As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Wizards of the Ghost

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited January 19 in Games and Technology
What makes a Guardian… a Guardian? We take our first breath with no memory of who we were before – yet we are inexorably drawn to the Light. We fight, we die… and we live again. We know that we were chosen for a reason by something greater than ourselves. For as deep and wide as humanity’s rivers have run, it has now been reduced to a precious few, needing something to believe in… and a place to call home. This is what we have been called to – the future that we fight for. The future we will protect.

Shaped by the fires of each new battle, we are forged and sharpened into what we must become for the fight ahead.

What we have built is only the beginning – a symbol of what we can achieve, of who we are and our great purpose here. But the day may come when we will be tested. When all we hold dear is threatened. And then, we will see what each of us is truly made of.

vb63c58xrd5a.png

Destiny 2: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It, No, Seriously, I Know It Looks like We’re Losing but Everything Is Under Control, We Promise is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and the second title in Bungie and Activision’s ten-year, zillion-dollar Destiny franchise. It’s MMO-like – think gear collection (and dress-up), skill trees and specs, party play, raiding, and PvP – with rock-solid gunplay and wondrous, gorgeous worlds to explore. Beyond all of that, it’s also home to the best damn community in gaming: Pax Arcadia, our systems-spanning network of clans.

A Little History: Our Story So Far
In Year One of Destiny, the Wise and Noble Guardians of PA traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Through our bravery and dedication, we defended The Tower from all who would see it leveled to the ground. Our legend reached the farthest battlefields of the Crucible. We earned the favor of the Queen and protected her Reef from enemies seeking to tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. We plumbed the depths of the Dark Below, face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

In Year Two, we braved the Dreadnaught, a terrifying frontier, and we beat back the Taken, a twisted menace. We competed against our fellow Guardians in brutal bloodsport, sharpening ourselves into efficient, highly coordinated soldiers of the Light. We returned to the Prison of Elders and tore through its denizens, leaving our mark on its every arena. We remained relentless, undeterred, in the face of overwhelming odds, and together we struck down Oryx, the Taken King. He refused to tolerate our insolence; we refused to tolerate his existence.

In Year Three, Fallen mutants, scavenging the tombs of the Golden Age, unleashed a plague of unimaginable corruption on our world. Grotesque new foes bore down upon the walls of the Last City, challenging us to adapt or perish. Lord Saladin called us to take up the mantle of the Iron Lords, and we obliged. We honored their legacy by rediscovering their history and celebrating a noble, long-buried tradition.

Now, as we enter a new era, our greatest-ever threat emerges from the Darkness to meet us: Dominus Ghaul, leader of the Cabal’s Red Legion. Ghaul believes that the Traveler erred in bestowing the Light upon us; as we begin our journey in Destiny 2, he and his forces will assail the Tower, corrupt the Traveler, and scatter us to the wilds, beyond the relative safety of our city’s walls. For the first time ever, we will enter a world without Light.

But we will enter it together, Guardians. And it will not be dark for long.

Cross-Play Comes to D2!
We finally have the ability to party up across platforms and team up for cross-play shenanigans. @Peen was kind enough to create a new Google Doc for sharing your deets and finding others with whom to party - so check it out, add your info, and find friends for Iron Banner or whatever you need. We're stronger together - and you don't have to go it alone!

szuuy5gycpri.png

Join the Clan!:
We have three separate clan pages on Bungie.net (complete with general chat wall and LFG channels!) for PlayStation, Xbox and PC Arcadians. To join up on your specific platform, please PM @GMaster7 (PS4), @ObiFett (Xbox) or @shryke (PC) and let us know your PSN/Xbox/Battle.net ID and your Bungie.net ID - and add yourself to the bottom of the Mega-Roster (linked below) for your platform of choice. Then, use the below links to send a join request to your platform's clan on Bungie.net. We're looking for players who will be active in-game and here in the thread, so general policy is to keep an eye on inactivity through this excellent tool developed by our very own @Muffinatron (Holy-Promethium) - and to make room for active players when possible. Because we're at war with Bungie's 100-person cap, membership is restricted to forumers.
Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster Spreadsheet
Pax Arcadia (PS4)
Pax Arcadia Prime (Xbox One)
Pax-Arcadia (PC)

We also have a Discord!

