Options

Pathfinder 2E: "The Time of the O.R.C. has come."

18910111214»

• Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    saw on the reddit some speculation that might make sense
    apparently the only deity not mentioned is lamashtu, everyone's favorite monster mommy

the next book that's coming out is howl of the wild so lamashtu going away and not having dominion over beasts anymore might make sense in that respect, given that paizo will be introducing a lot of beastfolk as playable ancestries in that

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    asofyeun wrote: »
    apparently the only deity not mentioned is lamashtu, everyone's favorite monster mommy

the next book that's coming out is howl of the wild so lamashtu going away and not having dominion over beasts anymore might make sense in that respect, given that paizo will be introducing a lot of beastfolk as playable ancestries in that
    that would also make sense with them trying to make a lot of races like gnolls/goblins even that much less tethered to their evil past background given how tied they were to lamashtu.

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited April 11

Get the furries on-side? Always a sound business decision.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Well the announcement has been made. The god that is going to die is:
    Gorum

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Also playtest for two new classes coming at the end of the month.

• Options
    edited April 17
    A couple other things announced:
    >> Lore stuff, and adventure path Triumph of the Tusk about orcish deities

>> a new book, Lost Omens: Divine Mysteries
    more stuff about gods and lesser known ones and new ones, it'll contain new options for characters, too - Battle Harbinger sounds like a Cleric Warpriest fix that trades some spellcasting for better fighting capability, and a couple other archetypes like Rivethun Emissary (dunno, alternative divine power?), and Palatine Detective for your Investigator Inquisitor needs

>> 2 playtest classes at the end of the month, Commander and Guardian

edit: also the made a big deal with the fact that gorum's chest armor was broken and something came out, he was gregnant this whole time

asofyeun on
  • Options
    Oh fuck if the Commander is a 4e warlord I will just fucking keel over from sheer happiness.

Dare I dream?

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Giving a warlord class would be both awesome and completely in line with PF 2e having so much in common with D&D 4e...

• Options
    I'm pretty sure Commander is going to be Warlord But PF2e Version

I'm more interested in seeing what the guardian is - maybe it'll be like the 4E warden? In stream they said it was a heavy armor class, though, so maybe it's more along the lines of a martial champion, e. g. a more protective fighter (which would be in line with the Commander being a martial support character)

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited April 17
    I'm pretty sure Commander is going to be Warlord But PF2e Version

I'm more interested in seeing what the guardian is - maybe it'll be like the 4E warden? In stream they said it was a heavy armor class, though, so maybe it's more along the lines of a martial champion, e. g. a more protective fighter (which would be in line with the Commander being a martial support character)

A whole second tank! (third, if you count the fact that there's a couple kineticist elements that can actually tank)

And it only took, um, about 28 other classes!

(The absolute shambles state of Defenders in PF2 is a thing that has annoyed me for a while)

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    paizo also announced the new versatile heritage being released in Player Core 2 coming out in july: dragon-blooded

the dragons are horny for everyone again

• Options
    Makes sense given we already have dragon sorcerers clearly dragons are getting jiggy with people somewhere down the line.

• Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    Fighters can tank just fine. Champs are *better* but it ain't by much.

uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I think a lot of classes get the build options to make themselves a team defender, even if champion is the most heavily pushed that way

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    of the PF2e classes, i think monk and kineticist are the only ones with builds that approach the survivability of a shield-focused fighter or champion. the other 10/12 HP per level classes tend to be more like bruisers, or otherwise give up a bit too much for support capabilities (looking at you, outwit ranger)

also, only the fighter and champion get heavy armor proficiency at level 1 - all other classes must get either at least one (if not more) armor proficiency general feat, go with the sentinel archetype, or inventor can get heavy armor through a class feature

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    there are other ways of getting heavy armor levels of AC usually, are there not? like the defender-focused monk style includes an AC bonus on top of the basic monk AC features.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    not really

even explorer's clothing has a +5 cap on dexterity bonus despite being in the 'unarmored' proficiency, and you need that to get the +3 armor potency bonus (which is more than the maximum possible +7 you can get from dex at level 20)

only champion and monk get legendary AC defenses - monk is better non-shielded AC, i think, up until level 7 when champion gets expert armor proficiency

heavy armor is a +6 base AC proficiency without runes and monk can get at most +5 - mountain stance is +4 with no dex bonus, mountain stronghold gives a shield-like +2 circumstance bonus for an action and raises dex bonus cap to +1, while crane stance gives a +1 circumstance bonus to AC and allows full dex bonus but limited by your clothes

i'm unfamiliar with kineticist's AC capabilities, so i dunno if they can get up that high

of course monks can use shields themselves and anyone can grab the shield block feat for better survivability, though everyone has to pay an action penalty to raise the shield except for fighters with paragon's guard (level 12) and champions with shield paragon (level 20)

the absolute highest AC you can get would be a champion with a tower/fortress shield to use an action for the 'take cover' bonus and have +4 circumstance bonus to AC, and then add in a +1(2) status bonus to AC which can come from a variety of spells. from there it becomes a matter of reducing enemy chance to hit through disarm or other conditions like fear, enfeeble, clumsy, etc.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Are there any PF2E classes that use abilities that cost more actions each time you use them as some sort of exhaustion mechanic?

• Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    https://paizo.com/pathfinderplaytest

The commander and guardian play test dropped earlier today, can't say I'm that impressed by the guardian but the commander has some serious potential. It's definitely gonna be party dependant though, it's not gonna be lighting anybody up on its own.

• Options
    The Commander looks fucking sweet.

Also it lets you right the fuck into the Battle Medicine tree and swaps Wis for Int on Medicine checks if you take the Combat Medic lvl 1 feat.

I could not be more in love.

• Options
    The Battlecry Class playtest is out: https://paizo.com/pathfinderplaytest

some good stuff in there

guardian is a little weird

• Options
    Guardian looks like it could be used for some really fun maneuver builds. The "Larger than Life" feat that bump your effective size a step is fascinating.

• Options
    Thawmus wrote: »
    The Commander looks fucking sweet.

Also it lets you right the fuck into the Battle Medicine tree and swaps Wis for Int on Medicine checks if you take the Combat Medic lvl 1 feat.

I could not be more in love.

Commander looks a lot more up in the front tanky than I expected. All armor proficiency shield block at level 1. The abilities look really good too the tactics seem very fun and strong. The one ranged one where it is 2 actions everybody can stow their melee weapons, draw their range weapon for free, reload ranged weapon for free then use a reaction to immediately fire on a target and casters with a prepared cantrip can cantrip as a reaction. That is a hell of a oh crap flying thing suddenly appeared trump card.

• Options
    edited April 29
    I kind of want to see if I can build a commander based on Sir General Pentious from Hazbin Hotel.

General Adder Mission T'Khet ("Mission" is his middle name)

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Please tell me "T'Khet" means "the Black."

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    All according to T’khet.

Translators note: T’khet means plan.