Options

[chat] about public transport

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    the human visual processing system is, as far as we can tell, the best in the animal kingdom

sure we can't see those satan dots in the grey lines reliably but at least we don't tend to get fooled by like, a flower pretending to be a suitable mate
    speak for yourself
    yz1km4k568fu.png

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Tumin wrote: »
    Whats the illusion

Idgi
    The dots on the grid appear to disappear when they're in your peripheral vision, but when you look directly at them you perceive them as a ctrl+alt+delete page.

God dammit

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    emgc42nv0n75.png

GOD DAMMIT

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I fueled up for the first time in Canada. after the American dollar discounterino it was like 3.94 per gallon- not as grievous as I feared.

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    I fueled up for the first time in Canada. after the American dollar discounterino it was like 3.94 per gallon- not as grievous as I feared.

Can you make a living arbitraging gas and selling weed perhaps

• Options
    48wrxs36ucur.jpeg
    6r1urci308qx.jpeg

Choco and I had dinner together. I appreciated that the contemporary chic vibes of the restaurant were such that they just wasted 2/3 of the bathroom mirror on a e s t h e t i c s

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    It's okay now, we just had a significant conversational breakdown.

uh... hmm

🚩

Offsides?

red flag is a coach's challenge you fake football girl

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    did i stay up too late playing Palworld?

yes

will i regret this tomorrow?

also probably yes

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    It's okay now, we just had a significant conversational breakdown.

uh... hmm

🚩

Offsides?

red flag is a coach's challenge you fake football girl

Roughing the chanus

• Options
    oh and after dinner we went to a Korean dessert place and got bingsu. that was phenomenal. so good that I didn't even want the scoop of ice cream on top. less everything else, more shaved milk snow or w-e pls

y2ojzf4d95it.png

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Retroarch has a built in AI translator.

Well, I'll be damned. I can translate Brain of the Dead 2.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    emgc42nv0n75.png

Holy shit

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    What upsets me isnt that eyeballs work its that the brain figures out how to interpret things pretty much on its own

An open loop system? Are you fucking crazy?

Yes. That is the disturbing part. The brain makes up stuff. That is how you hallucinate.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Training AI for accuracy: broke, tired, so 2022

adh4fn66yyr0.png

The future is hedgpanzog

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Training AI for accuracy: broke, tired, so 2022

adh4fn66yyr0.png

The future is hedgpanzog

I think I was one of those in E.V.O.: Search for Eden

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I think that’s a tanuki

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    the human visual processing system is, as far as we can tell, the best in the animal kingdom

sure we can't see those satan dots in the grey lines reliably but at least we don't tend to get fooled by like, a flower pretending to be a suitable mate
    speak for yourself
    yz1km4k568fu.png

This is amazing with your sig

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME THERE WAS A VERSION 2.0 OF THIS SIX MONTHS AGO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVx3NB4K9bg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    intensive care unit is back

the internet is healing

• Options
    edited January 23
    Are EDM mashups cool again

Tumin on
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Are EDM mashups cool again

They've always been cool to me

a very uncool person

• Options
    Gonna try to assemble my new(?) desktop tonight

Pray to the thermal paste gods for me

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Might have taken the first dose of new med too late in the day, because now I can't sleep.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    First proper surface of the sun weather of the summer today.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    *does an internet* lol yup this is a known issue with this med well fuck at least I'm off work tomorrow

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I'm starting to watch Blue Eyed Samurai. This show be pretty.

...Thaaaaat being said I have to say that Edo period Japan really wouldn't have phrased their xenophobia in terms of skin tone, that's a western thing. Especially not in terms of like, oh your fathers race has descended to you and now you're an outsider as well. That's bog standard western views on racial inheritance.

East asian xenophobia was typically based on Confucian identity and that larger vaguer sense of fitting into the social pattern, but Japan was not an ethnostate and its people wouldn't have really defined themselves as part of a Japanese race, especially not down at the small town peasant level. Your identity would be based on your class, your town, the lord you live under and whether he was an inner or outer lord, and then maybe if you were particularly buddhist or shinto.

Not really a critique of the show qua show, just like, something that immediately made me go oh yeah this is a western production.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    edited January 23
    Weaver wrote: »
    *does an internet* lol yup this is a known issue with this med well fuck at least I'm off work tomorrow

First few weeks of new meds always suck ;_;

Tumin on
  • Options
    And the nausea too. Really wishing meds had a "skip intro" button right now.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Finished Fargo season 4. It was very good, though perhaps a bit too long. Very interesting and impressive how Hawley has managed to weave the four anthologies into each other in little ways that make it all into one huge tapestry. Seasons 1, 2, and 4 are all one enormous story but you don’t need to watch any one of them to enjoy the others. I don’t think 3 is connected, though?

• Options
    SkipTro side effects may include awakelessness, disincorporation, <3 Palpatines, and in certain rare cases, Sudden Onset Human Purring

• Options
    I don’t even have the correct RAM for this computer FML

I should’ve done this on PC Parts Picker or something

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Apparently a water pipe burst in my old high school and flooded most of the school so they’re shut down for at least this week

The press release said it was in a classroom, which means it was most likely either in the science room or the old home economics room

Those are the only ones I can think of that would have had water piped in

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Hudgehog is an excellent name for an elephant.

• Options
    This is just a new desktop in an old case at this point

Nothing from my old PC is transferrable, except for like an old heat sink fan that I can bolt on as an extra

This whole experience has been a disaster

I just wanted to play indie games and have security updates

• Options
    My two hopeful goals for my day off if I manage to get some sleep- get some kind of workout in, and finish moving some furniture around and get my record player & speakers set up.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Finished Fargo season 4. It was very good, though perhaps a bit too long. Very interesting and impressive how Hawley has managed to weave the four anthologies into each other in little ways that make it all into one huge tapestry. Seasons 1, 2, and 4 are all one enormous story but you don’t need to watch any one of them to enjoy the others. I don’t think 3 is connected, though?

*remembers Amy posts from the last two days*

*puts on They Live sunglasses*

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

*remembers Amy posts from the last two days*

*puts on They Live sunglasses*

Oh don’t worry, I’m still utterly miserable in every other aspect of life 👍👍👍 Gotta stay on brand ✨

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    listen, it's just a fact that the best EDM is made by transgender furries

i don't make the rules

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    emgc42nv0n75.png

GOD DAMMIT

Hello I would like to report a bug in humanity