As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Peace[chat]ter

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Tumin wrote: »
    Kirby sounds like Herbie

And if eradicating Arby's is what it takes to purge evil from this world with a rhyming curse

Flashbacks to when a poster told me that if the sbarro suicide bombing that killed my family member was what it took to chop down that awful company, that’s a price he’s willing to pay

o_o

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    y8rgenuwshy61.png

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i'm listless and depressed

i need elden ring to come out and briefly give me a reason to live

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    This is quite the interesting flavor profile!

Chicken tenders on hawaiian style hamburger buns, with a bit of that everything-flavored aioli I bought a few months back.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    I hope Nintendo sees what y'all are saying about Kirby and activates the small explosive charge they planted in every Switch just for this very eventuality.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    I hope Nintendo sees what y'all are saying about Kirby and activates the small explosive charge they planted in every Switch just for this very eventuality.

At one point the dude who made Mario had to ask people to stop drawing luigi and mario as lovers

I continued

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    y8rgenuwshy61.png

I don’t get this and i know a lot of people got it last time it was posted but now i’m like ready to admit my ignorance

I’m too old to be silenced now

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    is this loss

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    mim you don't want to get it

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    According to a recent study published by mobile marketing company URL Genius, YouTube and TikTok track users' personal data more than any other social media apps. However, while YouTube mostly collects your personal data for its own purposes to serve you more relevant ads, TikTok mostly allows third-party trackers to collect your data -- "and from there, it's hard to say what happens with it," reports CNBC

😮😮😮

im so shocked

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Huh I was busy and skipped to the last chat page.

Not sure of the conversation so go back a page or two. Still confused caveman who wants to talk about trash TV, and random shot.

• Options
    Mim wrote: »

This is all very cool but is there any way they could like... i dunno hire more people and work on cases faster??? I am happy to feel welcomed or whatever but my husband and I are under a 9 - 12 month backlog and we just want to get that sweet sweet greencard and apply to jobs and live that dink life that was promised

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Switching to Apple finally looks pretty fucking appealing

I say that but I dont even see many ads so ???

Tumin on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    My air purifier has decided to kick on high, higher than it's been in a long while.

This troubles me.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    "It's hard to say."

China. TikTok data goes to China. It's been going to China ever since the CCP-affiliated company created it.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

This is all very cool but is there any way they could like... i dunno hire more people and work on cases faster??? I am happy to feel welcomed or whatever but my husband and I are under a 9 - 12 month backlog and we just want to get that sweet sweet greencard and apply to jobs and live that dink life that was promised

I was so fkn shocked when you told me about this. I 100% thought marriage was the silver bullet- the tsa pre of immigration.
    If you were born abroad to one U.S. citizen, on or after November 14, 1986, you are likely a U.S. citizen

That’s my birthday! One year exactly before I was born. Slipped through just in time bay-beeeee 😼

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    My air purifier has decided to kick on high, higher than it's been in a long while.

This troubles me.

Sometimes it can do this erroneously. There's a little mouse door on the righthand side of the unit that holds the air quality sensor. On the door is a sticker cleaning instructions.

On the other hand it might be legit. There's tons of masonry work happening on my building and when there's stone grinding going on outside (like all day long) the light turns deep red and it sounds like a jet trying to take off. Which is good because the rooms without purifiers get coated in an ultra fine chalky powder that leaks straight through the window seals and it does not feel good to breathe. I've had to replace the filters once already since construction started.

• Options

pixel you don't want to get it

• Options
    edited February 2022

I was so fkn shocked when you told me about this. I 100% thought marriage was the silver bullet- the tsa pre of immigration.
    If you were born abroad to one U.S. citizen, on or after November 14, 1986, you are likely a U.S. citizen

That’s my birthday! One year exactly before I was born. Slipped through just in time bay-beeeee 😼

it's fuckin trash. movies are a lie. you get married and it's a huge hassle and expensive and nowhere close to automatic or assured.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

is it a sex thing?

• Options

is it a sex thing?

it is a sex thing

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited February 2022

it's fuckin trash. movies are a lie. you get married and it's a huge hassle and expensive and nowhere close to automatic or assured.

But the sex gets more passionate for that one night where the ghosts of the country clap for your commitment under the law right

(Tumsboo says we can elope if COVID lasts another year so please everyone lick tavs face)

Tumin on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

There has never been a time in my
    Life or yours when UCSIS and before it INS had enough resources to stay on top of the applications it receives, and the number of officers won’t change visa caps

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options

is it a sex thing?

it is a sex thing

You know me, the sex expert. The sexpert, if you will.

