Options

Let's talk about Webcomics

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited April 30
    Anyone who uses Ye Olde Style to look at the forums: Suriko updated it to fix the thicc image problem.

This seemed a relevant thread to avail of this.
    I was wondering why it was still busted for me, but apparently Ye Olde Style also got moved to a new hosting website at some point.

So if anyone else also has that problem, try reinstalling from https://userstyles.world/style/14763/penny-arcade-ye-olde-style

Neveron on
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

she’s socializing really well i think

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »

Steadman?

Oooh now this could be interesting.

https://youtu.be/hp1jtbLT0NE?si=PixEq1Xiv19ygKnI

Oof, that cartoon did not age well.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    a new chapter of Tiger, Tiger begins
    9c3ne4f4gyus.png

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    z1tzpglspdxz.png

Girl Genius has trouble brewing for multiple kings.

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

i like how that old man wilbur accidentally pushed out of the way of a car and saved his life was wise enough to not try to tell wilbur of the good deed, taking this stroke of fortune in stride and slinking away from wilbur, hoping to never be acknowledged again

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Mary Worth really gonna play it off as Wilbur saving the old man's life and not attempted murder when the car wouldn't have swerved onto the sidewalk if he hadn't pushed said old man in front of it.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Mary Worth really gonna play it off as Wilbur saving the old man's life and not attempted murder when the car wouldn't have swerved onto the sidewalk if he hadn't pushed said old man in front of it.

I feel the car dodged the old man because he was pushed into the street but it was redrawn with a rather wide sidewalk

• Options
    yaetwk4qyl8q.jpg
    Penny Arcade is filling my mind with questions I don't want to know the answers to.

• Options
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    If you're a Ye Olde Style user on desktop, there's a fix now for the image size issue.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/156057/unofficial-forum-stylesheet-ye-olde-style/p1

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I don't understand what's going on in K6BD at all.

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote:
    Cio is reincarnated, and wants to go redo things so things might end up better for her and Allison. It could be her willpower that enable her to become a New Thing, a demon different from the traditional hierarchy.

We are maybe a few comics away from either a fight, or some smooches.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 1
    Aistan wrote: »

Jester lady is stuck making the same mistakes over and over, but thinks she’s winning. She’s advertising this lifestyle as good.

Demon nerd wants a do over, because a horrific thing happened and she wishes she could return to the best time of her life; living with her girlfriend in a little house.

Badass idiot finally understands you just have to keep going, you can’t live in the past.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

Jester lady is stuck making the same mistakes over and over, but thinks she’s winning. She’s advertising this lifestyle as good.

Demon nerd wants a do over, because a horrific thing happened and she wishes she could return to the best time of her life; living with her girlfriend in a little house.

Badass idiot finally understands you just have to keep going, you can’t live in the past.

And meanwhile, a father daughter fishing trip

• Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    Jester lady is stuck making the same mistakes over and over, but thinks she’s winning

I'm feeling attacked right now

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Today's Mr lovenstein comic fucked me up pretty good

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    z1tzpglspdxz.png

Girl Genius has trouble brewing for multiple kings.

Good lord that cat is half giraffe.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »

Aww, Maldoror's protecting the precious little bean :blush:

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    oh, to nap in the palm of a giant monster

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote:
    Cio is reincarnated, and wants to go redo things so things might end up better for her and Allison. It could be her willpower that enable her to become a New Thing, a demon different from the traditional hierarchy.

We are maybe a few comics away from either a fight, or some smooches.

Or one followed by the other.

• Options
    It's mainly a confusion on how people figured out who that person is. I've gone over the pages since they showed up with that lovely DOOOOOM sound effect and at no point has anyone said yeah this is this person. But the comments are all "yes this is obvious" and I have no idea what I missed.

• Options
    Allison went on a bender with White Chain when she got back from the breakfast arc, and they just sort of made her using bits of demon mask shrapnel, which admittedly is not an explanation but the comic accrued enough credit up until that point it went for the off-screen magic payout.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Demons never fully die, when they're killed they're reborn as new demons with murky, incomplete memories of their former lives

So when a pale demon with little understanding of what's going on around it feels bizarrely drawn to Allison and Allison gets emotional and upset when she sees it

You can connect some dots

• Options
    Or I’m wrong and it was a spontaneous rebirth.

Allison woke up, she was just kneeling there and then this happened.

asitv65tfyp0.jpeg

• Options
    edited May 1
    Apparently I didn't go back far enough... I had forgotten that montage and that's when they first showed up.

But also it doesn't say who they are there either. Saying made from bits of demon mask shrapnel, that's not in the comic. The character just is there when she wakes up then skitters away. No explanation.

Aistan on
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Demons never fully die, when they're killed they're reborn as new demons with murky, incomplete memories of their former lives

So when a pale demon with little understanding of what's going on around it feels bizarrely drawn to Allison and Allison gets emotional and upset when she sees it

You can connect some dots

Also, from this page: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wheel-smashing-lord-2-37-to-2-38/
    I didn’t make the connection that Allison and White Chain reasssembled her during the bender, but that makes sense.

Most imprortantly, Nu demon takes the last shard of Cio that Allison had kept as a necklace and it integrated into her mask. So from that and the very emotional outburst from Alllison, seemed pretty well sign-posted that was a new making of Cio.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The shard is a fragment of Cio's mask that was embedded in her arm while she was with Ms Nihility, she ripped it out and kept it as a reminder at the end of that arc. For the fragment to just spontaneously float over to the demon should be a very big giveaway who they are

• Options
    Eh, in fiction when someone goes “You…” that means it has to be an established character that matters to the speaker. It was always going to be Cio. Who else could it be, Steadman?

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Eh, in fiction when someone goes “You…” that means it has to be an established character that matters to the speaker. It was always going to be Cio. Who else could it be, Steadman?

It could have been Neo-Clevin.