Options

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    Blizzard made a huge assumption that most of us have friends and announced Battleground Duos where you pair up with someone as you play.
    Did they explain how MMR will work?

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I’ve made the damn sword twice, and gotten them to lethal with one swing, both players hit end turn and then conceded to deny me the achievement.

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Handbuff pally will still be powerful. The lifesteal was the busted part on aura
    VS Report wrote:
    Paladin has been obliterated by the balance changes, with the class sinking to the bottom of the format.

[...]

Handbuff Paladin looks destroyed. Based on its low sample, Aggro Paladin is gone too. Unless some card adjustments are able to save Handbuff Paladin, this archetype seems to have been overnerfed to the point it can’t compete. If the class dies as a result, it’s very unfortunate. The Shroom change alone might have been enough to properly tone the deck down. Paladin got very harsh treatment when compared to Hunter.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    antherem wrote: »
    Mercifully ran into a rogue running a Chaotic Tendril/Jepetto deck. They lost, of course, but I made sure to thank you emote them after I destroyed Jepetto to clear that stupid event quest.

I completed the event my brother got past the first pip of it because of Jepetto quest

I had hoped in vain my fav card returned in the brawl Dinomancy

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I was playing some standard the last couple days, in the low low ranks (like, silver) and it's nice that I barely saw any bots.

Both sides of the plague vs reno matchup feel bad. It's decided on queue (I guess reno warrior can get lucky and get brann out before the plagues kick in. At least against rainbow dk), so concede turn 1 or 2 is the correct play and I don't think that's a good game mechanic.

Maybe I'm just salty because I was trying reno dragon druid and that is mostly fun but auto loses to plague dk.

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Try DK Rainbow, that splashed in enough plagues to annoy any Warrior or DHunter:

### Rainy Day
    # Class: Death Knight
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Pegasus
    #
    # 2x (1) Miracle Salesman
    # 2x (1) Runes of Darkness
    # 2x (1) Threads of Despair
    # 2x (2) Dirty Rat
    # 2x (2) Down with the Ship
    # 2x (2) Mining Casualties
    # 2x (3) Acolyte of Death
    # 2x (3) Crop Rotation
    # 2x (3) Sickly Grimewalker
    # 2x (4) Death Strike
    # 1x (4) Helya
    # 2x (4) Quartzite Crusher
    # 2x (5) Army of the Dead
    # 1x (6) The Headless Horseman
    # 1x (8) The Primus
    # 1x (10) Climactic Necrotic Explosion
    # 1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000
    # 1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000
    # 1x (5) Perfect Module
    # 1x (5) Ticking Module
    # 1x (20) Reska, the Pit Boss
    #
    AAECAdDJBgb8+QWT+wXt/wX/lwbHpAa9sQYM9OMEkOQEgvgFhY4GlJUGl5UGkZcG0Z4GkqAGy7AGu7EG1uUGAAED9rMGx6QG97MGx6QG7t4Gx6QGAAA=
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I am playing Rainbow DK on NA (and druid on EU) and like I said, the matchup feels bad on both sides. I don't think games should be decided on a single event. Like, right now I played against a tentacle warrior and I lost because he drew both the only double plague and the Brann by turn 6. That's not fun. But if my opponent was less lucky, then winning also wouldn't have been fun because the only thing relevant in that game was if this happened or not. everything elese was completely meaningless.

• Options
    VampireFourVampireFour Sir Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Blizzard made a huge assumption that most of us have friends and announced Battleground Duos where you pair up with someone as you play.
    Did they explain how MMR will work?

It will probably take them quite some time to figure this out but this is pretty awesome imo. I always felt bad when i would destroy my friends and sometimes we would try and work together to beat other users so its pretty awesome that we could be on the same team

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Honestly I’ve felt that singleton decks kind of feel like that since the original Reno. They pack so much power into the singleton payoffs that matchups are often entirely about hitting them

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Grobian wrote: »
    I am playing Rainbow DK on NA (and druid on EU) and like I said, the matchup feels bad on both sides. I don't think games should be decided on a single event. Like, right now I played against a tentacle warrior and I lost because he drew both the only double plague and the Brann by turn 6. That's not fun. But if my opponent was less lucky, then winning also wouldn't have been fun because the only thing relevant in that game was if this happened or not. everything elese was completely meaningless.
    Yup, this is exactly the matchup. If I can't get duplicate plagues in their deck by turn 5 or 6 (depending on coin), Brann comes down and the game becomes unwinnable. Alternate loss condition is as you described. I get dupe plagues, but they draw the dupes before I'm able to draw and play Helya, so then Brann just comes down later and then the game is over.

• Options
    If they draw your plagues early, you might be playing them too soon. Don't forget you also have access to more plagues via runes of darkness. Also dirty rat snipes are the best.

