Options

[V Rising] Version 1.0 is now live on Steam and PS5!

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Quite happy how you can design your dark domains
    ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

Gotta unlock more cosmetic stuff but those dlc gargoyles are some of my favs

• Options
    Sorry to double post, but just had a neat drop today.

Spoilered for those still wanting to figure things out for themselves
    One of the Undead Commanders dropped an Orb labeled "The General's Soul Reaper" and could instantly be used. Crafted for some expensive mats but it's a cut above Merciless Iron Scythe which I didn't have unlocked yet. Wish it looked like the scythe they use but maybe in a future update.

Big picture in spoiler

Some other pictures

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Who's using my name? Harrumph! :lol:

I really should get this game someday...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Those castle pictures are so awesome, Karoz. I just started laying down a new foundation for my castle farther up north. I'll probably spend the next evening or two moving everything.

But I'm really starting to enjoy the build system here. It was a weird mindshift from the usual survival crafting, as instead of doing really complex and intricate exteriors, with spartan interiors, this game is all about building a fabulous castle interior. And there's so many things then did well with it that it makes building and decorating easy and fun.

Also, I was in the iron mine, and saw Mr. You-Know-Who again and decided to take a swing at beating him up after running away last time. I got that now, too.

I see you're also a connoisseur of strange mushrooms, too.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Those castle pictures are so awesome, Karoz. I just started laying down a new foundation for my castle farther up north. I'll probably spend the next evening or two moving everything.

But I'm really starting to enjoy the build system here. It was a weird mindshift from the usual survival crafting, as instead of doing really complex and intricate exteriors, with spartan interiors, this game is all about building a fabulous castle interior. And there's so many things then did well with it that it makes building and decorating easy and fun.

Also, I was in the iron mine, and saw Mr. You-Know-Who again and decided to take a swing at beating him up after running away last time. I got that now, too.

I see you're also a connoisseur of strange mushrooms, too.

The fanciest one belongs to @Malakaius I just provided DLC cosmetics to add to it. Mine is still pretty spartan with fancy throne, carpets and gargoyles.

But yes, making your castle the fanciest is a big priority.

Edit: Also your northern base is just east of mine! Where I was gonna put my garden! Heh no worries, I should have seen how far I could spread out and think I can get my hidey hole to work.
    Also me checking in on your place

Karoz on
  • Options
    Ah! I looked at the spots north of that clearing. Did not check that hill to the west (where I assume you are)?

All I did was plop some stuff down in 10 minutes to get a feel for the space. While I've been working, I've been thinking that I might relocate up to the bluff north of there to build a little more exciting castle with some dimensions.

Where I am now is that orange star. Where I'm thinking of moving is the blue star. Since you're hankering for a prime garden spot, that helps with my decision.

ufa0bt5tm86z.png

• Options
    edited June 2022
    I may move directly west again, not exactly sure.

I only have 3 but there is awkwardness transporting Servant coffins and can't just rebuild and resummon them.

Have to investigate how easy it is to move/recruit new interns.

Edit: Charmed enemies can kinda keep up with a horse, but however they cannot be teleported. Hmmm....

Karoz on
  • Options
    Yeah. I noticed that you can just gallop full speed, and they'll eventually catch up with you. I haven't lost one yet.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I'll probably just keep my current location. Charming late game enemies and bringing them back is kind of a hassle, but I can just TP basically wherever I wanna go anyway.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Updated throne room pics for @ironzerg

Survival games I almost always just make a 2x2 supply depot so I can just go explore but here I want to be the fanciest vamp, like no vamp ever was.

Karoz on
  • Options
    That is indeed impressive.

• Options
    Getting towards end game, kinda slowing down, satisfied with my little domain...find a place for a big sprawling domain.

Oh.

Oh no.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Getting towards end game, kinda slowing down, satisfied with my little domain...find a place for a big sprawling domain.

Oh.

Oh no.

That's hardly a cause for worry.

Default game rules let you put down more than one base and I'm sure there are decorations you didn't use in the last one . . .

