As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xenoblade Chronicles: You Will Know Our Games

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Wave 3 DLC should be live!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Well, the new hero is neat.

RNG accessories are meh, but her skills are good. Party wide crit aura is kind of... yes this is going on every team comp ever, same as the damage and defense ones.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Enel, who holds the easy any% speedrun world record, is struggling with hard/pro gauntlet mode after steamrolling beginner and medium. So the gauntlet mode might hold some longer-term challenge than the regular challenge battles.

The first B/A ranks of each level give you the A version of the new legacy outfits. You can buy the B version for noponstone but its just a color swap of the A variants. That seems like it might be it for new skins in this patch.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    The new patch had some data to mine which seems related to the big Wave 4 story DLC.... names of camp locations and the names of cutscene events. Suggests some exciting things but is potentially spoilerrific, so I'll spoiler a few highlights below.
    Practically confirms a founder's DLC set in Aionios... but there's some other things going on.

A few of the recognizable locations are mostly the Bionis leg, Colony 9, the bridge, as well as Prison Island. There's three more camps than Torna if you want to try to infer anything from that.

Matthew appears very early and Na'el much later... both of these apparently translate to "gift from God"... these might be the first names of Vandham and Doyle respectively, the two main protagonists... another play on N and M.

Events that suggest a broader scope than just explaining the founders:

Klaus' World
    Ghondor's Path
    Creation of the Worlds
    The Ark
    Origin's Memories
    Future
    The One at the Beginning

The penultimate event is "Alpha"... Alvis?

It looks like they are going to reach into the past to tie things together... and maybe a bit into the future beyond Aionios as well... that is something the Monado can do after all. Seems pretty Hype either way!

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2023
    The new patch had some data to mine which seems related to the big Wave 4 story DLC.... names of camp locations and the names of cutscene events. Suggests some exciting things but is potentially spoilerrific, so I'll spoiler a few highlights below.
    Practically confirms a founder's DLC set in Aionios... but there's some other things going on.

A few of the recognizable locations are mostly the Bionis leg, Colony 9, the bridge, as well as Prison Island. There's three more camps than Torna if you want to try to infer anything from that.

Matthew appears very early and Na'el much later... both of these apparently translate to "gift from God"... these might be the first names of Vandham and Doyle respectively, the two main protagonists... another play on N and M.

Events that suggest a broader scope than just explaining the founders:

Klaus' World
    Ghondor's Path
    Creation of the Worlds
    The Ark
    Origin's Memories
    Future
    The One at the Beginning

The penultimate event is "Alpha"... Alvis?

It looks like they are going to reach into the past to tie things together... and maybe a bit into the future beyond Aionios as well... that is something the Monado can do after all. Seems pretty Hype either way!
    oh please oh please have something in the future. I can work with that. But if it's 100% just filling in info from the past I'm so out. So I hope you are right there!

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    I peeked at the spoilers above, I am ok with this :3

Oh also, been playing Wave 3 over the weekend. I like the new character, she is fun :D Spoiler for her ascension quest
    I do wonder if her being the head of House Cassini hints at anything significant. Like, this is "Rex's house" basically, though we never see who the original founder of it was. I'm curious if there is some element of Masha's design that either informs the origins of the house (like, the house founder is related to X character from 1 or 2) or if it's meant to give you a little context for a character that will be playable in the Wave 4 dlc. Probably overthinking this but I'm still very curious.

Also holy shit I relate to waiting forever on expensive commissions to an artist who probably forgot you even commissioned them...

I didn't get around to playing the gauntlet mode but I watched someone else play (and suck at it - why the hell would you pick buffs for having 4 Kevesi members when your party of 3 already consists of two non-Kevesi? He literally didn't get a single Kevesi after that either) and the mode looks super fun. Feels like you can get RNG screwed on rolling actual party members but I guess that's what the shuffle tickets are for. Some of the effects you can get are nuts too (AOE on auto attacks?!?)

I also took the time to rectify some unfinished business from the base game that I never completed after beating it
    Namely Melia's ascension quest :P Don't know why I didn't go back and do this - I think I had trouble finding it because maybe I forgot her class inheritor had to be rank 10 first? *shrug* I do remember specifically checking the obvious starting location for it and not seeing it, so it must have been this... I also literally discovered the Armu farming thing for the first time and I wonder how the hell I missed this. I guess I never go to Colony Mu (I wanted to fill in the Cadensia map which I thought finding that fast travel location would do T_T I'm still missing SOME location and it's pissing me off.....).

