As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There's No Crying in Baseba-I MEAN [Love]

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    tom cocklane's greatest hits

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    spono wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    I can see a flaw in your tour route because for some reason you didn't divert west and visit Cock Lane

my life... is a Cock Lane.

To the tune of

https://youtu.be/U3sMjm9Eloo

i don't wanna ride cock lane all night long heck 15 mins max

• Options
    spono wrote: »
    I can see a flaw in your tour route because for some reason you didn't divert west and visit Cock Lane

my life... is a Cock Lane.

To the tune of

https://youtu.be/U3sMjm9Eloo

i don't wanna ride cock lane all night long heck 15 mins max

yeah sometimes when you're tired of the cock lane you just need to appreciate

9Y47fRp.jpg

• Options
    Understanding Debussy
    Enjoying Debussy
    Getting into Debussy
    Even deeper with Debussy
    The feel of Debussy
    A night with Debussy
    Appreciating Debussy

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Love thread, I'm about to eat prime rib in the sky while getting blotto and watching Paddington 2

My dreams are coming true

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options

I wonder what this dude will do when he realizes that his butt is being stimulated every time he sits down.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Hey isn't that person who tweeted that kind of sucky

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Word of warning the person commenting on this is an alt-right figure and white surpremacist

Platy on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Yeah both the the original tweet and a bunch of commenters are pieces of shit, fuck those guys.

Edited for inaccurate fire, don't rush when you type friends.

Peen on
  • Options
    She's female Sargon

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    That person has never been bareback on a horse for any extended period of time.

There is a reason we invented saddles.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Oh I guess fuck everyone involved then, my b.

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    Oh I guess fuck everyone involved then, my b.

Yeah claiming to be left-wing and only hosting Nazis

• Options
    I've never ridden a horse

Is it fun

• Options
    It very much depends on the horse and its gait.

The smoothest horse I ever rode was our Tennessee Walker DeeDee. We mostly had quarter horses (still do) and they tended to be kinda choppy and rough but our mare Gracie is extremely good and doesn't need any bridle pressure to turn and only the lightest of heel taps to go.

If you get an easy one like her it can be very relaxing to go for a trail ride, though I haven't been in years. I can't speak to English style equstrianism.

I love horses. They are big, dumb, expensive, idiot babies that will sometime just randomly die because their intestines flipped upside down for no real reason.

• Options
    If I was like 180 pounds less I think riding a horse would be an experience to try

• Options
    Fun Horse Fact™️ you can say hello to a horse by gently blowing into their nose!

Every time I go home and say hello to our gelding BJ, he sticks his muzzle in my face.

Just uh, be careful because young colts especially are prone to...

nibbling

• Options
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Fun Horse Fact™️ you can say hello to a horse by gently blowing into their nose!

Every time I go home and say hello to our gelding BJ, he sticks his muzzle in my face.

Just uh, be careful because young colts especially are prone to...

nibbling

I once got nibbled by an old ass horse at a petting zoo when went to feed it the available pellets

He looked very apologetic when he realized he accidentally got my fingers a little and to be fair he didn't get them that hard but it did smart a little

I think I was like 7

• Options
    Horse bites are second only to guinea pig bites on the HOLY GOD CHRIST FUCK scale

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Like being bitten by a furry potato

Like God was playing a joke giving it teeth like that

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    my understanding with Shoe is she's a former female Sargon (she guest hosted his show on his channel at one point), who has abandoned her previous alt-right stances, but to the best of my knowledge has not really reckoned with the harm she's done and walked back nearly enough of it. She was one of the early major voices of gamergate and last I checked hoped everyone would just forget all that as she pivoted to the left.

but then, even in the best case scenario that her change of heart is genuine and not just an opportunistic change of grift, I don't really dig most of the "dirtbag left" such as it is. a little too edgelordy for me

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    If I was like 180 pounds less I think riding a horse would be an experience to try

Just get more horse.

dptju5mhc0kh.jpeg
    fivi2fcc6dy0.jpeg
    a6427wm50l6h.jpeg

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Yeah I need to be near an animal that can just obliterate me

Just totally turn my bones into powder

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I made a funny post but I don’t wanna embarrass anyone, so this is a different post now.

Hope you’re all well!

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    When I was a kid a horse chomped me real good on the thumb and I've kind of been not a fan ever since.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Similar but it was a kick just under the kneecap and it swelled up so much I had to cut my pants off.