As for my own game, I ended up restarting as the default rules felt woefully unfitting for silver tier gear. The durability loss was ridiculous with a silver sword I crafted losing about a quarter of its durability after only 2 nights or so. Enemy population in Silverlight is dense and the narrow paths don't give much room to sneak by things. Fighting 10 high level enemies at once was not uncommon. The repair costs for the gear are also prohibitively high given how much more complicated the ingredients are to get. I've read accounts of players on pvp servers avoiding pvp as much as possible later on due to all this. When I restarted, I cut durability loss down to 1/10. I've since learned how to edit a private server's settings after it's been created but I like the new game's base location better for long term use and want to see if I can smooth out progressing knowing what I do now. I will try to increase how many bases I can have though as I've used my second base slot to work on an outpost for shelter when clearing locations on the other side of the woods and want more of those. Base limits make sense for multiplayer but I'm hoping that a true solo mode will dispense with those. Being able to set up places to wait out the sun instead of always needing to return to base should make things flow better and later having cages to temporarily store charmed humans so I can feed and refill their health will hopefully cut down on the many times I've lost a 90-100% blood strength person to random bandit and militia patrols.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options

Oh.

Oh no.

That's hardly a cause for worry.

Default game rules let you put down more than one base and I'm sure there are decorations you didn't use in the last one . . .

As for my own game, I ended up restarting as the default rules felt woefully unfitting for silver tier gear. The durability loss was ridiculous with a silver sword I crafted losing about a quarter of its durability after only 2 nights or so. Enemy population in Silverlight is dense and the narrow paths don't give much room to sneak by things. Fighting 10 high level enemies at once was not uncommon. The repair costs for the gear are also prohibitively high given how much more complicated the ingredients are to get. I've read accounts of players on pvp servers avoiding pvp as much as possible later on due to all this. When I restarted, I cut durability loss down to 1/10. I've since learned how to edit a private server's settings after it's been created but I like the new game's base location better for long term use and want to see if I can smooth out progressing knowing what I do now. I will try to increase how many bases I can have though as I've used my second base slot to work on an outpost for shelter when clearing locations on the other side of the woods and want more of those. Base limits make sense for multiplayer but I'm hoping that a true solo mode will dispense with those. Being able to set up places to wait out the sun instead of always needing to return to base should make things flow better and later having cages to temporarily store charmed humans so I can feed and refill their health will hopefully cut down on the many times I've lost a 90-100% blood strength person to random bandit and militia patrols.

Oh it's not really an issue and you can actually have two sets of servants out hunting even the same areas from each base so there is incentives to be sure. I just thought I was kinda of nearing the end, given played about 95 hours with 3+ different playthroughs so definitely getting my money's worth (splurged on both dlcs as well) but thought I was getting towards the end of castle building.

Now I have a hamlet nestled in the Cursed Woods with a tier 4 heart letting me add on a proper palace, garden, and extra entry way decorations.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    It was extremely satisfying to dominate one of those obnoxious bell ringers and haul him back to my castle to use as an 84% Worker blood donor earlier tonight.

Steel Angel on
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    It was extremely disappointing to reload my game and discover my imprisoned bell ringer has disappeared from his cage with the rats I fed him still gone.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Gentle vamps, I present to you:

The one fish, to rule them all--
    That is till I throw it in the devourer for parts

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Gentle vamps, I present to you:
    The one fish, to rule them all--
    4tyap593iuep.png

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I mean, it was a most elusive fish.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    I think I'm ready to put the game down for a bit after 81.7 hours logged according to Steam. It's great fun but there are some definite issues popping up in the end game levels and the lackluster solo mode that's really just hosting a LAN game.

Balance is off in a number of areas. I've mentioned it before, but the transition from iron to silver tier is rough. Even unlocking that tier is rough because getting the merciless iron/cotton gear to make fighting the militia dude easier is subject to RNG with no boss that reliably drops those recipe books as with the copper/leather tier. I spent multiple in-game days/real life hours ransacking villages for Scrolls, deliberately avoiding as much fighting as possible because it wasn't as useful as just looting peasant houses to enable better armor/weapons/jewelry.

After that, getting that next tier of gear is weird. The game's boss progression seems to suggest that your next step would be to hit the spider boss to unlock making Ghost Yarn but that requires making your way past a lot of 63-64 mobs when you're at or below 60 and then going through some massively unbalanced spider enemies. The tiny spiderlings spawned en masse do more damage per hit than full sized spiders and are a big reason why the spider boss is way harder than her level suggests. With potions, she still has killed me multiple times at a gear score of just over 70. Instead, it makes more sense to rummage for Ghost Yarn in one of the cursed village areas over the course of a few days to make your armor which isn't as dynamic an experience.