Other PA PS4 Clans
Pax Chardcadia (PS4 Overflow)
SE++ Clan

Find teammates with The100.io!
If you're looking for teammates for any activity in D1 or D2, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
Pax Arcadia - PS4 (Contact @Celian, @Marikir and/or @Dajoran)
Pax Arcadia - Xbox One (Contact @ObiFett, @awsimo and/or @dinoarus)
Pax Arcadia - PC (Contact @3clipse)

Useful Links and Utilities
We will use this space to compile links to miscellaneous sites and tools as we prepare for and dive into the launch of D2. Please feel free to PM or @ me in the thread at any time if you would like to contribute a useful resource or utility to the OP.
Destiny Item Manager: Move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory.
DestinyTracker: Track your stats, plus leaderboards, activity listings, and vendors.
Peen's Google Doc: Find PA friends across platforms and team up for activities.

t1rxw8goxoya.jpg

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
  • Options
    YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    Mmm new thread smell

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I was doing Blind Well and was wondering why Thorn kept reloading itself without me moving and it turns out… Seeking Wells totally works with Thorn orbs! Which is pretty cool.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    That is neat and I bet it works with Lumina orbs too, thanks for the tip!

• Options
  • Options
    They exaggerated a bit by saying no setup as you have to force an assist to happen which, while not the hardest thing to do can be tricky against better teams (in trials)

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I get that the two tap would be very good but they do a pretty poor job of getting leet clips to show it off there.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    To carry over from old thread and in response to that Osteo Crucible video, I never thought about using it in PvP and I certainly didn't think Overload Rounds had any effects in Crucible play. Going to try that out.

EDIT: Yeah, totally works. May be because it's Sunday, but surviving way more than normal in Trials.

Raynaga on
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Graviton Lance hasn't always been "basically a 2-round burst scout rifle", right? I distinctly recall back when I got it trying it out and being incredibly unimpressed, both with effectiveness as well as feel of it. I dug one out of collections last night to mess around with, and good lord it's nice now.

Edit: Like, I know they buffed primary exotics while I was gone, but I woulda sworn this was a normalish pulse before.

dporowski on
  • Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    Graviton Lance hasn't always been "basically a 2-round burst scout rifle", right? I distinctly recall back when I got it trying it out and being incredibly unimpressed, both with effectiveness as well as feel of it. I dug one out of collections last night to mess around with, and good lord it's nice now.

Edit: Like, I know they buffed primary exotics while I was gone, but I woulda sworn this was a normalish pulse before.

https://youtu.be/slmNwhGAyc8

• Options
    Well, I may have to spend more time with this thing. I was already thinking "... Boy I bet I could shit out a lot of Fusion Grenades with this + Nezarec's Sin...". Need some elemental well mods though. :|

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Graviton rules and has since they changed it to a two burst, it's just rarely the sexiest option, but if they just give it a slight rpm boost to make it better in PvP I'll main it again in a heartbeat.

• Options
    One thing I found out recently is how the stat split on armor rolls works: basically the rng is split in to two groups Mobility Resilience and Recovery, and Discipline Intellect and Strength.

So if you are a Warlock and you use kindle with a Spark of Recovery while wearing the ghost shell that grantees a high Resilience, it will suck all the points out of Mobility to do so, which is great because you don't need Mobility.

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    Graviton rules and has since they changed it to a two burst, it's just rarely the sexiest option, but if they just give it a slight rpm boost to make it better in PvP I'll main it again in a heartbeat.

They DID do that! I thought so! I would have sworn it was a 3 burst with the middle being the special, and it just... Blew. Always nice to know you're not bonkers. Just wish I could make it full auto.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    If I wasn't so enamored with Solar 3.0 and Incandescent, Graviton Lance probably would be my go-to. I loved that gun years ago, but there are plenty of other options that are also really good.

