4 mana
    Deputization Aura - Your left-most minion now has +1 Attack and Lifesteal. (Warsong Commander approves)
    Shroomscavate - card has been changed to 2 mana with text "Give a minion Divine Shield. Excavate a Treasure."
    Thrall's Gift - Lightning Bolt removed as a discover option, Lightning Storm added in its place.
    Aftershocks - Now 5 mana
    Odyn, Prime Designate - Now 9 mana
    Zilliax 3000 (Ticking Module) - Now 5 mana

Buffs:

Frost Lich Cross-Stitch - Now 4 mana, damage decreased to 3 damage
    Sky Mother Aviana - Now 5 mana

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Welp, I was wrong about Shroom. They went the lazy route and completely killed the cohesiveness and flavor of the card.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    50-Cent Shaman in disbelief and opening asking, "What they say 'fuck me' for?"

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX