As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Get ready to play endless amounts of Warlock

Game today was having them play 2 8/8s (one with rush) on turn 4
    Then a 6/6 and two 15/15s (one with rush, the other with taunt) on turn 6

Lots of fun!

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited March 29
    Handbuff pally will still be powerful. The lifesteal was the busted part on aura

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited March 29
    I’m having a blast playing Dragon Priest. I have no idea if it’s good, but man it’s fun going from nothing to “my board is full of Zilliax and you don’t get another turn.”

Oh no!
    iNPSfhR.png

Anyways.
    RFJ5vOR.png

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    I have been playing Kibler's Zilliax Taunt Warrior and been having a lot of fun. I am a dumpster rank as I haven't played constructed in literal years so I have been seeing a lot of bots. So far my big blowout loss was to a Tentacle Rogue.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    It's funny they nerf Odyn after everyone is playing bullshit Reno Tendril warrior.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited March 29
    Nerfs:

Awakening Tremors - Worms generated are now 3/1s
    Tigress Plushy - now 4 mana
    Deputization Aura - Your left-most minion now has +1 Attack and Lifesteal. (Warsong Commander approves)
    Shroomscavate - card has been changed to 2 mana with text "Give a minion Divine Shield. Excavate a Treasure."
    Thrall's Gift - Lightning Bolt removed as a discover option, Lightning Storm added in its place.
    Aftershocks - Now 5 mana
    Odyn, Prime Designate - Now 9 mana
    Zilliax 3000 (Ticking Module) - Now 5 mana

Buffs:

Frost Lich Cross-Stitch - Now 4 mana, damage decreased to 3 damage
    Sky Mother Aviana - Now 5 mana

These are damn good nerfs. Deputization Aura probably got hit a bit too hard though lol. I am very glad they removed the Windfury from Shroomscavate because Leeroy with Windfury was some hot bullshit. I mean Windfury+Divine Shield anything is hot bullshit but I Wish All Leeroys A Very Pleasant Fuck Off

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    Doesn't look like they're going to change the first event quest, though, so if you weren't able to get a Jepetto out while last week's Brawl was still up, welp

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Leeroy was by a mile the best card to keep in your opening hand, so the balance issues with the deck were pretty heavily swayed by it’s out-of-hand burst

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I played a good number of games last night trying to climb and didn't run into a single paladin. My matchups were by far dominated by DK and Reno Warrior.

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    Grobian wrote: »
    Wow, for a 10 year anniversary celebration, these rewards are really lame.

Also the quests are super weird. Today I have "play OR destroy 10 elementals OR lifesteal minions". I appreciate that it's easy to complete the quests but it also doesn't feel like a quest at all? You'd have to go out of your way to try and play HS and not complete this quests. It's basically "play 3 games" with extra steps.
    Yeah, the progression quests are cake, especially in Battlegrounds. The random daily quests for me have required at least a little effort in playing a certain kind of deck, though. Like "Forge 3 cards" or "Play 3 Quickdraw cards".

They also seem to have changed the "point economy" this time around. Usually these event tracks take around 2500-3000 points to complete, with the quest line giving progressively more each day you complete (e.g., 150->200->250->300) and actual gameplay giving you just a trickle of points (like I'd get maybe 15 points at the end of a Battlegrounds game on average), which meant you really needed to focus on doing the quests every day (or other day if you started at the beginning of the event), and if you just knocked out all the quests you'd get all the points you needed. If you started playing late in the event, I think there was no hope of finishing because the quests were still daily gated.

This time you need 5000 points and the quests don't increase in value, but you get far more points for just playing games. I think it might match the normal rewards track XP, since I've been getting like 100+ points for BG matches. So completing quests isn't as critical to finishing, and if you started late you could probably grind out the whole track in a couple days if you just played a ton of games.

I'm curious if this is will be a lasting paradigm shift in how they tune these events or if this is just an unusual one-off.
    Another event, and yet another completely different point economy mechanic. I wonder what's going on over there at Team 5.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I played a good number of games last night trying to climb and didn't run into a single paladin. My matchups were by far dominated by DK and Reno Warrior.

I faced a warrior with a ton of + armor cards at one point he had 38 armor
    I really need to fix my deck so I need help

• Options
    VS's Rainbow DK list is hopelessly bad in this meta.

• Options
    jmm7bc2and18.png
    Hearthstone: Where agency goes to die.

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

I faced a warrior with a ton of + armor cards at one point he had 38 armor
    I really need to fix my deck so I need help
    ### Formally big beasts
    # Class: Hunter
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Pegasus
    #
    # 2x (1) Awakening Tremors
    # 2x (1) Bunch of Bananas
    # 2x (1) Rexxar's Gift
    # 2x (2) Bait and Switch
    # 2x (2) Barrel of Monkeys
    # 2x (2) Explosive Trap
    # 2x (2) Hidden Meaning
    # 2x (3) Animal Companion
    # 2x (3) Deadly Shot
    # 2x (3) Kill Command
    # 2x (3) Silver Serpent
    # 2x (5) Lesser Emerald Spellstone
    # 2x (5) Star Power
    # 2x (6) Hollow Hound
    # 2x (6) Savannah Highmane
    #
    AAECAa/XAwAP4J8E458E5Z8EidQEj+QF6vIF8/IF5PUFyPYF0vgFzI4G7ZsG6KkGgOYGgeYGAAA=
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I know it needs help I am going to maybe drop the worms since they got nerfed switch out animal companion for patchwork pals and so on
    I did buy the King Krush bundle and I was thinking about the tavern pass. the catch up and the workshop bundle 1 of 2 I have a bunch of dust

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    VS's Rainbow DK list is hopelessly bad in this meta.

Try this one:

### Rainbow
    # Class: Death Knight
    # Year of the Pegasus
    #
    # 2x (1) Miracle Salesman
    # 1x (1) Runes of Darkness
    # 1x (2) Frost Strike
    # 2x (2) Hematurge
    # 2x (2) Mining Casualties
    # 2x (3) Acolyte of Death
    # 2x (3) Crop Rotation
    # 2x (3) Rainbow Seamstress
    # 2x (3) Sickly Grimewalker
    # 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
    # 1x (1) Threads of Despair
    # 1x (2) Dirty Rat
    # 1x (2) Down with the Ship
    # 1x (4) Helya
    # 1x (4) Maw and Paw
    # 2x (4) Quartzite Crusher
    # 2x (5) Army of the Dead
    # 2x (5) Corpse Bride
    # 1x (6) The Headless Horseman
    # 1x (8) The Primus
    # 1x (10) Climactic Necrotic Explosion
    # 1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000
    # 1x (5) Perfect Module
    # 1x (5) Ticking Module
    # 1x (20) Reska, the Pit Boss
    #
    AAECAc3JBgr14wT9xAX8+QWT+wXt/wWLkgaUlQb/lwbHpAa9sQYKkOQEhY4Gl5UGkZcGkqAGy7AGubEG0+UG1uUG2OUGAAEGgvgF/cQF0Z4G/cQFu7EG/cQF9rMGx6QG97MGx6QG6N4Gx6QGAAA=
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    edited March 30
    Just made Legend with Rainbow again!

3vutna6fkpsm.jpg

Edit: Was farming Demon Hunters from D5 to Legend, with one Hunter who lost its Demon status.

Thread of Dispair is so good, I might add another one.

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I hobbled into Plat 10 with the fat beast Hunter deck suggested by the game except I swapped out the 2 Cattle Rustlers for an ETC and a Stranglethorn Heart. This deck's fat 10 mana beasts can't compete against Reno Warrior.

• Options
    What's a reno warrior?
    I ran into again warriors stacking armor galore and I really do need help fixing my deck

• Options
    Tried hopping into Standard with a bog standard Plague DK list I found off of hsreplay but it just didn't feel right to me. No room for new cards or anything, way too light on draw... Aaaand that's when I ran into some funky-ass Unholy/Blood Plague DK in Legend and got ~*inspiration*~

Cause I realized like, you can still run every Plague card by going UUB. You just have to take out the Excavate stuff since that requires Frost. Which isn't a huge deal cause now you get access to a lot of Good Shit, like Headless Horseman. And also just, room for new/different cards. So while I couldn't remember every card this dude ran, I slapped together my own list based off of that. Mostly I just feel like divorcing the Plague package and the Excavate package makes a lot of sense now, you get to create more room for new shit.