26904.png
  • Options
    My usual for "everything needs to die" is Osteo + Necrotic Grips, which is pretty darn effective (and build-agnostic), but having an add-killing pulse is also nice for when I need to deal with barriers.

• Options
    Trinity Ghoul is standing by for Arc 3.0 :tongue:

26904.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I wish Monte Carlo would get a catalyst.

Even if I feel like it really doesn't need it because it's incredible for its niche.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Stupid wrote: »
    Trinity Ghoul is standing by for Arc 3.0 :tongue:

Yeah, I think it's pretty good at that too. Got the catalyst the other night, and decided to take it out for a spin tonight to work on the kills, just play around with it, you know.

I did not expect 400 kills to go that quickly; 1k Cabal kills sure as fuck didn't. I am compelled to assume either I got bonus points for chain lightning kills, or else that little fucker kills things you don't even see.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    One thing I found out recently is how the stat split on armor rolls works: basically the rng is split in to two groups Mobility Resilience and Recovery, and Discipline Intellect and Strength.

So if you are a Warlock and you use kindle with a Spark of Recovery while wearing the ghost shell that grantees a high Resilience, it will suck all the points out of Mobility to do so, which is great because you don't need Mobility.

As good as this focusing is, do note that it basically can’t drop as anything different 2/20/12, so if you really need a 25-30 roll for a stat keep your eyes open for good random rolled armor still.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Sunglasses at night: only 1000 silver!*

*Sunglasses sold separately.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Yeah I’ve been trying the osteo in pvp and it actually reminds me of the needler from halo

Like you’ll end up trading a lot of you aren’t careful. You need to disengage after you “feel” you secured the kill or there’s a good chance you’ll die with them

But it’s a lot of fun even without the catalyst or worrying about it being a recovery counter

I just unlocked the catalyst now after a few nights of using it in crucible so curious if that’ll help. It’s already stable and had range for days

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    So I've been playing a lot with Collective Obligation, and I love it (even if folks say it is sub-par). It's basically become my minigame in 6v6 to get the perk active, and then somehow survive long enough to suppress supers with it. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's really satisfying. So I put together a simple montage of times where it came together, because I think it is hilarious and wonder if the people on the other side of it just have no idea what hit them.

https://youtu.be/BgO7duWTd-M

I still want them to make a Catalyst that makes activating it easier, but even without it, it's my new favorite primary exotic (Ruinous Effigy being the best exotic special)>

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Back when it first launched it was different. It got buffed in Warmind in Y1. It used to fire a 3-round burst with the final round doing the vast majority of the damage. Which for a pulse rifle is really bad. The explosion was also way crappier. I'm pretty sure it always felt more like a scout rifle though.

• Options
    YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    So I've been playing a lot with Collective Obligation, and I love it (even if folks say it is sub-par). It's basically become my minigame in 6v6 to get the perk active, and then somehow survive long enough to suppress supers with it. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's really satisfying. So I put together a simple montage of times where it came together, because I think it is hilarious and wonder if the people on the other side of it just have no idea what hit them.

https://youtu.be/BgO7duWTd-M

I still want them to make a Catalyst that makes activating it easier, but even without it, it's my new favorite primary exotic (Ruinous Effigy being the best exotic special)>

That bubble in the second clip after you suppressed the dawnblade was hilarious :smiley: nice work!

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular

<snip>

That reminds me of Zen Meteor, the sniper rifle from Destiny 1. It wasn't necessarily *good*, but I loved using it and playing the "get the perk to activate" minigame.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »

Back when it first launched it was different. It got buffed in Warmind in Y1. It used to fire a 3-round burst with the final round doing the vast majority of the damage. Which for a pulse rifle is really bad. The explosion was also way crappier. I'm pretty sure it always felt more like a scout rifle though.

