[chat] about public transport

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    emgc42nv0n75.png

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 23
    shryke wrote: »
    Organichu I loled at your comment about how asian Markham was because, yeah. There's plenty of places where there just isn't english anywhere in sight.

Also I can't believe you came all the way up here to visit Markham. :p

@shryke if it were a nicer time of year I’d spend more time in the cities I’m visiting, going to parks and museums and chilling at cafes in interesting areas. But with snow on the ground everywhere, the cold, the icy sidewalks etc- I’m treating this much more like a roadtrip than trips in specific cities. So I’m really preoccupied with regional differences like different convenience store snacks, traffic signage, billboards etc. it matters less to me the actual city I’m in/near

Organichu on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Still on D&D Online, my character was totally gone. I was not that far in the game anyway.

It seemed like they totally changed the game.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I beat the lead seal on Against the Storm. And now, after beating the second one, I have realized I still have not built the special beacon or whatever to call for aid. What does it even do? @Tumin

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited January 23
    JebusUD wrote: »
    I beat the lead seal on Against the Storm. And now, after beating the second one, I have realized I still have not built the special beacon or whatever to call for aid. What does it even do? tumin

Eh some prod speed bopsts, free resources etc

Bail you out of a food mistake or maybe a bad storm season. Or just race to finish. Its worth it?

Tumin on
  • Options
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Does she animorph into a weather system?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I realize this may be a controversial opinion but

The Sopranos leans on the “dream episode” crutch way too many times over the course of the series

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    It's okay now, we just had a significant conversational breakdown.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    The upcoming tweaked original Tomb Raider.
    https://youtu.be/JR8trC-3AwM?si=y9y5T9WxYbF1kuss

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

uh... hmm

🚩

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Giving dog a bath and it's ultra sad face the whole time...

Until towel comes out happy times then zooming sideways along the floors and faceplant the bed.

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Post-bath zoomies may be the best of all the zoomies.

Gotta get their floor smell back

yyvd4jbjcjjg.gif

• Options

uh... hmm

🚩

Offsides?

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    emgc42nv0n75.png

Creationists: You really think a perfectly constructed object like an eye could just spontaneously arise out of chaos?

Eyeballs: lol what am I doing hahaha I'm freaking out right now I have no idea what I'm doing

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    emgc42nv0n75.png

Creationists: You really think a perfectly constructed object like an eye could just spontaneously arise out of chaos?

Eyeballs: lol what am I doing hahaha I'm freaking out right now I have no idea what I'm doing

It was so weird to me that the eye was a go to example. Like...very obviously there's lots of quite useful degrees of vision between "human eyes" and "nothing" (and also human eyes kind of suck).

• Options
    That illusion shows how the brain "fills in" what you see. This is why scientists don't trust visual observations.

• Options
    edited January 23
    I need to learn video game Japanese. It is time.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    guys i played dead cells and i killed monsters and vampire killer played in the background

10/10 video game everything you need

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I've got a slogan for my new medication
    Cymbalta- can't be depressed if you're unconscious!

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    I've got a slogan for my new medication
    Cymbalta- can't be depressed if you're unconscious!

Its not a lie

• Options
    edited January 23
    Whats the illusion

Idgi

Tumin on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    Whats the illusion

Idgi
    The dots on the grid appear to disappear when they're in your peripheral vision, but when you look directly at them you perceive them as a ctrl+alt+delete page.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    Whats the illusion

Idgi
    The dots on the grid appear to disappear when they're in your peripheral vision, but when you look directly at them you perceive them as a ctrl+alt+delete page.

What about the woman with the huge knockers

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Whats the illusion

Idgi

Also, it’s loss.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited January 23
    JebusUD wrote: »
    I beat the lead seal on Against the Storm. And now, after beating the second one, I have realized I still have not built the special beacon or whatever to call for aid. What does it even do? tumin

Eh some prod speed bopsts, free resources etc

Bail you out of a food mistake or maybe a bad storm season. Or just race to finish. Its worth it?

Basically you get 3 uses of a small bonus, 2 uses of a medium bonus, and 1 use of a large bonus.

I totally forget what they all are except the small bonuses (farms do better for one season, or some meat, or some grain), and one of the large bonuses (-100 hostility for a season).

Absolutely worthwhile to build, since it's pretty cheap and the bonuses can really help out.

Garthor on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    emgc42nv0n75.png

whats this like two 9k video streams, screaming in at a million frames per second over like not even close to enough nerves, and we have to stereo match it, do depth solving, scene reconstruction, object recognition, pose estimation, motion detection, and active stabilization continuously with an energy budget of forgot to eat lunch?

i got this don't worry, its going to just barely work

• Options
    edited January 23
    the human visual processing system is, as far as we can tell, the best in the animal kingdom

sure we can't see those satan dots in the grey lines reliably but at least we don't tend to get fooled by like, a flower pretending to be a suitable mate or a rock in the lawn with two stubs that every single night my dogs think is a bunny.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    emgc42nv0n75.png

There are four lights!

• Options
    edited January 23
    Youre saying god is cheating the nerves?

The design is fake?

Tumin on
  • Options
    edited January 23
    What upsets me isnt that eyeballs work its that the brain figures out how to interpret things pretty much on its own

An open loop system? Are you fucking crazy?

Tumin on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    the human visual processing system is, as far as we can tell, the best in the animal kingdom

sure we can't see those satan dots in the grey lines reliably but at least we don't tend to get fooled by like, a flower pretending to be a suitable mate
    speak for yourself

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited January 23
    Hmm. I put maybe 30 hours into Hades on one save file and got like 4 or 5 of the endings. I've made a new file to start fresh and beat Meg on like attempt 3 or 4, beat the Hydra on 5, and now I'm just dying on Perseus/Bull over and over

This is honestly kind of shit that you can't really make any progress for awhile until you get your keepsake and boon setup online, which is like 10ish hours of play. It feels like a gear DPS check that takes me 45 minutes to get to again.

Dead Cells is right there on sale so I think I'm ready for something else

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options

uh... hmm

🚩

It happens - she’s not fluent in English yet and I’m not fluent in Russian yet and the translate app on our phones is no pravda tovarisch.

• Options
    emgc42nv0n75.png

This is a photo of brimstone and flames right

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular

sure we can't see those satan dots in the grey lines reliably but at least we don't tend to get fooled by like, a flower pretending to be a suitable mate or a rock in the lawn with two stubs that every single night my dogs think is a bunny.

IDK, every year I go hunting, the first day or two in the treestand involves "seeing" deer in every weird brownish spot with a fallen branch in it as the light & shadows change through the day.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    I sex rocks

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Whats the illusion

Idgi

Idgi either

This page takes an L

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    It’s a an optical islclisuon

This discussion has been closed.