Peace[chat]ter

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    They just caught that 15-year-old figure skater for doping.

The one that everyone was creaming themselves over last week.

I wouldnt be so amused if I hadnt seen a ridiculous post from a coworker gushing about how amazing olympic athletes are

Where is your drug free god now

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Here's America, I'm not going to the hospital because I'm not a big name republican so I wouldn't get any of the super fancy covid treatments, and even though I have health insurance I'd still end up eating a bill for thousands of dollars to maybe get to lie in a bed and get a saline IV.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited February 2022

What a phenomenally tone-deaf sentence about a teenager

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Also like, I don't want to accuse China of cheating without evidence. Generally what they've done recently is focus a lot of effort in events that they thought they could pick up medals in. Especially in the Summer Olympics. It's not really cheating, just putting a lot of investment into say, a diving program that can yield a lot of medals for the count.

Well that and convince people like Elaine Gu to defect, but that's a whole different thing.

It's Russia that likes to do the mad scientist thing.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    I could go on.

Do trust me when I say a lot of us would LOVE to just close out stuff in a timely manner. A lot of us feel for the applicants. We get it’s a struggle with your life on hold.

But for every honest person out there, we have serious shit applicants, or management fucking us. They eat into our time. Then you get cases where an employee who was insufficiently trained approves someone they shouldn’t have but did it all because management just cares about numbers.

But who gets fucked in the end?

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Tumin wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »

This is all very cool but is there any way they could like... i dunno hire more people and work on cases faster??? I am happy to feel welcomed or whatever but my husband and I are under a 9 - 12 month backlog and we just want to get that sweet sweet greencard and apply to jobs and live that dink life that was promised

I was so fkn shocked when you told me about this. I 100% thought marriage was the silver bullet- the tsa pre of immigration.
    If you were born abroad to one U.S. citizen, on or after November 14, 1986, you are likely a U.S. citizen

That’s my birthday! One year exactly before I was born. Slipped through just in time bay-beeeee 😼

it's fuckin trash. movies are a lie. you get married and it's a huge hassle and expensive and nowhere close to automatic or assured.

But the sex gets more passionate for that one night where the ghosts of the country clap for your commitment under the law right

(Tumsboo says we can elope if COVID lasts another year so please everyone lick tavs face)

Way ahead of you before I even heard about this Covid thing

Weaver wrote: »
    Here's America, I'm not going to the hospital because I'm not a big name republican so I wouldn't get any of the super fancy covid treatments, and even though I have health insurance I'd still end up eating a bill for thousands of dollars to maybe get to lie in a bed and get a saline IV.

Hmm aren't there places to get a saline IV without incurring the insane medical bill

Eddy wrote: »

The one that everyone in the figure skating world was showering with effusive praise, then

Jesus Christ

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Wow none of you talking about Nintendo direct we’re going to @ me about Xenoblade 3?

How actually dare you.

I thought it would offend you since you'd obviously already know

I could go on.

Do trust me when I say a lot of us would LOVE to just close out stuff in a timely manner. A lot of us feel for the applicants. We get it’s a struggle with your life on hold.

But for every honest person out there, we have serious shit applicants, or management fucking us. They eat into our time. Then you get cases where an employee who was insufficiently trained approves someone they shouldn’t have but did it all because management just cares about numbers.

Not you, if I’ve been reading your recent posts correctly

Weaver wrote: »

Hmm aren't there places to get a saline IV without incurring the insane medical bill

I mean that's probably all I'd get. It's like bare minimum care. I don't need one.

I think if someone is super great at figure skating then that is probably true even without peds

I could go on.

Chu, I just came off a heavy three posts long rant about my job and losing a boss and being forced to keep working while processing his death that had JUST happened in the very building I worked at and you hit me with this?

I’m going to put a feather in your butt

I had thought the implications were intentional, but maybe that was more cynical than knitdan intended to be

edited February 2022
    Winky wrote: »

I had thought the implications were intentional, but maybe that was more cynical than knitdan intended to be

the cream... and the clear?!

Eddy on
    Mim I’ll have you know that there has never been a more supportive or uplifting friend than I

Also like, I don't want to accuse China of cheating without evidence. Generally what they've done recently is focus a lot of effort in events that they thought they could pick up medals in. Especially in the Summer Olympics. It's not really cheating, just putting a lot of investment into say, a diving program that can yield a lot of medals for the count.

Well that and convince people like Elaine Gu to defect, but that's a whole different thing.