The potions were going to be a major issue though as the ferocity and enchanter brews are huge things for bosses but both require fish bones and those aren't readily available to solo players. Fishing often doesn't actually give you fish and instead tosses ingots, glass, or other items your way. There are resource gathering trips you can order minions on but because the timer on those is based on server time and not real time they will not finish any time soon if you shut the game down if not playing on a hosted server (I also think the fire resistance brew is way too important to be locked into the scroll tier of recipes instead of the paper tier like all the other canteen brewed potions. It's instead the only canteen potion unlocked alongside glass bottle potions).

And there's the previously mentioned durability/repair cost issues for silver tier equipment. Stuff just takes a huge beating fighting enemies at that level even if you don't die.

At this point, I think it's time to put playing solo down until balance gets addressed or at least until they put in an actual solo mode so servants can be useful. If it's properly supported by the devs, I foresee this game becoming like Terraria as a game I keep coming back to with updates have have logged about 300 hours in over the years.

Steel Angel on

Steam Profile
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    It may just be bias confirmation, but I kinda felt that same way at level 30, trying to break into the iron tier. This was solvable with "skill" (something I am lacking) but it seems like the balance is aimed more at the "you will play this game exclusively and obsessively" crowd. Which is fine and good! It's just not me.

26904.png
  • Options
    Stupid wrote: »
    It may just be bias confirmation, but I kinda felt that same way at level 30, trying to break into the iron tier. This was solvable with "skill" (something I am lacking) but it seems like the balance is aimed more at the "you will play this game exclusively and obsessively" crowd. Which is fine and good! It's just not me.

My first go at it, I definitely had issues with the iron tier. Second go, I had at least 4 levels on the bandit guy and smashed through him pretty easily. Since the bandit armorer dude, firestarter guy, and necromancer south of the bandit fort always drop recipes for merciless leather armor, merciless copper weapons, and crude gem tier jewelry respectively, fully gearing up in the zone can be done over a few in-game nights and gives a good level advantage over the toughest fights in the zone. It made it much easier to survive in Dunley and farming iron was mostly a matter of avoiding Miss "The Light has chosen me!" in the mines (or luring her to kill the undead commander and nicking the unique iron reaper recipe). I still died once trying to kill Beatrice because I tunnel visioned on her and rando mooks were very liberal with arson, but it was a smooth area transition otherwise.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Man the progression really slows down around gear score 60, huh? I ventured into the cursed woods which was significantly scarier than Dunley Fields, managed to haul some loot back, took out the spider queen and after a quick jaunt to some villages for a couple bottles of fish oil, I had enough material to upgrade my armor to the Dawnthorn set. Oil seems like it's going to be a bottleneck resource, at least for a while.

• Options
    m!ttens wrote: »
    Man the progression really slows down around gear score 60, huh? I ventured into the cursed woods which was significantly scarier than Dunley Fields, managed to haul some loot back, took out the spider queen and after a quick jaunt to some villages for a couple bottles of fish oil, I had enough material to upgrade my armor to the Dawnthorn set. Oil seems like it's going to be a bottleneck resource, at least for a while.

It can be. My second solo run I ended up with plenty due to ransacking the two villages in Dunley for Scrolls so many times. Fish Oil is a super common drop in both those areas and that's a huge boost since fishing itself isn't reliable for fish.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Servants seem to be a must in later stages of the game in order to avoid burnout for solo players, problem is that timer doesn't run while your game is offline and so doesn't work. Servants bring in TONS of resources at a 23hour mission but naturally you need to gear them up to succeed so that's a lot of resources too. Shortening the timer would just make the game laughable as you'd be swimming in resources but until they find a way to make it work for solo players I don't know what else to do there.

Boring resource bottleneck talk
    Main resource bottlenecks at end game for me: fish oil, scales, and scourgestones/bone dust

I just need too much pristine leather for my fish oil stocks to keep up. Farming the Dunley villages or Brighthaven dock produce a reasonable amount, but again not enough to keep up with demand, which is thankfully for weapons and armor which is more for gearing up new servants as they come.

Scales you can get a good amount from the swamp and I'm not far away being in the cursed forest already but you burn through it surprisingly quick. Again this is just for gearing up servants and once I get a high level hunter going I shouldn't have an issue any more but I'll be surprised how fast you can burn through 1k scales.

The real bottlneck is scourgestones. They're used in way too many things (dark silver, cosmetic furniture, jewelry+upgrades) and drop far too infrequently from the one semi-reliable place (Church of the Damned) to stay anywhere near demand. Bones with their rate of 100 -> 1 grave dust, 3 grave dust (3,000 bones!) + glass + whetstone (thankfully easily obtained) -> 1 scourgestone definitely can't keep up either, assuming I don't run out of glass cause I'm not paying attention.

I've been able to keep a decent amount of silk (silk worm/highland lotus/cloth--though leather is kinda a bottleneck if cloth weren't so common) going, helped by having my base being next to the spider caves, but starting to run out there as well. Thankfully only needed for the Dawnthorn upgraded to Bloodmoon but if it were in more demand I'd be having problems. Ghost yarn I can mostly keep up with since I sent my nuns to raid the cotton farms now but at the cost of glass income atm.

Spectral essence (gem dust + ghost crystal/farming banshees) ended up not being so bad, but by short changing my gem stash by me devouring all my regular gems to make dust. Summoning banshees is slow and if you're undergeared you can actually have to face 3+ powerful foes for a little more spectral essence. Ghost crystal gets chewed up pretty fast in the grinder but there is no other use for it so I have a healthy stash now.

More pictures!

Karoz on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    How is this game from an early access standpoint? I see valhiem mentioned as a comp, which makes me nervous as it’s had a very long EA with what seems like quite a bit to go. Also as an ARPG, there is usually a major balance upgrade at some point.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    How is this game from an early access standpoint? I see valhiem mentioned as a comp, which makes me nervous as it’s had a very long EA with what seems like quite a bit to go. Also as an ARPG, there is usually a major balance upgrade at some point.

Valheim has been in EA for less than a year and a half. They probably haven't been releasing content at the clip people were hoping (it's a tiny team, or was at least) but that's certainly not "a very long EA" by any reasonable comparison.

Edit: To answer your question specifically, V Rising feels (to me) like a solid and surprisingly polished foundation that just needs some tuning and more content layered on top of it. As-is, it's probably 30-50 hours of content if you played through everything that's there.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    There's probably way more to it if it can maintain its pvp scene as different clans fight against each other but I'm betting on that ultimately fizzling out leaving more delicious pve and cosmetics for the rest of us in the long term.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    It is comparable to Valheim for two major reasons:

1) They both follow a progression path that is tied to killing bosses to advance your tech and building capabilities.
    2) They are both craft/build/survive games.

That's basically where the comparison stops. The building is different, the physics are different, the combat is different, there's a ton of differences. The boss progression is honestly the most important and only significant point of comparison. Your progress in the game is directly tied to killing bosses.

Yes, Valheim is in EA, but it's already a very fun game and you can easily get a couple hundred hours out of it. It's not like the game is lacking for content. There's plenty of content, with more to come. I believe their roadmap right now is basically adding two more biomes to the game: The mistlands and some sort of volcanic/fire area. But even without those biomes, Valheim is a very well made and fun game, and it is not even remotely lacking for content.

V Rising has some strong points: The combat is great, the bosses are genuinely a lot of fun and the difficulty and complexity of them scales nicely. The map is fun to explore. The day/night cycle is a fun and unique mechanic that fits nicely with the vampire theme. Building is simple because it's all on one plane, there's no elevation, but you can make some pretty sweet castles. Check out the screenshots in this thread that others have posted. There are some pain points, most of them having to do with solo play and the way the game simulates a server, which means when you stop playing solo, the server stops, which halts your progress. There's also some balance issues with parties vs solo play. It's not perfect but it has a good foundation and I'm sure they're getting a ton of good feedback for how to improve it. They hit 1.5million sales within like 2 weeks. So there's a lot of eyes on it. It's very solid and you can easily get 60 hours of gameplay (or more) right now.

• Options
    So, you know the militia bowmen that fire incendiary arrows that ignite the ground and then often kill themselves and their allies? I recommend not turning them into thralls and letting them freely patrol the grounds of your castle.

At least it doesn't cost much to revive defeated servants.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Trying to get the last 3 bosses down solo on Ironzerg's server. Waited for a blood moon, used buff pots, 100% brute blood and got the first of the three down to 1/3rd health or so.

Probably could have done it if I were safer but some of his moves come out so fast and do so much damage/stun that you have to be on point with your reflexes. Saving grace of solo is not as many adds are spawned and I could handle them way better than in the past but I'm starting to wonder if I can actually solo this guy. That or I need the ability cooldown necklace maybe? Might be I need to learn when to crossbow as well. Hard to say!

Anywho a couple more pictures

The Dunley Crew

Think this is my fav hairstyle

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Just had this gifted to me by a fantastic fellow forumer (thanks again @desc !).

On a work trip for the next few days so won't have much time at all to play it, but will check this thread out in the meantime. I played about 5 minutes of it the other night - just long enough to make a vampire lady hop out of a coffin and slice up a few skeletons. Felt quite fun to slash about and fire off a blood missile or whatever it was. Blood mechanic to heal (and presumably eventually do other neato vampire things) seems cool as well.

It looks like it's best played on a server with other folks? If that's the case, is it like ARK where stepping away for a week or two due to work etc. means losing a bunch of progress? If that's the case, is it better just to play on a personal server with all the resource settings cranked up?

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Just had this gifted to me by a fantastic fellow forumer (thanks again desc !).

On a work trip for the next few days so won't have much time at all to play it, but will check this thread out in the meantime. I played about 5 minutes of it the other night - just long enough to make a vampire lady hop out of a coffin and slice up a few skeletons. Felt quite fun to slash about and fire off a blood missile or whatever it was. Blood mechanic to heal (and presumably eventually do other neato vampire things) seems cool as well.

It looks like it's best played on a server with other folks? If that's the case, is it like ARK where stepping away for a week or two due to work etc. means losing a bunch of progress? If that's the case, is it better just to play on a personal server with all the resource settings cranked up?

@ironzerg 's server seems to have Castle Heart Decay turned off (it'll decay a lil bit, might need to repair stuff up) but I had my old base sitting bloodless for awhile and it never completely went away so it is possible to have it keep going while you're away. You really wouldn't lose that much progress unless you logged off outside your coffin and then it would only be any extra items you were carrying.

The server settings are also quite solo friendly.

Can also do solo but yeah some features like Servants don't transfer well until it can imitate real time passing.

• Options
    Just had this gifted to me by a fantastic fellow forumer (thanks again @desc !).

One of the advantages of playing on a server/disadvantages of a solo game is that the gathering missions you can send your progeny out on have timers based on server time, not real time elapsed and what passes for solo mode right now is just a LAN mode so everything pauses when you turn off the game. While any decay is halted, so are a lot of other things you want to progress. I stopped my solo games because I foresaw some important resources for potions becoming a bottleneck with the way the game works right now and not being able to order minions to gather them.

It's the main reason I ended up joining @ironzerg 's server even though I've only actually done things solo outside of occasionally bumping into someone marauding through the same village as I am. Stuff decaying isn't a concern as it doesn't take long to upgrade your castle to be able to stuff it with enough blood essence to have it chug along unattended for a week and a half.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    I've been working through things as a group. A couple of my guildmates knocked out all three bosses on Saturday night, and I'm hoping to take a swing at them this week.

And yes, we have the decay/blood use of the castle stuff turned down quite a bit so it's not a huge pain in your fangs to upkeep your stuff. I think we have about a dozen or so people regularly popping on the server. So please feel free to send me a PM if you'd like an invite.

Have these guys posted a roadmap for future content? I have 57 hours in game, almost exclusively on this server (and actually playing, not just AFKing), and I'm about to the end of the current stuff. I probably have a bit more fun to squeeze out of building and decorating a castle.

Granted, that's probably shortened a bit because of help from guildies who were a bit prolific at gathering resources, so your millage may vary. But that's honestly a lot of content with next to no bugs for a $20 EA title.

Anyway, we'll plan to keep the server running at least another month or two. If I do decide to put it on pause, I'll share the save file, as well as keep a copy so I can reboot the server back up in the event that people stop playing before the next major content drop.

• Options
    Beat the final 3 bosses with @Malakaius ! So bar lots o decorating I'm pretty much done with V Rising at around 125 hours--given that's like 4 different playthroughs I was doing and one is pure solo so if I can mod it substantily to imitate a server for servants I might do more there in the future.

Pictures of Mal's castle cause he's a lazy sod

Final one from my base to show the last Shard.

Seriously if you're on Ironzerg's server be sure to check it out in person some time.

• Options
    @Karoz Ironzerg is indeed impressed. Gwynn and I stopped by last week to get inspiration for our guild castle. I've been slowly building it out over the last few days...I'll have to post pictures, too.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Patch notes
    Patch 0.5.42050
    The following improvements will be added to V Rising with this patch

A new update will be patched in today between 10:00 and 11:00 CEST (08:00 to 09:00 UTC).

If you experience any bugs or issues after this patch, please report them HERE and include the patch number on the title. Example: (Patch 0.5.42050) My Game crashes after the new patch

The following improvements will be added to V Rising with this patch:

NEW FEATURES

Players can now dismantle floors and borders that are next to walls/pillars without having to dismantle any wall/pillar first, as long as this does not leave any wall/pillar without a floor connection (#305517).
    Localization has been added for Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, and Turkish.
    The localization for Portuguese - Brazil, French, German, Simplified Chinese, and Spanish has been updated to be more accurate and up to date.

BUG FIXES

Fixed a bug where it was possible to jump over walls in certain cases.
    Fixed a crash that could occur when voice muting players.
    Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause players to not be able to connect to servers (related to #304262, but not expected to solve all reported cases).
    Improved error handling and error feedback when the server saves the game world (related to #304262 and #304381 but is not expected to solve all reported cases).
    Added more validation and safety checks to catch more types of rare errors while saving.
    If the server fails to save, all active players on the server now get a chat notification containing basic information about the type of error that was encountered.
    The server no longer uses the Windows temp folder while saving the world. It instead saves the temporary files to a neighboring folder to the target save path.
    Fixed an issue where some font characters were displayed with the wrong font in Hungarian and French (among other languages).
    Fixed an issue where territory and buildings had a chance of not getting destroyed with their castle if they were constructed at a large enough distance from the Castle Heart (#306085, #305657).
    Fixed an issue where the screen could slowly turn dark (#304465, #304266).
    Fixed a crash that some players experienced when launching the game due to a video player crash. If you are experiencing a launch crash before the cinematic plays, you can turn videos off by entering -noVideo as a launch option to the game (related to #304250 but not expected to solve all reported cases).

Balance Changes

General
    Vermin Salve is no longer interrupted by damage during the cast time (will still break during the buff duration if the player takes damage).

Scholar Blood
    Spell Power bonus reduced to 10-20% from 12-25%.
    Free Cast chance reduced to 15% from 20%.

Mounted Combat
    Melee damage done when mounted is reduced by 30%.

Blood

Veil of Blood
    Healing increased to 6% from 5%.

Unholy

Corpse Explosion
    Damage increased to 140% from 125%.
    Fading snare duration increased to 1.5s from 1s.
    Cooldown reduced to 10 seconds from 12 seconds.

Unstable Mosquito
    Damage increased to 70% from 60%.

Veil of Bones
    Initial projectile damage increased to 75% from 25%.
    Max bounces reduced to 3 from 4.
    Each bounce now reduces the damage of the next bounce by 25%.

Illusion

Spectral Wolf
    Damage increased to 125% from 100%.
    Cooldown increased to 8 seconds from 7 seconds.

Mirror Strike
    Cast time reduced to 0.7 seconds from 1 second.

Chaos

Chaos Barrier
    Projectile damage reduced to 50% from 70%.

Chaos Volley
    Projectile damage reduced to 110% from 125%.

Power Surge
    Shield absorb reduced to 120% from 150%.

Veil of Chaos
    Cooldown increased to 9 seconds from 8 seconds.
    Illusion area damage reduced to 40% from 50%.

Merciless Charge
    Cast time reduced to 0.7 seconds from 0.8 seconds.
    Fixed an issue where the player got locked in position for a short duration when the area effect triggered early during the dash.