But TIL activating Origin actually opens up a few areas including the third sword altar where you fight Addam clones in XC2, which is awesome. There is still one ledge near there I can't get to and it's also pissing me off (maybe the location I'm missing for map fill-in)... GRRRRR... There's even a barrel that I need to get there to get.. (maybe I should watch a barrel guide or something to figure out how). I came so damn close to making the jump from that giant coral but alas... T_T

Part of me wants to get to 100 and do Superbosses for the first time ever but another part of me is like, I have so many other games to play T_T

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Huh, armu farming isnt ringing a bell.

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Huh, armu farming isnt ringing a bell.

There might be pre-reqs - I think Fiona's ascension quest is definitely one of them based on the dialog. Then I had to get some info bubbles around Colony Mu to unlock it. At the time it seemed to be the only Colony Mu questline I hadn't done from what I could tell.

But yeah, I was shocked that was a thing. It's like kind of elaborate too (seems similar to the XC2 Armu thing in Gormott)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    There's more data mined spoilers out for a while, six names for UI elements that look like the six party members of wave 4. Its somewhat hype so beware spoiling yourself if you want the impact later.
    Appearing in the files in this order:

Matthew
    Ei
    Nicole
    Kagiroi
    Shulk
    Rex

That's right. Rex/Shulk playable through the bulk of the campaign. So the statues probably weren't telling us exactly who founded the second city, they're telling us who *fought* for the second city. Nothing states that Rex/Shulk were not Oroborous, or that Reid/Cassini were! I would bet something happens to Rex/Shulk at the end, and so their students Reid/Cassini have to carry on in their stead doing the boring work of government, urban planning and the like.

Still note these are just string names, we don't know their contents yet. So its possible some of these names change, and if they don't it is probably only the original, pre-localization names. That said I doubt they weren't set from the beginning on Shulk & Rex (not like they have to decide what to name them!) so I'm 100% expecting them now.

• Options
    edited February 2023
    There's more data mined spoilers out for a while, six names for UI elements that look like the six party members of wave 4. Its somewhat hype so beware spoiling yourself if you want the impact later.

Matthew
    Ei
    Nicole
    Kagiroi
    Shulk
    Rex

That's right. Rex/Shulk playable through the bulk of the campaign. So the statues probably weren't telling us exactly who founded the second city, they're telling us who *fought* for the second city. Nothing states that Rex/Shulk were not Oroborous, or that Reid/Cassini were! I would bet something happens to Rex/Shulk at the end, and so their students Reid/Cassini have to carry on in their stead doing the boring work of government, urban planning and the like.

Still note these are just string names, we don't know their contents yet. So its possible some of these names change, and if they don't it is probably only the original, pre-localization names. That said I doubt they weren't set from the beginning on Shulk & Rex (not like they have to decide what to name them!) so I'm 100% expecting them now.
    It's kind of implied though. All citizens of the city are descendants of Ouroboros (with the fancy half-Ouroboros eyes and everything) so unless house Cassini and Reid were descendants of Shulk/Rex/another Ouroboros (and thus Ouroboros by default), they'd have to be Ouroboros too, or the houses would have to really descend from Shulk and Rex and the statues are lying.

They leave the thing very vague about if EVERYONE actually has the Ouroboros eyes (Masha's ascension quest mentions "houseless" people for example), but we at least see all the Ouroboros candidates remove their eyepatches (semi-offscreen so they don't have to show everyone's eyes, just Monica's) which would include Shania who is a member of House Cassini.

All of that said, Shulk and Rex are both special anyways (Wielder of the Monado/Master Driver) so for all it matters that could also technically just MAKE them Ouroboros in this world by default. It's all kinda coming from the same place (the nebulous Xeno blade powers place). Or maybe they're not Ouroboros at all *shrug*

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Matthew
    Ei
    Nicole
    Kagiroi
    Shulk
    Rex

It's kind of implied though. All citizens of the city are descendants of Ouroboros (with the fancy half-Ouroboros eyes and everything) so unless house Cassini and Reid were descendants of Shulk/Rex/another Ouroboros (and thus Ouroboros by default), they'd have to be Ouroboros too, or the houses would have to really descend from Shulk and Rex and the statues are lying.

They leave the thing very vague about if EVERYONE has the Ouroboros eyes, but we at least see all the Ouroboros candidates remove their eyepatches (semi-offscreen so they don't have to show everyone's eyes, just Monica's) which would include Shania who is a member of House Cassini.

