As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]worms for children (not intestinal)

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    He’s real good

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I wish there was a real place like Cincinnati

I heard Texas is kind of like it.
    They even have Cincinnati's original specialty, Chili.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Also I feel like a tech trying to go against a doctor/nurse order based on how they feel is really not a normal thing they should be doing like ever.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Also I feel like a tech trying to go against a doctor/nurse order based on how they feel is really not a normal thing they should be doing like ever.

We're gonna hook Dan up to three machines, that means he'll get done 3x as fast

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    One machine for each kidney

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Basically it had to do with when my heparin gets cut off (blood generally needs heparin in the machine to keep from clotting. If you don't or can't use heparin it's down to very frequent saline flushes which is a giant pain)

My blood has historically been pretty clot-happy and I get a lot of heparin

Standard is to stop giving it an hour before the end of treatment. I used to get it cut off at 30 minutes.

But then at the end my access didn't want to stop bleeding so I'd be sitting there holding my arm for half an hour and that's no fun for anybody.

So we decided to back it off to 90 minutes.

But some of the tubing on the machine sometimes forms clots and the kid is concerned that I'm getting less than ideal cleaning at the end of treatment because of it.

Which he's not exactly wrong about but to my mind it's much less of a concern than if we went back to my blood just not clotting at all.

Edit: it's not so much the number of machines that would limit how well treatment goes, but the volume cleaned and how well it gets cleaned. If I had 3 dialyzers (artifical kidneys, basically, single-use) going at once my blood would -sparkle-

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I would just keep trying to talk to it

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Man I keep looking at this trip to Namibia

it looks fuckin' awesome

It's priced accordingly

ugghhhhh indecision

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    We can finally stick her in that jar.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i read the whole thread about the bad thing
    no, not that thread, the SE++ one, i'm slightly less dumb now

why do i do the things i do to myself

• Options
    Winky wrote: »

I won’t need to try 😎😎😎

• Options
    I know I make a lot of outlandish claims, but I want to set the record straight: everything I post is 100% true.

• Options
    When I was in the theater I saw a trailer for a new Jurassic Something movie

I spent most of the time trying to figure out where it was set because the landscape made me think Montana or Wyoming but there's also some rainforest that made me think Olympic Peninsula

But anyway the point is they didn't even say the name of the movie at the end of the trailer it was just the music cue and the skeleton

How am I supposed to know the name of the movie I'm not actually gonna watch when it hits the screen

• Options
    This 40k XCOM game looks neat but there is alot of UI its very cumbersome to look at.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    This 40k XCOM game looks neat but there is alot of UI its very cumbersome to look at.

That the Daemonhunter one?

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options

Yeah

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I’d love them to do one for the Inquisition along the lines of Dark Heresy or somewhat

Call it Interrogator or something

Havelock2.0 on
  • Options

Yeah

Yeah I hovered over the buy button but I had the same reaction

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Inquisition means “surpriiiiise!” In Spanish

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I’d love them to do one for the Inquisition along the lines of Dark Heresy or somewhat

Call it Interrogator or something

Mass Effect style conversation wheels

Heresy!
    Heresy.
    Heresy..?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Mediocore is my band’s primary genre

• Options
    Sometimes I worry I might have an inferiority complex

• Options
    I actually invented everything

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    vbcg9fomqvue.jpeg

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    279628174_5247581168626653_6709409048147168243_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-6&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=3a1K7_0sYkYAX8aoHSy&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT_8TBO83vKK2kdeMtfE6Y8LUTZ6cp28VRRuvBLXaQAboQ&oe=62790FB2

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Satan put decapitated pedestrations under cars to trick us into believing in wheels

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    Satan put decapitated pedestrations under cars to trick us into believing in wheels

* This is what atheists actually believe.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Man charged with wife's murder wins primary election, will be on November ballot

🇺🇸🦅🇺🇸🦅🇺🇸🦅

• Options
    Not even the most 'murica thing I've seen tonight

That dishonor goes to this fuckstick:
    A Georgia man was charged with second-degree murder after leaving his 8-month-old daughter in a car on an 86-degree day while going into a local police station to ask for his guns back, according to reports.

He walked into a police station with an open warrant and so the cops were like ok, free arrest. And apparently during this time he neglected to mention there was an infant outside in the car.

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Not even the most 'murica thing I've seen tonight

That dishonor goes to this fuckstick:
    A Georgia man was charged with second-degree murder after leaving his 8-month-old daughter in a car on an 86-degree day while going into a local police station to ask for his guns back, according to reports.

He walked into a police station with an open warrant and so the cops were like ok, free arrest. And apparently during this time he neglected to mention there was an infant outside in the car.

i left out the part where he murdered his wife because they had a fight about his affair just after she'd finished her last round of chemo

what a country

• Options
    I forget who was looking at a SFF PC maybe @japan

now I know this is like $$$$Texas but Falcon is some of the best of the best and they just brought back their SFF design

https://www.falcon-nw.com/desktops/tiki

• Options
    i don't really get the appeal of small form factor PCs

they're still going to be taking up considerable room on a desk, might as well go the whole hog unless you've got an apartment that looks like an apple store

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    There is a single slice of cheese in the work fridge

qqn3wxi4s7ar.jpg

It doesn't have anybody's name on it, which means that it will be cleared out today unless the owner eats it

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Tav wrote: »

they're still going to be taking up considerable room on a desk, might as well go the whole hog unless you've got an apartment that looks like an apple store

yeah, same thing

like I don't see how a somewhat smaller box makes a meaningful difference

it's still taking roughly this kind of space on the desk

for a laptop or a tablet, inches matter because you're carrying it in a case.

But on a desk, though. I can't imagine the tradeoff being worth it - it's still taking a space about yea big, but it's also, I dunno, probably comes within a hair of overheating if you look at it funny, or whatever else tradeoff they have

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I want mine off the desk, but I need to find something that'll keep it 4-5 inches off the floor first for dust reasons.

• Options

Not all computer use is at a desk though

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

Not all computer use is at a desk though

where, aside from a desk, can you use that thing

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.