To be completely fair, it wasn't aiming to kick me, it was aiming at the horse I was riding. But OTOH, the horse I was riding wasn't doing anything but standing there.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    A Møøse once bit my sister...

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    My paternal grandpa kept his cattle on a fenced-in section of cultivated winter wheat and we rounded them up for branding three or four times a year using four-wheelers and a squeeze chute. Manageable, technological, relatively low-stress.

My maternal grandpa kept his cattle on about ten square miles of creek-watered prairie and we rounded them up for branding once a year on horseback and flanked them individually in the corral. Terrifying, rustic, three ten-year-olds tackling a 600-pound yearling after a mounted fifteen-year-old roped its hind leg. Your job was to keep the front leg pinioned in a modified wrestling hold while hoping your cousin didn't lose his Scorpion Deathlock on the hind leg, which would result in you getting kicked permanently stupid. Meanwhile, your dad and uncles were branding, castrating, and vaccinating the beast. And then you had to get up and away without getting kicked permanently stupid.

So let me be perfectly clear when I say that riding a horse was not my favorite part of the operation. Horrible old asshole would try to scrape me off every chance she got, and would buck and threaten to roll if she thought none of the grownups were watching. Horses were a mistake, I bet even Genghis Khan wished he had a Honda Fit instead.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Horses are terrifying, deadly nightmare creatures that I have ridden a few times so as to appreciate the raw power they control.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    There are a bunch of horsies around here and I don't like them because they are all so negative and always shoot down suggestions without even hearing them out.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    There are a bunch of horsies around here and I don't like them because they are all so negative and always shoot down suggestions without even hearing them out.

I know, right? What a bunch of

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    We had horses when I was growing up. Thankfully they were well-tempered. Did get trampled lightly by a friend's horse when my saddle flipped underneath, but that horse was also well-tempered and did a good job of avoiding stepping on me. I mostly got knees and tumbled a bit, no real harm.

They were cheeky, though. You had to keep an eye out for low branches because they would take every opportunity to swipe you off against those or against convenient tree trunks. And one day I got home from school to find the horse just... standing next to the paddock, outside the fence, munching on the clover patch that was there. She'd jumped the fence and decided about twenty feet of freedom was good enough.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Tynnan wrote: »
    We had horses when I was growing up. Thankfully they were well-tempered. Did get trampled lightly by a friend's horse when my saddle flipped underneath, but that horse was also well-tempered and did a good job of avoiding stepping on me. I mostly got knees and tumbled a bit, no real harm.

They were cheeky, though. You had to keep an eye out for low branches because they would take every opportunity to swipe you off against those or against convenient tree trunks. And one day I got home from school to find the horse just... standing next to the paddock, outside the fence, munching on the clover patch that was there. She'd jumped the fence and decided about twenty feet of freedom was good enough.

It's to let you know that she could if she wanted, and you better keep treating her right.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Okay, so, look

I had a great time in London and I will express this in further detail in a longer post on the way home probably; it was an incredible city to tour and we saw some truly stunning stuff and it really was a dream come true and everything; I feel like we saw as much as we could, even with one further afternoon coming up before we go where we can last chance see some things. I feel like I saw a ton and if I never went back I'd be satisfied, you know?

One fucking night out in Dublin at two mediocre pubs and I am like

LET'S FUCKING GO PARTY CITY holy SHIT I want to be here FOREVER

We hung out in two bars and chatted with English and Irishmen and it was an excellent party even if I had to hear about the time my dad went AWOL in the Navy with four girls again as he found a new audience for his stories

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Yeah, Dublin is awesome. :D

• Options
    As expected. :D

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Yea.

Yeaaaaa...Dublin do be like that.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    London is fine. Dublin is great.

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Onto the boat tomorrow with an NC to Bermuda leave window of Monday or Tuesday depending on forecasts solidifying.

Then a week to Bermuda, two weeks in Bermuda, and then two weeks to Azores.

I think I have everything taken care of at home and work - but at this point, fuck it. What are they going to do? Call me?
    Though my CEO did ask that very thing.

"You working while in Bermuda?"

Uhhh...sort of? If you call, sure, a little. I guess. Depends on the Goslings intake, really.

• Options
    I had a 12 hour layover in Dublin on my way home from Barcelona and the cabbie that took me to the hotel alone convinced me I should've just spent the week in Dublin instead.