All of that said, Shulk and Rex are both special anyways (Wielder of the Monado/Master Driver) so for all it matters that could also technically just MAKE them Ouroboros in this world by default. It's all kinda coming from the same place (the nebulous Xeno blade powers place).
    Every generation has a set of oroborous, anyone whose descended from them has oroborous blood, and plenty of inter marrying going on. By the time of XC3 the oroborous have mostly been City folk who have better chances of leaving offspring than the soldiers do. There's lots of ways of spreading oroborous without taking the founders' houses into consideration, and hell Cassini/Reid might already have the blood in them.

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Watched this last night. Obviously spoilers (for all of wave 3 and also a lot of other stuff like the ending and other XBC games)
    https://youtu.be/v9GRzJ3GmUk

Some cool observations there. I also kind of wondered if this was semi setting up a character or something for Wave 4's story DLC.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
  • Options
    That name/event leak proved fully accurate BTW, although not always in the way that was expected! Insane that they are basically shadow dropping it, not much longer to wait!

• Options
    edited April 2023
    I cannot believe it's coming this month. I thought for sure this wasn't coming until like Fall at the earliest.

Also
    that girl is TOTALLY Rex and Pyra's daughter...

Edit: Wait what???

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I was totally expecting it to be this summer when the soundtrack is released.

I'm fine with next week!

Also holy shit the trailer, looks amazing, but I'd avoid it for people looking to go in fresh, because it uh...has a lot.

Meh on the amiibo, not like they'll be possible to find in stock anyway.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    The timing is really weird. Between the story DLC dropping at least 6 months earlier than originally advertised or expected and the Noah and Mio amiibos coming later (presumably after July 21, otherwise they would have been included in in the Pyra and Mythra announcement), I wonder if there is another story DLC or game announcement coming up.

• Options
    edited April 2023
    So I didn't think to post this because I had been busy lately, and assumed it got shared here, but it looks like it didn't:

The XC3 soundtrack is getting released this summer on July 29.

I have no idea about a worldwide release, but the website (It's Yasunori Mitsuda's publishing site) offers international shipping.

The preorder period (to guarantee purchase on release) is till the end of April, and the XC3 soundtrack comes with a booklet and mini flute replica's.

Also, they're offering a full set of OST's for all three games, including XC:DE finally. It doesn't appear to contain the original XC OST though, just the DE version, which may be a bummer for some.

It doesn't come with the mini-flutes, but comes with a different booklet and a "Trinity Processor" case.

It has a release date also of July 29, with a preorder period till the end of April also.

They're expensive!

I don't know exactly how much they cost (the cost in the cart was fluxuating constantly because of currency things, it was converting JP to NZD because it's being shipped here to me, but I was paying in USD), but I know they're pretty expensive, as I preordered both and uh...that was probably unnecessary, but I got mixed messaging on whether or not the XC:DE soundtrack would be released independently (one thing I read said it would, but later in the year, but there's no preorder), and I'm a sucker for Xeno-releated things.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Looks like there's supposed to be a normal version for the XC3 soundtrack as well, which should presumably be easier on the wallet.

The complete set is tempting for the Torna and DE soundtrack additions, but I already have the XC1, XCX, and XC2 soundtracks...

• Options
    edited April 2023
    I do too!

I shouldn't be spending money on the trilogy set.

But I am. :lol:

EDIT: hell, I already have the Torna soundtrack too. It's entirely for the DE soundtrack (which, for the record, I may or may not have in some capacity, but I like to pay for things) and the box.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    I was torn between the full set and the flutes but went with more things to look pretty and collect dust.

I am shocked this DLC is coming out so soon all signs pointed to july.

Give me Eunie and Lanz amiibo Nintendo.

• Options
    edited April 2023
    So I didn't think to post this because I had been busy lately, and assumed it got shared here, but it looks like it didn't:

The XC3 soundtrack is getting released this summer on July 29.

I have no idea about a worldwide release, but the website (It's Yasunori Mitsuda's publishing site) offers international shipping.

The preorder period (to guarantee purchase on release) is till the end of April, and the XC3 soundtrack comes with a booklet and mini flute replica's.

Also, they're offering a full set of OST's for all three games, including XC:DE finally. It doesn't appear to contain the original XC OST though, just the DE version, which may be a bummer for some.

It doesn't come with the mini-flutes, but comes with a different booklet and a "Trinity Processor" case.

It has a release date also of July 29, with a preorder period till the end of April also.

They're expensive!