Yep. That rings a bell; I bounced just before then, I want to say. Currently I'm digging it, though I want the catalyst to know for sure. Currently grinding out the Huckleberry which I have to say is no Osteo Striga, but HAHAHAHA MOAR DAKKA.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Huckleberry is about the only SMG I can tolerate using. Reload on kill is civilization.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Osteo just kills better I think; I can't speak for not-Warlock, but if you have Necrotic Grips it's just poison everywhere, plus a beefy dot/explosions if you can get regular precision hits on a boss. (And then you get mag overflows on poison kills.) That plus the tracking rounds is nice. Huckleberry is really good though, very pleasant to use on a horde; I just think less good on a major/boss.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Osteo just kills better I think; I can't speak for not-Warlock, but if you have Necrotic Grips it's just poison everywhere, plus a beefy dot/explosions if you can get regular precision hits on a boss. (And then you get mag overflows on poison kills.) That plus the tracking rounds is nice. Huckleberry is really good though, very pleasant to use on a horde; I just think less good on a major/boss.

I'm still in the processo of getting my groove back after basically quitting D2 for about 10 months, so I know jack and shit about the current meta and am just now getting prime and umbral engrams round 1530LL and unlocking all the Void and Solar 3.0 options on my lock and waiting for that sweet, sweet Arc 3.0 next season as I've got a catalyst loaded Trinity Ghoul and that god-rolled Crown of Tempests Xur was selling ready to go.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Yeah I quit for like... years. But they gave me a SMG that made poison explosions on kill/strings of precision hits, then someone told me about gloves that made your melee poison things and also made poison explosions spread poison and some wheels in my head ground for a bit then there was this "DING!"

Basically, if you shoot at a crowd, your magazine goes 27->15->92 while you hold down the trigger and the room turns into a gaseous puddle.

Edit: I'm pretty sure it's not "a meta". But it's bloody hilarious and effective.

dporowski on
  • Options
    Oh, hey! It looks like I might actually see my KDA creep back up to 0.8 next season!
    SBMM in Control
    At the start of Season 18, we are going to start turning match fairness back up in Control (and only Control) in the Crucible. We want to start slowly to limit the number of playlists we consider when tuning matchmaking with hundreds of thousands of people. We can do some testing, but nothing can fully simulate how the full population will be affected by these changes before we ship. We are going to be live-tuning the matchmaking parameters over the first few weeks until we land on something that provides a better balance between fairness, quality, and speed.

We will not be touching any other Crucible playlists during Season 18. Trials has no planned changes to its matchmaking, Elimination and Glory will still use the same SBMM they have been using, and everything else will still use the connection-based matchmaking they have been using for years. We are currently planning to make further adjustments in Season 19 (based around the goals listed above), but rest assured, any major changes will be communicated in either a TWAB or a blog post, as well as patch notes.

26904.png
  • Options
    Is there anything more embarrassing than losing a glory match when they had an early quitter?

Like the enemy wasn’t even that good! I won 90% of my 1v1s and even a few 2v1s!

Sniping is fun but it’s hard to stop bad teammates from being bad when doing it.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    We talked about it in discord last night but a quitter can help a team that's bleeding lives if the person who quits is the one losing them all. People see that they're down a man, get cocky and rush in, lose lives and then it's over lol

• Options
    Part of me wants to tank purposefully in like 20 glory matches to make the 4 in a row for guilding easier

I wish it was retroactive. Cause I have like multiple 6 streaks this season just not after unbroken

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Yeah it sucks that it wasn't retroactive (same thing with Valor resets), but strangely for me the Valor win streak was. But keep at it and RNG will bless you.

• Options
    Oope looks like folks accidentally bumped the old thread
    Been trying and failing in trials on this silly map, but I finally focused boots good enough to hit 3×100 for my pvp build:
    3y8w58a5aaiz.png

• Options
    Yeah I’m very all or nothing in this map. Either just getting early snipes and wrecking the lobby or doing nothing until I’m last guardian and get wrecked

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Me yesterday, playing Control: “is the opposing team ddosing the best players on our team so they can win? No, that’s crazy. This is just Control.”

Today:

https://youtu.be/6eD2Zqkpu20

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Best response to that I've heard was on Reddit:

"they finally buffed whisper"

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish