As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Not Safe For [Job] thread

1979899100101103»

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I am very much alive and have found new things growing outside my office I could potentially eat. I think.

There's a great person on Instagram/FB/maybe the clock app called "the black forager". She might be able to help you with your questions!

Or @Xaquin maybe?

I used to get email notifications for these I swear!

sorry I missed it!

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    And don't go into work no matter how much they call.

pr1ukt1xs4i5.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Subordinate: they're painting the floor. Its darker now.

Me:you mean paving the lot?

S:Isnt that what I said?

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular

We used to joke that a slurry seal was basically just painting the road black.

As costs have skyrocketed while budgets have, uh, not, it's to the point where "but what if we just paint the road black" is still a joke, but only barely.

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular

The whole floor or just the walls?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    twin-peaks-its-happening-again.gif

• Options
    I knew it
    *tosses papers in the air*

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Reminder that this thread is over 100 pages and we have a new thread already: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/245646/jobs-workers-of-the-world-quiet-quit

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    the monster hunter thread in G&T is at 130+ pages right now

let your job thread florish

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Multithreading increases posting efficiency while maximizing synergy for lean, just-in-time dick joke delivery.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Gotta work two job threads just to make ends meet these days

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Reminder that this thread is over 100 pages and we have a new thread already: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/245646/jobs-workers-of-the-world-quiet-quit

yes, but some people seem to have decided this is how they're gonna stick it to the maaaaan

• Options
    Poach an egg in your ramen water while the noodles finish cooking

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

The whole floor or just the walls?

This is, without exaggeration, among the most difficult things I’ve ever had to explain to my partner when asked “what’re you laughing so hard at?”

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    They wax the floor at work but it's the backroom floor and I don't understand why?

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Poach an egg in your ramen water while the noodles finish cooking

like actual poach, or try to soft/hard boil one? I've never had much success doing either in tandem with the noodles

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

yes, but some people seem to have decided this is how they're gonna stick it to the maaaaan

Ah our dystopian future, where sticking it to the man means working two job threads during the same hours without letting anyone know about it.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    The secret is that I use the reactions from one of the job threads to pay people from low-reaction economies to create posts for me in the other thread. After the first three or four agrees it's pretty much pure profit until lock.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Gotta work two job threads just to make ends meet these days

They’re just trying to force us out with a new job thread that’ll do the same job for half the pay.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I successfully convinced my principal to give me a bunch of money for Warhammer stuff. Specifically the 40k and Sigmar starter sets so the kids have more models to paint and a big Army Paint paint set. My co-sponsor is going to check with her people on anything else we need.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    today I am doing my 12 part training on the new timekeeping and vacation approval system, 80% of which does not apply to my team.

this is so fun. I'm having so much fun.

This discussion has been closed.