I don't know exactly how much they cost (the cost in the cart was fluxuating constantly because of currency things, it was converting JP to NZD because it's being shipped here to me, but I was paying in USD), but I know they're pretty expensive, as I preordered both and uh...that was probably unnecessary, but I got mixed messaging on whether or not the XC:DE soundtrack would be released independently (one thing I read said it would, but later in the year, but there's no preorder), and I'm a sucker for Xeno-releated things.

I was actually just coming to talk about this. I just stumbled on it on my own a bit ago. Yeah they are pretty expensive:
    XC3 OST Limited Edition: $128
    Trinity Box (Limited Edition): $153
    XC3 OST Regular Edition: $50

This doesn't include shipping. They also have an insane amount of music so the price is actually kind of understandable. The XC3 one alone has 9 CDs. The Trinity Box has 20.

I was so torn on this but ended up breaking down and ordering the XC3 Limited Edition soundtrack. FYI, shipping on that for me was ~$30. I was seriously trying to decide if I would rather have the Trinity box but the pure amount of extras in the XC3 one kinda pushed it over the edge for me. From what I can tell, the Trinity box is literally just a fancy box, the CDs and a 56 page booklet. The XC3 one is the CDs, an 80 page booklet, replica Noah and Mio flutes, an art print of I think the cover (which is drawn by the XC3 character artist), and a message card signed by all the composers. It kinda felt like an insane amount of extras for a lower price than the Trinity set (and frankly, I kinda think XC3 has the best music of the series anyways... The other two games have awesome tracks too but I'd rather get cool XC3 extras :3)

Edit: Oh forgot to mention, supposedly a digital version of the soundtrack is supposed to be released too if you don't care about the package/CDs. But they don't have a price or anything up for that at the moment

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    This is probably not the most productive place to say this as likely most of us have finished XC3; but since my daughter just started it recently, I thought I'd yell out to folks who aren't done with the game or might play it in the future:

Don't watch the trailer for the DLC.

It is spoilery as hell for XC3. Even if what it spoils might not make sense, once you get into XC3 you'll definitely make the connections and have things spoiled.

Granted, one of the biggest "twists" in XC3 was so painfully obvious that I actually laughed a little that they tried to play it off as a legitimate twist. But still.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    They also have an insane amount of music so the price is actually kind of understandable. The XC3 one alone has 9 CDs.

Holy crap. The XC1 OST was only 4!

• Options
    edited April 2023
    I'm watching through this right now
    https://www.youtube.com/live/sux3EydbeII

Wow there is actually quite a bit more content on the Japanese website, including Granddad's name
    it's Ghondor :3
    Also all the new class names and stuff. There is a lot of cool things not really in the trailer (nothing super spoilery but some details on gameplay systems and stuff)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Yeah I'd sum the new systems on the Japanese website as:

Oroborous Power: it looks like fusion arts between keves and agnus, except there's bonuses in picking combinations. So you don't just get two skills added together, you get an additional effect depending on the combination.

Union Combo: seems to replace interlink. Its like a super Talent art, where character A does a move, then Character B, then the two of them together. I see two dots next to it, I would guess this lets you pick whether A or B does the move first, possibly changing what the combo move is at the end. The game movies tend to show these unions being between expected pairs (Matthew/A, Shulk/Rex, Nichol/Glimmer), but the interface looks like you *might* be able to pair party members differently.

Affinity Goals: this seems to replace the Soul Tree (or maybe even leveling classes), and it looks like a pile of options per character, probably mostly passives with some active unlocks. It seems like you develop them through completion goals like filling out the map or bestiary, so you can't just farm the same set of high-level mobs over and over to max them out.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    While I'm a little sad I'll be putting it off until August but then I realized that this bridges the gap between the #1 most awesome stretch of the year(jedi survivor, totk, ff16) into the #2 most awesome stretch (bg3, Starfield, Spider-Man)and really just makes this summer game bonanza legit never stop.

I'm dying in the best way.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    I love how MonolithSoft is like "Yeah, we have some story DLC in the works" and it turns out to be another mostly-full game in the universe. This is, what, the second time they've done it? Third?

EDIT:

Torna: The Golden Land
    Future Connected
    Future Redeemed

Just a crazy amount of output by them. Plus their work on helping Nintendo proper on BotW.

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Yeah I'd sum the new systems on the Japanese website as:

Oroborous Power: it looks like fusion arts between keves and agnus, except there's bonuses in picking combinations. So you don't just get two skills added together, you get an additional effect depending on the combination.