### UUB Plague Death Knight
    # Year of the Pegasus
    #
    # 2x (1) Staff of the Primus
    # 2x (2) Distressed Kvaldir
    # 2x (2) Down with the Ship
    # 2x (2) Hematurge
    # 2x (2) Necrotic Mortician
    # 2x (2) Silk Stitching
    # 2x (3) Chillfallen Baron
    # 1x (2) Dirty Rat
    # 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
    # 1x (5) Magatha, Bane of Music
    # 1x (4) Helya
    # 2x (4) Tomb Traitor
    # 1x (6) Dr. Stitchensew
    # 2x (6) Gnome Muncher
    # 1x (7) Prison of Yogg-Saron
    # 1x (8) The Primus
    # 1x (9) Yogg-Saron, Unleashed
    # 1x (5) Perfect Module
    # 1x (5) Ticking Module
    # 2x (11) Chained Guardian
    #
    AAECAdvJBgj9xAX++AWT+wXt/wWplQbHpAa9sQbBsQYLh/YEs/cE9fcFgvgF8vgFu/kF6/8FhY4GuLEG2OUG4OUGAAEG5uQF/cQFzZ4G/cQF0Z4G/cQF9rMGx6QG97MGx6QG694Gx6QGAAA=
    #

ayyyy ya boy is back on his bullshit again

It's actually legit good though, been winning a lot of my matches with it. Excavate is good and all I mean, and RIP Reska and all that, but. The new tools I get more than make up for it. I was really, really missing School Teacher and Nerubian Vizier so it's great to have Hematurge/Necrotic Mortician/Silk Stitching. Discovers Are Good. This is still like, my initial iteration of it, so who knows what changes I might make. But I like it so far. There's definitely things I could swap in or out depending. Some cards that are worth considering swapping in: Noxious Cadaver (early game removal), Runes of Darkness, Threads of Despair, Scarab Keychain, Instrument Tech (only x1), Rainbow Seamstress, Hollow Hound, The Scourge, The Ignis Package, Gnomelia

also imagine my surprise when i found out that Steam Cleaner is now Wild-only :^)

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    How can I get ETC? I tried to copy that deck but he is greyed out saying I have to get legends?

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Out here fighting the good fight against the DH hordes saying damn the nerfs, we're running Flood Pally anyway.

### TMBG Brand New Album
    # Class: Paladin
    # Year of the Pegasus
    #
    # 2x (1) Murmy
    # 2x (1) Righteous Protector
    # 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
    # 2x (2) Hi Ho Silverwing
    # 1x (2) Jukebox Totem
    # 2x (2) Showdown!
    # 2x (3) Muster for Battle
    # 2x (3) Trinket Artist
    # 1x (4) Boogie Down
    # 2x (4) Crusader Aura
    # 1x (4) Flash Sale
    # 2x (4) Tigress Plushy
    # 2x (8) Prismatic Beam
    # 1x (3) Pylon Module
    # 1x (5) Ticking Module
    # 2x (10) Sea Giant
    #
    AAECAdK+BQTBxAXx6AXHpAbeugYNyaAEotQElPUFlfUFhY4GmY4GvI8G9ZUGtZ4G1J4GkqAG0akGprMGAAED87MGx6QG9rMGx6QG694Gx6QGAAA=
    #

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    I really feel no one wants to help so I slapped this together and lost to a deck simlar to the one I needed help with earlier
    ### Fixing
    # Year of the Pegasus
    #
    # 2x (1) Sneaky Snakes
    # 2x (1) Thornmantle Musician
    # 2x (2) Dire Wolf Alpha
    # 2x (2) Jungle Gym
    # 2x (2) Messenger Buzzard
    # 2x (2) Observer of Myths
    # 2x (2) Painted Canvasaur
    # 2x (2) Patchwork Pals
    # 2x (2) Remote Control
    # 2x (3) Ball of Spiders
    # 2x (3) Kill Command
    # 1x (3) Saddle Up!
    # 2x (4) R.C. Rampage
    # 1x (6) Aggramar, the Avenger
    # 2x (10) Banjosaur
    #
    AAECAfjgBgLX+QXSjgYOpKAE5soFqNEFl/YFyPYFy44G344G56UG8aUG8qUG/6UGkqYGgeYGhOYGAAA=
    #

