Options

[Hearthstone] Arfus is the bestest boy

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited May 1
    Druid has a very nice counter to the current meta as well! It does well against most popular matchups and mixes Dragon, Spell damage and Hero Power Druid in a very fun way:

### Hybrid Druid
    # Class: Druid
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Pegasus
    #
    # 2x (1) Giftwrapped Whelp
    # 2x (1) Magical Dollhouse
    # 2x (1) Malfurion's Gift
    # 2x (1) Peaceful Piper
    # 2x (2) Bottomless Toy Chest
    # 2x (2) Groovy Cat
    # 2x (2) Splish-Splash Whelp
    # 2x (3) Swipe
    # 2x (3) Take to the Skies
    # 2x (3) Trogg Gemtosser
    # 2x (4) Chia Drake
    # 2x (4) Desert Nestmatron
    # 2x (4) Spread the Word
    # 2x (5) Woodland Wonders
    # 1x (6) Harth Stonebrew
    # 1x (9) Fye, the Setting Sun
    #
    AAECAYC1BgLBlQbmqQYO/N8FkeAFqeAFu5UG15wG2pwGoqAG6qgG76kGh7EGlLEGp7EG2bEG9+UGAAA=
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Edit: currently 10-2 with it.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    That feeling when the hunter uses Leeroy to help remove your 13/12 lifestealer. Chef's kiss.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    Looks like Heroic Brawliseum this week and I definitely spent 1000 gold without realizing it was going to happen. At least it wasn't money.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    antherem wrote: »
    Looks like Heroic Brawliseum this week and I definitely spent 1000 gold without realizing it was going to happen. At least it wasn't money.
    Yup, the mini-set release warning timer started today. Don't waste your gold on the brawl!

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    antherem wrote: »
    Yup, the mini-set release warning timer started today. Don't waste your gold on the brawl!

Absolutely wasn't intending to!

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Made it to Plat 3 with 40-7. The warriors would not let me go higher.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    I finally get to cross Double Legend Pull off my Bingo Card.

p4h2sj8fnr6u.png

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Small server side patch today:
    Patch 29.2.3 is a server-side patch, rolling out now with the following updates:

Battlegrounds Updates

Heroes now have a Duos Armor level, distinct from their Solo Battlegrounds Armor levels. For most Heroes, their Duos Armor level is 2-3 Armor lower than their (higher ranks) Solo Battlegrounds Armor level.
    Duos turns from turn 7 onwards are now slightly longer than before.
    Mechs will be reactivated in Battlegrounds after this patch has rolled out.

Bug Fixes

[Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Alexstrasza’s Battlecry effect didn’t work properly with life-total adjusting effects (like Azerite Snake and Vampiric Blood).

[Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug where Golden Scrap Scraper didn’t function properly.

[Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug where Utility Drone didn’t function properly.

[Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug where Persistent Poet didn’t function with Blood Gems.

[Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug where Persistent Poet didn’t function on dual-type Dragon minions.

[Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug with Orc-estra Conductor and Rylak Metalhead working wrong for your teammate in Duos games.

[Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug where using Jandice Barov’s hero power on a minion affected by Suspicious Stimulant made that minion then unable to be bought from the Tavern.

[Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug causing game crashes.

[Collection] Fixed a bug where Diamond cards weren’t offering re-rolls since Patch 29.2.

Most important notes: The Alex + Azerite Snake bug is fixed, so Snakelock is probably back in the dumpster, at least more so than before. Mechs are back in BGs. Slightly longer turn timers in duos from turn 7+, which is good for me, who is frequently running out of time for my turns.

• Options
    I hear Zarimi Priest is supposed to be good or something?

wwdldltpsayl.jpg

Iunno, I'm not seeing it.

• Options

wwdldltpsayl.jpg

You can almost empty your hand for 15 damage to the face?

See my profile here!
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the fact that you find it impossible to handle games when you lose is not the fault of the decks you play, no matter how many times you make some variant of that post

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    I wanted to finish the weekly 10 bg/brawl/arena quest with the brawl...guess not.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Alphagaia wrote: »

wwdldltpsayl.jpg

Which is then easily cleaned up, doesn't get the Warrior close to dead, and leaves me with no resources.