Union Combo: seems to replace interlink. Its like a super Talent art, where character A does a move, then Character B, then the two of them together. I see two dots next to it, I would guess this lets you pick whether A or B does the move first, possibly changing what the combo move is at the end. The game movies tend to show these unions being between expected pairs (Matthew/A, Shulk/Rex, Nichol/Glimmer), but the interface looks like you *might* be able to pair party members differently.

Affinity Goals: this seems to replace the Soul Tree (or maybe even leveling classes), and it looks like a pile of options per character, probably mostly passives with some active unlocks. It seems like you develop them through completion goals like filling out the map or bestiary, so you can't just farm the same set of high-level mobs over and over to max them out.

I believe that analysis video was saying Union Combo (?) was like the Soul Link system from XCX (it's been forever since I played that one so I totally don't remember). Affinity Goals seemed a lot like Ino-swap to me, only instead of using fancy ether you spend Affinity Points (which reminds me of the Affinity trees in the first game)

Honestly I want to say looking at the few battle things they showed off it reminded me a bit of how the left fusion thingy works in the Gauntlet, where Ouroboros merging is replaced with a fancy powerful skill that kinda charges up (since you can't merge with the Hero characters :P)

Also, only got through about half of that analysis livestream thingy but one thing they pointed out (and this might be huge spoilers for two characters so I'll spoiler it)
    There's a character in the trailer who uses Reyn's weapon type but looks a LOT like Sharla. They paused it on that and yeah, I don't think that's a coincidence. There was some speculation that she might be one of the founders that don't have a statue (I'd personally assume Reid since that's the Skulk statue and if this really IS the daughter of Reyn and Sharla, it'd make sense for Shulk to be her mentor)

There was another character in the background of a scene with green hair and a healer staff that they were speculating could be related to Joran.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Wave 4 is not coming 6 months "earlier", 12/31 is just a standard placeholder date for "some time this year".

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I actually still wonder if there's going to be a surprise Wave 5 of some sort (maybe not technically a "wave" but a free update?). There's still a couple weirdly absent Hero characters they could pretty easily do.
    *cough*Mwamba*cough* Seriously, how is he not a Hero? There's even code in the game that suggested he was gonna be
    I guess I'm mostly curious if they'll do what they did with XC2 with all the extra free blades they put out. It also feels like they could probably make up some bullshit excuse to let Shulk and Rex be heroes in the main story, ala the Shulk, Fiona and Elma blades in XC2. Like, write up some Nopon Archsage nonsense, record a few more lines and then re-use your DLC models. I'd say the XC2 blades were less work because these have voiced ascension quests, but then XC2 kinda had an equivalent that they gave to all the extra blades (albeit not all of them voiced). I guess the bulk of the work would probably be re-skinning all the main cast for each new class they added and programming in the questlines :P

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    There's a character in the trailer who uses Reyn's weapon type but looks a LOT like Sharla. They paused it on that and yeah, I don't think that's a coincidence. There was some speculation that she might be one of the founders that don't have a statue (I'd personally assume Reid since that's the Skulk statue and if this really IS the daughter of Reyn and Sharla, it'd make sense for Shulk to be her mentor)

There was another character in the background of a scene with green hair and a healer staff that they were speculating could be related to Joran.
    Its unlikely that Reid is Reyn/Sharla's daughter because its probably been at least 100 years since Aionios was founded, counting all the decades of N/M lifetimes till they had a kid, and then three generations after that to get to Matthew/Na'el. The suspected Glimmer/Rex and Nichol/Shulk relationship, those two are agnus/keves grown clones of the originals, like Mio vs Nia. If Reid here is not a soldier clone but a natural offspring of the city, its unlikely to be Reyn/Sharla's daughter... although she is probably a descendant of them, would be what they are trying to communicate. Same as how Matthew/Na'El look fairly Noah/Mio even though they are great-grandchildren.

Yes there are questions about how Shulk/Rex are alive for 100+ extra years, but they might be special on account of having faced down Alvis earlier in the timeline.... with Zed present as well. Alvis may have frozen or killed them earlier and revived them now, once he thought they had a purpose to fulfill, especially with A seeming to be Alvis-affiliated.