Even if brann is still active after all if that, it's not over.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Blizzard. Fix your damn code.

So with Warlock and Azerite you steal the health from your opponent. However, if you get your opponent 15 or below in terms of stealing health then Alexstrasza instantly kills your opponent because you are taking the 30 and removing the 15 or in this case, taking the 15 or less and removing 15.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    That's weird - I thought that the lethal check didn't happen until it resolved everything which is/was why Lifesteal can save you even if you dip under zero?

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    edited April 9
    They way it works is you have to play snake 3 times and then Alexstrazsa?
    Which lowers your totalhealth to 15, so because of the snakes you die instantly?

Did I get that right?
    If people manage that I'm perfectly OK with them winning that game.

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
  • Options
    It does still sound like a bug, though. Like how does Alexstrasza interact with Renathal or other max health buffs? Or a Ragnaros hero (via Majordomo deathrattle).

• Options
    edited April 9
    Someone put a Sheriff/Druid deck up on Reddit and after a few tweaks, I am having some hilarious and competitive games.

I am getting to play seldom used cards and I had forgot that golden Aviana = golden legendaries so, for me at least, whole lot of SO PRETTY going on.

### OP HP
    # Class: Druid
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Pegasus
    #
    # 2x (1) Free Spirit
    # 1x (1) Glacial Shard
    # 2x (1) Lesser Jasper Spellstone
    # 2x (1) Malfurion's Gift
    # 1x (1) Miracle Salesman
    # 2x (1) Peaceful Piper
    # 2x (2) Groovy Cat
    # 2x (2) Popular Pixie
    # 2x (2) Sing-Along Buddy
    # 2x (3) Frost Lotus Seedling
    # 1x (3) Trogg Gemtosser
    # 1x (4) Sheriff Barrelbrim
    # 2x (4) Spread the Word
    # 1x (5) Magatha, Bane of Music
    # 1x (5) Sky Mother Aviana
    # 2x (5) Summer Flowerchild
    # 1x (6) Gnomelia, S.A.F.E. Pilot
    # 1x (8) Son of Hodir
    # 1x (9) Yogg-Saron, Unleashed
    # 1x (10) Eonar, the Life-Binder
    #
    AAECAbPaBQrm5AWf8wXL9gWFjgahkgaplQbTngaioAaqsQbh6wYK/N8F/d8FiuAFkeAFqeAFo+kF2/oF76kGorMG+OUGAAA=
    #

Deck routinely gets you to the late game and then you've got a mess of options from there depending on what you have in hand. Weaponless punches to the face for 16-20ish is some Wembanyama reach.

Edit: DISCLAIMER - deck does NOT get you to the late game if the string of Rogues you run into are playing hide the mech

The Judge on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited April 9
    It does still sound like a bug, though. Like how does Alexstrasza interact with Renathal or other max health buffs? Or a Ragnaros hero (via Majordomo deathrattle).

Alex on Rag hero would set health & max health to 15. Alex does not change max health unless it's lower though so no diff with renethal
    The way this probably should work is that snake steals max health and then alex would set you back up to 15. But the way it's coded the snake is probably a persistent -X debuff behind the scenes so alex sets you to 15 health and then the snakes are substracted from that

Phyphor on
  • Options

Oh for sure. But seeing the amounts of hoops needed it doesn't sound that big of a deal IWT made it out to be.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »

Oh for sure. But seeing the amounts of hoops needed it doesn't sound that big of a deal IWT made it out to be.

It's just frustrating to lose to a bugged interaction like that. I'm guessing they won't fix it behind the scenes unless it starts to show up in a lot of streamer streams.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Yeah, even with the Alex option, I think Snakelock is still just too slow for the current meta.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 11
    I am so tired of magtheridon on turn 5. Even more tired of two on turn 5

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    I was watching a bit of Pocket Train's (top 100 legend) stream and he was saying Blizzard is nerfing DH soon. He was also talking about how at top legend he doesn't even think it needs to be nerfed because he feels some other classes are worse (I think Priest and Shaman? maybe Rogue, not sure) and couldn't understand why lower ranks are struggling with it.

So it sounds like the top end meta might already be shifting away from it? Not that I'd expect that sort of meta shift to ever make it down to the lower ranks (without nerf influence), because DH is an easy autopilot deck and it's cheap.

