As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oh you can't scare me I'm sticking to the [twitter] thread

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    Do we NEED a Twitter thread?
    Yes, because that's where I can talk about how all the shitposters who've been invited to bluesky are doing their best to get bluesky "tweets" to be commonly named "skeets"

(image version)
    ih0srey6ue04.png
    8xcqhc424iga.png
    yoqrsptgouua.png
    wl3n1gdjoa8t.png

sickos.jpg

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    while I appreciate any instance of wresting control away from a platform's corporate masters, I personally will never be able to enjoy the word "skeet". My college freshman roommate was a rich white kid who dressed in full ghetto-style complete with appropriated language (I've heard this type referred to as "n-word"-but-W-instead-of-Ns), and his favorite thing was to just spout "skeet skeet skeet!" constantly. I gathered it was from a rap song that was current at the time.

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    goddamn

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

Important thread about how to tell if a suit is bespoke, via dunking on a Republican

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Important thread about how to tell if a suit is bespoke, via dunking on a Republican

that's my preferred method of learning anything new

• Options
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Taken as a collective I think I've typed more responses into the box in the Twitter threads and then deleted them because I thought better of it than any other topic in my PA forum history, thank you all for helping me to experience this personal growth.

I’m opposite, I just mash “post comment” and don’t think about it in at all in this thread

Le chonk

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Taken as a collective I think I've typed more responses into the box in the Twitter threads and then deleted them because I thought better of it than any other topic in my PA forum history, thank you all for helping me to experience this personal growth.

I’m opposite, I just mash “post comment” and don’t think about it in at all in this thread

Le chonk

That's because you always have good takes.

• Options
    Wait do I need to do the crypto to be on bluesky

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Local elections in Australia usually feature a two to five bored retirees, one but never more than three younger people (one of which is always a Young Liberal straight out of a private school) three to four real ex-estate agents who “during my career have seen people suffer from poor local zoning and burdensome construction laws” and six to eight property developers who also feel the same way about them.

• Options
    That’s too many

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2023

The guy tried to play the "how dare you smear my tailor just because you don't like my politics" card, which prompted this incredible response

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited April 2023

(image version)
    85tsnz8ubomt.png

It is currently invite only, with users getting a limited number of invites

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    I was just asking about the language the CEO (?) used in her skeet about the community being able to determine the name of skeets

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

It is currently invite only, with users getting a limited number of invites

By God's will, we will defeat these STEM dogs

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    what if i am both of those circles

• Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    Do we NEED a Twitter thread?
    Yes, because that's where I can talk about how all the shitposters who've been invited to bluesky are doing their best to get bluesky "tweets" to be commonly named "skeets"

(image version)
    ih0srey6ue04.png
    8xcqhc424iga.png
    yoqrsptgouua.png
    wl3n1gdjoa8t.png

sickos.jpg

From that same thread, I found this very funny:

everyone is asking for more codes, i sadly ran out of them 2 days ago i wish i could give out more. i think the devs hate me, i gave a code to the very first user they had to manually banned and they all unfollowed me lol

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I put myself on the bluesky waitlist but am still waiting.

Mastodon seems weird, or difficult to use. I haven't used but they way people talk about it seems like too much work. Maybe it's just bad marketing.

So far bluesky seems like he low effort alternative to Twitter we've been waiting for.

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    https://youtu.be/GWSYFH5iTxQ

Lying down with my head
    on my heavy luggage here
    Take a deep breath...
    into the blue heaven

Even through I open my eyes wide or shut,
    the same fine scenery's passing just before me
    But I've got to watch it now, or will never know

I'll take you to the future
    where no sadness is ever making sense
    With only beam of delight once you gave me
    put in my precious pocket
    I will be... gone into the blue sky

Yesterday or tomorrow
    What would it matter at all?
    How about a whistle
    ...everything will be alright

Even though I try to run or walk again,
    eventually I'm reaching to the same destination
    But I've got to run for now, or will never change

where no more war is ever taking place
    With only memory of happy moments
    spent with you on my mind
    I will be...

where no sadness is ever making sense
    With only beam of delight once you gave me
    put in my precious pocket
    I will be, I will be... gone into the blue sky

where no more war is ever taking place
    With only memory of happy moments
    spent with you on my mind
    I will be, I will be... gone into the blue sky

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Jane Roberts, who is married to Chief Justice John Roberts, made $10.3 million in commissions from elite law firms, whistleblower documents show
    Two years after John Roberts' confirmation as the Supreme Court's chief justice in 2005, his wife, Jane Sullivan Roberts, made a pivot. After a long and distinguished career as a lawyer, she refashioned herself as a legal recruiter, a matchmaker who pairs job-hunting lawyers up with corporations and firms.

Roberts told a friend that the change was motivated by a desire to avoid the appearance of conflicts of interest, given that her husband was now the highest-ranking judge in the country.
    And life was indeed good for the Robertses, at least for the years 2007 to 2014. During that eight-year stretch, according to internal records from her employer, Jane Roberts generated a whopping $10.3 million in commissions, paid out by corporations and law firms for placing high-dollar lawyers with them.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

The guy tried to play the "how dare you smear my tailor just because you don't like my politics" card, which prompted this incredible response

There is a follow up to that, and it just amplified the beauty.

iqiu49yaiymc.png

• Options
    Oh yeah the dieworkwear guy, Guy

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular

The opening tweet of a thread involving a piece of Final Fantasy history I knew nothing about until now.

• Options

Republicans used a series of procedures to remove every bill from my committees, silencing my constituents beyond what they already voted to do.

My constituents elected me to speak on their behalf—in committee & on the floor—and stopping me from doing so is anti-democratic.

Just realized they're going for this weird workaround expulsion for her because if they actually just expel her (like Jones/Pearson in TN) it allows her district to reinstate her. Keep her in limbo and her voters are permanently disenfranchised.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Her constituents should have a little tea party considering the amount of taxation currently happening without representation. And by that I mean they should do a few million dollars worth of property damage, as is our tradition.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options

Mercedes-Benz electric vehicle owners in North America who want a little more power and speed can now buy 60 horsepower for just $60 a month or, on other models, 80 horsepower for $90 a month cnn.it/428irG6

what the microtransaction fuck

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    while I appreciate any instance of wresting control away from a platform's corporate masters, I personally will never be able to enjoy the word "skeet". My college freshman roommate was a rich white kid who dressed in full ghetto-style complete with appropriated language (I've heard this type referred to as "n-word"-but-W-instead-of-Ns), and his favorite thing was to just spout "skeet skeet skeet!" constantly. I gathered it was from a rap song that was current at the time.

Trigger warning, skeet:
    wbx4b8adbcty.jpg

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
  • Options
    Lanz wrote: »

Mercedes-Benz electric vehicle owners in North America who want a little more power and speed can now buy 60 horsepower for just $60 a month or, on other models, 80 horsepower for $90 a month cnn.it/428irG6

what the microtransaction fuck

God if only this would lead to ending car-oriented development

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Can't wait for manufacturers starting up subscription services to unlock better fuel efficency

• Options
    Like, it’s basically like renting a car- when you need the extra HP to tow or haul something

But it’s already in the car! You already paid for that power!

This seems so obviously stupid I am second-guessing myself about missing use cases

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    If the power is there why wouldn’t you just get a mechanic friend to flip it?

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    If the power is there why wouldn’t you just get a mechanic friend to flip it?

DRM

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    has anyone called it “shitter”?

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I'll bet some potty mouths have!

• Options
    crwth wrote: »
    has anyone called it “shitter”?

Which one, blueskeet or titter

• Options
This discussion has been closed.