• Options
    m3tgok8h7fi0.png
    :no_mouth:

• Options
    What's a reno warrior?
    I ran into again warriors stacking armor galore and I really do need help fixing my deck

A Reno Warrior is a deck that runs Reno, Lone Ranger card. It's a powerful card that requires you only have one copy of any card in a your deck.
    https://hearthstone.wiki.gg/wiki/Reno,_Lone_Ranger

To make up for this Achilles heel, Warriors have figured out they can mass 50 armor and sit around until the late game.

• Options
    I really feel no one wants to help so I slapped this together and lost to a deck simlar to the one I needed help with earlier
    ### Fixing
    # Year of the Pegasus
    #
    # 2x (1) Sneaky Snakes
    # 2x (2) Dire Wolf Alpha
    # 2x (2) Jungle Gym
    # 2x (2) Patchwork Pals
    # 2x (2) Remote Control
    # 2x (3) Ball of Spiders
    # 2x (3) Kill Command
    # 1x (3) Saddle Up!
    # 2x (4) R.C. Rampage
    # 2x (10) Banjosaur
    #
    AAECAfjgBgLX+QXSjgYOpKAE5soFqNEFl/YFyPYFy44G344G56UG8aUG8qUG/6UGkqYGgeYGhOYGAAA=
    #

This won't work because the expensive Banjosaurs won't draw another big Beast from your deck, only small fry Beasts.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    ### Fixing
    # Year of the Pegasus
    #
    # 2x (1) Sneaky Snakes
    # 2x (2) Dire Wolf Alpha
    # 2x (2) Jungle Gym
    # 2x (2) Patchwork Pals
    # 2x (2) Remote Control
    # 2x (3) Ball of Spiders
    # 2x (3) Kill Command
    # 1x (3) Saddle Up!
    # 2x (4) R.C. Rampage
    # 2x (10) Banjosaur
    #
    #

This won't work because the expensive Banjosaurs won't draw another big Beast from your deck, only small fry Beasts.

I know that is why it's named fixing

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    What's a reno warrior?

A Reno Warrior is a deck that runs Reno, Lone Ranger card. It's a powerful card that requires you only have one copy of any card in a your deck.
    https://hearthstone.wiki.gg/wiki/Reno,_Lone_Ranger

To make up for this Achilles heel, Warriors have figured out they can mass 50 armor and sit around until the late game.

also, they have a boatload of aoe/boardclear

• Options
    Quickest fix is to swap out the Banjosaurs for something that can stand on its own. Like 2 Toyrannosaruses. Toyrannosuari.

https://hearthstone.wiki.gg/wiki/Toyrannosaurus

• Options
    Quickest fix is to swap out the Banjosaurs for something that can stand on its own. Like 2 Toyrannosaruses. Toyrannosuari.

I did jeweled macaw for a chance at better beasts but it's random

• Options
    edited April 1
    Possibly the most brutal climb to dad legend ever, but I did it at the end of month buzzer with Plague DK for the final push. I kept getting tired of getting crushed by Reno Warriors while playing Rainbow DK, so I went with something that has a fair shot at shutting down Brann/Reno before turn 5/6. Of course then I started facing a lot more DH/Hunter, which are just way too fast for Plague (especially Hunter). Finally ran into a string of 4 Warriors in a row to continue a decent streak and complete the climb to dad legend. Managed to beat them all, despite anti-Patches (Helya) being bottom deck in all 4 games.

Played some sneaky Zilliax Rogue after hitting D5, and it's pretty hilarious if you can get Zilliax down early. Went 3-0 with it, beating a Warlock (Wheel) and two DKs (both Plague, I think, each had Staff of Primus turn 1). Each game I won or they conceded on turn 6 or 7. I'm sure it completely folds to aggro and Warriors, so beware. At least the games go fast!

forty on
  • Options

I did jeweled macaw for a chance at better beasts but it's random

Curse you jeweled macaw
    6qu3a41slilc.png

• Options
    irj76jqzwedo.png

I know it's from last expansion, but Fracking was a ridiculously clever card. In fact, I think I'll nominate it for most clever Hearthstone card of 2023.

• Options
    Since Reno Warrior counters Demon Hunter, I altered Rainbow DK to counter both.

Some Warrior games last exactly two turns as I fill their deck with the first two plagues.

### Poison Rainbows
    # Year of the Pegasus
    #
    # 2x (1) Runes of Darkness
    # 2x (2) Down with the Ship
    # 2x (3) Acolyte of Death
    # 2x (3) Crop Rotation
    # 2x (3) Rainbow Seamstress
    # 2x (3) Sickly Grimewalker
    # 1x (2) Dirty Rat
    # 1x (5) Army of the Dead
    # 1x (4) Helya
    # 1x (4) Maw and Paw
    # 2x (4) Quartzite Crusher
    # 1x (5) Army of the Dead
    # 2x (5) Corpse Bride
    # 1x (1) Recursive Module
    # 1x (5) Perfect Module
    # 1x (8) The Primus
    # 1x (10) Climactic Necrotic Explosion
    # 1x (20) Reska, the Pit Boss
    #
    AAECAc3JBgqQ5AT9xAX8+QWT+wXt/wWLkgb/lwbHpAa7sQa9sQYKgvgFhY4GlJUGl5UGkZcGkqAGy7AGubEG0+UG1uUGAAEGkOQE/cQF0Z4G/cQFu7EG/cQF8LMGx6QG97MGx6QG7t4Gx6QGAAA=
    #

See my profile here!
  • Options
    Are you saying they concede on turn 2?

• Options
    Are you saying they concede on turn 2?

Yes. Happened twice in a row even.

I think it's because they assume it's plague DK, which they can't win.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    Damn, I need into your MMR/meta. Even playing actual Plague DK, every Warrior I faced fought to the bitter end. No early concedes for me.

• Options
    edited April 3
    I don't think it's competitive, but somehow I went 3-0 with Elemental mage today (needed something cheap for a Mage quest and happened to have all these cards). Even managed to beat a Shaman who Reno'd on turn 7 when my Ragnaros rolled the 1/4 to hit face for lethal.
    Played updated Elemental mage today and somehow the deck went 3-0*. The third game was a mirror and the other player got to go first and was thus highly advantaged in the matchup. They won, but since it was with the same deck, I'm going to count it as a win.

Probably helps that I didn't run into a DH or spell token Hunter. I did face some sort of slower Hunter that played Armor Vendor turn 1. Freeze is good (and annoying)!

forty on
  • Options
    This Week's Tavern Brawl: everyone playing boring OTK/combo decks

me:
    eczugg3rjsnl.jpg
    ikug0aal5589.jpg
    k1l9j78s3gzd.jpg

mb3vityi2xc8.png
    lmfao I love when my dumb ideas work

Deck if anyone is morbidly curious:

### Brawl Deck
    # Class: Rogue
    # Format: Wild
    #
    # 1x (1) Deafen
    # 1x (1) Elwynn Boar
    # 1x (2) Celestial Projectionist
    # 1x (2) Cheat Death
    # 1x (2) Forsaken Lieutenant
    # 1x (2) Roll the Bones
    # 1x (3) Efficient Octo-bot
    # 1x (3) Timeline Accelerator
    # 1x (4) Scourge Illusionist
    # 1x (5) Carnivorous Cube
    #
    AAEBAZurBArAzAKL4QLQ4wKr6wPT+QOJ0gShkwXJgAbjgAadogYAAAA=
    #

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Blizzard made a huge assumption that most of us have friends and announced Battleground Duos where you pair up with someone as you play.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    Mercifully ran into a rogue running a Chaotic Tendril/Jepetto deck. They lost, of course, but I made sure to thank you emote them after I destroyed Jepetto to clear that stupid event quest.