• Options
    Warrior and warlock don’t really care about mag, and they’re essentially the only other decks that matter right now. The problem is that it creates a completely unwinnable game state against like 2/3 of classes on turn 5

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    God damn they cannot nerf Demon Hunter soon enough.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Demon Hunter is very predictable, which means it becomes easy once you know what the spike turns are. Just drop some stuff before turn 4, especially something with 4+ health and you shouldn't have that much of a problem.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    edited April 11
    While Demon Hunter is less of a problem at high level I think it's fairly safe to say that it's one of those decks that disproportionately affects lower level play such that it'll probably be tapped

I definitely hope they're respectful of the complexities of this meta with their changes though. We could very easily end up in a much worse meta if they aren't careful.

e: In patch 29.2 on the 16th, the DH weapon will have its cost bumped up by 1

https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/24077473/29-2-patch-notes

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Demon Hunter is very predictable, which means it becomes easy once you know what the spike turns are. Just drop some stuff before turn 4, especially something with 4+ health and you shouldn't have that much of a problem.
    "just play creatures with 4 or more life on turn 4" is not a viable solution for a number of decks, is the central problem

• Options
    to be honest it sounds like you're describing decks that would be bad even if DH didn't exist

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    to be honest it sounds like you're describing decks that would be bad even if DH didn't exist

Spell token hunter and plague and dragon priest???

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I've been playing Hearthstone since launch and I don't think I've had an expansion pack opening and subsequent reward track where literally every legendary opened was either part of a 'fun' deck or a 'good deck.' So far I've opened:

- Headless Horseman
    - Magtheridon, Unreleased
    - Galactic Projection Orb (this is probably the least notable one)
    - Timewinder Zarimi
    - Wheel of DEATH!!! (just opened at Reward Track 50)
    - Zilliax Deluxe 3000
    - Splendiferous Whizbang

I also got a Golden Sif when cracking Standard packs the day the expansion launched too. Craziness!

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    We're talking about Hearthstone here. Most of your opponents are playing predictable decks. Whether you can beat them comes down to rock-paper-scissors, if you drew a good curve/answers, and then the usual card RNG. It's not like anyone is seeing a Demon Hunter and thinking "I'd better Mulligan for some late game drops here!"

• Options
    Saw this in the patch notes:
    [Progression] Some Daily and Weekly Quests have been adjusted to be harder to complete but will grant more XP.
    Would have been nice if they'd said a little about it instead of just the vague blurb down in the bug fix section.

• Options

Pretty much yeah

Plague DK was a Last Season deck, it's not good anymore, it didn't get new cards or tools. Rainbow DK slowly received a bunch of support and now is the optimal deck. Though it's funny you're talking about token hunter and dragon priest - those decks are actually favoured versus DH. You're probably playing them wrong. Token Hunter is not playing the spell damage package anymore, and Dragon Priest is actually a pretty low to the ground aggro deck that isn't playing any of the fatty dragons.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Almost pulling the trigger on crafting Zarimi since it's almost sure to be next on the nerf block once Dragon Priest is nuking the world in a week or three.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Just learned that Sonya Waterdancer creates infinite Eye Beams

That was a fun game

• Options

Pretty much yeah

Plague DK was a Last Season deck, it's not good anymore, it didn't get new cards or tools. Rainbow DK slowly received a bunch of support and now is the optimal deck. Though it's funny you're talking about token hunter and dragon priest - those decks are actually favoured versus DH. You're probably playing them wrong. Token Hunter is not playing the spell damage package anymore, and Dragon Priest is actually a pretty low to the ground aggro deck that isn't playing any of the fatty dragons.

How does this address thinking magtherudon on t4/5 is a balance issue?

• Options

Pretty much yeah

How does this address thinking magtherudon on t4/5 is a balance issue?

that wasn't what i was addressing? i was addressing your response to my post saying that you sounded like you were posting bad decks

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Almost pulling the trigger on crafting Zarimi since it's almost sure to be next on the nerf block once Dragon Priest is nuking the world in a week or three.
    They'll probably nerf priest via cheaper (common/rare) cards.

• Options
    edited April 12
    Though it's funny you're talking about token hunter and dragon priest - those decks are actually favoured versus DH. You're probably playing them wrong. Token Hunter is not playing the spell damage package anymore, and Dragon Priest is actually a pretty low to the ground aggro deck that isn't playing any of the fatty dragons.
    ag4uo1qixaxh.png

forty on
  • Options
    edited April 12
    We're talking about Hearthstone here. Most of your opponents are playing predictable decks. Whether you can beat them comes down to rock-paper-scissors, if you drew a good curve/answers, and then the usual card RNG. It's not like anyone is seeing a Demon Hunter and thinking "I'd better Mulligan for some late game drops here!"

DH goes further in that regard where you know he needs to pop it's weapon early otherwise turn 3/4 to do it's crazy drop of stats rounds.
    If I play my Acolyte or Grimewalker turn 3 for instance, that would mean they either kill it, messing up their big turn, or allow me to gain advantage.

I understand Rainbow DK is already altered to be ahead of the DK Warrior meta, but I'm sure it's possible to adapt your deck as well to tackle it or it's counters.

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!