As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Peace[chat]ter

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Hakks if you someday become a judge how many times per day do you estimate that Beast will have to hear the phrase "BOOM, judged" or "Ya judged"

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Goddamn

That new about Saget hitting his head and then going to sleep fucking sucks hard, ugh

The only good thing I can pull out of this is a retroactive gratefulness that I did go to the hospital to get my head checked out after I got norovirus last year and fell out of bed and smacked my head on my dresser, I was upset at the time to be stuck in a hospital all day waiting for a CAT scan / results to be read

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    or027upbgjrh.jpg

oh um *sweats*

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    ted lasso s1 storyline
    i'm totally gutted by this depiction of divorce. both are kind and supportive to the other. and then personal experience makes the premise, the 'i just fell out of love, you did nothing wrong' thing sting even more. what an unexpectedly dark turn, given the first half season was generally so lighthearted

Be ready for it to get much darker. S2 is pretty unhappy and deals with some heavy mental health stuff (on top of COVID production challenges)

Damn

Maybe I should hold off. I’m not exactly hardened against emotional turmoil rn

Isn't one of the themes of Ted Lasso to be okay with being emotionally vulnerable, and not allowing oneself to harden a la Paul Simon

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Shit happens dude, its how a lot of people die.

If you are young and Saget was arguably young for death. Quietly in your sleep with everyone in the world recognizing the loss isn't bad. Just bad luck that freakishly happens sometimes.

I mean you living to 105 and not being a day over 60 is ideal when you crap out in your sleep but good luck.

• Options
    Look I'm exhausted I just want to be a pretty witch.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Eddy wrote: »
    ted lasso s1 storyline
    i'm totally gutted by this depiction of divorce. both are kind and supportive to the other. and then personal experience makes the premise, the 'i just fell out of love, you did nothing wrong' thing sting even more. what an unexpectedly dark turn, given the first half season was generally so lighthearted

Be ready for it to get much darker. S2 is pretty unhappy and deals with some heavy mental health stuff (on top of COVID production challenges)

Damn

Maybe I should hold off. I’m not exactly hardened against emotional turmoil rn

Isn't one of the themes of Ted Lasso to be okay with being emotionally vulnerable, and not allowing oneself to harden a la Paul Simon

Yeah but what if I take like sixty pills, eddy

• Options
    I dont want to be a buzzkill, but if me and my wife were the 95 year old couple who got killed, together, after 70+ years of marriage, crossing a crosswalk because someone ran a red right down the street.

Well, that's a pretty solid bookend to life. I mean it probably hurt, but at that age it was also probably super quick.

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    I'd simply parry the bus

Feeling real glum about even the ease of love being ruined by the internet

Wait or is that just not endless school

Surely it was easy to be in love somewhere in the past for someone over 30

Tumin on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    I'd simply parry the bus

Feeling real glum about even the ease of love being ruined by the internet

Wait or is that just not endless school

Surely it was easy to be in love somewhere in the past for someone over 30

Ok listen here Daigo

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    The one that always makes me sad is like the old couple where one of them dies and then the other one just wastes away.

That was my great uncle. He was a super fun guy, one of the few likeable members of my extended family, was married for like 60 years. As soon as his wife died he was just done. He got put into the hospital and a couple days later threw himself out the window.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »
    The one that always makes me sad is like the old couple where one of them dies and then the other one just wastes away.

That was my great uncle. He was a super fun guy, one of the few likeable members of my extended family, was married for like 60 years. As soon as his wife died he was just done. He got put into the hospital and a couple days later threw himself out the window.

Isn't there some crazy percentage of cases where one partner dies and the other one follows within six months? I mean not suicide but might as well be giving up on life.

I know a lot of that is demands on the partner for the sick spouse leading to them deferring their own care and such.

But also the number of people who simply can not operate on their own is staggering. And 70-80 year olds are not known for adapting to new situations.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Achewood wrote:
    "Will you marry me" ...and just like that two folks set in motion the greatest and most drawn-out tragedy which is namely that in fifty years one of them has promised to sit there and watch the person that matters the most to them die

And that's the best-case scenario

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options

That mega sucks but also, I get it.