Frost

Crystal Lance
    Projectile Damage increased to 190% from 150%.
    Cast time reduced to 1.2 seconds from 1.4 seconds.
    Cooldown reduced to 7 seconds from 8 seconds.
    Splinter damage reduced to 40% from 50%.

Ice Nova

Veil of Frost
    Nova of frost damage reduced to 30% from 50%.

Arctic Leap
    Fixed an issue where Arctic Leap could hit the same target twice.
    Damage reduced to 200% from 225%.

Weapons

Crossbow
    Crossbow bolts no longer deal less damage than a normal shot after using a Veil of Frost, Unholy, or Blood.

Spear
    A Thousand Spears
    Damage per hit reduced to 25% from 30% (200% total damage from 240%).

Harpoon
    Damage increased to 90% from 70%.

Axe
    X-Strike
    Incapacitate duration from intersecting hit reduced to 1 second from 2 seconds.
    Damage per axe hit reduced to 80% from 85%.

Mace
    Crushing Blow
    Damage increased to 150% from 110%.

Smack
    Cooldown reduced to 8 seconds from 9 seconds.

Sword
    Whirlwind
    Damage per hit reduced to 30% from 35% (150% total from 175%).

Shockwave
    Cast time increased to 0.7 seconds from 0.6 seconds.
    Damage per teleport strike reduced to 20% from 25% (60% total from 75%).

Slashers
    Elusive Strike
    Damage per hit increased to 70% from 60%.

Camouflage
    Incapacitate duration reduced to 2.5 seconds from 3 seconds.
    Players can now dismantle floors and borders that are next to walls/pillars without having to dismantle any wall/pillar first, as long as this does not leave any wall/pillar without a floor connection

Man that was annoying so nice change. And some of the weapon/spell changes would have been nice for the bosses xD

Blog Post interview with their Composer

I find the soundtrack wonderfully fitting. The gloom sets right in the Cursed Forest and is appropriate for all the areas IMO.

Karoz on
  • Options
    Patch notes
    Patch 0.5.42050
    The following improvements will be added to V Rising with this patch

A new update will be patched in today between 10:00 and 11:00 CEST (08:00 to 09:00 UTC).

If you experience any bugs or issues after this patch, please report them HERE and include the patch number on the title. Example: (Patch 0.5.42050) My Game crashes after the new patch

The following improvements will be added to V Rising with this patch:

NEW FEATURES

Players can now dismantle floors and borders that are next to walls/pillars without having to dismantle any wall/pillar first, as long as this does not leave any wall/pillar without a floor connection (#305517).
    Localization has been added for Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, and Turkish.
    The localization for Portuguese - Brazil, French, German, Simplified Chinese, and Spanish has been updated to be more accurate and up to date.

BUG FIXES

Fixed a bug where it was possible to jump over walls in certain cases.
    Fixed a crash that could occur when voice muting players.
    Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause players to not be able to connect to servers (related to #304262, but not expected to solve all reported cases).
    Improved error handling and error feedback when the server saves the game world (related to #304262 and #304381 but is not expected to solve all reported cases).
    Added more validation and safety checks to catch more types of rare errors while saving.
    If the server fails to save, all active players on the server now get a chat notification containing basic information about the type of error that was encountered.
    The server no longer uses the Windows temp folder while saving the world. It instead saves the temporary files to a neighboring folder to the target save path.
    Fixed an issue where some font characters were displayed with the wrong font in Hungarian and French (among other languages).
    Fixed an issue where territory and buildings had a chance of not getting destroyed with their castle if they were constructed at a large enough distance from the Castle Heart (#306085, #305657).
    Fixed an issue where the screen could slowly turn dark (#304465, #304266).
    Fixed a crash that some players experienced when launching the game due to a video player crash. If you are experiencing a launch crash before the cinematic plays, you can turn videos off by entering -noVideo as a launch option to the game (related to #304250 but not expected to solve all reported cases).

Balance Changes

General
    Vermin Salve is no longer interrupted by damage during the cast time (will still break during the buff duration if the player takes damage).

Scholar Blood
    Spell Power bonus reduced to 10-20% from 12-25%.
    Free Cast chance reduced to 15% from 20%.

Mounted Combat
    Melee damage done when mounted is reduced by 30%.

Blood

Veil of Blood
    Healing increased to 6% from 5%.