• Options
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    I wanted to finish the weekly 10 bg/brawl/arena quest with the brawl...guess not.
    a5ik1vqb1vg5.png
    This guy always popping up on cue during Heroic Brawl week.

• Options
    forty that pic is bigger than HS's footprint on my phone

• Options
    yeah there's a forum bug where every image, regardless of its actual size, is rendered in fullscreen

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

wwdldltpsayl.jpg

Which is then easily cleaned up, doesn't get the Warrior close to dead, and leaves me with no resources.

If that gets easily cleaned up, which is not a given, they don't always have the nuts, you can draw 3 new cards next turn. If that still doesn't give you edge it's just one unlucky game. It happens.

I would always go for the 2 turn lethal there. What did you do?

See my profile here!
  • Options
    The Judge wrote: »
    forty that pic is bigger than HS's footprint on my phone
    Yeah, sorry. The forum patch/update a couple weeks ago that broke quoting also made images go berserk. I keep holding out hope that it'll get fixed soon.

• Options
    edited May 4

wwdldltpsayl.jpg

If that gets easily cleaned up, which is not a given, they don't always have the nuts, you can draw 3 new cards next turn. If that still doesn't give you edge it's just one unlucky game. It happens.

I would always go for the 2 turn lethal there. What did you do?
    Oh, it wasn't an if. It's what happened. I held Whelp and a Cake. Zilliax got popped, token whelps could then eat Leeroy. I can't remember if he killed one or both salesmen, but the game quickly spiraled out after that.

Edit: I forgot to note that's not 2 turn lethal unless my opponent goes AFK for 2 minutes.

forty on
  • Options
    In that situation I wouldn't have held the Whelp as it's it would strengthen your change of dealing lethal damage next turn. (Another 5 to the dome, if just one snake and the Whelp survived, which adds up to 20).

Either way, you got dealt your two big cards and two funnelcakes. It's what happens, and you still had a very possible two turn lethal.

I just find it odd your example had you come this close to Victory yet you write of the deck because of it.
    Ah well better luck next time!

See my profile here!
  • Options
    edited May 4
    In that situation I wouldn't have held the Whelp as it's it would strengthen your change of dealing lethal damage next turn. (Another 5 to the dome, if just one snake and the Whelp survived, which adds up to 20).

Either way, you got dealt your two big cards and two funnelcakes. It's what happens, and you still had a very possible two turn lethal.

I just find it odd your example had you come this close to Victory yet you write of the deck because of it.
    Ah well better luck next time!
    My opponents aren't AFK so that was nothing remotely near lethal with the whelp played or not. I'm writing off the deck due to more bad experiences than that, btw. I just don't post them all here.

The better luck did not come in the next 3 games either.

forty on
  • Options
    Not agreeing there.

It's 2 points of damage nearer to lethal.
    With an extra 3/2 on board that makes it harder to clear your board, unless they remove your mech (and clearing the Brann is a good options as well, as it gives them less ways of clearing your board)
    And another point towards your Dragon legendary giving you an extra turn.

But ehhh. If it's not for you it's not for you.

Would have loved to see your replays.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    Not agreeing there.

It's 2 points of damage nearer to lethal.
    With an extra 3/2 on board that makes it harder to clear your board, unless they remove your mech (and clearing the Brann is a good options as well, as it gives them less ways of clearing your board)
    And another point towards your Dragon legendary giving you an extra turn.

But ehhh. If it's not for you it's not for you.

Would have loved to see your replays.
    That "unless" is doing an incredible amount of heavy lifting vs. a post-Brann warrior turn 6 with a mostly full hand and a weapon. The whelp is a 2/1 after Zilliax gets killed, which is trivial, especially with no taunt protection. At that point in the game, another Zarimi tick was not yet a factor.

I'd love to share them, but unfortunately I can't without playing with an addon despite this being a 10+ year old game and there being no good excuse for them not to be built in by this point.

• Options
    All I can wonder what you have been doing those first 5 turns so he still has so many cards when you should have already been flooding the board.

Also, I know the Chinese cliënt had a build in replay system, so it's probably a privacy thing that makes them not being able to use it elsewhere.

What deck are you playing now?

See my profile here!
  • Options
    All I can wonder what you have been doing those first 5 turns so he still has so many cards when you should have already been flooding the board.