As for post-wave 4 updates, I'm not expecting anything honestly. There's no physical release for this DLC, so it seems lower-key. Plus XC2 released fairly unfinished compared to XC3, so its not like they were as overflowing with ideas they didn't get to finish up.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    edited April 2023

Its unlikely that Reid is Reyn/Sharla's daughter because its probably been at least 100 years since Aionios was founded, counting all the decades of N/M lifetimes till they had a kid, and then three generations after that to get to Matthew/Na'el. The suspected Glimmer/Rex and Nichol/Shulk relationship, those two are agnus/keves grown clones of the originals, like Mio vs Nia. If Reid here is not a soldier clone but a natural offspring of the city, its unlikely to be Reyn/Sharla's daughter... although she is probably a descendant of them, would be what they are trying to communicate. Same as how Matthew/Na'El look fairly Noah/Mio even though they are great-grandchildren.

Yes there are questions about how Shulk/Rex are alive for 100+ extra years, but they might be special on account of having faced down Alvis earlier in the timeline.... with Zed present as well. Alvis may have frozen or killed them earlier and revived them now, once he thought they had a purpose to fulfill, especially with A seeming to be Alvis-affiliated.

As for post-wave 4 updates, I'm not expecting anything honestly. There's no physical release for this DLC, so it seems lower-key. Plus XC2 released fairly unfinished compared to XC3, so its not like they were as overflowing with ideas they didn't get to finish up.
    IIRC the girl was in Keves clothing. So definitely could be a clone.

Edit: NM, I was wrong. Could still be related tho
    3agr66k3809z.png

Edit: You know, watched the dlc trailer again, and also watching a stream at the moment of someone of someone doing Sena's ascension quest
    So, regarding the trailer, it really feels like the black hair girl might be *with* Shulk. She shows up in several scenes next to him. I think regardless of whether she's related to Reyn and Sharla she is definitely Reid.

That said, if she IS their daughter, man, that feels very poetic for Shania.
    She's kind of the anti-Reyn. It's kind of a similar type of character growth but coming from the opposite end. Where Reyn was all muscle and low on smarts, Shania is gifted creatively but lacks strength. It's been awhile since I played XC1 but I feel like Reyn even went through a similar arc of doubting himself with Shulk and Sharla.

There's also a really superficial thing I noticed in Shania's name being almost a combination of Sharla and Reyn's names :3 (Reyn more phonetically :3) Maybe not even intentional but funny if they end up being related. (edit: yeah, I looked up everyone's Japanese name. Definitely not intentional. Sharla is actually Karuna in Japanese, Reyn is Rain. Meanwhile Shania is literally Shanaia Rīdo, basically identical. Similar to Rain a bit, but nothing like Karuna.)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Well, it seems like the DLC is continuing the normal Xenoblade tradition of clowning on 99.9% of every other games soundtracks with any given song.

And then adding jazz hands because it's the DLC. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC2Sf0GD4f8

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    I saw someone say it would be out at 8pm CST so stupid me is checking it every hour starting at 8pm last night for the DLC. No, I read it wrong. It's 8pm TONIGHT. I didn't entertain that because it's so god damn late, but bah, I guess that's the case (probably)

I wanna play so dang bad haha

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I brought my switch to the office this morning to start on this DLC in my spare time only to learn that I won't get it until 9PM tonight.

This... This has been a long day.

• Options
    Oh so that's why it's not available this morning. I thought surely it'd be 25th of April by now in America.
    25th was a public holiday for us which would have been perfect but no 26th release date, damn trailers.

• Options
    Is there any trick to using the accessory crafting from the previous DLC's hero?

I understand that the bonuses are baked in when you craft it, but is it otherwise just save, make, reload if it's garbage?

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Nooooo I don't wanna sleep T_T

Spoilers for up to getting all the party members
    Jesus Christ literally every founder is a descendant of XC1 and 2 protagonists (most of them Rex). I have half a mind to confirm Panecea and Linka don't share voice actresses with Sharla and Pandoria (they probably don't in the same way Glimmer is not voiced by Sky Bennett even tho she sounds exactly like Mythra). I don't know if Nikol was a poor attempt at a Fiora accent but it failed :D haha (not a fan of his voice but it's growing on me a little)

Also daddy Rex is not mad but he's very disappointed...

Also at this point I'm just going to assume Riku is one of Riki's kids. I dunno if they're gonna say at some point but Jesus everyone else is freaking related to everyone else so why not? (also Shulk is clearly his Masterpon... I can see why the base game didn't wanna say).

Also A is a walking Xenoblade 1 nostalgia reference I see. Don't think I don't see what you're doing there with her voice lines Monolith...

Also my God I think they've made it even harder than the base game to not be stupidly overleveled at all points. I probably should have picked Hard.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    So many checklists!
    Yes that is the xenoblade shit I crave.