Unholy

Corpse Explosion
    Damage increased to 140% from 125%.
    Fading snare duration increased to 1.5s from 1s.

Unstable Mosquito
    Damage increased to 70% from 60%.

Veil of Bones
    Initial projectile damage increased to 75% from 25%.
    Max bounces reduced to 3 from 4.
    Each bounce now reduces the damage of the next bounce by 25%.

Illusion

Spectral Wolf
    Damage increased to 125% from 100%.

Mirror Strike
    Cast time reduced to 0.7 seconds from 1 second.

Chaos

Chaos Barrier
    Projectile damage reduced to 50% from 70%.

Chaos Volley
    Projectile damage reduced to 110% from 125%.

Power Surge
    Shield absorb reduced to 120% from 150%.

Veil of Chaos
    Cooldown increased to 9 seconds from 8 seconds.
    Illusion area damage reduced to 40% from 50%.

Merciless Charge
    Fixed an issue where the player got locked in position for a short duration when the area effect triggered early during the dash.

Frost

Crystal Lance
    Projectile Damage increased to 190% from 150%.
    Cast time reduced to 1.2 seconds from 1.4 seconds.
    Cooldown reduced to 7 seconds from 8 seconds.
    Splinter damage reduced to 40% from 50%.

Ice Nova

Veil of Frost
    Nova of frost damage reduced to 30% from 50%.

Arctic Leap
    Fixed an issue where Arctic Leap could hit the same target twice.
    Damage reduced to 200% from 225%.

Weapons

Crossbow
    Crossbow bolts no longer deal less damage than a normal shot after using a Veil of Frost, Unholy, or Blood.

Spear
    A Thousand Spears
    Damage per hit reduced to 25% from 30% (200% total damage from 240%).

Harpoon
    Damage increased to 90% from 70%.

Axe
    X-Strike
    Incapacitate duration from intersecting hit reduced to 1 second from 2 seconds.
    Damage per axe hit reduced to 80% from 85%.

Mace
    Crushing Blow
    Damage increased to 150% from 110%.

Smack
    Cooldown reduced to 8 seconds from 9 seconds.

Sword
    Whirlwind
    Damage per hit reduced to 30% from 35% (150% total from 175%).

Shockwave
    Cast time increased to 0.7 seconds from 0.6 seconds.
    Damage per teleport strike reduced to 20% from 25% (60% total from 75%).

Slashers
    Elusive Strike
    Damage per hit increased to 70% from 60%.

Camouflage
    Incapacitate duration reduced to 2.5 seconds from 3 seconds.
    Players can now dismantle floors and borders that are next to walls/pillars without having to dismantle any wall/pillar first, as long as this does not leave any wall/pillar without a floor connection

Man that was annoying so nice change. And some of the weapon/spell changes would have been nice for the bosses xD

Blog Post interview with their Composer

I find the soundtrack wonderfully fitting. The gloom sets right in the Cursed Forest and is appropriate for all the areas IMO.

The patch nerfs almost everything I used to defeat the three highest level bosses on Ironzerg's server last night: Swords, spears, Chaos Volley, Arctic Leap, and Scholar Blood.

Solarus especially was a brick wall until I swapped from 100% Rogue to 95% Scholar and suddenly the combo of how much stronger spells are than weapons in general, the life steal Scholar adds to spells, and the free casts and damage boost Scholar provides made him melt with me ending the fight almost at full health. There were other preparations that helped, such as using swarms of minions to farm Schematics to unlock all max level gear, and the AI for the behemoth bugging out after multiple attempts in a row letting me just kill him without resistance so I could get his soul shard for resistances against Solarus, but even all that was just unable to keep up with Solarus's damage output and the angel's output especially until swapping to Scholar. Well, I guess using Arctic Leap instead of Chaos Barrage helped too as the latter roots you for too long even if it's more damage though I don't know if the bug that let Arctic Leap hit twice at times came into play too.

A lot of the later bosses really don't feel doable solo without mostly leaning on spells instead of weapons and some only allowed certain weapons on top of that. Meanwhile, Scholar is the hardest to find a high quality, er, employee for due to how few mobs have it. I killed a lot of worshipping Villagers in the two towns in Dunley over the course of several nights to make a decent one spawn.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Guess i'm done with the game, because I get an authentication error every five minutes that kicks me back to the main menu.