As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Trek]: Now Playing: Lower Decks S3 (Latest seasons of current shows in spoilers)

19596979899101»

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Lower Decks:
    PEANUT HAMPER.

Honestly a fun episode that mostly struggles a little early because it's really just got peanut hamper and One Note Bird Folk to work with.

But it's still fun and satisfying as a botched first contact story/reintegration of a 'fallen' species (seriously someone in Star Trek writing is gonna follow up with those newly space faring birds).

Writing wise it's also really satisfying that all of Peanut Hamper's issues ultimately come from a lack of being willing to integrate into community. Whether it's her family, Starfleet or the birds. She wants to put herself above others and always feels owed without doing much exceptional herself.

Kinda fucked up they put her in the evil super computer division rather than like, therapy and a penal colony if she's supposed to be a sentient federation citizen.

I think the end was more....
    Just to have more Jeffery Combs. Which I am okay with.

Overall I found the episode okay. Not one of the better ones especially with some of the real strong ones this season.

Lower Decks S03E07:
    I can sustain myself solely on all of the looks Captain Freeman was giving the whole situation the entire time. The shock and the “wtf?” And the “Oh hell no”

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Good lord The Nagus (S1E10)...

I miss Wallace Shawn and I love when I get to see him in something new (to me)

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    edited October 2022

Wallace Shawn’s Nagus is great and just so much fun.

APODionysus on
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

QUARK!

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I forgot he shows up so early. I swear he was more like season 2 or 3.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

QUARK!

Tulaberries, Quark!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    With a few exceptions, it's always a fun episode when Ferengi or Klingons show up.

It's always a good time when they show up at the same time.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    The Ferengi are in a way one of DS9’s greatest magic tricks. A race that started out so awful and so one note, gets evolved and given significant depth over the course of the show. It’s a frankly really great accomplishment especially when look at their early TNG appearances.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular

He is still acting? I had to go check cause this post made him sound super dead, and I know he was in a thing recently. Plenty of time for him to continue to be in new stuff.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Gnizmo wrote: »

He is still acting? I had to go check cause this post made him sound super dead, and I know he was in a thing recently. Plenty of time for him to continue to be in new stuff.

He was a recurring character in Young Sheldon, as far as recent work.

EDIT: most recent movie I remember seeing him in was a side character in Marriage Story, the Adam Driver/ScarJo movie.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular

the poor guy was allergic to the makeup. Man, what a trooper.

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Just an fyi, but we're 101 pages.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Just an fyi, but we're 101 pages.

I’d make a new thread but I’m still at work and thus don’t have time for a proper OP

• Options
    evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    On it.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular

QUARK!

I can hear it in his voice. My god.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.