... i'm not gonna look it up.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Anyone who would dare try to shame my beautiful son for his many talents should receive one thousand years of jail

kirbo-sad-sad-poyo.gif

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    FUTURAMA IS COMING BACK AND NONE OF YOU TOLD ME

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/futurama-revival-hulu-1235176203/

YOU ARE ALL UNFRIENDED

Amy I can't fucking remember that hot cowboy is gonna be a new star trek.

Are you really gonna hold this against me?

Did you hear Anson Mount is going to be on a new Star Trek

Brave new worlds

On UPN

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    FUTURAMA IS COMING BACK AND NONE OF YOU TOLD ME

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/futurama-revival-hulu-1235176203/

YOU ARE ALL UNFRIENDED

It's coming back in the same way Khal Drogo came back in the first season of GoT

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Does anyone give half a shit about this obviously even more corrupt than usual Olympics where despite having like a thumb and foot on the scale China still can't win the medal competition?

I mean I barely realized the Olympics were happening, but come on China, if this is the best you can cheat...do better.

Don't lose to Norway or Sweden or...whomever, same difference.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    is this loss

I just assume every meme posted in [Chat] is in some way loss

• Options

No.

For every case like yours that’s a real marriage, we have like 3 that are messed up in some way.

Right now i’m in a task where we’re trying to complete cases without interview, but a lot of the time instead of reading the fucking instructions in full, people send the application, marriage license, proof of petitioner’s citizenship and documents that have nothing to do with their marriage.

So instead of closing out cases ezpz, i gotta now call them in for an interview because they somehow thought they could do the bare minimum.

Then you got criminals and inadmissibles

And then you have internal struggles. Different parts of our agency do things differently and it is constantly stepping on other parts toes. Or your office would rather higher someone from outside your office/district instead of promoting from within. OR if they do promote from within, it’s not exactly their best and brightest, it’s whomever played the game the best (ass kissing).

People tell me when i’m immediately eligible to apply to a hard to get position because i’d have the time, but i’m like “it’s not about having the time for me, i have certain criteria i feel I need to meet before i could even think of applying for that kind of position because i think you need a well rounded person there. I’m not well rounded yet and continue to try, but i get blocked by management for their favorite ass kissers”

The whole thing is absurd.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    Does anyone give half a shit about this obviously even more corrupt than usual Olympics where despite having like a thumb and foot on the scale China still can't win the medal competition?

I mean I barely realized the Olympics were happening, but come on China, if this is the best you can cheat...do better.

Don't lose to Norway or Sweden or...whomever, same difference.

I'm sure the totally-not-Russians are also cheating so maybe it somehow cancels the other out.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Yeah this is easily the shittiest olympics I've ever seen.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    They just caught that 15-year-old figure skater for doping.

The one that everyone was creaming themselves over last week.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Even when we hire en masse, you got people who then leave en masse for more money or better treatment

Also the burnout is real. 6-10 interviews every day but no time to close them out or make sure you’re doing things correctly.

One of my old bosses DIED IN THE OFFICE. He worked on a different floor in a different office at this time, but his office stopped interviews immediately because the emotional fallout was rough.

My office? They kept us interviewing despite all of us having some kind of personal history with the guy. Because they scheduled too many people for interviews and needed to make sure they had enough bodies so they could reach this nebulous goal to impress shareholders.

And I had just had dinner with the dude like two nights before.

I couldn’t even get my office to do a minute of silence for him during a meeting.

Also policies change all the time and it’s really fucking with us. They keep going on about “oh we need to close these cases out fast! OUR BACKLOG IS INSANE” But then give applicants several extensions to reply when we ask for evidence because of covid, or because they didn’t give us all the info up front or yadda yadda. We can’t close out cases when they keep giving people extensions. We can’t interview people who keep using covid as a reason they can’t come in for an interview.

But if WE get covid? We can’t tell our coworkers because they won’t have bodies to close out cases and don’t want to cause a mass panic but they would love for us to take work home to work on while sick.

Sorry, i am incensed.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Academia green card prison is a whole extra layer of bullshit on top of what is already at best a very unequal exchange.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Wow none of you talking about Nintendo direct we’re going to @ me about Xenoblade 3?

How actually dare you.

This discussion has been closed.