It's Russia that likes to do the mad scientist thing.

It's not cheating if you simply torture your athletes into winning

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I could go on.

Chu, I just came off a heavy three posts long rant about my job and losing a boss and being forced to keep working while processing his death that had JUST happened in the very building I worked at and you hit me with this?

I’m going to put a feather in your butt
    happy birthday

• zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Can we just lean into all of us take the Captain America superdrugs that at least let us plan when everyone's heart explodes?

I mean it's just status quo but predictable

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    how long until we are unironically using the term russkies

Neco Neco Neco did you realize that the two girls in the masks are Mellia and Nia??

Elendil wrote: »
    how long until we are unironically using the term russkies

Not much what's Russkies with you

edited February 2022
    A friendly reminder that Russia has 1/10 the GDP of the USA, has won 196 gold medals at all the Olympics, and the USA has won

Rivals, you say?

Tumin on
    I got my positive result from the real UW drive up PCR testing place so I sent that pdf off to kroger and hopefully I get paid

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Hmm, can I not sleep because of this headache, or is the headache caused by lack of sleep

It is a mystery

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    edited February 2022
    Tumin wrote: »
    A friendly reminder that Russia has 1/10 the GDP of the USA, has won 196 gold medals at all the Olympics, and the USA has won

Rivals, you say?

edit: I'm very fatigued and sick and was thinking in like 4x video game terms what our colonizing ancestors did was horrible

Weaver on
  • RonTheDMRonTheDM Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Russia has the gdp of Texas

Does Eurovision happen anymore?

Or the thing with all the national costumes? I forget what its called.

I feel like the world sucks and is dumb but in new and stupider ways than the cocaine addled past.

Hmm, can I not sleep because of this headache, or is the headache caused by lack of sleep

It is a mystery

Do a shot of sleepy alcohol

It is a mystery

Do a shot of sleepy alcohol

I don't know which are the sleepy alcohols and which are the fighty alcohols

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Neco Neco Neco did you realize that the two girls in the masks are Mellia and Nia??

I figured it was Nia as her voice is unmistakable but I missed Melia!

zagdrob wrote: »

I feel like the world sucks and is dumb but in new and stupider ways than the cocaine addled past.

They do

Also we're getting our own U.S. version

It's gonna be a glorious disaster

zagdrob wrote: »

They do

Also we're getting our own U.S. version

It's gonna be a glorious disaster

Stateovision Song Contest?

50 songs about how America is great, hooray freedom

The past two weeks I've been eating super well and exercising like today I ran 5 miles, the most in close to three years. I've lost several pounds.

If I can do that and still drink too much, dealing with my alcohol consumption is a tomorrow problem.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    One of the two people just arrested for laundering $4 billion in stolen Bitcoin is possibly the worst rapper ever. Worse than Chet Hanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IUyltbbFZM

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I got a fucking enormous jar of pea protein to make shakes out of on days I work out

Jesus Christ this is so much

My husband said I’d better consume it all or there’d be problems

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    I could go on.

Many applicants are not represented by an attorney. They are filling out forms on their own, following pages and pages of instructions that, even when simplified, are hard to understand, and that’s even if they are literate in a language that the forms and their instructions come in. When I was in the immigration clinic at school, our first application bounced because despite our diligent efforts, we missed a few empty boxes to write “N/A” in (a stupid ass trump era rule that I hope has been dumpstered). We drilled our client for hours and hours in the week leading up to the asylum interview. We produced a brick of supporting exhibits over 500+ pages long and a brief 50+ pages long, just for an affirmative asylum application. That’s a well-represented application. For every well-represented applicant, there are 50 pro se, figuring it all out on their own, or getting scammed by bad attorneys who promise the moon and get them thrown into removal proceedings. And, every week, we’d hope the AG, BIA, or SCOTUS wouldn’t reinterpret the INA or IIRIRA to make the process and the standards even more impossible to surmount.

USCIS a) doesn’t belong in DHS b) needs more resources c) needs a stable law to apply

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    I got to briefly pet dog!

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I got a fucking enormous jar of pea protein to make shakes out of on days I work out

Jesus Christ this is so much

My husband said I’d better consume it all or there’d be problems

drink the pea

drink the pea

wait

Shit.

Saget bumped his head and decided to go to sleep. Bet he slipped in the shower and didnt want to admit it.

And died from a brain bleed.

What a stupid bullshit way to die for anyone.

This discussion has been closed.