• Options
    I thoughr the best case was unlocking the mangekyo sharingan at a young age by killing your most beloved but I mean

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Been married twice I have a son who is an adult shithead lived all over the world multiple careers, my recent blood tests were all normal aside from this covid thing death can take a number

Weaver on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    girlfriend told me about this fuckin' awful story

don't read
    young dude goes out to a popular hiking spot near some hills. He's 19 years old and hanging out with his 20 year old girlfriend. He ends up fake falling to try and impress his girlfriend but stumbles and falls down head first. His head gets lodging into some rocks. When the first responders got to him, he was unresponsive. They had to med-evac him via a Helicopter. There wasn't much room for everyone so the paramedic literally hung below the helicopter via a harness and rope. They get him to the ER and it's clear there's no motor function. His parents come in and his dad faints and his mom is weeping and screaming hysterically.

take care of the people you love, basically

tyrannus on
  • Options
    zagdrob wrote: »

Isn't there some crazy percentage of cases where one partner dies and the other one follows within six months? I mean not suicide but might as well be giving up on life.

I know a lot of that is demands on the partner for the sick spouse leading to them deferring their own care and such.

But also the number of people who simply can not operate on their own is staggering. And 70-80 year olds are not known for adapting to new situations.

Yeah people call it dying of a broken heart

One of the more famous examples was Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »

don't read
    young dude goes out to a popular hiking spot near some hills. He's 19 years old and hanging out with his 20 year old girlfriend. He ends up fake falling to try and impress his girlfriend but stumbles and falls down head first. His head gets lodging into some rocks. When the first responders got to him, he was unresponsive. They had to med-evac him via a Helicopter. There wasn't much room for everyone so the paramedic literally hung below the helicopter via a harness and rope. They get him to the ER and it's clear there's no motor function. His parents come in and his dad faints and his mom is weeping and screaming hysterically.

How would the med response chopper not have room for a patient this is some facebook ass like for blessings everybody clapped bullshit

• Options
    2hdod8j6o6rc.jpeg

Shit

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »

don't read

How would the med response chopper not have room for a patient this is some facebook ass like for blessings everybody clapped bullshit

they did have room for the patient

they also commonly will leave behind some less essential EMS if there's not enough room for everyone

• Options
    btw med blackhawks have a swiveling tiered post where you just slot in stetchers, it's pretty cool, from a technical standpoint, depressing from an oh wow that had to be invented point

• Options
    Why did the eagles not simply fly the medic instead

• Options
    The eagles were too busy applying for ranger school because they knew how sexy Strider was.

• Options
    Chu, do you have backup or old glasses?

• Options
  • Options
    I do have backups with an older prescription

Poo

Zennis take forever to show up 😭

• Options
    Yeah, just load me up with alt-reality witchsynth
    466hu0uj89vq.jpg

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I can think of a few ways you could fix that in the meantime ranging from something as simple as "Gorilla Glue" to as absurd as "Ok, so figure out what kind of plastic it's made of then precisely heat a screwdriver head to just above the melting point for that plastic and then..."

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I can think of a few ways you could fix that in the meantime ranging from something as simple as "Gorilla Glue" to as absurd as "Ok, so figure out what kind of plastic it's made of then precisely heat a screwdriver head to just above the melting point for that plastic and then..."

Yes attempt every possible repair

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    It doesnt matter if you fix the glasses its all about the fumes we inhaled along the way

• Options
    Maybe I’ll order Warby Parkers just to get a fun little DK tantrum

• Options
    i will fight you Organichu

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    chu speaking from experience: if you do decide the glue the frame back in place, cover the lens in some tape first, or glue will find its way onto the lens

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    two part epoxy will probably work better than any cyanoacrylate-based superglue for such a small contact area (that will need to be able to flex slightly)

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Maybe I’ll order Warby Parkers just to get a fun little DK tantrum

looks like we got a big fan of chromatic and spherical aberration here folks

a real glutton for night blindness

• Options
    I am pretty sure I've never had cyanoacrylate successfully glue together anything but my fingers

• Options
    lol city councilor proposes the city build a $120k climbing wall at a public park

this is the city that up until 2 years ago had banned tobogganing on public property for liability reasons

This discussion has been closed.