Also, I know the Chinese cliënt had a build in replay system, so it's probably a privacy thing that makes them not being able to use it elsewhere.

What deck are you playing now?
    Playing my playable cards and watching them get removed, mostly.

Sad that the Chinese client is actually better.

Nothing right now, but it's probably not gonna be Priest that I try to finish my weekly with this weekend. If I get desperate I'll probably go back to Hunter again since that deck doesn't seem to brick nearly as regularly.

• Options
    This seems to roll.over the current meta if you keep facing warriors and Hunters.

Gonna try it out myself as well!

### Calling your Buff
    # Class: Paladin
    # Year of the Pegasus
    #
    # 2x (1) Drone Deconstructor
    # 2x (1) Frequency Oscillator
    # 2x (1) Righteous Protector
    # 2x (1) Scarab Keychain
    # 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
    # 2x (2) Cult Neophyte
    # 1x (2) Gold Panner
    # 2x (2) Grimestreet Outfitter
    # 2x (2) Instrument Tech
    # 2x (3) Muscle-o-Tron
    # 2x (3) Outfit Tailor
    # 2x (4) Painter's Virtue
    # 2x (4) Tigress Plushy
    # 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
    # 1x (5) Magatha, Bane of Music
    # 1x (5) Toy Captain Tarim
    # 1x (7) Amitus, the Peacekeeper
    # 1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000
    # 1x (5) Perfect Module
    # 1x (5) Ticking Module
    #
    AAECAYrlBgbm5AWN/gXOnAbHpAbTqQbm5gYMyaAEuMUF2MYF2dAFuf4F+JUGtJ4G0J4Gy58G0KkG0akGyfQGAAED9rMGx6QG97MGx6QG6N4Gx6QGAAA=
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

See my profile here!
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited May 4
    Actually been having a degree of success running Excavate Warlock. Still working on refining it, but it seems solid af. It CAN win vs Warrior!! Struggles vs DH and Hunter I think. Priest/Druid can be a rough matchup as well. Some are like 50/50s though. Depends on how I choose my wincon. A lot of the time vs those troublesome decks I pop Dark Alley Pact, use Endgame on those, and just slam face with like three 8/8s or whatever. Otherwise Endgame is for Mo'args. Been learning to not be afraid to use bounces on stuff other than Snek (a lot of the time to get the Excavates rolling faster.

I'll post my deck tomorrow I think. Definitely needs some refinements but it feels good. It currently doesn't run Forge of Wills but I'm really thinking it should, I need the extra board pressure.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    The way it works is if you're playing against a Warrior, they'll play Brann on turn 6 and Boomboss on turn 7. If you're playing as Warrior, you'll draw Brann on turn 19 and Boomboss on turn 2.

• Options
    i genuinely had a reno mirror the other day where we both had brann in the bottom 3 cards of our deck

it was pretty funny to see the game slow down and speed up as we both were doing the math trying to figure out what we should be spending to try and gain an advantage

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    This seems to roll.over the current meta if you keep facing warriors and Hunters.

Gonna try it out myself as well!

I have been playing something similar to solid results over the last few days but the Cult Neophyte add is a pretty good call.

Painter's Virtue into Magatha = GAINZ

• Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    Actually been having a degree of success running Excavate Warlock. Still working on refining it, but it seems solid af. It CAN win vs Warrior!! Struggles vs DH and Hunter I think. Priest/Druid can be a rough matchup as well. Some are like 50/50s though. Depends on how I choose my wincon. A lot of the time vs those troublesome decks I pop Dark Alley Pact, use Endgame on those, and just slam face with like three 8/8s or whatever. Otherwise Endgame is for Mo'args. Been learning to not be afraid to use bounces on stuff other than Snek (a lot of the time to get the Excavates rolling faster.

I'll post my deck tomorrow I think. Definitely needs some refinements but it feels good. It currently doesn't run Forge of Wills but I'm really thinking it should, I need the extra board pressure.

Yeah okay I slapped Forge of Will in there and it's kicking serious ass now

I'd honestly say the Warrior match-up is in my favor

Deck rocks

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I ran into an excavate warlock the other day @Dibby . I genuinely thought a person would only play that because they didn't know about the nerf. I was playing a slow, janky deck and I still won, so I imagine it's a pretty rough experience against a deck that's actually trying to kill you.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    I ran into an excavate warlock the other day @Dibby . I genuinely thought a person would only play that because they didn't know about the nerf. I was playing a slow, janky deck and I still won, so I imagine it's a pretty rough experience against a deck that's actually trying to kill you.

My list is proooobably a fair bit different than most lists I think. I've been doing pretty well, even against fast decks. There's a few that still give me a shitton of trouble though, like DH. But Dark Alley Pact into Forge of Wills into Endgame usually makes quick work of fast decks.

Forgot to post the list yesterday! Gonna do it today. I have been climbing rather well though, I'm at Diamond 7 currently.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited May 6
    The list as promised!

### Excavate Warlock
    # Class: Warlock
    # Year of the Pegasus
    #
    # 2x (1) Demonic Studies
    # 2x (1) Smokestack
    # 2x (2) Endgame
    # 2x (2) Kobold Miner
    # 2x (2) Saloon Brewmaster
    # 2x (2) Youthful Brewmaster
    # 2x (3) Reverberations
    # 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
    # 2x (4) Dark Alley Pact
    # 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
    # 1x (2) Dirty Rat
    # 1x (4) Siphon Soul
    # 1x (9) Yogg-Saron, Unleashed
    # 2x (4) Forge of Wills
    # 2x (4) Mo'arg Drillfist
    # 2x (5) Burrow Buster
    # 1x (5) Symphony of Sins
    # 1x (7) Tram Conductor Gerry
    # 1x (9) Sargeras, the Destroyer
    # 2x (10) Table Flip
    # 1x (5) Perfect Module
    # 1x (5) Ticking Module
    #
    AAECAa35AwaW1AT9xAX5xgWm+wXHpAanqAYMnKAE1/oF8YAGyoMG0IMG2JgG75sG+KMGibUGnMEG3uYG4uYGAAEGgqAE/cQFqZUG/cQF0Z4G/cQF9rMGx6QG97MGx6QG7d4Gx6QGAAA=
    #

I used to run Frequency Oscillator (good for cheating out early Mo'arg and Burrow Buster) but I had to cut it to make room for other cards. I also used to run Scarab Keychains, but again, had to cut em. It's a good card, getting extra Kobold Miners or Bounces is nice, among other options. But I needed room and those two were the weakest links. I was originally running one Reverberation and one Mortal Eradication, but I soon found I REALLY needed two Reverberations. Reverb into Smokestack is kinda key, given how difficult it can be to get that off vs slower decks (also Reverb is just Good). Worst case scenario you just Smokestack your own Miner. WORST worst case I've had to Smokestack a 6/1 Burrow Buster after killing a 4 attack minion (feels bad, man, but gotta do what you gotta do). In a much earlier version I cut Smokestack entirely, but it turns out even with Endgame Mo'args you DO need it, consistency is key.

Gerry is my best friend vs aggro decks and he is big and strong. Bouncing Gerry can often be a wincon vs aggro. Never keep in the mulligan though.

The deck does run all four bounces plus Zola. It's for consistency, but also flexibility. Having extra bounces for stuff that isn't Snek is useful. Same with Zola, I often use her on Mo'arg.

For Mulligans, always keep Dark Alley Pact. Keep Forge of Wills if you have a Mo'arg or Pact. Always keep Mo'arg. Keep Endgame with Mo'arg or Pact. Keep Demonic Studies with Mo'arg (actually I think keep it even without if the rest if your mulligan sucks). Always keep Miner. Table Flip vs aggro decks. With Pact in hand just tap tap tap until Turn 4 (drop Forge first), you want that guy as beefy as possible. If you're really in a pinch you can get away with a 6/6, but the fatter the better. Never keep bounces. I used to think keeping one Smokestack was good vs decks that drop 1 health 1 drops but Smokestack is arguably the worst card in the deck and I'm not sure it's worth keeping over improving your chances at getting the more important stuff. I'm iffy on that though, it can help kill early momentum and get your Excavates up faster. Dunno.

ETC and Symphony vs Warrior and other slow decks (Dirty Rat can be game winning, Symphony ideally you're hoping to remove top 6 cards and nail something important). But generally I think, vs Warrior you want to rush out your Excavates asap. The sooner you get those rolling the better, you put so much pressure on Warrior with that. Warrior can still win with all their bullshit removal and stall, which is why rushing out Excavates is generally the better plan. But often I've won just by smashing 8/8s into their face (when they don't have Brawl/Bladestorm/Shield Slam/Execut-- you get the idea). Keep the other ETC options in mind though, don't just always slam Rat. I'm considering maybe slapping a Viper in there over something else to take care of Important Weapons, like Ignis, Ball of Wisdom, Frogs. Probably a good idea.

Deck struggles vs DH, Priest, Dragon Druid. Shaman and Paladin also I think, the gameplan for those two are getting Pacts into Forge(s)... but then they drop the Murloc Polymorph Legendary and you cry. Hunter can be iffy if they draw The Nuts but Table Flip can put a huge dent in their early floods, and then Pact Smashing just wins. Plague DK is like 50/50, those chain-plagues will ruin your day. Rainbow is favored I think. DH can still just fucking win anyways because they have enough face damage to bypass Pact and also Window Shopper fucking sucks and cheating out a low cost Maggie fucking SUCKS. Also Kayn chuckles heartily at you even if you stabilize with a wall of taunts.

Sargeras is so fucking important. Be careful not to drop him into Reno. Try to bait out Reno first with a big board, cause Reno erases the Twisting Nether location. If possible get the taunt ability out first, unless you need to erase the board. But the taunts make things so fucking annoying for most every deck to deal with that often it's a wincon on its own.

Give it a spin though. It's been surprisingly effective, it shits all over Warrior's breakfast. It's good vs a lot of other meta decks. No one expects it so they mulligan wrong. Also it's just fun.

edit: bwugh no okay I think I do need Mortal Eradication these aggro decks man

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited May 6
    da5kXeU.png
    I TOLD Y'ALL THIS DECK WAS GOOD !! !! !!

So final changes included removing Reverbs for Mortal Eradications (SUDDENLY AGGRO DECKS EVERYWHERE), then ultimately cutting one Mortal Eradication for one Reverb (I have to run one, cmon). With ETC I took out Siphon Soul for Viper.

NEXT STOP LEGEND??

(also if y'all have any suggestions for refinements lmk)

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    To follow-up Dibby's post, clearly this weekend is just nonsense for Hearthstone. I ended up knocking out my weekly quest mostly playing Elemental Mage (couple wins last night) and Rainbow DK, both of which are ostensibly Not Good decks now, and yet I won more than I lost with Mage, and went like 5-0 or 5-1 (can't remember if I lost any of my first couple games earlier today) with Rainbow DK to finish it out.

• Options
    edited May 7
    Tried elemental shaman today (which I don't think is supposed to be good) and had a winning record with it, too. Granted, one of the wins was vs. an insanity Warlock that got me to 1 health the turn before I blew him up -- doesn't get any closer than that! It's pretty fun!

forty on
  • Options
    I took this for a spin and suddenly I found myself at D5. These games last 5 turns each. You either won or lost, and with a 62% winrate, it's most probably you.

### Tortoise and the Hare
    # Class: Paladin
    # Year of the Pegasus
    #
    # 2x (1) Miracle Salesman
    # 2x (1) Murmy
    # 2x (1) Righteous Protector
    # 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
    # 2x (2) Hi Ho Silverwing
    # 2x (2) Mining Casualties
    # 2x (2) Showdown!
    # 2x (3) Muster for Battle
    # 2x (3) Trinket Artist
    # 1x (4) Boogie Down
    # 2x (4) Crusader Aura
    # 2x (4) Flash Sale
    # 2x (4) Tigress Plushy
    # 2x (8) Prismatic Beam
    # 1x (3) Pylon Module
    # 1x (5) Ticking Module
    # 2x (10) Sea Giant
    #
    AAECAb7jAwLBxAXHpAYOyaAEotQElPUFlfUFhY4GmY4GvI8G9ZUGtZ4G1J4GkqAG0akGprMG3roGAAED87MGx6QG9rMGx6QG6N4Gx6QGAAA=
    #

See my profile here!
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Tortoise and the Hare

Slow and steady loses the race?

• Options
    "Dibby, how do you navigate the Excavate Warlock mirror?? Isn't that just a huge tug-of-war???"

o47ed5hr6oem.png

you smash em

you smash em real good B)

DNiDlnb.png